SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Normal Wooper defaults to Paldean Wooper.
Blaze Breed Tauros will breed additional Blaze Breed Tauros. So it seems each version of Paldean Tauros only breeds more versions of themselves.

My assumption is Normal Tauros will produce the normal pure-Fighting Paldean Tauros rather than randomly select among the 3.

Normal Wooper defaults to Paldean Wooper.
Blaze Breed Tauros will breed additional Blaze Breed Tauros. So it seems each version of Paldean Tauros only breeds more versions of themselves.

My assumption is Normal Tauros will produce the normal pure-Fighting Paldean Tauros rather than randomly select among the 3.
The personal data has:
Code:
Tauros-0: Tauros-1, Tauros-0 (Everstone)
Tauros-1: Tauros-1, Tauros-1 (Everstone)
Tauros-2: Tauros-2, Tauros-2 (Everstone)
Tauros-3: Tauros-3, Tauros-3 (Everstone)
Wooper-0: Wooper-1, Wooper-0 (Everstone)
Wooper-1: Wooper-1, Wooper-1 (Everstone)

I'm guessing no one's really looked at the ATB mechanics/jank of raid battles, but anyone look at how Analytic interacts with the turn system yet? Obviously there is some sort of turn delineation still, but within a given turn does Analytic check for whether all of other Pokemon have moved or just the Analytic mon and the target mon?

Its really interesting to me that Nintendo actually acknowledged the game's performance issues, even if its tucked away in the official patchnotes for this update.

I do wonder how much they will actually fix though, I don't know enough about game development to tell what is and isn't feasible to correct with a post launch patch.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Stating the obvious, but I really hope Nintendo puts their metaphorical money where their mouth is and they fix shadow stuff and memory leaks and improve performance in patches. Hoping they don't fix the Paradox Wooper/Quagsire evolution glitch I saw after defeating the Flying Titan. :P

Probably too late to warn a lot of people about this, but if anyone wants to abuse the item cloning glitch for more Apricorn Balls, you may want to find out how to stop your game from automatically updating. ...or you could just do what I did, delete the Switch's Wifi connection instead of figuring out how. I really need the extra Heavy and Lure Balls for Paradox Magneton and Salamence.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Is this the one where the game forgets to delete the model from a move learning animation before an evolution, or something different?
My Wooper was hopping up in down in celebration at defeating the Flying Titan then the same Wooper appeared for evolution while it was also still standing where it was celebrating. After evolving and not learning Amnesia, Clodsire disappeared and the camera turned back to the unevolved Wooper. My Wooper/Clodsire was a literal Paradox! (Specifically, probably Schrodinger's Cat.) For extra humor, Clodsire was clipping into Wooper's tail a little while both versions of the same Pokemon were still there.

Don't know about the glitch you're talking about, but it might be the same thing triggered by another way.

Its really interesting to me that Nintendo actually acknowledged the game's performance issues, even if its tucked away in the official patchnotes for this update.
Gotta give the press their cookie. We're thinking of you guys, now please go buy our game :)

I do wonder how much they will actually fix though, I don't know enough about game development to tell what is and isn't feasible to correct with a post launch patch.
I doubt they will fix the memory leak as (from my understanding) that's a problem with how encounters are generated and far beyond the scope of a bugfix patch.

Personally I'd be ok if they at least fixed the constant desync happening in raids, being stuck for 30 seconds with no possibility to take any action is kiiiinda obnoxious in t6 raids and I don't even want to think of the charizard ones.
I'm guessing no one's really looked at the ATB mechanics/jank of raid battles, but anyone look at how Analytic interacts with the turn system yet? Obviously there is some sort of turn delineation still, but within a given turn does Analytic check for whether all of other Pokemon have moved or just the Analytic mon and the target mon?
From what I noticed, every time you "get a turn", so does the raid, so it's very likely that any Analytic and similar check is done for your speed vs the raid one, ignoring the other 3.
Then again I still havent quite figured out even what determines the duration of field conditions...

