SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

You could just switch the Pokémon you actually use out of your party
That's what I've been doing the whole game if I wanted sandwich effects. The box is literally with you the entire game. I was wondering why no one was saying it. You can even box the mons you care about, eat an egg power sandwich, then take them back out to breed without affection.

Ignore how creepy "breed without affection" sounds.

If the map is going to highlight the bases with mugshots of the bosses and other unsolicited information, would it be too much to ask for a witty “star rating” that indicates the faraway DJ man is tuned for the early game?
All of the gym leaders and star bases tell you how strong they are relative to the others. The titans don’t but they’re leveled based on the surrounding wild Pokémon so it’s also pretty easy to figure out.

Edit: i also think it’s pretty neat that the ice gym doesn’t say anything in the blurb about how strong it is bc he warns you when you get there that he’s very strong so I’m pretty sure you’re meant to go there right after the ghost gym (since there’s just a short path between the two) and be surprised by the power jump and realize you should come back later after the psychic gym.

Last edited:
It turns out that there is a secret box for storing the rideable box legendary's data which seems to be the base of the dupe glitches popularized by blaines, with the latest version able to directly access it when in the Battle Teams menu. So that's pretty interesting.
The intended usage for that box is actually pretty obvious, it's to be able to put the mounted-version of your cover lege in a battle team for online battles, in case you traded away the 2nd copy.

See, to an extent since they're frankly way too rare, I understand stuff like Apricorn balls being needlessly stupid to obtain. It's just flavor stuff at the end of the day. Annoying to be sure, but....fine, whatever.
And honestly I wouldn't care that the Herba Mystica are exclusive to Raids like that. Sandwiches are a side thing and it's jsut for fun.

But one of the more "central" side quests requires a specific one! It's so awful. At least let me go beat up the titans one more time to get a freebie.
Bruh moment.

I got the Sweet HM from one of my very first successful 5-star raids just now and figured I'd hand it in to Saguaro because I've got a long way to go before I start caring about meal powers. The reward from the side quest is a freaking cup. It's nothing to help with the sandwich gimmick in lieu of the herb. It's nothing to advance the player's Pokémon training. It's a cosmetic item only noticeable if someone enters your picnic and really zooms in.
1669708641533.png

It's a mug with a Slowpoke face exactly like you see here that sits on the picnic table.

I don't even hate it. I just want it to be known that the game asks the player to trade the elixir of life for a cool cup (and be happy with it).

Last edited:
Bruh moment.

I got the Sweet HM from one of my very first successful 5-star raids just now and figured I'd hand it in to Saguaro because I've got a long way to go before I start caring about meal powers. The reward from the side quest is a freaking cup. It's nothing to help with the sandwich gimmick in lieu of the herb. It's nothing to advance the player's Pokémon training. It's a cosmetic item only noticeable if someone enters your picnic and really zooms in.
View attachment 469297
It's a mug with a Slowpoke face exactly like you see here that sits on the picnic table.

I don't even hate it. I just want it to be known that the game asks the player to trade the elixir of life for a cool cup (and be happy with it).
I see nothing wrong with it.
This is perfection.

(Also to be fair, the Sweet HM isn't even that rare once you start mashing raids anyway. Afaik the actually rare one is the Salty one, which also happens to be key for some of the most useful sandwitch recipes)

So funny moment last night. Went to search for a shiny Iron Hands and silly me chose electric when I probably should have used the sandwich for fighting. Ended up not finding a shiny Iron Hands but got a shiny Pawmi within moments of entering the area. Then this morning I ate another for ground and got myself the shiny Pooper I wanted. :)

It might actually be better to narrow down what spawns where and focus in on one type that only spawns rather than the outbreaks imo. Although those can be really good for EV training via bracers.

Fighting will still get you the Pawmo spawns I'm afraid :P

That said, Fighting is still probably the better option for Iron Hand, since Electric would also cause more Raichu and Iron Thorns spawns, while there's no other Fighting types in the area.

Fighting will still get you the Pawmo spawns I'm afraid :P

That said, Fighting is still probably the better option for Iron Hand, since Electric would also cause more Raichu and Iron Thorns spawns, while there's no other Fighting types in the area.
I want a shiny Iron Thorns as well because the chrome looks so good compared to the default look. Now if only the green light parts were blue or red instead.

I want a shiny Iron Thorns as well because the chrome looks so good compared to the default look. Now if only the green light parts were blue or red instead.
For Iron Thorns your best option is likely Rock. There's no other relevant Rock type spawning in that area as far as I can remember.
Garganagal spawn in the bottom layer but not in the above one.

