SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

I'm dosing on some major copium here and compiled a list of Pokemon whose have abilities Mycelium Might would ignore in casting Spore. Do me a small favor and let me know if I missed anything. Grass Pokemon are excluded of course. And I suppose abilities like Sand Veil and Snow Veil should be technically included but I've ignored them.

Magic Bounce: Espeon
Overcoat: Cloyster, Forretresss, Enamorus, Revavroom
Sweet Veil: n/a
Insomnia: Hypno, Delibird, Banette, Honchkrow, Spidops, Scovillain
Vital Spirit: Delibird, Lycanroc-D, Annihilape
Sap Sipper: Azumarill, Goodra, H-Goodra, Wyrdeer, Farigiraf,
Wonder Skin: Venomoth, Bruxish
Purifying Salt: Garganacl
Good as Gold: Gholdengo

I'm guessing Comotose on Komala can't be ignored, both because it renders Komala already asleep and because it can't be negated under any other circumstances.

YES

YES

FINALLY GODDAMN IT YES

okay I wish it was Shore Up, and that Gamefreak gave Regirock Recovery too but still

this is actually a big deal because it's really quite tanky - yea sure it doesn't have Sand naturally, but that ability is honestly SUPER good (free Ghost resist is really nice, and a STRAIGHT UP immunity to ALL status? HRRRRRRGH)

Taking a brief look at the moves list, I'm pretty confused why Eternabeam was taken out? Eternatus is still in, and it even has its other signature move whose entire point is based on a mechanic that no longer exists. Eternabeam is also the only gen 8 move that no longer exists... just pretty weird

Taking a brief look at the moves list, I'm pretty confused why Eternabeam was taken out? Eternatus is still in, and it even has its other signature move whose entire point is based on a mechanic that no longer exists. Eternabeam is also the only gen 8 move that no longer exists... just pretty weird
As stated way earlier on apparently its because Eternabeam is so tied to Eternamax who apparently isn't in the game anymore.

IDK, I think recovery moves are gonna be kinda suck now. 8 PP just ain't enough to hold off threats in a prolonged battle and Pokemon like Corviknight, Blissey, etc. won't be as reliable as they were in the past at staving off threats since they have to use their recovery moves more conservatively, but there are a lot of situations where that just isn't an option. There is a reason why Moonlight Clefable is seen as significantly worse than Softboiled Clefable.

Of all the decisions Gamefreak has made, this is probably the one that hurts me the most.

While disappointed, I still think Tinkaton could be salvaged with a bulky sweeper set. Fairy- Steel- is still a good typing and gives it many setup opportunities. I think it could run a set of Boosting move / Gigaton Hammer / Protect / Coverage and get ok results. Protect will be great on Tinkaton since it'll bypass the Gigaton recharge turn and give it extra Leftovers recovery (which is probably the best it can ask for on a set like this since recovery moves are 5 PP now). It probably won't make waves in OU with Heatran around, but it'll do OK in the lower tiers I think.
Cool concept, mentally saving this message for when the game drops.

even with Hammer fairy's attack being low, i'm till gonna use her. Shes cute and has a massive hammer.
This. Also I managed to get my avatar changed, which is cool.

IDK, I think recovery moves are gonna be kinda suck now. 8 PP just ain't enough to hold off threats in a prolonged battle and Pokemon like Corviknight, Blissey, etc. won't be as reliable as they were in the past at staving off threats since they have to use their recovery moves more conservatively, but there are a lot of situations where that just isn't an option. There is a reason why Moonlight Clefable is seen as significantly worse than Softboiled Clefable.

Of all the decisions Gamefreak has made, this is probably the one that hurts me the most.
Agree that this nerf really does hurt, but Moonlight also being hit by Sand/Rain is a big issue.

The nerfs to recovery might shift the focus in favor of Pokemon that are defensive out of the gate with no recovery; things like heatran that really only can rely on leftovers, or defensive pivots like tangrowth.

