SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Stand-outs to me, spoilers due to length:

Meowsparada gets Knock Off (yeah, this thing is OU+, no contest).
Skeledirge...gets nothing. Egg moves are the last resolve.
Quaquaval gets Close Combat, so this plus Aqua Step, this thing gets better and better.
Palafin gets Flip Turn and Jet Punch. Considering it switches to its other form via switching, and getting Flip Turn...
Revavroom gets Shift Gear, and with those stats, that'll be nice.
Cetitan gets Ice Shard, which is really nice considering its other properties. This 'mon is getting better.
No Tidy Up for Baxcalibur, but Thermal Exchange is still all good. Better yet, priority in Ice Shard.
Kilowattrel gets Hurricane and Volt Switch, which for its stats is sweet.
Garganacl gets Stealth Rock, Stone Edge, and Recover. Might be our first really good mono-Rock in awhile.
Glimmora gets Spiky Shield, Stealth Rock, Sludge Wave...typing aside, this Pokemon is a hazard, literally.
Gholdengo gets Recovery and Nasty Plot, and with immunity to status, is really nice.

One overlooked thing
Kingambit - 100/135/120/60/85/50 (Total: 550) - Dark/Steel - Defiant/Supreme Overlord/Pressure
Bisharp evo still gets Defiant, so it's not locked into the new ability.

Meowscarada gets actually a pretty solid moveset with also Play Rough, U-turn and Knock Off as level up moves, so may actually be a pretty solid both in-game and competitive with HA pokemon!

Skeledirge doesn't look like having recovery :( Can still hope it gets something via egg moves

Quaquaval is stacked

H-Electrode actually has a pretty usable movepool and may actually not suck competitively (also lol it gets gyroball on 150 speed)

H-Thyplosion gets Eruption like regular one!
Heatran meanwhile still doesn't get it :(

H-Zoroark has a pretty solid moveset and actually gets u-turn and knock off as level up moves, i see potential.

I can't seem to find any notable moveset change for pre gen 9 pokemon however.

Brute Bonnet gets Rage Power and Spore
While this looks nice on paper, the lack of Regenerator may really hurt any viability it would have over regular Amoonguss sadly.

Oh and, speaking of paradox, lord and savior paradox Jigglypuff does get Wish but no teleport.
Its utility moveset is kind of shit outside of Wish though, so it needs to hope it gets some love via TMs.
Then again it has 115 speed, that thing will scream in your nightmares at the speed of light, who cares of support ima choice spec spam the shit out of its screams.

Last edited:
Meowscarada gets actually a pretty solid moveset with also Play Rough, U-turn and Knock Off as level up moves, so may actually be a pretty solid both in-game and competitive with HA pokemon!
Is it even going to want Protean? Especially if it gets some form of setup, keeping Grass/Dark with dual STABs in Flower Trick and Knock Off sounds like the play. Recall that Protean has been nerfed, so after one type change it gets stuck that way until it decides to bounce.

Is it even going to want Protean? Especially if it gets some form of setup, keeping Grass/Dark with dual STABs in Flower Trick and Knock Off sounds like the play. Recall that Protean has been nerfed, so after one type change it gets stuck that way until it decides to bounce.
Someone mentioned in the BSS post that choice band + protean should be a pretty solid option and I see that realistically.

May not use protean on non-choiced sets but let's be fair protean uturn is basically half of why Cinderace got banned from OU

a rather unusually high amount of mons got Knock Off and Throat Chop, which I think is interesting.

Also, while Bombirdier's stats may not be very good, i wanna give a shoutout to the Knock Off, Parting Shot, and Memento in its movepool

Basculegion got Phantom Force, so at least male ones get to have A physical ghost move.

I also notice that a good amount of the new guys get an unusual amount of type coverage in their lv up learnset, like Garganacl gets his rock moves, but he also gets Heavy Slam, Hammer Arm, and Earthquake all by lv up.

Poltergeist desperately needs to come back for the likes of Brambleghast, Ceruledge and Annihilape

Fragmented

procrastinating...
is a Pokemon Researcher
Revaroom looks kind of interesting. 119 Atk and 90 Spe, together with Magnet Rise and Shift Gear with STABs in Gunk Shot and Iron Head, this thing could be problematic

Dondozo get Dive, so could potentially stall out stuff together with RestTalk

Honestly, Quaquaval seems the most broken of the 3 starters to me with its ability to snowball with Moxie and Aqua Step, or just chunking something with CB Wave Crash. I think Toxapex is returning, so it does have a counter.

Also in addition to Past Donphan and Ursaluna, only regular Hariyama gets Headlong Rush

H-Lilligant and Medicham also gets Axe Kick, which is just Jump Kick/Hi Jump Kick (does anyone know what type it is?)

Enamorus probably would run Contrary Superpower and Moonblast over Cute Charm and Springtide Storm, but the potential to infatuate a physical attacker is kinda funny.

the drip-feeding of datamine lists is very much starting to get to me.. :trode:

that being said, that grass cat is going to be insane - i'll probably wait for pleasing visuals to dive through the moves but the old/returning mons didn't really get any new toys (until egg moves that is)

Thats an objectively good thing. Heatran is already too strong as it is and you want to make it stronger?
On Smogon purpose, that wouldn't change anything as smogon allows transfer pokemon and Eruption is thus allowed.

On VGC purpose, Heatran has actually had pretty poor performance in last gens, it's got a awkard speed tier and weakness to arguably one of the most common offensive move of the format (Earthquake), so it hardly ever sees play.
Having Eruption as actual moveset thing instead of 10 year old event move would have at least given it viability.

Welcome to pokemon datamines for last 3 gens
1668163292053.png

that being said, that grass cat is going to be insane - i'll probably wait for pleasing visuals to dive through the moves but the old/returning mons didn't really get any new toys (until egg moves that is)
I'd love to not dripfeed and dump the TMs, egg moves and tutor moves straight away, but I literally don't have the IDs. There was a TMs list that someone created previously, but I cannot find it now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 21)