SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Here are some additional moves that I don't know the usage of: https://pastebin.com/VkW9XNZ2
This was a very shitty parse, so it's in the format:
Code:
<Personal Table Index> (<Monster No.>):
    <Move No.>
These may be the move tutors. If anyone figures it out, do message me on here so I can update my paste for them later.
So that's where Chilly Reception went!
Learners:
  • Slowking
  • Slowking-Galar
...OK...didn't know they were such jokers.

Apologies for repeating stuff others have said - this post took a long time to make.

Meowscarada gets Spikes and Toxic Spikes. THE RETURN OF GRENINJA

Quaquaval has access to Rapid Spin and Roost, two things Gyarados doesn't get!

Speaking of Rapid Spin, Cyclizar seems like a pretty nifty support Spinner, with Knock Off, Shed Tail, U-turn, and Shift Gear as things to do on off days.

Mabosstiff gets actual coverage moves like Play Rough, Double-Edge, and Wild Charge. I guess this guy might break Stakeout in OU or UU for once?

Gholdengo gets all it needs to be a Nasty Plot tank sweeper - Shadow Ball, Make It Rain (and Flash Cannon just in case), Focus Blast, Thunderbolt, Recover, Nasty Plot (of course), Substitute, Dazzling Gleam, Psyshock, Thunder Wave...and Trick for the nutter running a Choice Scarf set in a Dragapult meta. IMO, this guy is UU at worst and might actually stay in OU with those vaguely Heatran stats and recovery Heatran would kill to have.

The Paradox mons seem quite serviceable, but man does Iron Valiant look like a scary mixed sweeper. Close Combat, Knock Off, Spirit Break, Moonblast, Focus Blast, Aura Sphere, Thunderbolt, Trick, Taunt, Encore, Swords Dance, Psyshock, Agility...

Last edited:
So hyped for Skeledirge rn. I was scared it wouldn't get any recovery.
YEP CROC.

Though to be fair, I still am not sure Skeledirge will make a impact in the top tiers. Yes it has recovery, and yes Knock Off and Scald are gone mostly (for now), but it's still weak to common OU staples including Garchomp and Lando-T, will be food for Greninja/Meowsharade, and recovery also got nerfed on top of it.
It's also a typing that's unlikely to be seen in VGC doubles for same reason, weak to two of the most common moves in doubles (Rock Slide and EQ).

One could argue that you can fix its typing with Terastal, and while true, that means committing your terastal to it over an offensive threat.

I don't really see it making a splash in the higher tiers, outside maybe as role compression in some cases.

Lower tiers however, that may be a menace.

Hello, is there any way to tell if Rotom-Fan special move has changed? random I know but the dumps don't show rotom's moves that change per its form. Wondering if they thought to give it hurricane instead of air slash finally.

YEP CROC.

Though to be fair, I still am not sure Skeledirge will make a impact in the top tiers. Yes it has recovery, and yes Knock Off and Scald are gone mostly (for now), but it's still weak to common OU staples including Garchomp and Lando-T, will be food for Greninja/Meowsharade, and recovery also got nerfed on top of it.
It's also a typing that's unlikely to be seen in VGC doubles for same reason, weak to two of the most common moves in doubles (Rock Slide and EQ).

One could argue that you can fix its typing with Terastal, and while true, that means committing your terastal to it over an offensive threat.

I don't really see it making a splash in the higher tiers, outside maybe as role compression in some cases.

It's fine. I just wanted him to be able to heal himself lmao

Fragmented

procrastinating...
is a Pokemon Researcher
Here are some additional moves that I don't know the usage of: https://pastebin.com/VkW9XNZ2
Code:
    <Move No.>
These may be the move tutors. If anyone figures it out, do message me on here so I can update my paste for them later.
Just going by whatever I figured out/manage to understand

Slowking: Future Sight, Chilly Reception
Slowking-Galar: Toxic, Future Sight, Chilly Reception
Zangoose: Double Kick, Disable, Counter, Fury Swipes, Curse, Flail, Belly Drum, Feint, Night Slash, Double Hit, Quick Guard, Final Gambit
(possible missing list of egg moves for Zangoose)

Meowscarada: Double Team, Trick
Skeledirge: Sing
Quaquaval: Counter
Rabsca: Safeguard, Psych Up
Brute Bonnet: Sunny Day
Sandy Shocks: Sunny Day
Screaming Tail: Sunny Day
Flutter Mane: Sunny Day
Slither Wing: Sunny Day
Roaring Moon: Sunny Day, Jaw Lock, Breaking Swipe, Scale Shot
Iron Moth: Electric Terrain
Iron Hands: Electric Terrain
Iron Thorns: Electric Terrain
Iron Bundle: Electric Terrain
Iron Valiant: Electric Terrain
Ceruledge: Night Slash, Shadow Sneak, Quick Guard, Solar Blade

So apparently Ceruledge gets Shadow Sneak now to make up for bad speed

edit: don't think these moves are scrapped from learnsets, might just be errors from the file or wtv

Last edited:
Code:
    <Move No.>
zangoose my bro
449 (Zangoose):
Double Kick
Disable
Counter
Fury Swipes
Curse
Flail
Belly Drum
Feint
Night Slash
Double Hit
Quick Guard
Final Gambit

you doing okay? got a whole extra moveset here

chimp

Go Bananas
is an official Team Rateris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
YEP CROC.

Where are we seeing recovery on the croc? Unless Im blind, Im not seeing it on the pastebin.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)