For Iron Thorns your best option is likely Rock. There's no other relevant Rock type spawning in that area as far as I can remember.
Garganagal spawn in the bottom layer but not in the above one.
Lycanrock spawns there and I think Garganacl does spawn too. I think electric would be best since I’m p sure iron thorns is the only electric type that spawns in that particular area (the rocky areas by the rock slides)

Lycanrock spawns there and I think Garganacl does spawn too. I think electric would be best since I’m p sure iron thorns is the only electric type that spawns in that particular area (the rocky areas by the rock slides)
Nope Pawmi groups and Raichu do as well. This is what I first tried.

Nope Pawmi groups and Raichu do as well. This is what I first tried.
Ok I thought those only spawned in the field areas which conflicts with iron hands but not iron thorns.

Edit: I just checked and without any encounter powers Lycanrock + the entire Garganacl line spawn very frequently while I haven’t seen a raichu or pawmi so if they do spawn there it’s pretty rare. I’d definitely say to use electric power if you’re looking for iron thorns.

Last edited:
When I went down there they were basically everywhere. I only got one Iron Thorns to spawn.
Iron thorns only spawn by the rockslides, along with hawlucha, Lycanrock, nacli, etc. There won’t be any in the open field areas with the iron hands or iron moth. Just going up and down one rockslide without any powers there was usually at least one iron thorns every trip. If you don’t feel like climbing you could just stay at the top or bottom (the bottom seems to usually have a bigger rocky area) and move around to refresh the spawns; I just wanted to stay in the rocky area for testing to make sure if the mice could spawn there.

update: I found the encounter data from slp32 (https://pastebin.com/hhdpw1M7) and confirmed that iron thorns and the others I’ve seen spawn there are rocky biome while the mice aren’t.

Last edited:
I see nothing wrong with it.
This is perfection.

(Also to be fair, the Sweet HM isn't even that rare once you start mashing raids anyway. Afaik the actually rare one is the Salty one, which also happens to be key for some of the most useful sandwitch recipes)
Btw none of the herbas are particularly rare if you know which Pokémon drop them. Other than a few Pokémon like vaporeon and amoonguss that drop all of them at equal rates (replacing the nature mint drops) each flavor is associated with a particular stat that’s associated with the Pokémon. It’s usually pretty easy to just guess which stat goes with each Pokémon (it also decides which nature mints they drop), but annoyingly they’re kind of different from how the flavors have been assigned in the past. Salty probably just seems rarer than the others bc you get it from fat walls like toxapex you probably don’t wanna fight lol. (Also there’re a ton of physical attackers so spicy is the most common)

For reference:
Spicy — Attack
Sweet — Speed
Salty — Defense (they def changed the flavors just for garganacl btw)
Bitter — Sp. Attack
Sour — Sp. Defense

Edit: I just realized that the ones that drop all of the herbas are the HP mons. Should’ve been obvious from blissey + health feather drops I guess.

Last edited:
Do the story Miraidon and Koraidon have locked natures? The "alpha" Koraidon in my game is Adamant while my partner Koraidon is Quirky, which seems to be a little too on the nose.

The alpha ones have locked stats afaik. Not just nature, also their IVs
Well, that's one less thing we need to SR for.
Actually, the 4 perils are the only things that "require" SRing in this game, no? Especially considering that paradoxes are dime a dozen and you only really need to find one with a good nature / a 30-31 IV in any stat bar speed to save up on mints and/or bottle caps.

Unrelated to the above, but they really did make good dittos more accessible this gen by making it so Imposter always copies the raid host, so they can just enter with a Magikarp while the rest of the team pummels the now-defenseless Ditto to fish paste.

So interesting thing I had happen last night. I ate to encounter a shiny Iron Hands and in less than 5 mins found one however after comparing it's look to a regular one and seeing that mine was smaller than average I decided to reset. I then ate for a shiny Iron Thorns and bam in less than 5 mins encountered a perfectly average sized one which I kept and is the better looking shiny (imo). It felt like the game was predetermined to give me a shiny of anything I ate for. Anyone else had something like this occur?

Okay, do we know if regional breeding has changed? For the last 2 gens, breeding a species with a regional would produce an egg of the regional form, no matter the form of the parent, unless said parent held an Everstone. I'd expect that to be the case, BUT, we now have Tauros having 3 paldean forms. Do we know what happens if we breed regular Tauros? (even if that requires non-legit means ATM)

Would be interesting to know when dealing with Hissuian forms. Will be giving it a try with Quagsire and Perrserker in a few hours, but in the meantime I'll just leave the issue here.

Okay, do we know if regional breeding has changed? For the last 2 gens, breeding a species with a regional would produce an egg of the regional form, no matter the form of the parent, unless said parent held an Everstone. I'd expect that to be the case, BUT, we now have Tauros having 3 paldean forms. Do we know what happens if we breed regular Tauros? (even if that requires non-legit means ATM)

Would be interesting to know when dealing with Hissuian forms. Will be giving it a try with Quagsire and Perrserker in a few hours, but in the meantime I'll just leave the issue here.
I'll try it out now, one moment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)