SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Tbh I called this during the last proper trailer from ID. They did mention that Koraidon/Miraidon would further their potential (a lot of people alluded it to just being able to fly consistently) but they’ve given box legends a gimmick constantly for the last few gens so I expect Miraidon & Koraidon to get stronger states going forward, similar to Ogerpon.

Tbh I called this during the last proper trailer from ID. They did mention that Koraidon/Miraidon would further their potential (a lot of people alluded it to just being able to fly consistently) but they’ve given box legends a gimmick constantly for the last few gens so I expect Miraidon & Koraidon to get stronger states going forward, similar to Ogerpon.
What do we define as a Gimmick in this case though? They already had Signature abilities that made them stronger just for being in a condition they set, and in terms of design they have the various travel forms if we're looking at that aspect of something like Zacian/Zamazenta for visuals. It wouldn't shock me if they get something stronger but I don't think that precent points to anything alone.

I also wonder if GF will pull that card since unlike Ogerpon, Urshifu, or Calyrex, Koraidon and Miraidon are base-game available Pokemon that presumably gain this modification through the DLC content, which throws potential fuel on the Accessibility Fire for VGC in a future Restricted-allowed Format if the enhancement is relevant given you only have 1 tradeable Raidon (and depending on how it works I wouldn't be shocked if the mechanic is applied to your Ride one rather than the "Wild" one)

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Oh yeah, for the record, it's now noted that Ultra Beasts and Paradoxes now have their own separate special classifications amongst the Legendary/Mythical stuff.

Now we have five classifications: sub-legendary, Restricted Legendary, Mythical, Ultra Beast, and Paradox. The latter two are special classifications that are individualized now as well.

With this in mind, this basically goes down the list of these five categories and who is in who:

Articuno
Zapdos
Moltres
Raikou
Entei
Suicune
Regirock
Regice
Registeel
Latias
Latios
Uxie
Mesprit
Azelf
Heatran
Regigigas
Cresselia
Cobalion
Terrakion
Virizion
Tornadus
Thundurus
Landorus
Type: Null
Silvally
Tapu Koko
Tapu Lele
Tapu Bulu
Tapu Fini
Kubfu
Urshifu
Galarian Articuno
Galarian Zapdos
Galarian Moltres
Regieleki
Regidrago
Glastrier
Spectrier
Enamorus
Wo-Chien
Chien-Pao
Ting-Lu
Chi-Yu
Okidogi
Munkidori
Fezandipiti
Ogerpon

Mewtwo
Lugia
Ho-oh
Kyogre
Groudon
Rayquaza
Dialga
Palkia
Giratina
Reshiram
Zekrom
Kyurem
Xerneas
Yveltal
Zygarde
Cosmog
Cosmoem
Solgaleo
Lunala
Necrozma
Zacian
Zamazenta
Eternatus
Calyrex
Koraidon
Miraidon
Terapagos

Mew
Celebi
Jirachi
Deoxys
Phione
Manaphy
Darkrai
Shaymin
Arceus
Victini
Keldeo
Meloetta
Genesect
Diancie
Hoopa
Volcanion
Magearna
Marshadow
Zeraora
Meltan
Melmetal
Zarude
Pecharunt

Nihilego
Buzzwole
Pheromosa
Xurkitree
Celesteela
Kartana
Guzzlord
Poipole
Naganadel
Stakataka
Blacephalon

Great Tusk
Scream Tail
Brute Bonnet
Flutter Mane
Slither Wing
Sandy Shocks
Iron Treads
Iron Bundle
Iron Hands
Iron Jugulis
Iron Moth
Iron Thorns
Roaring Moon
Iron Valiant
Walking Wake
Iron Leaves
Gouging Fire
Raging Bolt
Iron Boulder
Iron Crown

A lot of lists but there you go

Last edited:
It'd be novel if next gen their big "wow look at all the stuff we brought back" eschewed the Legendary/Sub-Legends not already in the game and were just like WHOA! All the UBs & Paradoxes!!

Oh yeah, for the record, it's now noted that Ultra Beasts and Paradoxes now have their own separate special classifications amongst the Legendary/Mythical stuff.

Now we have five classifications: sub-legendary, Restricted Legendary, Mythical, Ultra Beast, and Paradox. The latter two are special classifications that are individualized now as well.

