SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

So we can evolve Annihilate but not Wyrdeer or Overquil....
Overqwil is still the funniest of that quartet for me
Like the other 3 i am giving the roll eye and the slowest wanking motion but whatever, gamefreak wants those to be hisui exclusive. Stantler cant even learn Psyshield Bash without a PA Stantler or Wyrdeer anyway.

overqwil evolves from an entirely different qwilfish!

Please tell me we can transfer the egg moves from a Unova Samurott to a Hisui Samurott (mainly knock off and sacred sword)...
GF wouldn't give Oshawott Knock Off but prevent dark type Samurott from accessing it, right?

Wouldn't the term regional rodent clear things up?
Nope, because that's its own thing - that's your Rattata, Sentret, Zigzagoon, Bidoof, etc. That being said it doesn't look like we have one this generation outside of Lechonk, which I thought would be the Wooloo / Lillipup of the region? Lechonk isn't a rodent though, so... tradition broken, much like the Pikaclones one. Guess it'd be "regional early game Normal type" but that's a bit bland.

Normally we get a regional bird, regional rodent, regional bug, Pikaclone and pseudo legendary but this generation we have no rodent and our Pikaclone evolves for the first time since the Pikachu line itself. Still have a regional bird (first two-stage line since Swellow back in Gen 3), bug (first two-stage line since Kricketune in Gen 4) and a pseudo legendary though.

Aint no way that ghost move can do 300bp. Not trusting that until I see better proof than some rando on discord.
It wont augment the attack by 50 for each fainted member. It's impossible since with just 1 fainted mon it suddenly becomes a 100 100 ghost move, and after just 2 fainted members, a 150 bp boosted by adaptability, so it's already broken. There's no way they make something like that, even game freak. It's so obviously broken. Maybe it sums 15 or 20 or something like that for each fainted mon, which is pretty solid.

Does Basculegion's Adaptability work on Last Respects, even with its power increased from fainted teammates?
Last Respects receives stab and stab becomes adaptabily boosted instead if the mon has the ability. So i'd say yes. But it won't be 50 stronger for each mon fainted thats for sure.

Please tell me we can transfer the egg moves from a Unova Samurott to a Hisui Samurott (mainly knock off and sacred sword)...
GF wouldn't give Oshawott Knock Off but prevent dark type Samurott from accessing it, right?
As of now we haven't find any way to do the "egg move transfer" thing in first place.

If it's still in the games, noone found how to.

1668278604936.png

Of the HOME list of TM/TR/Tutors, where the mon is in SV, the move is in SV AND the move is a TM in SV, these are the only ones not accounted for in the SV lists. The first two are curious, because it's a consistent Hoppip egg move right up until this gen, and the other ones all track as likely mistakes in the old list.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
So we can evolve Annihilate but not Wyrdeer or Overquil....
I'd like to once again state that this is most likely temporary

I'm sure that they will eventually be obtainable. I believe the matter is just that GameFreak wants the full Hisui roster to come together - ALL of them together. Which is only possible with Transfers due to the way regional variants work. I feel the current tags are there as a temporary way to let Ursaring/Stantler use Eviolite and will simply be updated once HOME compatibility drops. I am very, very confident that once Transfers are available, they'll make it so Peat Block and Black Augurite are obtainable in game., as well as make it so Stantler can learn Psyshield Bash from breeding with Wyrdeer and evolve from learning that.

I'm sure that they will eventually be obtainable. I believe the matter is just that GameFreak wants the full Hisui roster to come together - ALL of them together. Which is only possible with Transfers due to the way regional variants work. I feel the current tags are there as a temporary way to let Ursaring/Stantler use Eviolite and will simply be updated once HOME compatibility drops. I am very, very confident that once Transfers are available, they'll make it so Peat Block and Black Augurite are obtainable in game., as well as make it so Stantler can learn Psyshield Bash from breeding with Wyrdeer and evolve from learning that.
I think the thing most promising about Stantler having Psyshield as an egg move is it makes it WAY more likely that we're not getting moveset resets, which has been a distinct worrying possibility ever since they did it in PLA/BDSP.

Fuuuuuuuuuu... These things are either gonna be very high risk, high reward in doubles :psynervous:
Sorta. I mean, you can for example freely use the -atk or -spatk ones if your partner pokemon uses the other stat.
You can also freely use the defensive ones if you're using a HO team anyway, it's not like your weavile or pheromosa are going to care for a -def, they already die to a sneeze as is.

Ofc, it gives interesting teambuilding challenge.

Personally, I'm just a bit sad that it isnt' an actual stat drop, because
1) removes potential sinergies & counter in the form of defiant/contrary/competitive/etc
2) it will also make it a choure to figure what the numbers actually are

But Qwilfish would avoid this entirely. It's effectively in the same boat as all the other Hisuian forms with working evolutions! You can just set it to a move based evolution that uses the move 20 times and leave the other 3 in the dust.

