SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Fragmented

procrastinating...
is a Pokemon Researcher
Here is the TM list from Kalalokki and the box search.
Notably some classic tutors are now TMs, like the pledges, starter elemental moves, and even Draco Meteor. The list ends at 171 with Tera Blast.
EDIT: Added 156-167.
Yes - that is the problem, "different moves". Game Freak usually stores TMs as a bitflag, so the item IDs themselves aren't whats needed, but the TM indexes. All I need is the indexes and the names.
Here's the image list posted like 40 pages back

I think what he means is that he needs the *moves* IDs and not actually the TMs themselves.

I don't think we actually have had a list of the move IDs yet.

Meanwhile, speaking of something else, i was checking if Iron Valiant was getting psychic moves as expected (it does, obv, it's based on gallade/gardevoir after all), and... it also gets Spirit Break, but not Play rough (at least, not via level up, may still get via TM).

Interesting that it gets what was the signature move of Grimmsnarl.

Fragmented

procrastinating...
is a Pokemon Researcher
I think what he means is that he needs the *moves* IDs and not actually the TMs themselves.

what's the difference? also the same person that made the pokemon info pastebin also had a move id list and a separate move description list, though there's no info like type, base power, pp, acc, etc.

Thank you!

And nah, it's perfect.

Also, I've found the field that contains the egg moves as well - so the next paste update should hopefully have the TMs and egg moves.

I just had a peek at the dogs.
  • Dachsbun is staggeringly unimpressive outside of its fire-absorption ability. It gets Roar and Baton Pass. Nothing else of note.
  • Mabosstiff can pick one of 3 solid abilities, including the rare Stakeout, and it learns the new move Comeuppance—some kind of counter.
  • Houndstone gets Fluffy, making it the sequel to Furfrou as far as dogs are concerned, but Last Respects could be strong if it increments well.
Dachsbun and Houndstone seem dead on arrival (ha), but Mabosstiff has actual stats plus a lot of built-in versatility.
Gen 9 is lavishing the Dark type, and it's actually disgusting. We knew it would be like this from Khu, but even in the dog department Dark is winning.

Honestly, Quaquaval seems the most broken of the 3 starters to me with its ability to snowball with Moxie and Aqua Step, or just chunking something with CB Wave Crash. I think Toxapex is returning, so it does have a counter.
In my opinion, it's heavily overestimated.
With Gyarados, most of the time Electric-types were just the only worry, since Gyarados can easily punish most of the Rock-types with ease after one DD. Plenty of coverage options as well to break through stuff that could somewhat check it. One DD and no one really wants to take what hit is coming.

Quaquaval plays out differently. Aqua Steps could start a snowballing effect, but it's not an Attack increase, just Speed. Thus, it will face the typical Water/Fighting problems aka struggling against notable, physical walls. Rocky Helmet Grass-types, the Slowbro family, Toxapex, Grass/Ghost types, just to name a few. Doesn't appreciate fast Electric-types either, Flying spam, Scarf Psychic or Freeze Dry. Water Absorb and Dry Skin also exist.

I can see it getting Brave Bird and Knock Off for coverage, but ultimately it may struggle with 4 moves and what to hit. SD is also a possibility. I also don't think either Scarf or Band would do wonders for it.

Houndstone has fine stats. It isn't gonna be a worldbeater but solid abilities/stats will let it thrive in the lower tiers probably.

Anyways did no one notice the hilariousness of Iron Bundle having a perfect set of 4moves (hydropump, ice beam, freeze dry and flip turn)? Delibird is done being shit talked.
He also gets the move that brings Snow + switches out with great speed. Finally some love for Delibird, even if its not truly him.

Fragmented

procrastinating...
is a Pokemon Researcher
In my opinion, it's heavily overestimated.
With Gyarados, most of the time Electric-types were just the only worry, since Gyarados can easily punish most of the Rock-types with ease after one DD. Plenty of coverage options as well to break through stuff that could somewhat check it. One DD and no one really wants to take what hit is coming.

Quaquaval plays out differently. Aqua Steps could start a snowballing effect, but it's not an Attack increase, just Speed. Thus, it will face the typical Water/Fighting problems aka struggling against notable, physical walls. Rocky Helmet Grass-types, the Slowbro family, Toxapex, Grass/Ghost types, just to name a few. Doesn't appreciate fast Electric-types either, Flying spam, Scarf Psychic or Freeze Dry. Water Absorb and Dry Skin also exist.

