SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
This is the best generation of mons I've seen (in my estimation) since BW if not RSE.

I can't settle on 6 even before accounting for the Paradox mons. Nor do I know which version to get.

Kingbambit/Revavroom/Gimmighoul 2/Lokix/Ceruledge/Dung Beetle 2/Amy Rose/Poison Flower/Neo Spacian are all nuts to me
While I've also been a big fan of the last 2 gens of Pokémon -- even if I wasn't a huge fan of the games they featured in -- I might agree with you! There are some WTF / bad designs this gen (mice I'm looking at you) but those are in every gen, and overall these are of truly high quality :psysly:

I'm very hype.

Also apparently no one mentioned this, but Bisharp's evolved form is named Kingambit.

So for English names, they are indeed continuing on the chess motif. Pawniard (Pawn)->Bisharp (Bishop)->Kingambit (King).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King's_Gambit Ah, not just a chess reference, but an actual tactic as well. Interested to see if the japanese name maintains the Shogi references too.

I was kinda hoping that the Paradoxes were going to be unique in some way instead of just being Titan battles, but oh well.

View attachment 463926
A glimpse of Koraidon's signature move, a bit of its ability, and a hammer minisprite. Looks like it might set sun itself as suspected but also boost Attack during sun.
realization.png

Gamefreak stop making fast and strong physical attackers with a 100BP 100 accuracy move that can double in power and an ability that grants them a +1 attack boost for just existing. Seriously.

I guess we wait for dudududududududunsparce
D-d-d-d-ddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddunsparce.
1668061091954.png

Sorry.

Duck supremacy wins yet again
Reject parakeet, support D U C K

It's literally just a Lego dude. You know, with the surfboard...?

Cool tumbleweed, I guess.
(it looks like dhelmise)
EDIT: I really got ninja'd twice huh

View attachment 463996
Gamefreak stop making fast and strong physical attackers with a 100BP 100 accuracy move that can double in power and an ability that grants them a +1 attack boost for just existing. Seriously.
It's comfortably more than double after factoring in Terrain particularly on Miraidon. The question relevant to us in standard is the nature of the Quark Drive/Protosynthesis buffs and how fast we're banning Terrain Extender again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)