I think the thing most promising about Stantler having Psyshield as an egg move is it makes it WAY more likely that we're not getting moveset resets, which has been a distinct worrying possibility ever since they did it in PLA/BDSP.
Wyrdeer learns Psyshield Bash in its SV learnset so even if moves reset upon transfer there will still be a way to pass it.

Alright so after a bit of damage calcs I have determined that the damage boost protosynthesis gives is actually 1.5 times/+1 and not double like how chlorophyll doubles speed. I was watching someone's stream who had a level 57 roaring moon and night slash did around 62 to 73% to a level 56 golduck even after its ability was activated. If it was double it would have done around 82-98% instead. They didn't have any attack ev's btw since they had literally just caught it and the nature was neutral

If you guys know what stream I'm talking about the timestamp where this happens is 11:58:00. I'm not going to link the stream here due to potential story spoilers

Edit: In case you want more calcs,A level 57 roaring moon did 64-77% to a level 65 slowbro after stealth rocks even after its ability was activated. If it was double, night slash would have straight up ohkoed after stealth rock damage

Last edited:
Activates when it enters the fight
View attachment 464750
I thought the four abilities were for reducing the four stats not affected by intimidate. Interesting.

These abilities being auras, if that's true, makes them functionally uber-tier stats wise (at least, comparable to the older ones that don't have relevant abilities), with pretty well optimised stat lines.

If they're all auras, I wonder if Clear Body etc will work on them? These invisible stat buffs and debuffs seem to be a whole new class of effects, and it seems weird to introduce an item like that at the same time you're introducing a bunch of Pokemon that ignore it.

Alright so after a bit of damage calcs I have determined that the damage boost protosynthesis gives is actually 1.5 times/+1 and not double like how chlorophyll doubles speed. I was watching someone's stream who had a roaring moon and night slash did around 60 to 70% to a golduck even after its ability was activated. If it was double it would have done around 82-98% instead. They didn't have any attack ev's btw since they had literally just caught it and the nature was neutral

If you guys know what stream I'm talking about the timestamp where this happens is 11:58:00. I'm not going to link the stream here due to potential story spoilers
So, no ability and no item as a tradeoff for having half a dragon dance boost for 1 turn until you switch out.

Not worth it. xd Unless you play with weather.

Sorta. I mean, you can for example freely use the -atk or -spatk ones if your partner pokemon uses the other stat.
You can also freely use the defensive ones if you're using a HO team anyway, it's not like your weavile or pheromosa are going to care for a -def, they already die to a sneeze as is.
Imagine the Fish next to something like a Sylveon or Shadow CalyRider...

Nope, because that's its own thing - that's your Rattata, Sentret, Zigzagoon, Bidoof, etc. That being said it doesn't look like we have one this generation outside of Lechonk, which I thought would be the Wooloo / Lillipup of the region? Lechonk isn't a rodent though, so... tradition broken, much like the Pikaclones one. Guess it'd be "regional early game Normal type" but that's a bit bland.

Normally we get a regional bird, regional rodent, regional bug, Pikaclone and pseudo legendary but this generation we have no rodent and our Pikaclone evolves for the first time since the Pikachu line itself. Still have a regional bird (first two-stage line since Swellow back in Gen 3), bug (first two-stage line since Kricketune in Gen 4) and a pseudo legendary though.
How about regional ELECTRIC rodent?
That'd stop the whole "Maril and Mimikyu are the Pikachus' of Johto/Alola." thing that some people believe for some reason.

Alright so after a bit of damage calcs I have determined that the damage boost protosynthesis gives is actually 1.5 times/+1 and not double like how chlorophyll doubles speed. I was watching someone's stream who had a level 57 roaring moon and night slash did around 62 to 73% to a level 56 golduck even after its ability was activated. If it was double it would have done around 82-98% instead. They didn't have any attack ev's btw since they had literally just caught it and the nature was neutral

Sadly we need a lot more calcs than this for it to be accurate, but that promising at least

Alright so after a bit of damage calcs I have determined that the damage boost protosynthesis gives is actually 1.5 times/+1 and not double like how chlorophyll doubles speed. I was watching someone's stream who had a level 57 roaring moon and night slash did around 60 to 70% to a level 56 golduck even after its ability was activated. If it was double it would have done around 82-98% instead. They didn't have any attack ev's btw since they had literally just caught it and the nature was neutral

Expected, but still good. Even if you use the item, you're still getting a +1 boost. That's as powerful as a CB without the lock.

At least they don't need the Dons as it was initially expected.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)