SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Gazpacha can't be that Pokémon name, it's 100% a nickname. Gazpacho is a drink from Andalucía

https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gazpacho

I cannot imagine a Pokémon named Gazpacha x'DD Also the Pokémon itself has nothing to do with gazpacho. I suposse the guy just called his Smoliv that way since that mon seems to be smoliv evo.

Gazpacha can't be that Pokémon name, it's 100% a nickname. Gazpacho is a drink from Andalucía

https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gazpacho

I cannot imagine a Pokémon named Gazpacha x'DD Also the Pokémon itself has nothing to do with gazpacho. I suposse the guy just called his Smoliv that way since that mon seems to be smoliv evo.
Spanish name for Smoliv is still Smoliv, but it doesn't seem like it is related Gazpacho either. A quick Google Search turned up the source of the nickname: Gazpacha olives are particularly popular in the Mediterranean south of Spain, particularly in the olive growing regions of Andalusia.

Spanish name for Smoliv is still Smoliv, but it doesn't seem like it is related Gazpacho either. A quick Google Search turned up the source of the nickname: Gazpacha olives are particularly popular in the Mediterranean south of Spain, particularly in the olive growing regions of Andalusia.
Funny thing is i'm not only from andalucía but from the region in andalucía (and by extension in spain) with most olive trees, producing around the 20% of the olive oil produced worldwide. Most of the olive oil is produced in andalucía, and Jaén alone has almost the same amount of hectares in olive trees (around 850.000) than all the other provinces combined. Despite that, and my sourroundings being an infinite extension of olive trees no matter where you look at, i'd never heard of aceitunas gazpachas ;___; shame on me.

Let the record show I called it 3 months ago!
Other thoughts:

I didn't expect the Legends to be the ride pokes from the beginning. I still expect we'll have to discover the alternate movement modes over time(maybe the legend starts out injured/weak, which is why it travels with us and doesn't battle?), since locking the E4 behind the ability to climb waterfalls is a time-honored tradition.
Kidding, that was basically the only way they could give us the 680BST box legend without causing issues.

I like Fuecoco 2. Middle stages tend to be derpy by necessity but this one looks nice.

I'm still a little surprised they're bringing back Vivillion and all patterns. I know that they have to, but that definitely seemed like a mon they were going to avoid for as long as possible.

Dolliv? Really? Smoliv didn't bother me, but this does for some reason. Same with flAMIGO and Tarountula. The names are just a bit too on-the-nose.

Ahoy ahoy ahoy. I've been away from Orange Islands since the PLA release cycle, but I'm sensing the beans have finally been spilled for SV. Is that shaping up to be the case? I've not heard of this "President pokemon X" actor before, but his stuff has been all over the internet for the past 50 minutes or so.

always always ALWAYS bet on the designer at gamefreak who wants a plant gf
They're charming. Don't hate lol.

I remember hearing from somewhere, maybe a DYKG video, that depicting spiders in your game would raise the age rating and a way around this would have been to give Spider Pokemon less legs.
I feel certain wherever you heard it from had some wires crossed or is just wrong because there'es absolutely been 8 legged spiders in Cero A games. Animal Crossing immediately comes to mind

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)