SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

I feel like the spore breloom oddity was deliberate, since afaik, it’s the only case in the game of an evolution not learning a move its pre-evolution gets. That being said, breloom did get the move through the reminder in BDSP, so I could see either way.

Yeah all Pokemon that weren't in SwSh got their pre-evo moves in BDSP. Masquerain (Sticky Web and a few others), Mismagius (basically everything) are two others. But they didn't get them back in SV. It's likely that the Level Up moves here ignored BDSP altogether because the Pokemon that were in SwSh did get all their Pre-Evo moves.

A few random thoughts:
So Origin Marks don't mean anything anymore. Since games just have their own marks now, and there's no third version to necessitate continuity like there was with XY & ORAS, and since you can just use whoever you want regardless of where they came from, all they do is...dictate the origin.
Kitakami is treated so detached from Paldea as it is....I wonder if they take that to a more literal level and Kitakami Pokemon (& Blueberry Academy) might wind up having its own marks?

The masks at the festival are obviously stylized versions of the Loyal 3, and we kind of think they might have tera forms that might resemble them (still interesting that Home doesnt seem like it will be displaying tera forms, unless the render asset dump was incomplete). But the pokedex also kind of implies that the Loyal 3 didn't look like their current selves all the time until they got the toxic chains. So if they DO get tera forms and they DO resemble the masks, I wonder if the intent is that' approximately what they looked like prior ot the chain's effects? That could be fun.

Removed link to 4chan

Wondering if we will get H-Lillifanr and H-Goodra
Snipped the game-play-relevant stuff

We also got to see some special competitive ambassadors play some "VGC2024 Regulation E" early. They explained to us that Ogerpon is indeed a Restricted Legendary Pokémon, so it won't be legalized for use just yet. They also mentioned that Walking Wake, Iron Leaves, and Shaymin wouldn't be legal for use either, but that Torterra, Infernape, and Empoleon would be, despite only being in the Teal Mask through Pokémon Home transfers.

Okidogi fills a very similar role to previous Pokémon like Incineroar, Rillaboom, and Iron Hands. It has access to the abilities Toxic Chain and Scrappy, and gets moves such as Fake Out, Knock Off, Parting Shot, and Taunt. It's also a very respectable offensive option, with strong Same-Type-Attack-Bonus moves like Close Combat, Drain Punch, Gunk Shot, and Poison Jab. It also benefits from the expanded TM List, with the supportive moves Breaking Swipe, and older TMs Snarl and U-Turn. It's very Bulky, Strong, and has a decent Speed tier, able to outspeed Regieleki if Tailwind is set on your team's field. It is Fighting- and Poison-Type.

Munkidori is a very fast and bulky Psychic- and Poison-Type Pokémon, similar to Scream Tail. It gets a wide supportive movepool with moves like Encore, Slack Off, Snarl, Taunt, Thunder Wave, and more. It also has the Toxic Chain ability, but gets Prankster as its hidden ability. It's also decently strong, able to abuse STAB moves for some chip damage and their side effects, like Sludge Bomb and Psychic. It also gets Expanding Force, Pollen Puff, Trick Room, and many others through TMs.

Last but certainly not least, Fezandipiti is very similar to most other Special Attackers. This Fairy- and Poison-Type Pokémon is fast, strong, and has similar bulk to other Fairy-Types like Enamorus and Flutter Mane. Like the other two in its trio, it gets Toxic Chain as its primary ability, but it gets Serene Grace as its hidden ability. It gets powerful moves like Roost and Tailwind through TMs, and powerful STABs Dazzling Gleam, Moonblast, and Sludge Bomb. It also has access to multiple great coverage and support moves, Heat Wave, Hurricane, and Icy Wind are just a few of them.

The whole trio has the ability "Toxic Chain", which is similar to Poison Touch in that attacks the user has can Poison the target. However, it can be any attack instead of just moves that make contact, and it has a 25% chance to Badly Poison targets instead.

