SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

I'm going through a bit of the game with my friend and maybe we're just very dumb but how do you open that menu where you can check abilities and stuff?
That was the search option in the boxes.
Looks like you catch a 2nd box legend. Maybe the one you ride stays as a mount while you can use the 2nd one for combat.
You can use your box legend for combat as well by switching it to battle mode.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
And you're the last mon standing.
All of this could be obtained with a single Swords Dance after fishing for a free turn and without losing the rest of your team.
Lmao do you genuinely believe that the x2 boost to ur attack isn't worth your team dying? Esp since nobody ever said u have to run 5 Pikachu's and do nothing for the entire battle. Lmao can u imagine this on HO? After u faced down and somehow survived all of ur foes, no doubt have your team being chipped down to hell, only to have to deal with damage like this.

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Huge Power Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 216 Def Tapu Fini: 324-382 (94.1 - 111%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Huge Power Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 40 HP / 0 Def Melmetal: 643-758 (152.7 - 180%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Huge Power Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Keldeo: 347-408 (107.4 - 126.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Huge Power Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Conkeldurr: 331-390 (94.3 - 111.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Mind you, I have not edited any of Bisharp's stats, so this is regular Bisharp's Attack. Now look me in the eye and tell me that Shogun won't have a higher Attack stat than Bisharp, and you see why 20% or higher would be stupidity.

Going to dispel some of my earlier speculation:
Speaking of PP, if any of the streams / bad boys playing on emus find a PP Up, can someone post photo evidence of it here? PLA lacked them and PLA is weird, but I think there might be a non-zero chance they might be not be in SV. It's certainly a small chance, given it goes against 25 years of precedent, but it would be nice to dispel that possibility if at all possible.
PP Ups have been found.
Pure Speculation - None of this is confirmed - Don't spread rumors:
I'm actually really curious if Gigaton Hammer's treatment is unique to that lone move or if this might be a change to Hyper Beam style attacks in general. That style of attack's been regulated to boosting other attacks like max and Z-move for the last two generations. They're fine, I guess, but my inner elementary school child kind of wants the super cool omega attacks to be actually super good without other strings attached in competitive. A change like this might be a neat way to make some of the flashiest attacks in the game far more usable, though doing that in the game with triple stab might be uhhh a little risky to say the least.

My basis for this isn't very strong, honestly. 150-160 BST is pretty much if not exclusively where all the Hyper Beam style of attacks are sitting as is. Also, as mentioned, this is how the Pokemon TCG handles these sorts of attacks and would be a cool solution to the neglect these sorts of moves normally see.

If anyone can catch a use of Hyper Beam or a similar attack to see how it works, I'd be thrilled.

Mentally the pokemon tcg part of my brain turned on reading that attack too lol. It really is from an entirely different game. Now let's get garbotoxin as Garboder's ability!
Giga Impact was found and works as it previously did.

View attachment 464240
Now with alternate forms! i see you hisui
mostly, for some reason the Hero dolphin isnt here nor is 3-part dudunsparce

Only one Ash Hat Pikachu. Not all of them, but not zero of them. Also no Ash-Gren.

I have no clue what to make of this.
The way they have the image set up it can't show all the forms: you'll note it's only displaying Fire Arceus (I presume the first one internally) and so on

Honestly even if the meta will be interesting just based on returning mons, I think the nerfing to Stall through the recovery PP reduction actually concerns me a little. I straight up refused to play Gen 8 tiers before Dynamax got the boot.

I think Pokemon like Blissey and Toxapex will be good still, though much less reliable than they were before. IMO if they wanted to nerf say Toxapex for being too good defensively they should've pulled an Aegislash and bumped down its stats, not nerf Recover, but that's just me.

VGC to my knowledge was never stall-friendly to begin with so I think this nerf was done with singles formats instead like what's seen on Battle Spot/Stadium/whatever.

Lmao do you genuinely believe that the x2 boost to ur attack isn't worth your team dying? Esp since nobody ever said u have to run 5 Pikachu's and do nothing for the entire battle. Lmao can u imagine this on HO? After u faced down and somehow survived all of ur foes, no doubt have your team being chipped down to hell, only to have to deal with damage like this.

