Same Type Stealth Rock

Last edited:
Entirely gimicky, but Mimic could allow some Pokemon to use different type sr than possible. Very impractical but still a possibility afaict

Entirely gimicky, but Mimic could allow some Pokemon to use different type sr than possible. Very impractical but still a possibility afaict
This wouldn't work because Stealth Rock is the same move for every type but the type changes based on who uses it (I think)

I'd feel like they wouldn't, simply because things like Volt Absorb and Water Absorb activate on damage, while Flash Fire, Sap Sipper, Storm Drain, and Lightningrod activating on a move. I feel like they wouldn't for the same reason that you can still Baton Pass Leech Seed to a Ferrothorn. I checked on Showdown right before posting this. Also, its easier to leave as is than to change. If the actual type of the move changed, then I would say they would absorb them and gain the effect, but it doesn't, as evidenced by Protean equaling always Rock type.
Volt Absorb is triggered by Thunder Wave, which does not deal damage. Not only this but how do you deal Electric/Water type damage if not with a move? That argument makes no sense at all, seeing as you can't baton pass Leech Lightning/Water to something (especially cause they don't exist). It would make sense to make all absorbtion abilities remove the rocks, especially since Volt Absorb is worthless since there is no Electric rock setter. Water Absorb isn't much better since theres a whole one setter or so?

Concerning abilities that allow immunity to certain types, I have a couple ideas on how they could work. Yes, I know you already came up with the decision to have SR removed by abilities such as Volt Absorb, but hear me out.

Idea 1: 'Mons with abilities such as Volt Absorb and Dry Skin will allow it to heal a very small amount of HP, depending on the corresponding SR type (maybe like 1/16 or something). A pokemon with Dry Skin switching into a fire type SR, however, will take more damage than usual (once again, maybe 1/16 of its HP).

Idea 2: Pokemon with similar abilities will not be affected by the SR that it is immune to, simple as that. However, with Dry Skin, a mon will take more damage (about 25% HP).

I forgot what the 3rd one was.

If you like the ideas, cool. If not, cool. I don't care if you decide to use these or not (or if you even like them), just thought I'd share them.

• Bland Rocks (Normal)
  • Simmering Rocks (Fire)
  • Conflicting Rocks (Fighting)
  • Liquidized Rocks (Water)
  • Soaring Rocks (Flying)
  • Forest Rocks (Grass)
  • Poisoned Rocks (Poison)
  • Magnetised Rocks (Electric)
  • Infused Rocks (Ground)
  • Telepathic Rocks (Psychic)
  • Rock Rocks (Rock) [or Stealth Rock w/e]
  • Frozen Rocks (Ice)
  • Pestering Rocks (Bug)
  • Draconic Rocks (Dragon)
  • Possessed Rocks (Ghost)
  • Evil Rocks (Dark)
  • Metal Rocks (Steel) [this is a pun on like 'geology rocks', but w/ metal n_n]
  • Pink Mythical Rocks (Fairy)
Keep in mind that it's 4:00 AM and I haven't gotten any sleep whatsoever n__n. Anyways, I'm going to edit the Stealth Rock sprite just to play around and see what happens n___n.
I has a few name changes for you:

Pestering Rocks to Infested Rocks
Poisoned Rocks to Toxic Rocks

Just some suggestions on the names, that's all! :)

I has a few name changes for you:

Pestering Rocks to Infested Rocks
Poisoned Rocks to Toxic Rocks

Just some suggestions on the names, that's all! :)
I still disagree with everything being some kind of "rocks," just as I did when this meta was first created.

Anyway, Ghost Stealth Rock + Defiant/Competitive users would be really fun if Ghost Stealth Rock got distribution :/

Skarmory, which is the closest replacement to Deoxys-D with Taunt and decent Speed, sets Steel-type Stealth Rock, which only hits Rock and Ice super effectively.
Please don't forget about fairies. They're the whole reason why I even bother to use Skarmory. In fact, Skarmory is my second favorite Pokemon for mostly this reason.

I understand that the chances are next to none, but if a pokemon were to obtain Tinted Lens via Skill Swap or something, would that affect SR damage?

Also Sheddy can come in on normal types rocks right?

I understand that the chances are next to none, but if a pokemon were to obtain Tinted Lens via Skill Swap or something, would that affect SR damage?

Also Sheddy can come in on normal types rocks right?
Obviously lol Shedinja can come in on any rocks it's not weak to. Edit: Oh dammit I'm dumb everyone please ignore this post.

Last edited:
It's funny, Heatran is the main fire rock setter, but he's boned if his opponent has a ground type setter, helping out the types that are weak to fire, which funnily enough are SE against ground. Making a cycle of those three types.

It's funny, Heatran is the main fire rock setter, but he's boned if his opponent has a ground type setter, helping out the types that are weak to fire, which funnily enough are SE against ground. Making a cycle of those three types.
the type effectiveness cycles i know (in which "advantage" is defined as being resistant to and se on the other type) are grass-fire-water (obviously), fighting-psychic-dark, flying-rock-fighting, grass-poison-ground, and fire-rock-steel. I'm still looking for cycles like the ones you mentioned.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
the type effectiveness cycles i know (in which "advantage" is defined as being resistant to and se on the other type) are grass-fire-water (obviously), fighting-psychic-dark, flying-rock-fighting, grass-poison-ground, and fire-rock-steel. I'm still looking for cycles like the ones you mentioned.
Fighting-Psychic-Dark sometimes counts depending on how you define "advantage". If you include immunities in the "advantage" thing, it is. If you don't, it isn't.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)