SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Btw uuuuh what is the most efficent to grind money in postgame? I'm kinda trying to get up a bit of proper pokemon and bottle caps + medicines are definitely not cheap o.o

Also btw was it confirmed if Let's Go mode gives EV or not?
There's the ace tournament, raids drop high sell items on the regular, and you can sell excess materials for LP, which is kinda like cash

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
There's the ace tournament, raids drop high sell items on the regular, and you can sell excess materials for LP, which is kinda like cash
Heads up for anyone that sells TMs materials, they sell for more LP than Money but Gimmighoul Coins are in the same bag slot and selling them for money gets you P200 each instead of 10 LP each.

Another note about Gimmighoul: If you want to soft reset for catching one, you can safe in front of one and keep trying the same chest. The IVs and Nature aren't determined until you interact with it.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
You’re right, sorry. Totally forgot some of those lines were cross-generational and I was rushing. It’s been almost 15 years since this was a problem, so mentally I construe them as just their normal evolution :bloblul:
Y'know, this reminds me: Ya ever think about how weird it is that years down the road there's gonna be this whole new generation of fans who have no proper conception of certain Pokemon as having once been final evos at all?

Take me and other guys in my age bracket for instance, people who generally started with Gen 4 games. I understand the superficial fact that Pokemon like Aipom, Murkrow and Sneasel were single-stage for nearly a decade before DP extended their lines. But that period was before my time to where I can't ever fully internalize them as such - in my heart, they are NFEs and always will be.

I saw TV ads for the Unova games when they were airing. I have seen years of Dunsparce evolution memes, fan concepts and copium. I have cracked jokes about how painfully bland Stantler is as a single-stage. But by the end of this decade, assuming I'm still engaged with this series at all I'm gonna be talking with people for whom that'll all be the distant memories of Pokeboomers, people who will find it incredibly difficult, if not impossible to see even the likes of Ursaring and Bisharp as complete, wondering how we ever managed. There are people on this forum much older than me who I presume went through this arc with DP, but now it's our turn to feel ancient I guess. Wild.

To point out why these feature removals are so impactful, Eriorguez above highlighted one of the many reasons why it causes problems. Previously, all cross-generational evolution Pokemon did so via item or any other non-leveling mechanic - with the exception of Sylveon, though that Pokemon is more of a side-grade. Now, any Dunsparce, Primape, Girafarig, or Bisharp at lvl 100 are permanently locked out of their new final evolution due to no fault of your own.
I’m faaaaairly sure that SwSh made it so you can use a Rare Candy on a Lv100 unevolved mon in order to induce evolution. I imagine for the new Gen 9 cross-evos you’d still have to meet the evolution criteria first (know Hyper Drill, use Rage Fist 20x, etc.) but it’d be worth a shot to try that out.

I’m faaaaairly sure that SwSh made it so you can use a Rare Candy on a Lv100 unevolved mon in order to induce evolution. I imagine for the new Gen 9 cross-evos you’d still have to meet the evolution criteria first (know Hyper Drill, use Rage Fist 20x, etc.) but it’d be worth a shot to try that out.
People are reporting that that mechanic no longer exists/was not ported to SV. To be fair, I don’t think anyone has tried with those mons specifically, but the rare candy mechanic looks like it’s been removed. Hence the problem.

Thats....the point of being able to travel anywhere and do anything in any order. There is an appeal in travelling to levels above your paygrade or taking out strong objectives, and even sweeping house with stronger teams. You're going in the mindset of a traditional railroad experience but the game is anything but. By time you make it to the end you'll be where you need to be levelwise anyway
I want to be clear: I’m not taking issue with the freeroaming aspect of “open world” gameplay. I mean sure, I think open worlds aren’t actually all that great, but that’s hardly what I’m talking about here. My gripe is why the heck Star Boss 1 is in a more obtuse location than the first three gyms, the first couple of titans, and Star Boss 2 to boot.

There is appeal to pioneering dangerous territory and punching above one’s “paygrade,” so why is it the lowest guy on the totem pole who is so missable? It would be vaguely sensible if the Dark Crew were the second or third in the lineup, but no. The guys you go on a daring pilgrimage to find in hope of a challenge are in fact the weakest of the bunch, and there is no indication of that in the game whatsoever.

If the map is going to highlight the bases with mugshots of the bosses and other unsolicited information, would it be too much to ask for a witty “star rating” that indicates the faraway DJ man is tuned for the early game?

