SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Surely the chest gets some more interesting features by the time its a pokemon, right? Because otherwise its weird that they're giving us all these angles of it (we can now see the back of it! wow!) when the only one that really matters is seeing the second view with the coins
The back angle is under a different anim directory and goes from img_0 to img_4, so something interesting might happen with that later. Right now they all look like the same image though. https://chest.pokemon.com/anim/images/img_0.png

Also its shadow has an interesting shape, though it's mostly obscured on the current view of the website right now.

The back angle is under a different anim directory and goes from img_0 to img_4, so something interesting might happen with that later. Right now they all look like the same image though. https://chest.pokemon.com/anim/images/img_0.png

Also its shadow has an interesting shape, though it's mostly obscured on the current view of the website right now.
Ohhh, spooky ghost hand, I can live with that.

Khu said the type is from Gen 6 which people took to reference Aegislash. (EDIT: ninja'd)

Speaking of which, recently he's addressed the website with a reminder of the coin post, said Hoopa has a chance to make it in, made a poll about paradox Virizion's kept type, a poll about the sushi relationship, a vague riddle about which generational gimmick is different, images of Cobalion's chest/Terrakion's legs/Virizion's head which may also be about paradox Virizion with the hint mentioning imagination, a relationship between the hammer and a Gen 8 mon that may relate to a tweet where he said it hits birds and which some people think it means a smack down effect, some possible body shapes for paradox Suicune, a knot that apparently represents a new mon, and a color hint ("red & green, 2Hs") that may be about the pepper. It hasn't really revealed much but that's what he's been posting that hasn't been posted among some other stuff for reference.

For the chest website, apparently there will be an update after 1/5/9/13/17/21/24/25 hours from start.
Here's a snippet from the javascript used for reference with time being in seconds.
The images from box02_01.png to box02_05.png shows the chest filling up with coins in the 2nd angle.
View attachment 462565
I got this image from this site but I don't know if they took it from someone else.
That’s interesting. What if “Paradox Suicune” and “Paradox Virizion” are actually the respective trios combined into 1 mesh? “Paradox Gallade” is supposed to be both Gallade and Gardevoir.

YES! ORIGINAL DRAGON COPIUM! BECAUSE NOTHING CAN EVER STAY OPEN-ENDED! ALL INTRIGUE AND MYSTERY IN THE SETTING MUST BE SYSTEMICALLY OBLITERATED!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I… think that seems like a bit much? I think it’s only natural to want to see a monster in a series about pocket monsters, and I don’t get what ‘mystery’ exists about Kyurem to begin with. The dragon splits, Kyurem is left as a husk and eventually winds up in the Giant Chasm, desperate to re-fuse with Reshiram and Zekrom. Personally I’m not that invested in the importance of seeing it, but being hostile to the idea of it doe strike me as odd - the only missing piece here would just be its appearance.

In any event, the original dragon is inevitably going to star in Legends Kyurem anyway, so I’d personally prepare a healthy supply of copium before that happens. That or we get Origin Reshiram and Zekrom and I’m the one who needs the copium to forget ever having seen them, I guess. Back on topic…

Paradox Kyurem when? It would be another opportunity to introduce the original dragon.
As much as I love Kyurem (it’s my favorite Pokémon, despite the username), something like that is something I can’t imagine happening. A big form reveal is something you save to advertise remakes or Legends, or in Zygarde’s case, if a looming anniversary like your third version.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
I feel like with what we do know of Paradoxes, it really wouldn't make sense for it to be the Original Dragon - The paradoxes are supposed to be some sorta weird cryptid mons from alternate timelines created by dreams or somehting like that.

Honestly one way or the other, while it'd be cool to see the OG dragon design wise, I really don't think there is much it could add to Reshiram and Zekrom's story that we don't already know

It's significantly more interesting than the Galarian Ponyta reveal just by virtue of we have a component of the Pokemon already plainly visible and a mystery about how it relates to this if you dont know the leaks

and periodically checking in on a chest that only slowly updates is a lot better than a live stream yo uwere hypothetically meant to watch in case something Interesting (TM) happened
You don't even need that. Apparently, 4Channers managed to check when it updates by the website's source code.

Obviously I'm not sure that's actually possible, but who knows.

Iirc, it'll be at 3p.m. CST, I'll double-check later.

This coin Pokemon will be interesting if it is Steel-Ghost. Aegislash is in my top 5 favorite mons, but an annoying thing about it is that you need to switch out or use King's Shield in order to not take increased damage in its offensive form. This Coin Pokemon will be a great alternative since it will likely not be as potent as Aegislash in either of its forms, but will have more flexibility in how its able to be used in battle, as it doesn't need to use King's Shield / deal with defense drops when attacking.