This group of Pokémon is somewhat unique because they have signature abilities but also have hidden abilities, which has only been done before by the Tapus of Alola. How these Pokémon are used will certainly be interesting, and they will have great niches in the upcoming format.

They also gave us the rundown on the new "Blood Moon Ursaluna". This variant of Ursaluna is more akin to Legendary Pokémon, with a boosted Base Stat Total similar to Roaring Moon, Walking Wake, Iron Valiant, and Iron Leaves. It's faster and bulkier, but hits weaker with its lost access to the ability Guts and STAB Facade. Ursaring can't evolve into it, nor can Hisuian Ursaluna change into this form. It drops the Normal-Type in favor of the Steel-Type, and gets the moves Bullet Punch, Slack Off, Snarl, Stealth Rock, Steel Roller, and Sucker Punch to prove annoying to opponents' strategies. Otherwise, its movepool remains very similar to Hisuian Ursaluna's, with the addition of its signature move, "Blood Moon". This Ghost-Type move has a base power of 150, and a base accuracy of 95%. Blood Moon Ursaluna caught during the "Legendary Beast" story will all have the Tera-Type of Ghost, boosting the move through STAB and removing its weakness to the Fighting-Type. Its new abilities, Mind's Eye and Defiant, also make it a menace. "Mind's Eye" is a new ability that basically combines Keen Eye and Scrappy, without ignoring the Attack Stat drops from Intimidate.

Briefly going over the actual sets of battles themselves, we were able to see some buffs to movesets that certain Pokémon have received in this new update. One of the players used a team of Hisuian Arcanine, Gastrodon, Brute Bonnet, Okidogi, Galarian Articuno, and Hisuain Ursaluna, while the other used a team of Hisuian Arcanine, Rapid Strike Urshifu, Rillaboom, Flutter Mane, Blood Moon Ursaluna, and Kantonian Zapdos.

Throughout this battle we saw Gastrodon using Scald and Scorching Sands; Brute Bonnet taking advantage of Rillaboom's Grassy Terrain with Grassy Glide; Galarian Articuno has gained access to Burning Jealousy and Roost; meanwhile the other player showed off Rillaboom regaining Grassy Glide; Flutter Mane also obtaining Burning Jealousy into its movepool; and Blood Moon Ursaluna having Poltergeist.

Lastly, they showed us a trailer showing off other Pokémon getting new moves that is meant to coincide with the next Nintendo Direct to promote both parts of the Hidden Treasure of Area Zero. This includes Galarian Moltres using Roost, Glimmora using Meteor Beam; the Tapus using the Isle of Armor Terrain moves; Iron Crown using Ice Beam against Raging Bolt whom retaliates by using Fire Blast against the Iron Crown; Rapid Strike Urshifu using the new "Upper Hand" against an Incineroar, and Flutter Mane using the new "Psychic Noise" against an Okidogi.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's just odd to me that we get such in depth details

but it heals back 75% of the damage dealt to and as a 30% chance to Burn any targets. Its signature ability, Hospitality, also heals 33.3% of an ally's health when Sinistcha enters the field.
why are they getting such specific information on this

Why are they showing of "Regulation E" gameplay??
Why are they giving such an indepth rundown on the Loyal 3 & BM Ursaluna down to movepools, relative stats, hidden abilities.

Also, why are they allowed to talk about Bloodmoon Ursaluna at all, honestly; it's supposedly in a dedicated questline and presumably seeing it and capturing it is meant to be an end-of-quest event. Getting to talk about Sinistcha is also a bit odd.

Most of the time previews are pretty controlled in what they can/cannot show (I am fairly certain the people previewing SV weren't allowed to chase Klawf into its second phase) and they just like show off the two big remaining things with no issue? And also a big competitive-focused run down?

The tone of the thing also keeps flipping between "cagey preview language" you'd see in actual previews and "okay but here's all the nitty gritty" stuff

Also no talk at all about stuff that we know was specifically previewed, like the ogre busting minigame.

