SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

I was thinking about a joke involving salted pork for why Lechonk is on there and that makes sense. (Man they hype up Lechonk as being the Wooloo of Gen 9 and then they make all these implications that people commonly eat them. Poor thing)

Bonsly as well considering tears are quite salty.

I have a couple sets that could potentially be good in VGC and Singles.

Koraidon @ Assault Vest
Impish Nature
Ability: Orichalcum Pulse
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 SpD
- Collision Course
- Drain Punch
- Breaking Swipe
- Fire Fang / Iron Head / Snarl

This Koraidon set would be for VGC.

No exact reasoning for the Def and SpDef EV values, just to invest in them slightly evenly. Collision Course, is insane. 100 BP, 100% Accuracy, and bonus damage if the move is super effective when used. When you combine that with base 135 Atk, and a +1 Atk from your ability, it can even put a dent in Pokémon that resist it. Fire Fang is (I believe) the strongest physical fire move that it gets without recoil, but it still can hit quite hard considering Koraidon sets up his own sun, and gets +1 because of his own sun. Drain Punch is a good recovery option, and Breaking Swipe / Snarl are mainly for disrupting, and Iron Head is good coverage against fairies and ice types.

Chien-Pao @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Jolly Nature
Ability: Swords of Ruin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
- Icicle Crash
- Sucker Punch / Crunch
- Sacred Sword
- Swords Dance

This Chien-Pao set would be for 6v6 singles

This Pokémon is insane, even after the nerf. I wouldn’t be surprised if it gets quick banned to Ubers. I can’t even begin to think what was going through their mind when they made this Pokémon. Chien-Pao threatens late game sweeps simply by existing. It can come in via slow pivot moves, or after a teammate dies, and force out switches because everything will be -1 Defense. If the situation allows for it, you can then instead use Swords Dance, predicting a switch.

If the ability is actually an aura, and not a stat debuff, you’re effectively at +2 Atk with your opponent being -1 Def after a swords dance. Icicle Crash is standard, and you can run Crunch for more STAB coverage. Alternatively, you can run Sucker Punch to be less threatened by Choice Scarf users, or faster Pokémon. Sacred Sword will probably be the most popular non-STAB, coverage move, but there are some other notable options, such as Psychic Fangs, or even Aerial Ace. One possibility is that Ice Spinner might be an option over Icicle Crash, but I am not aware of the accuracy or BP of the move.

Miraidon @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
Ability: Hadron Engine
- Electro Drift
- Volt Switch
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon / Overheat

This would be for 6v6 singles.

The Zacian nerf seems really weird because these Pokémon exist. It seems like they listened to complaints on how broken Zacian is, nerfed it, then completely threw logic out th window and then made Koraidon and Miraidon.

Without a doubt, Miraidon benefits more from the terrain it sets up compared to Koraidon with its sun. You get 100/100/115 bulk, 135 Sp.Atk, and 135 Speed. If that wasn’t already insane, you get Electric Terrain, making one of your STABs even stronger, and +1 Sp.Atk. Koraidon is still broken, but at least sun doesn’t boost one of their STAB options.

Electro Drift and Draco Meteor are basically instant nukes. Volt Switch makes it hard to get a good hit in on Miraidon, while still hitting insanely hard in the process. Flash Cannon is probably the best coverage option, considering you can hit fairies and ice types for super effective damage. Alternatively, you can use Overheat paired with a sun setter, such as Koraidon (oh my god).

I apologize if the post is not worded properly. I don’t usually make these types of posts, or at all really. I just wanted to state the obvious and describe how truly strong these new Pokémon are.

One thing I’ll say: I’m a bit disappointed in Glimlet’s signature move. I thought since it’s a fake flower that is based (apparently) on a pesticide that it’d have a poison move that’s super effective on bug types. Oh well.
This is the strangest take. Hazard removal is supremely handy in a bulky mon, not to mention Corrosion.

Also… it’s a rock type. It already has a SE STAB if you want to hit bug types.

Also, bug is not a good defensive typing anyway. It’s not like defensive bugs are abundant like defensive water types so Freeze Dry needed to exist.

This is the strangest take. Hazard removal is supremely handy in a bulky mon, not to mention Corrosion.

Also… it’s a rock type. It already has a SE STAB if you want to hit bug types.

Also, bug is not a good defensive typing anyway. It’s not like defensive bugs are abundant like defensive water types so Freeze Dry needed to exist.
I just thought it’d be cool themeing mate

What do y'all think of this set as almost a better ditto that also works as a tradtional wall breaker due to Lumina crash being stupid
Espathra @ Choice Scarf
Jolly or Modest (I never know which nature to put on my scarfers lol) max/max
Opportunist

-Lumina Crash
-Dazzling Gleam
-U-turn
-Foul Play

What do y'all think of this set as almost a better ditto that also works as a tradtional wall breaker due to Lumina crash being stupid
Espathra @ Choice Scarf
Opportunist

-Lumina Crash
-Dazzling Gleam
-U-turn
-Foul Play
This is a cool set, though I honestly feel like sub + calm mind is probably the way to go on this mon.

Espathra @ Choice Scarf
Opportunist

-Lumina Crash
-Dazzling Gleam
-U-turn
-Foul Play
Considering you have to be on the field to copy the stats idt this is good. Speed boost calm mind stored power is 100% better use of this Mon

Considering you have to be on the field to copy the stats idt this is good. Speed boost calm mind stored power is 100% better use of this Mon
from my understanding it doenst work like that it works more like imposter where you just come onto the field and copy their boosts. I dont think anyone has officially tested it, but the wording makes it sound like this to me.

The dump of items is currently missing Assault Vest, which was found in-game earlier.
I assume your referring to my item list, in which case its only for new items.
Also, I don't believe there is a list anywhere in the data for what items are available? Maybe you could go off of what items have sprites or not...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)