With this in mind, this basically goes down the list of these five categories and who is in who:

Articuno
Zapdos
Moltres
Raikou
Entei
Suicune
Regirock
Regice
Registeel
Latias
Latios
Uxie
Mesprit
Azelf
Heatran
Regigigas
Cresselia
Cobalion
Terrakion
Virizion
Tornadus
Thundurus
Landorus
Silvally
Tapu Koko
Tapu Lele
Tapu Bulu
Tapu Fini
Kubfu
Urshifu
Regieleki
Regidrago
Glastrier
Spectrier
Enamorus
Wo-Chien
Chien-Pao
Ting-Lu
Chi-Yu
Okidogi
Munkidori
Fezandipiti
Ogerpon

Mewtwo
Lugia
Ho-oh
Kyogre
Groudon
Rayquaza
Dialga
Palkia
Giratina
Reshiram
Zekrom
Kyurem
Xerneas
Yveltal
Zygarde
Cosmog
Cosmoem
Solgaleo
Lunala
Necrozma
Zacian
Zamazenta
Eternatus
Calyrex
Koraidon
Miraidon

Terapagos

Mew
Celebi
Jirachi
Deoxys
Phione
Manaphy
Darkrai
Shaymin
Arceus
Victini
Keldeo
Meloetta
Genesect
Diancie
Hoopa
Volcanion
Magearna
Marshadow
Zeraora
Meltan
Melmetal
Zarude

Nihilego
Buzzwole
Pheromosa
Xurkitree
Celesteela
Kartana
Guzzlord
Poipole
Naganadel
Stakataka
Blacephalon

Great Tusk
Scream Tail
Brute Bonnet
Flutter Mane
Slither Wing
Sandy Shocks
Iron Treads
Iron Bundle
Iron Hands
Iron Jugulis
Iron Moth
Iron Thorns
Roaring Moon
Iron Valiant
Walking Wake
Iron Leaves

Raging Bolt
Iron Crown
Ancient Entei
Future Terrakion

Technically Shiinotic is Mythical according to the in-game data right now and Marshadow is just a normal Pokémon :mehowth:

This Is Purely Speculation, there are apparently 70+ new items in part 2, and this is if about 30 of them are TMs. Good Day
Since we didnt get all SwSh move tutors back in dlc part 1, here is my theory list of what could come back as a TM in part 2, keep in mind, this is just if they add 30 new TMs in part 2, this is not a datamine. And not in any particular order. I will also come up with an edited version of this list later, probably not for a while, where I list Pokemon, New and Returning, who could get these moves. The good ones. This is also not including the already revealed ones, so no Upper Hand or Psychic Noise. Also my reasoning for the choices (TM choices, not distribution) will be in the next version of this, but I wont be editting this one
202: Tri Attack
203: Blaze Kick
204: Throat Chop
205: Superpower
206: Darkest Lariat
207: Sludge Wave
208: Mystical Fire
209: Spiky Shield
210: Mach Punch
211: Muddy Water
212: Leaf Blade
213: Wave Crash
214: Headlong Rush
215: Roost
216: Aurora Veil
217: Fire Lash
218: Parting Shot
219: Spirit Break
220: Scorching Sands
221: Expanding Force
222: Steel Roller
223: Meteor Beam
224: Rising Voltage
225: Terrain Pulse
226: Skitter Smack
227: Corrosive Gas
228: Coaching
229: Triple Axel
And here is my, what i would prefer while still staying in a (relatively) realistic manner list:
202: Tri Attack
203: Blaze Kick
204: Throat Chop
205: Superpower
206: Darkest Lariat
207: Sludge Wave
208: Silk Trap
209: Spiky Shield
210: Mach Punch
211: Muddy Water
212: Leaf Blade
213: Wave Crash
214: Headlong Rush
215: Roost
216: Comeuppance
217: Fire Lash
218: Parting Shot
219: Spirit Break
220: Sticky Web
221: Coil
222: Moonlight
223: Jet Punch
224: Scorching Sands
225: Expanding Force
226: Meteor Beam
227: Rising Voltage
228: Terrain Pulse
229: Triple Axel
This has been my TED talk.

Hello all Koraidon and Miraidon denyers, time to wreck house with this on
Well the trailer for Indigo Disk did mention we would unleash more of our Miraidon/Koraidon potential or something like that, people were assuming (maybe with actual info, I don't remember) that it was for the world travel thing, like actual flying, but maybe this also makes them stronger in battle
Prehaps that is why they had a BST of 670, so it wouldn't be too overkill
Also, there were signatures items for Korai and Mirai leaked in the summer leading up to Scarlet and Violets release, so maybe these act like the crowned forms.