Has the pp for strength sap been nerfed as well?

im a little confused now, was the stuff about regenerator nerfs true? I havent seen anyone confirm anything yet and leakers were just proven wrong on intimidate and contrary being nerfed, so whats the deal with regenerator?

im a little confused now, was the stuff about regenerator nerfs true? I havent seen anyone confirm anything yet and leakers were just proven wrong on intimidate and contrary being nerfed, so whats the deal with regenerator?
the regen nerfs were a bad case of misinformation getting out of hand, nothing was ever actually leaked about regen getting nerfed it was just a rumor that people took as fact despite there being literally zero evidence towards it being real

I know we haven't seen its dex entries but nothing about Baxcalibur makes me think it's some kind of clean freak. But I also have no idea who that move would go to, period.
I've heard the theory that it's actually the Maushold line that gets Tidy Up. ...Which makes quite a lot more sense.

If that's the case, then Population Bomb likely goes to Lokix because locust swarms.

Someone's still gotta get Chilly Reception, though. If it's an Ice-type, these are our only Gen 9 options:
  • Cetoddle line: Dunno how their lame jokes work.
  • Pseudo-legendary (Baxcalibur) line: I can actually see them getting Chilly Reception...but, if that happens, that's the lamest Snowdrake from Undertale reference I've ever seen.
  • Iron Bundle (Future!Delibird): That mon might be sentient enough for lame jokes, but concentrating on jokes that leave the audience this cold seems to distract it away from actually using its ability, Quark Drive.

I'm a move guy. I like moves. The leak of Triple Axel and its ilk excited me like nothing else. That's why the "everything except for movepool" phase of the datamine cycle is agony for a guy like me. We have all the pieces of the puzzle, but we still have only the foggiest idea what the final picture will look like. These are the questions that will haunt me until we find answers:
  • What does Wo-Chien the snail even do?
    • Does it have Leech Seed? Strength Sap?
    • Is it going to be physical Power Whip or special Giga Drain? Or something else entirely?
    • And what the deuce does a snail learn on the Dark side of things? Beyond "Ruination."
  • Who gets the returning PLA moves?
    • I already posted that Quaquaval learns Wave Crash, but surely there must be someone else... right?
    • Victory Dance is a highly coveted supermove. Who won the lottery?
    • Headlong Rush is too cool a move to leave on a bear that needs transferred. Could the deer or ParaDonphan learn it?
  • Is my PLA pal Enamorus finally getting her Contrary Superpower and Flying STAB?... Confirmation would be great.
  • What's the deal with Clodsire? It's a physical Poison-type that doesn't look like it can jab.
    • If Gunk Shot is on the table, cool. If not, then what?
    • Is Mortal Spin in fact Clodsire's move?
  • Eyebeams are cool, and I'm surprised it took eight generations for them to appear officially. So who learns "Twin Beams"?
  • Body Press is also cool. Who are Gen 9's best abusers?
    • Please let Medicham learn it. Throwing Pure Power STAB from its higher Def stat would be too entertaining.
  • Do any returning Pokémon receive meaningful move expansions?
    • Pounce and Chilling Water sound generic enough that they should have plenty of learners. Who are they?
    • Are there any new moves that are actually good which have enough distribution to be considered a meaningful addition to the core gameplay of the series? I'm serious. Moves like Body Press and Throat Chop only seem to occur once in a blue moon, and I'm not seeing any potential equivalent in the current list except for Ice Spinner.
As stated way earlier on apparently its because Eternabeam is so tied to Eternamax who apparently isn't in the game anymore.
Consider also that Eternabeam has got to be the most obnoxious move in the whole series to animate, plus it must be a Sisyphean task to make it look presentable in a game with freecam controls. Eternabeam is one of those moves that was never worth the effort to begin with. If GameFreak is to be believed, one of your favorites was Dexited so we could give Eternatus a second signature move vastly inferior to the first.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)