Stating the obvious, but I really hope Nintendo puts their metaphorical money where their mouth is and they fix shadow stuff and memory leaks and improve performance in patches. Hoping they don't fix the Paradox Wooper/Quagsire evolution glitch I saw after defeating the Flying Titan. :P

Probably too late to warn a lot of people about this, but if anyone wants to abuse the item cloning glitch for more Apricorn Balls, you may want to find out how to stop your game from automatically updating. ...or you could just do what I did, delete the Switch's Wifi connection instead of figuring out how. I really need the extra Heavy and Lure Balls for Paradox Magneton and Salamence.
I need to dupe the one ability patch I managed to get and as many caps as possible to get mons up to snuff. As well as more balls of course. I haven't done the new quicker method though. I turned off automatic updates so I should be good there.

Not exactly prepared for the Charizard raid. I have my Miraidon done and made it a support set for now since I didn't know what to do with it. Reflect, Electric Terrain, unique move and Metal Sound. My other raid mon I got done with is Iron Hands holding a Sitrus with Belly Drum, Drain, Thunder and Ice Punch. EV's are max attack and special defense and damn it can tank.

Gotta give the press their cookie. We're thinking of you guys, now please go buy our game :)
Look i'm cynical about what they actually consider a problem and will actually fix too (something with Raids seems likely, whatever that may be) but it's a footnote in a patch note list for a game that already sold 10 million copies in 3 days and the best performing pokemon game yet i do not think this is a "good press" "pwease buy our game <:3c" ploy

Speaking of raids did anyone see the updated drop mechanics from serebii the other day? Turns out there's a weight system it can roll against and it's why it can grab multiple copies of a reward listed separately, so the chance of an Ability Patch has a "true" drop rate of like 4.5%.

a footnote in a patch note list for a game that already sold 10 million copies in 3 days and the best performing pokemon game yet i do not think this is a "good press" "pwease buy our game <:3c" ploy
That is specifically what I'd call as just "throwing a bone to the press".
"We're working on it" except they aren't cause the game shouldn't have shipped in that state in first place and I struggle to see how they can fix the memory leak problem with just a patch. But we already know this bit so useless to debate about that for now.
They have to at least aknowledge the issue or people would gnaw even more at them, doesn't mean anything would be done. SwSh never had the wild area lag fixed despite the complaint, not even once the DLCs released.

Speaking of raids did anyone see the updated drop mechanics from serebii the other day? Turns out there's a weight system it can roll against and it's why it can grab multiple copies of a reward listed separately, so the chance of an Ability Patch has a "true" drop rate of like 4.5%.
I figured it was something like that, though I actually thought it was just X fixed drops + Y multiple rolls.
5%ish seems about realistic anyway, since by now i've collected what, 10 of them without duping I think?

I am curious of if they did actually fix the cloning glitch though.

That is specifically what I'd call as just "throwing a bone to the press".
"We're working on it" except they aren't cause the game shouldn't have shipped in that state in first place and I struggle to see how they can fix the memory leak problem with just a patch. But we already know this bit so useless to debate about that for now.
They have to at least aknowledge the issue or people would gnaw even more at them, doesn't mean anything would be done. SwSh never had the wild area lag fixed despite the complaint, not even once the DLCs released.
They don't have to acknowledge it, actually! See also: BDSP

Man starter animations got a huge downgrade for their signature animations

Chesnaught used to have a cool one where he forms a shield with his arms. Now he just roars. I assume this is just the standard "status" animation.
Delphox used to spin a wand, now its just spinning the hand.
Decidueye lost its entire animation too, it just flaps its wings.
Cinderace got it severely shortened ot just kicking the fire ball
Inteleon lost its fancy pose entirely.

Greninja at least got to keep the elaborate animation, though that's the least they could do after taking away Ash-Greninja

Huh - I think the personal data actually DOES store the National Pokedex numbers. There is a field that I've been calling "Model ID" that doesn't actually match the asset files names, so it cannot be the Model ID. It matches the National Pokedex numbers for all species from generations 1 to 8, and sorting the values for all species from generation 9 shows that it follows a similar ordering to the SWSH National Pokedex numbers, where it groups all cross-region evolutions together (Annihilape -> Clodsire -> Farigiraf -> Dudunsparce -> Kingambit). Additionally, the two placeholder Pikachu entries have their values set after Koraidon and Miraidon, as 1009 and 1010.

