SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Salazzle cant poison steels with her sludge moves as they're immune to poison type moves. Mortal spin better be rock or else no, thats not going to happen outside of ring target shenanigans
I think the assumption was that mortal spin is a status move so it would go through on steel types

Damn i didn't saw Palafin's Hero stats, reaching 650 and being only 20 points behind Koraidon/Miraidon really looks strong, but you have to switch him out constantly to get Hero form, right?

Judging by the description, I don't think you can switch out. It says foe deals damage damage and can't miss the user next turn, which suggests that you have to stay in the turn after you use this attack.
Nothing in the description suggests that you can't switch. It just means that the user takes double damage and is guaranteed to get hit by the next attack, like a reverse Lock-On effect.

So apparently Fitizan evolves in co-op only. You need someone watching it KO a mon and then level up to 38+.
Everything about that mon is so silly.

Damn i didn't saw Palafin's Hero stats, reaching 650 and being only 20 points behind Koraidon/Miraidon really looks strong, but you have to switch him out constantly to get Hero form, right?
I think you only need to do it once, and it stays in that form for the rest of the battle.

Judging by the description, I don't think you can switch out. It says foe deals damage damage and can't miss the user next turn, which suggests that you have to stay in the turn after you use this attack. This move is horrible unless you're guaranteed to KO the mon in front of you after 2 turns, or you're attacking a very passive wall.
No, it just makes the next move used stronger, it doesn't lock you in. Also, it did look like it applies the same turn if the opponent is slower.

Water Compact appears to be unchanged, boosting defense by 2 stages.

Oh, I also updated my last post with PP values.

This is straight from Bulbapedia's description of Corrosion:

Mortal Spin's description says it poisons the opposing Pokemon on hit, which should indicate it is a 100% chance to poison. Salazzle's sludge moves don't poison Steel types because they're not 100% chance, I'm guessing?
Oh god let be debunk this awful phrasing.

Corrosions removes immunity to poison status. Not poison type

So damaging poison type moves won't poison steels because they afflict no damage, and secondary effect does not activate when there's no damage

But status moves (as in category, not burn/sleep etc status) are not affected by type immunties (eg you can hit Darks with Hypnosis). So steel types are only unaffected by Toxic due to status immunity, which Corrosion removes

So it's not secondary effect chance that determines whether steel type will be poisoned, it's whether the poison move in question is damaging or status

I'm rather disappointed to see no one answered this question in 20 or so pages.

Where is this patch information coming from?

It just started appearing in the thread yesterday with no explanation of how we can know these changes are coming.
The changes already happened. The patch released already. Day one patches often release way before the game does we just don't usually know that because most communities don't have hundreds of people trying to data mine a game before release.

SirinC&Kokomi

Pls watch Legend of Shenli
is a Tiering Contributor
I'm not too sure about that- 罄 actually means "ran out"/"use up", nothing to do with the tablets at all, it's just part of the proverb to make it be coherent ._. Furthermore I mentioned already "chien" is the romanized version of the pinyin "jian", not "qing".
I guess you’re right,I might just mistakenly linking with other things and ignored other things...:worrywhirl:

The thing I'm confused about still is why maushold and dudunsparce have two different forms each that look different but virtually (at least in the datamine) appear to have no other differences outside of the appearance.

Like yeah I want both forms of the mouse family but is there any benefit to one over the other or is it all cosmetic and if so why did they bother doing that.

The thing I'm confused about still is why maushold and dudunsparce have two different forms each that look different but virtually (at least in the datamine) appear to have no other differences outside of the appearance.

Like yeah I want both forms of the mouse family but is there any benefit to one over the other or is it all cosmetic and if so why did they bother doing that.
Have you heard of shinies?

Laughs in Spinda

Really looking into using Baxcalibur, Thermal Exchange looks nice to get rid of Will-O-Wisp and can bait Fire moves to boost itself, type pairing is nice but he looks kinda squishy to Physical Damage?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)