Scavengers Ladder Cycles

Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 7.30.21 PM copy.png
Art shamelessly taken from Tiki

UGO Puzzle Weekend is over! Check out the puzzles and solutions here!

Leaderboard

First Place: Pepsimen: Zero Sugar [03:32:27] (consisting of 111ace111, aegii, broil, cheese555, and xhiglocke)
Second Place: Pepsimen: Real Sugar [05:49:36] (consisting of Guishark, Henka, HeroicTobias, LittEleven, and WeepingDevil)
Third Place: buzzle idiots [08:22:16] (consisting of Aliyxcia, ShadowTheHedgehog8, Shaz4m, and xx_CBT_xx)
Fourth Place: WNAC [10:14:28] (consisting of eblurb, Nuxl, ScorrchingTheaph, Whydon, and zorquax)
Fifth Place: team name [17:45:56] (consisting of DarkShinyGiratina, Devoxys, and pokemonvortex)
Consolation Prize goes to:
cheese555 sucks [18:27:42] (consisting of cheese555 sucks)
PUZZLE GANG PUZZLE GANG [19:03:07] (consisting of awa, Emboar02, RavioliQueen, and Tidal Otter)
Spice Girls [48:05:39] (consisting of Alexander489, NewsDan, Ocean09, Pisxel, and Spiderz)
praiserufflets [58:26:01] (consisting of ajhockeystar, Andy Snype, Ayia, and Drookez)

In total there were...
- 16 teams with at least one puzzle solved
- 118 correct answers submitted
- 366 incorrect answers submitted
- 34 hints given

First solves per puzzle

Survivor: PUZZLE GANG PUZZLE GANG (00:53:48)
Battle Dome: praiserufflets (00:38:41)
Trivia: buzzle idiots (00:08:09)
Mafia: buzzle idiots (00:21:28)
Game Corner: Pepsimen: Zero Sugar (00:33:25)
Transfusion: Pepsimen: Real Sugar (02:00:22)
Dance Moves: buzzle idiots (00:47:45)
Ups and Downs: Pepsimen: Zero Sugar (00:57:21)
Left and Right: Pepsimen: Zero Sugar (01:05:55)
Yin-Yang: Pepsimen: Zero Sugar (03:43:05)
Ring Binder: Pepsimen: Zero Sugar (03:32:27)

First solve of the hunt: Trivia by buzzle idiots (00:08:09)
Last solve of the hunt: Mafia by praiserufflets (59:35:39)

Most solved puzzle: Game Corner and Trivia at 15 solves
Least solved puzzle: Left and Right, Yin-Yang, and Ring Binder at 9 solves

Most accurate finisher: Pepsimen: Zero Sugar finishing the hunt with 9 incorrect guesses
Least accurate finisher: Spice Girls finishing the hunt with 60 incorrect guesses
Special mention: Team 1 with 5 solves and 76 incorrect guesses.

Special shoutouts to team cheese555 sucks for being the only solo-team to finish!

Guesses per puzzle

Survivor

Most common incorrect guess - BIGBROTHER (8 times)

Team PUZZLE GANG PUZZLE GANG guessed YESIKNOWIMBEINGWATCHEDBYTHEFBIPLEASEIWANTTOANSWERTHIS

Battle Dome

Most common incorrect guess - INVERTHUES (12 times)

Team Drying Pan guessed SEUH
Team Verdant guessed COLORCHANGE

Trivia

Most common incorrect guess - COURSE, DRIFT, and MELTDOWN (3 times) ice age spammers >:[

Mafia

Most common incorrect guess - none (Several guesses guessed exactly 1 time)

Team Pepsimen: Zero Sugar guessed TREASONZOO

Game Corner

Most common incorrect guess - QWILFISHAWLUCHARCHENOGUARDUALCHOPERRSERKEREGIELEKINTELEONICKITOGEKISSTUNFISK (9 times)

Team praiserufflets guessed LANDPIRATES

Transfusion

Most common incorrect guess - BLOODBORNE and BLOODHOUND (2 times)

Dance Moves

Most common incorrect guess - INFERNO (5 times)

Ups and Downs

Most common incorrect guess - UNDERCOVER (4 times)

Left and Right

Most common incorrect guess - LEMONBROOM (2 times)

Yin-Yang

Most common incorrect guess - REDHERRING (3 times) source code scouters >:[

Team Pepsimen: Real Sugar guessed
1615976408060.png

Team Drying Pan guessed IMPOSSIBLE and UNSOLVABLE.