It looks like the chest will be filling up with coins now, and so far we're on step 4 out of 9 with 4 more images of coins to account for. There's not much else about the chest to say though so here's some more miscellaneous info.

Apparently the 4th button will involve a video based on the javascript, so that'll probably be a final reveal video dropping tomorrow morning (9AM EST after the daylight savings fallback). I wonder if we'll actually see the final evolution if it's building up with these coins or just the chest as a mon, or even Jacq's coin video from GO if they're still tying into that. Honestly this website has not had any context or flavour other than the embed text saying "Observe the chest" so I could see it going either way, but it's interesting how many different ways they've been building up to reveals for this game and making it work even with the leaks.
1667687687380.png

1667688484933.png

This thread goes more into Pokemon GO mechanics and how this gold pokestop event is built on the rocket/invasion system with more features, and it seems like it's still going for a while after the fact. Near the end it notes that the coin item has a limit of 100.

Also here's what Kaka had to say about the evolution again, describing it as a "GOLD NINGEN" (note: ningen means human) and also posting an image of a golden sudowoodo on a skateboard emoji without context, which is probably related but you never know with kaka.
1667687850570.png
1667687862763.png
1667688053650.png

...except the part where Toxtricity would end up not ever showing up in Ubers if that was to happen because why would you use a low tier poke for the generational gimmick, when you could... idk... actually use Uber pokemon and be allowed the flexibility to Teralyze whoever you feel you need instead of playing 5v6 if you don't Tera your dedicated Teralyzer? :tymp:
snip about opportunity cost of Terastallization
This is true, but it would be funny to see nonetheless, and I for one am certainly trying it out myself at some point.

YES! ORIGINAL DRAGON COPIUM! BECAUSE NOTHING CAN EVER STAY OPEN-ENDED! ALL INTRIGUE AND MYSTERY IN THE SETTING MUST BE SYSTEMICALLY OBLITERATED!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
As a general rule, Pokémon fans (myself included) really hate mystery and surprises.
  1. We constantly try to find some hidden meaning behind the various ghost stories of Pokémon when there usually isn't one.
  2. We loathe having to hatch hundreds of eggs to find the "perfect" Pokémon, despite continuing nonetheless what's up with that huh?
  3. We try to figure out the purpose of cryptic messages sent by insane (sometimes) individuals who are telling us inside info (maybe) from an unreleased game. And then we make an entire discussion area for us to talk about how much we want to know absolutely everything about said game.

This coin Pokemon will be interesting if it is Steel-Ghost. Aegislash is in my top 5 favorite mons, but an annoying thing about it is that you need to switch out or use King's Shield in order to not take increased damage in its offensive form. This Coin Pokemon will be a great alternative since it will likely not be as potent as Aegislash in either of its forms, but will have more flexibility in how its able to be used in battle, as it doesn't need to use King's Shield / deal with defense drops when attacking.
I'm not massively hyped for "Obolisk" at this stage, but I reckon it could be pretty good in competitive, depending on stats.
also lagging tail aegislash forever

I think standing mysteries are fun (to an extent, at least) but Original Dragon is a mystery where the mystery isnt...really...a mystery. As said prior everything about its backstory is already known, and the Black/White forms probably indicate some commonality to what it'd look like, and no one ever ponders what it looks like and they barely draw attention to it all things considered. So while I do think its in that bin of "things they probably wont ever show or go into greater detail on" (off the top of my head we'll probably never get an outright statement about Calyrex's implied run in with Eternatus, Looker's various stuff, what happened to the Celestica people, Cogita & Volo in general, etc), them actually showing it wouldn't really be ruining anything. We'd all go "Wow Cool Dragon, how neat to have that pay off" and "Wow, it's very strong" and "here is my 30 page thesis on why i think it looks like SHIT"

Also they'd probably introduce other Mysterious Implications that will go unanswered so its not like we'd come out of it with net zero

:Reshiram:
:Zekrom:
Hmm, both of them have long, flowing hair, useless wing-arms, and a fat tail. I think I have a theory what the original dragon looked like...
:drampa:

Does anyone remember when the version exclusives were released in previous gens? Pre-ordering without knowing those is a bit of a crapshoot, after all, but even with leaks we only know the Paradox mons, the Fire Knights, and the speculation about Ghost/Dark dogs being exclusives.

:Reshiram:
:Zekrom:
Hmm, both of them have long, flowing hair, useless wing-arms, and a fat tail. I think I have a theory what the original dragon looked like...
:drampa:

Does anyone remember when the version exclusives were released in previous gens? Pre-ordering without knowing those is a bit of a crapshoot, after all, but even with leaks we only know the Paradox mons, the Fire Knights, and the speculation about Ghost/Dark dogs being exclusives.
Eiscue and Stonjourner are version exclusives as are the regular Bagon and Tyranitar lines.