Huh - I think the personal data actually DOES store the National Pokedex numbers. There is a field that I've been calling "Model ID" that doesn't actually match the asset files names, so it cannot be the Model ID. It matches the National Pokedex numbers for all species from generations 1 to 8, and sorting the values for all species from generation 9 shows that it follows a similar ordering to the SWSH National Pokedex numbers, where it groups all cross-region evolutions together (Annihilape -> Clodsire -> Farigiraf -> Dudunsparce -> Kingambit). Additionally, the two placeholder Pikachu entries have their values set after Koraidon and Miraidon, as 1009 and 1010.
That likely tracks with Khu's list he posted alongside the Chinese names.

Man starter animations got a huge downgrade for their signature animations

Chesnaught used to have a cool one where he forms a shield with his arms. Now he just roars. I assume this is just the standard "status" animation.
Delphox used to spin a wand, now its just spinning the hand.
Decidueye lost its entire animation too, it just flaps its wings.
Cinderace got it severely shortened ot just kicking the fire ball
Inteleon lost its fancy pose entirely.

Greninja at least got to keep the elaborate animation, though that's the least they could do after taking away Ash-Greninja
To be fair, Chesnaught had to have some weird model shit for the animation it had for Spiky Shield (and only Spiky Shield, I'm pretty sure it didn't use it for Protect and such) and they didn't feel like bothering to redo it since 6 other Pokemon learn it.

Delphox is similar, shit tons of Pokemon learn Mystical Fire now.

To be fair, Chesnaught had to have some weird model shit for the animation it had for Spiky Shield (and only Spiky Shield, I'm pretty sure it didn't use it for Protect and such) and they didn't feel like bothering to redo it since 6 other Pokemon learn it.

Delphox is similar, shit tons of Pokemon learn Mystical Fire now.
I don't think either of that matters, though? Greninja kept his Water Shuriken special animation. Delphox does mostly the same animation it just doesn't have the wand. There's plenty of Pokemon that have more distinct animations for their moves out there, including in this very video, even when they're applied to other Pokemon.

like the actual move animation is the same, the only thing different is what the Pokemon does to do that animation. Cacturne could still do Spiky Shield just fine because the move's animation is the same across all of them. Most pokemon not having a kicking animation does not prevent Tauros from having one for stuff like Double Kick

I don't think either of that matters, though? Greninja kept his Water Shuriken special animation. Delphox does mostly the same animation it just doesn't have the wand. There's plenty of Pokemon that have more distinct animations for their moves out there, including in this very video, even when they're applied to other Pokemon.

like the actual move animation is the same, the only thing different is what the Pokemon does to do that animation. Cacturne could still do Spiky Shield just fine because the move's animation is the same across all of them. Most pokemon not having a kicking animation does not prevent Tauros from having one for stuff like Double Kick
That Greninja animation kiiiinda looks generic.

I can confirm both Inteleon and Cinderace's are generic ones.

Actually, only a handful aren't. This is pretty wack.

Has anyone found Leppa Berries in game?
Random ground sparkles. Maybe the auctions have them too?

Why can't we just plant berries again? Or at least some reasonable way to buy them like a shop.

It's slapping the shuriken spots on its thighs to then fire shurikens using the shuriken throwing pose.
THe generic version of its projectile animation is a different (ninjutsu, i guess) pose where it raises its stands straight up, raises one arm and has the other bent.

Fragmented

procrastinating...
is a Pokemon Researcher

I can confirm both Inteleon and Cinderace's are generic ones.

Actually, only a handful aren't. This is pretty wack.

Random ground sparkles. Maybe the auctions have them too?

Why can't we just plant berries again? Or at least some reasonable way to buy them like a shop.
They really should bring back berry farms. The berry farm in Kalos was fun to manage, especially when trying to get all the mutations.

They really should bring back berry farms. The berry farm in Kalos was fun to manage, especially when trying to get all the mutations.
I understand the desire, but honestly with how much certain berries are necessary (expecially the EV reducing ones), I'd rather just them either let you buy, have repeatable sources (the trees in SwSh were *almost* ok...) or just a simple farm like in SM where you could get a bunch per day.

It is weird there's rarely just a berry shop. Like the EV reducing berries may as well be in the shops at this point when 90% of the game's battle-related items are.

The auctions only havin 3 random items/item sets every day is also very bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)