Last edited:

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Articuno
Zapdos
Moltres
Raikou
Entei
Suicune
Regirock
Regice
Registeel
Latias
Latios
Uxie
Mesprit
Azelf
Heatran
Regigigas
Cresselia
Cobalion
Terrakion
Virizion
Tornadus
Thundurus
Landorus
Silvally
Tapu Koko
Tapu Lele
Tapu Bulu
Tapu Fini
Kubfu
Urshifu
Regieleki
Regidrago
Glastrier
Spectrier
Enamorus
Wo-Chien
Chien-Pao
Ting-Lu
Chi-Yu
Okidogi
Munkidori
Fezandipiti
Ogerpon

Mewtwo
Lugia
Ho-oh
Kyogre
Groudon
Rayquaza
Dialga
Palkia
Giratina
Reshiram
Zekrom
Kyurem
Xerneas
Yveltal
Zygarde
Cosmog
Cosmoem
Solgaleo
Lunala
Necrozma
Zacian
Zamazenta
Eternatus
Calyrex
Koraidon
Miraidon

Terapagos

Mew
Celebi
Jirachi
Deoxys
Phione
Manaphy
Darkrai
Shaymin
Arceus
Victini
Keldeo
Meloetta
Genesect
Diancie
Hoopa
Volcanion
Magearna
Marshadow
Zeraora
Meltan
Melmetal
Zarude

Nihilego
Buzzwole
Pheromosa
Xurkitree
Celesteela
Kartana
Guzzlord
Poipole
Naganadel
Stakataka
Blacephalon

Great Tusk
Scream Tail
Brute Bonnet
Flutter Mane
Slither Wing
Sandy Shocks
Iron Treads
Iron Bundle
Iron Hands
Iron Jugulis
Iron Moth
Iron Thorns
Roaring Moon
Iron Valiant
Walking Wake
Iron Leaves

Raging Bolt
Iron Crown
Ancient Entei
Future Terrakion

Surely this means we'll get new Ultra Beasts in the future.

Right?

I'm doing a comparison between the DLC TM moves in SV and the last game those moves were teachable in (either as TM or Tutor) and so far my most hilarious finding is that WAY more Pokémon GAINED Knock Off (38) than lost access to it (13). And the losing access list is soooo funny.

Gastly
Haunter
Scyther
Azurill
Shuppet
Alomomola
Cryogonal
Pawniard
Bisharp
Landorus
Mareanie
Toxapex
Steenee

Prevos of guys who still get it but have small or no arms. Cryogonal who it always seemed weird on. Then just PEX LANDO BISHARP ALOMO BYEBYE LOOOOLLLL

Reactions: CPU
Random thought; we know from Khu that the type lanterns were referencing the Loyal Three and Ogrepon. However, the Ghost typing has a very conspicuous absence. We know from one of his posts that Ghost belongs to Ogrepon. What if, through the power of belief channeled through Terapagos, Ogrepon gets a Tera Form resembling the big oni from the story boards that's Ghost type?

Was thinking about how Kleavor seems to be on deck to be part of the Blueberry dex.

At first I thought it might land on Perrin. The end of her quest line all but says we'll see her again in Part 2, presumably with the Growlithe now an Arcanine, and getting another Hisui Pokemon just seems in line with that.

But then I remembered Lucy. We know she's the fairy E4 at this point, but I'm guessing they'll work like Paldea's Gym Leaders and rather than same type tera on their "partner pokemon" (ie: Drayden is not terastalyzing Archaludon, but that one is probably the partner pokemon) they terastalyze a different Pokemon that still fits their theme. In this case we've speculated that Lucy is Clay's daughter (or granddaughter? related to him somehow) and hey he's a mine owner (so a rock type that evolves with black aurgurite isn't that disssimilar even without a ground type) whose ancestor was the warden for Kleavor. A double reference!

Khu made a few new tweets today, so I’ll compile them here.

Khu talking about the 7 + 8 + 1 tweet. Seems to imply the + 1 isn’t just some unrelated movie mythical.

Mentions of the Dipplin evo being “similar to blood moon” and related to Perrin.

Finally, Khu retweeted this post, which usually means a connection to something true. Implies the floating head thing is in fact a Pokémon, and seems to be more Glimmora-like, not a pig.

Khu made a few new tweets today, so I’ll compile them here.

Khu talking about the 7 + 8 + 1 tweet. Seems to imply the + 1 isn’t just some unrelated movie mythical.

Mentions of the Dipplin evo being “similar to blood moon” and related to Perrin.

Finally, Khu retweeted this post, which usually means a connection to something true. Implies the floating head thing is in fact a Pokémon, and seems to be more Glimmora-like, not a pig.
For 7 + 8 + 1, maybe it's Teal Mask + Indigo Disk + Area Zero epilogue? So "1" would most likely be Terapagos, but that doesn't match up with the "1" not having forms.

For Dipplin evo, I think it's partly a reference to how Ursaluna was in the Kitakami dex despite its pre-evolutions being no shows. Then you need to do Perrin's Indigo Disk quests to unlock Dipplin's evo method.

For 7 + 8 + 1, maybe it's Teal Mask + Indigo Disk + Area Zero epilogue? So "1" would most likely be Terapagos, but that doesn't match up with the "1" not having forms.