Ring Binder

Most common incorrect guess - RUNRINGSAROUND (2 times)

Team cheese555 sucks guessed KNOCKITOFF and KNOCKOFFIT
Team jagdschein guessed PUNISHMENT and SWITCHEROO
Team Pepsimen: Real Sugar guessed RINGITSDOORBELL

Miscellaneous

Transfusions
had 22 incorrect guesses starting with BLOOD.
Battle Dome had 43 incorrect guesses starting with "INV" (INVERT/INVENT/INVEST)
NEVERGONNAGIVEYOUUPNEVERGONNALETYOUDOWNNEVERGONNARUNAROUNDANDDESERTYOUNEVERGONNAMAKEYOUCRYNEVERGONNASAYGOODBYENEVERGONNATELLALIEANDHURTYOU was guessed 6 times, 5 of which was Team 1 guessing it on every open puzzle they had.

Credits

Survivor
written by lovemathboy
Battle Dome written by lovemathboy
Trivia written by lovemathboy
Mafia written by Level 51
Game Corner written by lovemathboy
Transfusion written by moo
Dance Moves written by Level 51
Ups and Downs written by Level 51
Left and Right written by Level 51
Yin-Yang written by lovemathboy
Ring Binder written by Level 51

Special thanks to PartMan for providing the bot and being a nerd and aQrator for the admin work!

Last edited:
Hosted an Alphabet Odyssey for UGO on March 17th, 1 P.M. EDT (5 P.M. GMT).

Thanks to aQrator and Tapler for QC'ing.

1st place: Ninetales Alolan<3
2nd place:
Bronzecrank
3rd place: someone might suck
4th place:
acluous ◑_◑
5th place:
Litt♥Eleven
Consolation Prize: CynicCyndaquil, 111ace111