It all just feels very very fake, I wouldn't believe it

It's also interesting how the main things it has, aside from a few specific TM numbers for moves, all seem to come from other leaks or speculations on said leaks. It's almost like this is meant to cash in on those. :smogthink:
Pretty much. It's all information that can be inferred from stuff already leaked, specially information people are interested in and not lore fluff.

Why are they giving such an indepth rundown on the Loyal 3 & BM Ursaluna down to movepools, relative stats, hidden abilities.

Also, why are they allowed to talk about Bloodmoon Ursaluna at all, honestly; it's supposedly in a dedicated questline and presumably seeing it and capturing it is meant to be an end-of-quest event. Getting to talk about Sinistcha is also a bit odd.

Most of the time previews are pretty controlled in what they can/cannot show (I am fairly certain the people previewing SV weren't allowed to chase Klawf into its second phase) and they just like show off the two big remaining things with no issue? And also a big competitive-focused run down?

The tone of the thing also keeps flipping between "cagey preview language" you'd see in actual previews and "okay but here's all the nitty gritty" stuff

Also no talk at all about stuff that we know was specifically previewed, like the ogre busting minigame.

I am praying this is real, praying to god. It is likely not, but still

The bigger red flag is mentioning the tapus getting their terrain moves. Aside from this being a backpedal on deliberately not giving them the moves last gen for obvious balance reason, the tapus aren't even supposed to be in the game (at least as of teal mask, and no leaks or data mines have hinted either).

Speaking of Rising Voltage, I'm surprised more people aren't panicking about Miraidon potentially getting Rising Voltage. Since its expected that the IoA tutor moves are coming pack, and its a super legendary, balancing is likely less of a factor here compared to something like Tapu Koko. Rising Voltage Miraidon is very likely to be an AG tier threat (even moreso than it already is).

252 SpA Choice Specs Hadron Engine Miraidon Rising Voltage (140 BP) vs. 4 HP / 252+ SpD Blissey in Electric Terrain: 357-420 (54.7 - 64.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Hmm, so, the new one says Okidogi and Munkidori's Hidden Abilities are Scrappy and Prankster, while the old one says Guts and Shadow Tag. Interestingly, they both agree that Fezandipiti's HA is Serene Grace.

They both feel fake to me though.
I'll be honest, I highly doubt the loyal three have other abilities at all. They feel very blatantly designed to have Toxic Chain as their main thing, would be kinda like if Dhelmise could have abilities other than steelworker

But even aside from that, they're meant to be "sorta like legendaries but not quite" which I'd argue our closest comparisons would be Gholdengo, Paradoxes and UBs - all of which only have one ability

And even if we look at actual recent minor legends: Treasures of Ruin, the horses, Galarian Birds and Galarian Regis all only have a singular ability. While not impossible for the Loyal Three to have more than just Toxic Chain, I find it extremely unlikely

Toxic Chain has a 25% chance to activate and not 30%? Really?

Also, you'd think they'd play Ogre Oustin' and report back on (at least a hint of) the Mochi-winning rate like I'd think a true early previewer would actually do.

(I'm starting to think that Ogerpon is surprisingly forgiving and the Loyal Three uniformly changed their loyalties to Ogerpon after their trainer died and Ogerpon granted them eternal youth for their "spunky spirit", but hey, that's just me scrambling for why Ogerpon gets the biggest image of the 4 on signs...)

Balance-wise, though, if Blood Moon really is a Gigaton Hammer clone, Ursaluna-Blood-Moon not getting STAB on it makes sense. ...And you'd think that post would mention Blood Moon being auto-Tormented.

Last edited:
The bigger red flag is mentioning the tapus getting their terrain moves. Aside from this being a backpedal on deliberately not giving them the moves last gen for obvious balance reason, the tapus aren't even supposed to be in the game (at least as of teal mask, and no leaks or data mines have hinted either).
While I do agree that they're very likely fake, I'd say this isn't enough of a precedent to consider it wrong.

After all, not giving Zamazenta Body Press in gen 8 was also a deliberate choice, and here we are in gen 9...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)