I wouldn't mind them doing the original dragon for the eventual remake/PLA game because they're gonna do something to keep up with the power creep, might as well be the OG dragon.

But I never want to see the original pieces of the galar fossils.

Anyways, coins on the site continue to fill up. We got about 12 hours till it's full. I tried to stock up on coins in pogo, but although golden pokestops were everywhere the coin drop rate was low. Had 3 stops in range and dinner and ended the night with a grand total of 6 coins. 100 is the max in pogo, so if that's how many we'll need to evolve it (when the chest form is actually released), it's gonna take a while...

I wouldn't mind them doing the original dragon for the eventual remake/PLA game because they're gonna do something to keep up with the power creep, might as well be the OG dragon.

But I never want to see the original pieces of the galar fossils.

Anyways, coins on the site continue to fill up. We got about 12 hours till it's full. I tried to stock up on coins in pogo, but although golden pokestops were everywhere the coin drop rate was low. Had 3 stops in range and dinner and ended the night with a grand total of 6 coins. 100 is the max in pogo, so if that's how many we'll need to evolve it (when the chest form is actually released), it's gonna take a while...
i'm pretty curious how many we'll need in the game proper because my first thought is that the counter corresponds to it, but boy that ...sure does imply 999 coins....

According to Khu/Kaka, "catching" the coin is worth 5 coins so depending on how common the pokemon is it might not be /that/ hard. But I guess that is still catching 200 of them.
What Khu said was +10 or +50, and even then it seemed like he didn't remember the exact amount.
As far as I know Kaka did not comment on its evolution method at any point.
Here's the tweet I'm sourcing again if you haven't seen it.
1667706080393.png

Meanwhile, Khu pointed out the chest's shadow as well with a hand emoji and apparently another phase of the first chest angle was found earlier where the top and bottom separate, which may happen next phase but I probably won't be up to see it.

What Khu said was +10 or +50, and even then it seemed like he didn't remember the exact amount.
As far as I know Kaka did not comment on its evolution method at any point.
Here's the tweet I'm sourcing again if you haven't seen it.
View attachment 462628
Meanwhile, Khu pointed out the chest's shadow as well with a hand emoji and apparently another phase of the first chest angle was found earlier where the top and bottom separate, which may happen next phase but I probably won't be up to see it.
You right, my mistake. Hopefully it's closer to +50 so you only have to catch 20.

I think standing mysteries are fun (to an extent, at least) but Original Dragon is a mystery where the mystery isnt...really...a mystery.
[...]
We'd all go "Wow Cool Dragon, how neat to have that pay off" and "Wow, it's very strong" and "here is my 30 page thesis on why i think it looks like SHIT"
That kinda sounds like something I'd do. :psysly:
It better be better than Yung Dramps' legendary USUM rant. Good luck with that, soldier.
i'm pretty curious how many we'll need in the game proper because my first thought is that the counter corresponds to it, but boy that ...sure does imply 999 coins....
Using Meltan as a reference, the number can be either:
  1. A few hundreds, e.g., 400 or 500 Coins; or
  2. A Goroawase pun.

Skimmed through the thread yesterday. The discussion, doomposting about the Ice/Dragon pseudo-legendary following a specialization pattern, thus having the biggest HP was amusing enough for me to roll with it just for fun. I will explain in details.

HP: 125
Attack: 98
Defense: 115
Special Attack: 110
Special Defense: 100
Speed: 52

125 is the bare minimum biggest stat for a pseudo so far when it comes to specialization in a stat, I didn't feel like going beyond that for HP.
98.5 is the avarage for the worse attacking stat for the pseudos. Though mainly Garchomp is the one that kills the avarage of at least 100 with 80. The past 4-5 pseudos had at least 100, Hydreigon has 105. I have decided I rather have the Ice/Dragon as a Special Attacker.
I gave it high Defense with 115, cause when it comes to Ice-types, "Close Combat fodder" is what comes to my mind. Take at least 1.
110 is the bare minimum better attacking stat for the pseudos.
Considering the weaknesses, the typing is more vulnerable on the physical side, thus the Special Defense is "only 100".
Speed... This is where I'm struggling. 60 is the slowest so far for a pseudo, but I don't want to take away from the other stats. Alternatively, reducing Attack and Special Defense could make it more speedy, but it's already a defensively built mon, so is there any need for it?

Abilities: Snow Warning for Hail team support + Aurora Veil or Ice Scales for eating up special hits for breakfast.
Hidden Ability: Multiscale. Some pseudos have the same ability, so there shouldn't be an issue that Dragonite already has this.
I though of some RNG bullshit as well, having an ability that has 10% of freezing the target if it makes a contact move, but not sure if it would worth it in the long run. Guts users already would have a way of completely preventing it.

Having said all of this, the best would be still a fast and hard hitter Ice/Dragon, playing off to Ice's offensive strengths.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)