"Welcome explorer! I'm glad you've decided to join us for this nice excursion hosted at the 2021 Ultimate Gaming Olympics!" You are greeted by the captain of the expedition. Everyone here is looking for... something. A man in a business suit glances at you and walks over. "Hello there. I'm the financer for this trip. Here's my card." Seems like he's looking to make connections. You examine the card. Huh? According to the card, he's a Trainer? And this card is in an ancient script. You've also seen three other cards just like it, but the text is slightly different. What's this card?|Alph Lithograph
Strange. The captain gestures for everyone to head in. Near the entrance, the captain warns everyone about the dangerous hybrid Pokemon wandering around inside. You've heard about this before. You remember that certain Pokemon can cause hybridization, but which one was the one from Yellow again?|Q ◣
The team makes their way in. Up until now, you've been going with the flow, but you finally remember the other reason you went on this expedition: an old friend of yours was coming along as well! A while back, he gave you an app for your watch that showed the last 12 Pokemon that you've obtained. Quite useful considering your memory... uh, what did he look like again? If you could only remember his Trainer Class...|Ruin Maniac
Ah. You spot your friend and catch up to him. "Oh hey! I was Hoping you'd come. Hopefully we can get along together as always. I Hope we find some cool stuff." Your friend notices the confused look on your face. "Come on, don't tell me you don't know where we are! You at least remember that rare Pokemon I was talking about a few weeks ago, right?" Uh, what was that Pokemon again? Considering his profession, you surmise it shouldn't be too hard to figure out.|Tapu Fini
"So you did remember! That's a first." Your friend laughs. "That's right. Did you hear? One of Misty's sisters is on the expedition with us!" You ask him which one. "Erm... the one that sounds like that one famous Pokemon groomer. Sorry, I'm bad with names." You think you see her a bit farther ahead. She's talking with some other people... actually, her voice sounds a lot like that cute bunny from that one television show you watched as a child, over 15 years ago. What was the name of that show...?|Onegai My Melody
Trudging on, you and your friend reminisce about your past expeditions together. This is the final ruin on Alola that you have yet to explore. It's much more rocky than the one near that jungle. "I remember that jungle. We ran into some ne'er-do-wells. Team Rory Rocket, I think? They tried to stop us with puzzles. I never did figure out why their boss Rory Mercury wanted to Beat Up Painter Espeon." Oh that one's easy. You didn't go through the entirety of the third Ultimate Gaming Month for nothing. There's no way you'd forget the answer: "He thought it was..."|Justified
"Remember the ruins in the desert? I was sweating in places I didn't even know I could sweat!" You don't really remember that desert, but you instead recall the time in a different desert where you fought a Sigilyph. You even got a pseudo-legend as a reward! Wait, that's strange... you could've sworn this Pokemon's evolution was there too, but you guess you were remembering incorrectly.|Yamask
The third ruin the two of you explored was quite harrowing. Someone sent a ninja after the two of you! The secret of eternal life the ruins were rumored to hold would be the discovery of the century, so it's no surprise that you would be attacked. The Poisonous-looking ninja assaulted you with a Golbat before you could even react! The two of you ran into the ruins, sending a cauldron of Zubat flying out. Strangely, despite using a Golbat, it didn't seem she had much affinity with Zubat, and she was gone before you knew it. You wonder what her name was...|Nene
Your chatter comes to an abrupt stop when you bump into the people in front of you. It seems the group has stopped. The captain seems to be arguing with... a robot? Or an actor from Tron. "Where did you get that suit?" So it was a suit... "The owner should be in Lumiose! The creator should be behind bars!" The robot finally speaks up. "Oh, he's out now. Seems like he wasn't entirely reformed." "The creator of the suit escaped? So you got the suit from...!?"|Xerosic
"No, his sentence is finished." It seems the captain is done with talking. He sends out his Pokemon to attack the robot. The robot dodges and takes out a... a card? They throw the card at the Pokemon, and it suddenly turns into a pointed hammer! It hits the Pokemon, draining it of Energy. "Good thing you attacked first. This card would've been useless otherwise." Just what in the world was that card!?|Wait and See Hammer
You hear a voice from behind. "Go, Lycanroc!" A Lycanroc with a big red gem on its neck leaps forth, tackling the robot. Caught off guard, the robot is helpless to the Lycanroc's attack. The robot falls backwards, falling into a pool of water below. The Lycanroc turns into a Rockruff. Wait.. it turned back into a Rockruff!? "Good job!" You turn towards the voice. Just who is this boy? "Oh you know, just someone heading towards a new..."|Horizon
It's time for the commercial break! Here's a trailer for a new movie coming out. There's a group of dancing Pikachu that is rudely interrupted by Pikachu Libre and her gang! Luckily, a hero is here to save the day! Also, some voice actors make a cameo appearance: keep an eye out for the hero's voice actor! I wonder who we should keep an eye out for?|Ikue Ohtani
Now here's a special message on internet safety from Ash and his friends. If you feel threatened by a bully, immediately get help from an adult! Time to watch... Pop quiz! I hope you were paying attention. Who owns the laptop?|Zoey
