SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

I hope we go to some of these other unknown regions one day and find the pokemon just chilling there
Quaxly in a region just out and about
Find the region Yungoos was imported from
Wherever the hell Zacian & Zamazenta came from
That distant land way, way, way over the mountains no you cant see them just trust me where Kubfu came from

PokeChina also having the tale of some Paldean King loser who was such a terrible person he brought the four calamities into being and everyone over there just going "lol, lmao"

There's pages from the Scarlet/Violet book posted earlier in this thread that literally say in plain text that imagination caused the creation of the Paradoxes

Some are based on works of fiction, like Jugulius, others sound like they're just spurred on by general thoughts of what might be down there and so on.

If this is actually true then thats a pretty good buff for the ones who can evolve due to access to egg moves
View attachment 464847
Not really anything new here (though I did forget we have only Hisuian Braviary and it evolved from normal Rufflet, in my post earlier), we've known this since slp32's pastebins

There's pages from the Scarlet/Violet book posted earlier in this thread that literally say in plain text that imagination caused the creation of the Paradoxes

Some are based on works of fiction, like Jugulius, others sound like they're just spurred on by general thoughts of what might be down there and so on.
So basically you're telling me that GameFreaks devs have played too much Persona lately, gotcha

Wait, how does that work?
Look some questions are better left unanswered.
Otherwise ask reddit i'm sure they will point to some good ... sites with explanations.... :wo:

We should probably start compiling a list of actually possible egg moves. Parting shot is in the egg moves of a lot of really cool stuff but the only actual learner in the game seems to be Bombirdier which can only pass it on to squakability.

Which raises the question: Can these pokemon with it as an egg move have it from raid encounters? Main examples being revaroom, grafaifai and grimsnarl.

eviolite ursaring is gonna be heat in lower tiers
I'm thinking that Stantler (yes, him of all things; Intimidate + Eviolite on a Pokemon with better stats than lol Staravia) and Hisuian Qwilfish could be neat Eviolite users as well.

Stantler faces heavy competition with Vigoroth who has better overall bulk and Slack Off but still I think it might be worth a look.

didn't Sword and Shield have a feature that allowed a Pokemon to copy egg moves from another Pokemon without having been bred with them? You had to put them both in the daycare.

People are looking into if the Hisuian mons can truly evolve in this game, but even if they can't I have to imagine that copy method still exists. It was terrific for accessibility and would solve this issue.
Yes but it required two of the same species regardless of gender. So without Ursaring being able to evolve you wouldn't be able to transfer egg moves to another Ursaluna

There was, but we haven't found how to replicate this in SV.

For what we know, this functionality may actually not be here anymore.
I'm a bit confused by this so are you saying that two of the same species regardless of gender and with one of them having move space aren't transferring egg moves?

If so that's....really bad. Actually that makes the potential move deleted upon transfer worse because if certain mons need their egg moves then they invalidated any reason to transfer and wasted a lot of peoples time. Especially if there's a shiny hyper trained etc Pokemon you want to bring over and use. Unless you stick with gimped move sets.

If anyone had any doubts about Miraidon's power, I just ran a calc and unboosted neutral natured Specs Miraidon has a 62.5% chance to OHKO fully specially defensive Lugia right through Multiscale.

EDIT: Scratch that, the mechanics thread thankfully suggests the boost from Hadron Engine is smaller than the 50% initially assumed.

Last edited:
We should probably start compiling a list of actually possible egg moves. Parting shot is in the egg moves of a lot of really cool stuff but the only actual learner in the game seems to be Bombirdier which can only pass it on to squakability.
and last respects since the dog and the fish breeding cant happen but that also scares me cause that means there is some other number of pokemon not in the game that can learn the move that bridges the gap between field and water breeding pools

also wait how come goomy can still evolve into Hisuian Sliggoo, but all the other regional evovled forms only got cut out that feels wierd
The only methods that are ""axed"" are methods that involved using items not in the game or using moves in a style certain times, as well as the crossgen evos.
Goomy cannot evolve into H-Sliggoo. H-Sliggoo can however evolve in H-Goodra

I'm a bit confused by this so are you saying that two of the same species regardless of gender and with one of them having move space aren't transferring egg moves?

If so that's....really bad. Actually that makes the potential move deleted upon transfer worse because if certain mons need their egg moves then they invalidated any reason to transfer and wasted a lot of peoples time. Especially if there's a shiny hyper trained etc Pokemon you want to bring over and use. Unless you stick with gimped move sets.
Yesterday we did a bunch of tests for breeding, and purposely used a Azumarill knowing literally only water gun, toghether with another Azumarill (of opposing gender) which had a Sing egg move bred earlier.

Despite over a hour of attemtps, we did get eggs, but no egg move was transfer, not directly, nor in the relearner moveset.

and last respects since the dog and the fish breeding cant happen but that also scares me cause that means there is some other number of pokemon not in the game that can learn the move that bridges the gap between field and water breeding pools
But then my question for some of them are can they learn these unobtainable egg moves from raid encounters? Like can you catch a grimsnarl with parting shot?

Yesterday we did a bunch of tests for breeding, and purposely used a Azumarill knowing literally only water gun, toghether with another Azumarill (of opposing gender) which had a Sing egg move bred earlier.

Despite over a hour of attemtps, we did get eggs, but no egg move was transfer, not directly, nor in the relearner moveset.
I want to believe that its held item related, like how the Everstone passes down natures and the Destiny Knot passes down IVs. But if there is something like this implemented, we might not know for sure until the full datamine.

The only items that I can think of that could fit are maybe Wise Glasses or Expert Belt, assuming a "tutoring" angle.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)