Rude and insulting players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
To be fair, you DID use explosion on every single one of her Pokemon.

And Buttfacenugget! LOL. Someone clearly doesn't know how to curse! :D Probably a good thing. ;) She must've been raging! Even I would be pissed!
Yeah it was fair. The whole thing was funny to me, especially when i brought in that first blissey.

Mrs.ducklett: your so going down dude

Mrs.ducklett: u a buttfacenugget and your going down!!!

Go! UR COMING DOWN TOO (Blissey)!

Reactions: JES
Yeah it was fair. The whole thing was funny to me, especially when i brought in that first blissey.

Mrs.ducklett: your so going down dude

Mrs.ducklett: u a buttfacenugget and your going down!!!

Go! UR COMING DOWN TOO (Blissey)!
Given that she was (very rightfully) given the win, I don't see what she was so cross about. I wonder if she even noticed: she won without even having to make a move. Not too shabby. Not as fun, but a win is still a win. I had to watch again to notice this however.

And yeah, it is hilarious how she says that your going down, only for you to send in a Blissey with the name UR COMING DOWN TOO!

In the end though, she was right. You DID go down in the end.

The best way to deal with them is to laugh it off. I personally find it funny whenever people rage at you for hax, especially if it was them missing a move because they chose to use a less than perfect accuracy move. I wish we had a thread to post those reactions in honestly but oh well. But yeah if you don't want to listen to them complain, then just use /ignore (user whom your fighting) to mute them for you. In their defence, it really does suck and I'll even admit that I've said stuff before when laddering for suspect recs (I think there's a glitch in that the sim intentionally haxes you out). Good luck with future battles.

This is an interesting thread :) i have seen racism too on showdown and I know it's not my job but I do say something about it, and that is sometimes in the chat room I see it. I have been called some words that I do not care to share, but I shrug it off cos I see it as immature. To do the ignore command it's /ignore (players name)? Right? I'm quite new to showdown I've been on there about 3 months and still learning lol

Morfent

formerly known as clifford the big red pawg
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This is an interesting thread :) i have seen racism too on showdown and I know it's not my job but I do say something about it, and that is sometimes in the chat room I see it. I have been called some words that I do not care to share, but I shrug it off cos I see it as immature. To do the ignore command it's /ignore (players name)? Right? I'm quite new to showdown I've been on there about 3 months and still learning lol
Yes. It doesn't last any longer than a a few days at the most though, but if you find yourself having to add same people to your ignores over and over again you should probably already talking to a staff member about them.

Yes. It doesn't last any longer than a a few days at the most though, but if you find yourself having to add same people to your ignores over and over again you should probably already talking to a staff member about them.
I have only had it once to myself, but I see others that get it done to them especially to the ones that are sweeping and the lovers can't hack (take) it (I'm from UK, that's how us commoners talk over here lol) they are the ones that start flaming and given out racial abuse, then they rage quit

WELCOME TO INTERNET GAMING!

Is this thread SERIOUSLY about ppl getting their feelings hurt over words? Have you ever played halo/call of dubty? Every 5yo and there grandma curses like a sailor online, it should be expected by now. Freedom of speech gives me the right to call you a ****head, and if you can't handle it ignore me. Birds gona fly, fishes gona swim, b*tches gona b*tch. That's life.

And if your playing in the Anything Goes playlist You can morally hold the high ground and spam your evasion or moody or any other BS tactic you want.... What?... You are surprised that they are complaining anyways?... That they still call you cheap when the rules clearly state otherwise?... WELCOME TO THE INTERNET!

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
not nessecarily. It's pretty chill in the old gens room and on my server :>

but yeah I do see a lot of people abusing their powers and being mean to eachother, and the systems to deal with these issues don't really exist pr work in a way that really helps users, particularly new ones, with people who are incessantly unkind ~_~

also there's private room with some secret circlejerking but what can u do smogon's always been overly elitist from what I've heard @_@

Iv only been playing for the past week and I have never been insulted by my opponent. In fact I'm a little disappointed by the lack of communication they give. I like having a little commentary with my battles but most ppl don't wana bother. I understand that I may be a small percentage but that's just my experience.

And even if you do experience it, idk why you don't just deal with it in one if two ways

1) just ignore it, honestly it's kinda easy to miss when somone talks to you in showdown because of all the other text around it. When I communicate with somone I usualy have to search for there messages or else I miss them, so I don't think ignoring them would be hard.

2) usually when ppl do this is when they are losing... And that's when you just laugh lol. In fact the more polite you get the more upset they will probably get. If I was in a pissed mood, I would make a team of ALL EVASION PKMN and enter the anything goes playlist and just go to town till I piss someone off... I wouldn't start it... But it's a funny way to pass the time and they asked for it by entering the anything goes playlist.

At the end if the day you don't see other games wining about there players attitudes. It's natural, that when we as players are so into a game that emotions will run high. When the you are about to defeat Your opponent and then their quick claw activates and they defeat you it's normal to be a little upset if you are an avid pokemon player. While I don't think that we are in the right to fire a salvo of dirty words at them, I just don't think we should consider it criminal when it happens to us. It's probably some 9 year old upset about his parents divorce anyways... So next time it happens, just say "cheer up kid, I'm sure everything will be alright"...

WELCOME TO INTERNET GAMING!

Is this thread SERIOUSLY about ppl getting their feelings hurt over words? Have you ever played halo/call of dubty? Every 5yo and there grandma curses like a sailor online, it should be expected by now. Freedom of speech gives me the right to call you a ****head, and if you can't handle it ignore me. Birds gona fly, fishes gona swim, b*tches gona b*tch. That's life.

And if your playing in the Anything Goes playlist You can morally hold the high ground and spam your evasion or moody or any other BS tactic you want.... What?... You are surprised that they are complaining anyways?... That they still call you cheap when the rules clearly state otherwise?... WELCOME TO THE INTERNET!
We don't play the PC game here. You can curse as much as you want without any of that fucking censorship

Well, I've dealt with the same kind of people, but this isn't anything new; idiots will be all over the internet, there's nothing we can do about it.

By the way I think a lot of people missed the point, AG means you can use ANY kind of tactics (that includes "cheap" ones like evasion), so players should expect them to be used, I don't see why it's deserving of rude comments; what the OP tried to speak out was the fact that these users should be dealt with via banning, though let's be honest we can't go hunting down every single insulting player out there.

A more efficient way of dealing with this would be to have the option of disable chatting while battling

People can't accept the fact that they lose. It takes a big person to accept failure (or just plain bad luck in some cases when it comes to pokemon). People will then either "blame" something/someone other than themselves, or get angry, instead of taking resposibility. Pokemon is a game filled with hax. If you can't accept this then go start your own metagame, or go play chess. However, just because people can't accept responsibility, and get obnoxious, this doesn't justify getting banned from speaking. It's too uncontrolable, and to some, too immoral. The only options are to either accept it, or ignore it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)