For Dipplin evo, I think it's partly a reference to how Ursaluna was in the Kitakami dex despite its pre-evolutions being no shows. Then you need to do Perrin's Indigo Disk quests to unlock Dipplin's evo method.
Maybe it's the momotaro mon? Not related to the AZ epilogue (which I imagine would have the other paradoxes anyway), but something we go back to Kitakami to wrap up the story of.

Maybe it's the momotaro mon? Not related to the AZ epilogue (which I imagine would have the other paradoxes anyway), but something we go back to Kitakami to wrap up the story of.
Not a bad explanation, but that brings us down to 7 Pokémon in the indigo disc, when it has confirmed 8. I could see there being an extra mon we don’t know there, but I could legitimately see it being a Pokémon they just intentionally scrubbed or something.

Not a bad explanation, but that brings us down to 7 Pokémon in the indigo disc, when it has confirmed 8. I could see there being an extra mon we don’t know there, but I could legitimately see it being a Pokémon they just intentionally scrubbed or something.
I mean if Momotaro was the "extra" then the 8th Disk could just be i dunno the chimecho evo people have kind of convinced themselves of. Or the hypothetical partner of Lucy (or both I mean it could be a Chimecho i guess).

I mean if Momotaro was the "extra" then the 8th Disk could just be i dunno the chimecho evo people have kind of convinced themselves of. Or the hypothetical partner of Lucy (or both I mean it could be a Chimecho i guess).
Eh. The Chimecho evo stuff feels like a little bit of a random association; he probably did that with Lacey because her type isn’t as obvious as the other 3. Her ace being Chimecho wouldn’t be any weirder than Grusha having Altaria.

But yeah. Could definitely see the +1 being momotaro. Not even sure how to even talk about it if it isn’t; because it’s a Pokémon we really have 0 context of beyond it being important and hidden in a Khu hint somewhere.

Eh. The Chimecho evo stuff feels like a little bit of a random association; he probably did that with Lacey because her type isn’t as obvious as the other 3. Her ace being Chimecho wouldn’t be any weirder than Grusha having Altaria.
1694892530834.png

A possible clue is that Chimecho is hanging out with Yanma, Munchlax, and Poltchageist. Even before Poltchageist was confirmed to evolve, people pointed out Chimecho's hanging out with a bunch of pre-evolved Pokemon.

But yeah. Could definitely see the +1 being momotaro. Not even sure how to even talk about it if it isn’t; because it’s a Pokémon we really have 0 context of beyond it being important and hidden in a Khu hint somewhere.
Mine main problem with Lacey is that we have unsued not-Ace Gen 9 Fire Types (Ceruledge, Scovillain, Blaze Breed Tauros) and Steel-types (Gholdengo, Orthworm) but no Fairy Types. Both Tinkaton and Dashbun are Ace Pokemon of Penny and Ortega and giving Lacey a non-gen 9 Ace will be a bit boring. Maybe something like Primarina or A-Ninetales would get a pass.

Last edited:

I think khuy supposedly hinted at something vaguely akin to Chimecho which alongside the focus on windchimes in one of the trailers got people thinking.
I'm chime-neutral, but Lacey-partner-positive (bit of an oops on my part, kept saying Lucy) .

I'm really wondering when Indigo Disc release date together with some more info will drop.
Regulation E ends January 1st so probably around early/mid december for a release. Then probably an info drop somewhere in one of october or november with a smaller reveal in the other month.

View attachment 552600
A possible clue is that Chimecho is hanging out with Yanma, Munchlax, and Poltchageist. Even before Poltchageist was confirmed to evolve, people pointed out Chimecho's hanging out with a bunch of pre-evolved Pokemon.
This is one of those things where if it does happen I could understand it being a hint. But would just be hasty with assuming stuff like this; the developers could have just wanted some very small Pokémon for the framing of the image or to test or something. R_N mentioned there being something vaguely Khu related to it, and I’ll have a look to see that. It’s an understandable thing to believe either way I just think it’s a tad hasty.

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I think the Momotaro Pokemon, aka the presumed leader of the Loyal Three, is that 8th Pokemon we don't know about in Indigo Disk. The Loyal Three are called "Retainer Pokemon" which implies they have a leader, and that could very well be one of our 8 Pokemon in ID.

Take that in tandem with the rest we know, and that makes the 8 new mons in Indigo Disk the following:

1. Archaludon
  2. Dipplin evolution
  3. Momotaro Pokemon (Loyal Three Leader)
  4. Raging Bolt
  5. Iron Crown
  6. Ancient Entei
  7. Future Terrakion
  8. Terapagos
There was always one ambiguous slot among them but that one spare slot being the Loyal Three's leader and another sub-legendary is very believable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)