I can see it getting Brave Bird and Knock Off for coverage, but ultimately it may struggle with 4 moves and what to hit. SD is also a possibility. I also don't think either Scarf or Band would do wonders for it.
It does get Acrobatics, so itemless could become a thing to hit Grass/Ghosts. Also, the Speed boost is pretty big since it could allow it outspeed potential revenge killers bar Regieleki. I forgot about Slowbro being a thing, so it does become more wallable unless they give it some stupid coverage.

It does get Acrobatics, so itemless could become a thing to hit Grass/Ghosts. Also, the Speed boost is pretty big since it could allow it outspeed potential revenge killers bar Regieleki. I forgot about Slowbro being a thing, so it does become more wallable unless they give it some stupid coverage.
Considering it's a fighting type I would be somewhat surprised if it doesnt get Thunder Punch or at very least Shadow Claw or even Knock Off via breeding

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Anyways did no one notice the hilariousness of Iron Bundle having a perfect set of 4moves (hydropump, ice beam, freeze dry and flip turn)? Delibird is done being shit talked.
I still stand by saying Delibird is better as Deli meat.

Doesn't help that Christmas decorations were on sale in Walmart at the start of October. It's just stupid when decorations are out and St. Patrick's Day is barely farther away to Christmas to the day I saw the decorations.

This is about looks instead of competative, but IMO, Delibird is the lamest looking Paradox because (judging by the screenshots I've seen) it just looks like a plastic Delibird instead of a robot. The bag is the only thing that makes it look like more than a lawn ornament.

I still stand by saying Delibird is better as Deli meat.

Doesn't help that Christmas decorations were on sale in Walmart at the start of October. It's just stupid when decorations are out and St. Patrick's Day is barely farther away to Christmas to the day I saw the decorations.

This is about looks instead of competative, but IMO, Delibird is the lamest looking Paradox because (judging by the screenshots I've seen) it just looks like a plastic Delibird instead of a robot. The bag is the only thing that makes it look like more than a lawn ornament.
I won't tolerate any more slander to my cute and broken Deligod (insert angry Jigglypuff emoji here, which I can't do from mobile).

Fragmented

procrastinating...
is a Pokemon Researcher
896: Blazing Torque
897: Wicked Torque
898: Noxious Torque
899: Combat Torque
900: Magical Torque

I'm assuming these are made only for the Team Star boss fights, because the pastebin doesn't have descriptions for them at all.

Also, some more move descriptions for some of the moves taken from the pastebin, for your convenience
The user discharges all the electricity from its body to perform a high-damage attack. After using this move, the user will no longer be Electric type.

The user converts its rage into energy to attack. The more times the user has been hit by attacks, the greater the move’s power.

The user shoots mystical beams from its eyes to inflict damage. The target is hit twice in a row.

The user spins the pointed part of its body at high speed to pierce the target. This attack can hit a target using a move such as Protect or Detect.

The user summons a ruinous disaster. This cuts the target’s HP in half.

The user slashes at the target after kowtowing to make the target let down its guard. This attack never misses.

The user sharply boosts its Attack, Sp. Atk, and Speed stats by using its own HP.

The user captures the very essence of the target in a sketch. This changes the Abilities of the user and its ally Pokémon to that of the target.

The user performs a spin attack that can also eliminate the effects of such moves as Bind, Wrap, and Leech Seed. This also poisons opposing Pokémon.

The user performs a perfectly timed triple dive, hitting the target with splashes of water three times in a row.

The user throws its entire body into a reckless charge. Attacks from opposing Pokémon during the next turn cannot miss and will inflict double damage.

The user spins furiously by straining its legs, inflicting damage on the target. This also harshly lowers the user’s Speed stat.

The user summons a torrent around its fist and punches at blinding speed. This move always goes first.

The user attacks by unleashing a peculiar light that even affects the mind. This also harshly lowers the target’s Sp. Def stat.

The user attacks with elegant poise. If the user has a Tatsugiri in its mouth, this move boosts one of the user’s stats based on the Tatsugiri’s form.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Are you sure you don't mean "Christmas ornament"?

View attachment 464390
I meant lawn ornament, like a lawn gnome. I didn't realize the bag look like a Christmas ornament, so now I think it looks like an ornament attacked to another kind of ornament.

I won't tolerate any more slander to my cute and broken Deligod :puff:
Fine. Paradox Delibird isn't better off as deli meat. It looks less tasty... and less eatable. :P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)