SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Dataminers have revealed two new ribbons in SV.

One is the usual league champion ribbon--no surprise there. There's no battle facility ribbon (mainly because there's no battle facility, period), and the ribbon for winning at PVP ranked ladder is either the same one as in Sw/Sh, or they're ending that practice entirely after just one set of game.

Instead, the other new ribbon is really wacky: Whenever you send a Pokemon out on Surprise Trade, it has a low chance (but they don't say how low, possibly 1% or 1/256) of suddenly gaining the new "Once-in-a-Lifetime Ribbon" en route to the recipient. Needless to say, people who already have a Pokemon with a lot of ribbons aren't simply going to send it out on Surprise Trade to a complete stranger with no chance of getting it back even if that low chance does pay out on that particular trade, and in practice the effect is likely to be that whenever you see this ribbon, you'll probably treat it like those blatant shiny Pokemon with .TV trainer names: an obvious hack, just throw it away and move on.

Last edited:
Alright two comments:

1. They really gave the Water/Psychic fish a basically omni boost move. Interesting. It boosts Attack, SpAttack and Speed which is weird that it has an HP Draining effect when it doesn't seem much better than Victory/Quiver Dance and the mon is so weak.

2. Dondozo is my boy, but my god is it tragic. The lack of recovery is sad, and it's signature move (which it doesn't even get STAB on) only boosts in Doubles when the sushi thing is in its mouth. Very sad.

Alright two comments:

1. They really gave the Water/Psychic fish a basically omni boost move. Interesting. It boosts Attack, SpAttack and Speed which is weird that it has an HP Draining effect when it doesn't seem much better than Victory/Quiver Dance and the mon is so weak.
That move is actually more like Shell Smash, it Sharply boosts those stats, not like Clangorous Soul which gives everything a +1

As for why it drains HP it might just be flavor reasons, considering the move's name is Fillet Away, and the mon is a fish that pelts its foes with weaponized chunks of its own body.

Alright two comments:

2. Dondozo is my boy, but my god is it tragic. The lack of recovery is sad, and it's signature move (which it doesn't even get STAB on) only boosts in Doubles when the sushi thing is in its mouth. Very sad.
Thats what you get stupid fish. I should have been the only new Unaware user.
FhOTnGIUcAA-8nY.jpeg

Bleakwind Storm 95>100 (PP 5>10)
Wildbolt Storm 95>100 (PP 5>10)
Sandsear Storm 95>100 (PP 5>10)
Springtide Storm 95>100
Oh, come on. They finally made a Fairy attack that could compete with Moonblast—a signature move but an attack all the same—and then they made the conscious decision to shaft its PP whereas all of its counterparts were adjusted to a reasonable 10 uses. I am actually sour about this. We're past the 9-year anniversary of Pokémon X and Y, and there are still only two Fairy-types with physical STAB beyond Play Rough and zero reasons for special attackers not to run Moonblast wherever it's on the table. How did they go and introduce a new type as imaginative as Fairy, take careful pains to establish its nature in the world of Pokémon, and then royally half-ass its move department for the next decade???

This isn't even about Enamorus my beloved. It's about GameFreak screwing the pooch at every opportunity to make Fairy-types more diverse than the gaggle of Moonblast bots, 90%-accuracy physical shmucks, and barren miscellany pining for either move that it currently is. Un-be-lievable.

- 100bp water move that has 50% chance of dropping defense
- 90bp dark move that lays down one layer of spikes
- if manages to get Sacred Sword, would get a 120bp fighting move with no drawbacks. Also Oshawott can get Knock Off with egg moves.
- 85 speed, 108 attack, decent physical bulk
- also gets Smart Strike (not boosted)

Is Samurott finally useable in OU?

- 100bp water move that has 50% chance of dropping defense
- 90bp dark move that lays down one layer of spikes
- if manages to get Sacred Sword, would get a 120bp fighting move with no drawbacks. Also Oshawott can get Knock Off with egg moves.
- 85 speed, 108 attack, decent physical bulk
- also gets Smart Strike (not boosted)

Is Samurott finally useable in OU?
*lists the ludicrous amount of electric types as well as electric terrain and sun potentially being a meta staple condition*

So about that...

Wind moves:
Code:
Gust
Whirlwind
Blizzard
Icy Wind
Sandstorm
Twister
Heat Wave
Air Cutter
Tailwind
Hurricane
Petal Blizzard
Fairy Wind
Springtide Storm
Bleakwind Storm
Windbolt Storm
Sandsear Storm
Giving Brambleghast key immunities to Blizzard, Icy Wind, Heat Wave, Hurricane, and genie moves, as well as some interesting synergies with Tailwind and Petal Blizzard.

Kilowattrel also gets to fire off boosted electric moves under Tailwind, although it likely prefers using Competitive in doubles.

Does Tailwind proc Wind Rider/Wind Power once, or is it every turn?

Giving Brambleghast key immunities to Blizzard, Icy Wind, Heat Wave, Hurricane, and genie moves, as well as some interesting synergies with Tailwind and Petal Blizzard.

Kilowattrel also gets to fire off boosted electric moves under Tailwind, although it likely prefers using Competitive in doubles.

Does Tailwind proc Wind Rider/Wind Power once, or is it every turn?
Wind Power text suggests it procs once for every time a wind move is used (likely not for every turn Tailwind is active), and only for the next Electric move it uses. What I'm most curious about is if Kilowattrel can self-proc with its own Tailwind- it might be a decent VGC lead in that case.

That move is actually more like Shell Smash, it Sharply boosts those stats, not like Clangorous Soul which gives everything a +1

As for why it drains HP it might just be flavor reasons, considering the move's name is Fillet Away, and the mon is a fish that pelts its foes with weaponized chunks of its own body.
Ah I did not realize it was sharply boosted. That explains the HP drop. This fish may be decent after all

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)