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Huge Power Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 216 Def Tapu Fini: 324-382 (94.1 - 111%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Huge Power Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 40 HP / 0 Def Melmetal: 643-758 (152.7 - 180%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Huge Power Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Keldeo: 347-408 (107.4 - 126.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Huge Power Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Conkeldurr: 331-390 (94.3 - 111.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Mind you, I have not edited any of Bisharp's stats, so this is regular Bisharp's Attack. Now look me in the eye and tell me that Shogun won't have a higher Attack stat than Bisharp, and you see why 20% or higher would be stupidity.
Where are you getting the Huge Power boost from? We don't have a confirmed percentage yet.

Also, do we have anything new on Gimmighoul's evolution besides the ability? Have people even got one in-game yet?
Yeah, the Gholdengo that was used in Centro's example has very little investment into everything except SpA, has an Impish nature, and is level 11 so this is hard, but I did some VERY RUDIMENTARY napkin math and a low-end estimate puts its statline at 78/50/90/120/85/75, assuming every single one of its stats has perfect IVs. That HP could be 75 since that stat has ever so slightly more investment into it than the others, but mons have had weird numbers for their BSTs before. I don't think that's super far off from what someone else in this thread guessed when I was originally typing this.

Now, that's obviously inconclusive as fuck based on how low-level this thing is so its stat ranges could be vastly different, but it doesn't look bad (ESPECIALLY considering it inherits Aegislash's phenomenal typing).

Yeah, the Gholdengo that was used in Centro's example has very little investment into everything except SpA, has an Impish nature, and is level 11 so this is hard, but I did some VERY RUDIMENTARY napkin math and a low-end estimate puts its statline at 78/50/90/120/85/75, assuming every single one of its stats has perfect IVs. That HP could be 75 since that stat has ever so slightly more investment into it than the others, but mons have had weird numbers for their BSTs before. I don't think that's super far off from what someone else in this thread guessed when I was originally typing this.

Now, that's obviously inconclusive as fuck based on how low-level this thing is so its stat ranges could be vastly different, but it doesn't look bad (ESPECIALLY considering it inherits Aegislash's phenomenal typing).
with an arguably even better ability than aegislash

Watching the streamer gameplay seems like the Paradox mons (obviously) vary in rarity. Seems like from pretty common to quite a bit rarer:

Screaming Tail/P-Jigglypuff (constant encounters)
Brute Bonnet/P-Amoongus
Great Tusk/P-Donphan
Slither Wing/P-Volcarona (encounter a few)
Flutter Mane/P-Misdreavus (he only encountered 2 of these + the mandatory encounter; is described during the plot as being notably strong in a group composed of Great Tusk and Brute Bonnet)
presumably Sandy Shocks/P-Magneton (did not encounter any of these at all)
Roaring Moon/P-Salamence

so in Violet this should correspond to:

Iron Bundle/P-Delibird
Iron Hands/P-Hariyama
Iron Treads/P-Donphan
Iron Moth/P-Volcarona
Iron Jugulis/P-Hydreigon
Iron Thorns/P-Tyranitar
Iron Valiant/P-Gallade

Last edited:
I'm personally excited to use Gholdengo. Ghost/Steel is an incredible typing, it has a pretty cool ability, apparently has a pretty good signature move, and likely has a really good BST considering its place in the dex (after the pseudo and most of the paradoxes barring Roaring Moon and Iron Valiant). The absurdly goofy appearance is also a plus for me, although I can see how some might not like it. Scovillain and Gholdengo are becoming fast favorites of mine from this gen.

I'm thinking Hail is dead.
View attachment 464101
We snow now.
1668120468832.png

Jet Punch is a move huh? So if Buzzwole doesn't get it in the future, it would be a huge missed opportunity. If you know, you know.
Oh, believe me, I know.
Now how many EVs would a 60HP Pikachu need to live the hit? :smogthink:

You have no idea how long I've been wanting this for.

Also, aside from Gholdengo, are there any confirmed new names for the 'mons? I skipped over most of the previous posts because there were SO MANY OF THEM

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)