Btw uuuuh what is the most efficent to grind money in postgame? I'm kinda trying to get up a bit of proper pokemon and bottle caps + medicines are definitely not cheap o.o

In theory the fastest money making strategy in this current patch is to use the box legendary duplication glitch spreading around and having it hold Ability Patches to sell for $125k each if you're lucky enough to get the 1% drop from 6 star raids, though it seems like rewards have some kind of reroll to them since you can get duplicates of what's listed on serebii. Otherwise you can sell some other money item like the $100k Choice items for $25k.

Speaking of which, in general sell prices have gone down to a quarter of buying prices, which makes sense with how many random items you can find lying around in this game and is also the same decision they made in PLA.

Take me and other guys in my age bracket for instance, people who generally started with Gen 4 games. I understand the superficial fact that Pokemon like Aipom, Murkrow and Sneasel were single-stage for nearly a decade before DP extended their lines. But that period was before my time to where I can't ever fully internalize them as such - in my heart, they are NFEs and always will be.
You have no idea how long it took me to realise this, thank goodness it was before I started playing Crystal lol.

Speaking of which, in general sell prices have gone down to a quarter of buying prices, which makes sense with how many random items you can find lying around in this game and is also the same decision they made in PLA.
Just checked that the vitamins have this as well, which sucks for me specifically because I'm bad at keeping track of how many vitamins I need. At least I can money-farm with the legendary glitch in case I mess up (which I will).

Though to be fair, at least the gym leaders should be changed to scale with the player, since it's a actual in-game-lore thing that they have multiple teams purposely tailored to their opponent... in fact, the bug gym leader actually mentions this in the postgame rematch and is glad that "finally she can fight someone with her full strenght since he gets asked by the chairwoman to go easy on the novice trainers".
Gyms scaling to player badge count is an idea I've had in my head for years, and I'm disappointed it wasn't implemented here. I guess it mostly wasn't implemented because of the levels you essentially need to have to reach the hardest gyms. That's a wrinkle in the concept I haven't been able to completely iron out.

dependency that doesn't get touched upon enough. So really, removing features "beacuse no one uses them" is just a bad argument. :psycry:
Unfortunately it's the argument I have seen spammed elsewhere.

Well there is a really efficient way but it evolves a exploit and duping ability patches (or any item) to get you 1 million in 5 mins. The normal way would be picking up items in the desert or raids and selling I guess?

I still haven't beaten the main story (close) so I will worry about that when it comes to it. I'm going to need a lot of berries to convert the Pokemon I used in the story into something more useful.

Well there is a really efficient way but it evolves a exploit and duping ability patches (or any item) to get you 1 million in 5 mins. The normal way would be picking up items in the desert or raids and selling I guess?
That one unfortunately assumes getting an ability patch in first place which is... 1% drop from 6 star raids

I can understand people being upset with the lack of scaling but ive also notoced i havent seen any concrete ways to balance it all without blocking off progress. There's 3 main story lines right off the bat, and spme people may even do each one one at a time, all 3 at once, or outright ignore some they dont wanna do. Thats not even menrioning the objectives are split unevenly (8/5/5, then final bosses for each line), or that not all pokemon are created equal. If it was steictly badges i could see it but try doing the same with titans and you can see the logic fracture.
Option 1: Level hot swapping. All of the bosses are clearly designed in an "ideal" sequence and the levels follow that. So like. If you want me to do Gym 5, Gym 6, Titan 4, Star 4, Titan 5 then there's no reason that the levels cant update accordingly such that Titan 5, Gym 5, Titan 4, Gym 6, Star 4 don't at least swap their levels around.

Option 2: It just scales on your highest level in the party. We FF8 now. Go nuts. Do all thsoe titans first and now go tackle a first gym that's level like 30 or whatever. You decide to grind up to 100 for no discernable reason and now you go fight Brassius with his inexplicably level 100 Smoliv. Who cares!

Option 3: It soft scales. There's a floor and ceiling that each boss can't go below/above.

incidentally for all of these I am not touching wild encounters or trainers. I think those can stay mostly static, someting you can reliably lean on to make exploration a little spicy &/or safer and can opt in/out of leveling or whatever. Although, I would probably try to have some low level mobs in high level areas so that if someone really really wanted a Cetoddle they could sneak their way up the mountain and find a nice low level one for their adventures

I also think boss teams would probably remain unchanged (the Isle of Armor did this if you did it in the post game). The series is no stranger to throwing under leveled evolved pokemon at you and high leveled smoliv is stupid but in a funny way.

Y'know, this reminds me: Ya ever think about how weird it is that years down the road there's gonna be this whole new generation of fans who have no proper conception of certain Pokemon as having once been final evos at all?

I saw TV ads for the Unova games when they were airing. I have seen years of Dunsparce evolution memes, fan concepts and copium. I have cracked jokes about how painfully bland Stantler is as a single-stage. But by the end of this decade, assuming I'm still engaged with this series at all I'm gonna be talking with people for whom that'll all be the distant memories of Pokeboomers, people who will find it incredibly difficult, if not impossible to see even the likes of Ursaring and Bisharp as complete, wondering how we ever managed. There are people on this forum much older than me who I presume went through this arc with DP, but now it's our turn to feel ancient I guess. Wild.
It has been over half my life and I still feel like Rhydon is a perfect example of a fully evolved, 2-stage 'mon that had no business evolving. I will die in this hill.

Hell, Rhyperior is a perfect design for a Mega Rhydon.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
It has been over half my life and I still feel like Rhydon is a perfect example of a fully evolved, 2-stage 'mon that had no business evolving. I will die in this hill.

Hell, Rhyperior is a perfect design for a Mega Rhydon.
I like Rhyperior's concept tbh, just not the execution. And I gotta agree, it has been 15 years already and I still see Rhydon/Rhyperior as Scyther/Scizor: a sidegrade.

So, listen. Despite me wanting some form of level scaling or swapping, I did come out of this game thinking that it was actually the most balanced around exp share the series has attempted and the finale battles for all the stories were *chef kiss* what i was looking for.

But

I have never just gone full "stares at the screen like i'm at the office" as i have now.

Now, any Dunsparce, Primape, Girafarig, or Bisharp at lvl 100 are permanently locked out of their new final evolution due to no fault of your own.
Bisharp and (I think) Primeape don't need to level up, they just need to complete their criteria (kill 3 Bisharp holding a Leader's Crest and use Rage Fist 20 times respectively).

So, listen. Despite me wanting some form of level scaling or swapping, I did come out of this game thinking that it was actually the most balanced around exp share the series has attempted and the finale battles for all the stories were *chef kiss* what i was looking for.

But

I have never just gone full "stares at the screen like i'm at the office" as i have now.
Despite what some claim, I think Gamefreak is well aware of player criticism and feedback about future features and improvements. Whether or not they actually implement them is entirely up to their whims, the development timeline, or whatever their idea of "good game design" is.

Scarlet and Violet in particular include a lot of changes to the formula and presentation that fans have been clamoring for for years, its just a shame that the final product falls short in so many other areas.

Not sure if anyone else mentioned this yet, but looks like Thief/Covet put items stolen from wild mons directly into your bag now, instead of becoming your mon's held item.
Oh! That's awesome!
Does that mean it doesn't matter if the Pokémon with Thief/Covet holds an item anymore?
You can just have a Bombirdier with Thief holding Blackglasses or any other item and Thief/Covet will just send the item obtained straight to the bag?
That's such a lovely QoL feature, if so!

Oh! That's awesome!
Does that mean it doesn't matter if the Pokémon with Thief/Covet holds an item anymore?
You can just have a Bombirdier with Thief holding Blackglasses or any other item and Thief/Covet will just send the item obtained straight to the bag?
That's such a lovely QoL feature, if so!
Unfortunately still looks like it checks whether your mon has something equipped or not.

Tinkaton w/ Silk Scarf using Covet against a Bisharp w/ Leader's Crest -> nothing happened
Tinkaton, after Silk Scarf is removed, using Covet against the same Bisharp -> stole the crest

I suppose it's better than nothing at least.

Did the person who said you can't use Rare Candies to evolve Pokemon at level 100 actually try this because I was so curious about this that I grabbed a Girafarig and a lot of grinding and stuffing every candy down its throat later spoiler alert it evolved.

Ah, so this is just another case this gen of someone making something the fuck up and everyone just believing it because gen 8 kind of just tanked everyone's opinion on Game Freak.

Not sure if anyone else mentioned this yet, but looks like Thief/Covet put items stolen from wild mons directly into your bag now, instead of becoming your mon's held item.
Bruh that's literally how Radical Red changed the moves. Between this and Sharpness's distribution, I'm convinced now that someone on the dev team has some experience playing ROM hacks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)