The expedition team regroups, and after some light discussion, everyone decides to press onward. After a bit of a trek, you finally end up in the innermost room of the ruins. The captain climbs the stairs to examine the peacock of leaves behind the platform. The captain reports his findings from above. "There's just an ancient stone statue here." The captain says this, but there's clearly a shadowy aura radiating behind him. Perhaps he encountered SCP-173? You tell the captain to turn around. Upon realizing that something was indeed there, not to mention right behind him, he tumbles backwards, but the team manages to catch him. On the platform stood the rumored Tapu Fini, but slightly darker than envisioned. The shadow engulfed the Legendary Pokemon, and its eyes were red with malice. You have some experience dealing with shadowy Pokemon, and luckily you brought an item just in case something like this happened. You pull out the item, prepared to play it to summon a Mythical Pokemon to deal with the shadow. You got it from a windmill by using a certain item to ride a spaceship. Coincidentally, you can also use a different item and the spaceship will fly to this location, where you fought a cheater who hacked their Pokemon or something.|Under Colosseum
You play a melodious tune, and Celebi descends from... the ceiling. You're not sure how that works. Regardless, Celebi flies around the Tapu Fini, slowly removing the shadow surrounding it. Celebi flies off into... the ceiling.. after the purification is done. Tapu Fini, having regained its senses, seems to be challenging the group to a battle. Suddenly, the earth begins to shake and a voice comes from behind. "You didn't think you could get rid of me that easily, do you?" The robot is back, emerging from a crevice in the ground. The pit suddenly bursts with purple light. You've seen this before: it's a spot that holds tremendous power. Shielding your eyes, you reach in your backpack and pull out a shiny gem, tossing it into the pit. The earth starts to rumble once more, and something emerges from the hole. Something huge. Something... that's not Butterfree? Huh? You could've sworn it was supposed to be Butterfree. The Explorer's Guild distributed them with their periodicals as part of a special collaboration with Science Noodles (look it up if you care; they're good), but you got it an early copy with your connections. What exactly has appeared (using its official name, not its PS name)?|Gigantamax Corviknight
Corviknight flaps its wings, sending gale-force winds towards the robot. Unfortunately, you are also caught up in the turbulent winds, and your explorer's garments start to tear. You're unable to find something to hold onto, and as the winds are flinging you everywhere, you brace yourself as you fly towards the pit... ... ... You wake up inside what seems to be a manor. Some dapper yet heinous-looking Pokemon stare at you. You seem to have interrupted their party game. "Hey." The tough-looking Machamp with a cigar addresses you. "Why ain't you wid the rest of them Olympians? Youse have some bidness wid The Council?" ...The Council? The Empoleon with a pocket watch notices your confused stare. "No matter. Why don't you join our little game?" The Scizor with an eyepatch chimes in. "I think that's a great idea. You know what's a Greater Idea? For you all to stop being scum and making the game unbalanced!" What room are you in...?|Mafia
"Don't join their game." That voice—it's the robot! You turn around and see the bane of your existence standing before you. The Scizor retorts. "Oi! What's the big idea! We're just trying to have a little fun here. Go back to your gambling and taking risks or whatever." The Empoleon tells Scizor to calm down. "It matters not. He's an acquaintance of mine. We play golf together. Why don't we play with him as well? As they say: the more the merrier." Who is this robot? "I go by many names. I used to be a Santa, too. But you can call me Sir..."|Vivor
"Anyways, I don't want to play your stupid game. I am here for the person laying on the carpet." He seems to be referring to you. "Who else is sprawled all over the carpet?" Fair point. "We have places to go. Come." Sir Vivor sends out a small, purple Pokemon not from this world. Just looking at it makes you feel sticky. The Pokemon conjures up a wormhole. "To use its power, you have to supply it a type of location and the region of the location. We can then .travel to that location by entering the wormhole." You're not entirely sure what he means, but it seems like a game. You wonder what you should call this game...|Poipole's Regional Portals
Despite having lingering doubts, you step into the portal. You immediately recognize the location once you emerge. These are the Ruins of Alph! But why here? Strangely enough, you see some Wimpod scurrying around. There's also a Pyukumuku. Suddenly, you hear a voice in your head. "Good. I see you made it safely." You look around. Sir Vivor is no where to be seen. "I'm using a Pokemon to talk to you telepathically. It used to be owned by some former Room Owners... anyhow, I need you to solve the secrets of these ruins. The key is with that Pyukumuku over there." Looks like you need to __find__ out the answer to a puzzle. Before that, you wonder what Pokemon Sir Vivor was using?|Espeon
You walk up to the Pyukumuku. It extends a hand, handing you a key. You guess Sir Vivor really meant a key. You scan your surroundings for a keyhole. There's one. You insert the key, and unlock... something. You realize now that a random keyhole in the wall is quite strange. But not as strange as the Arrow Rain heading towards you! You quickly dodged out of the way. It barely missed. Still, that had quite the wide range. You turn toward the direction of the arrows. Standing there is a statue with some sort of weapon. It might be a statue of Buddha, because it's currently using a Tranquil Technique! You get up close, and due because of its choice of weapon, you're now at an advantage. You steal its weapon and Rupture the statue! With the statue defeated, you look in awe at the weapon in your hand. Just what is this weapon?|Longbow
You see that a gate has opened up behind the destroyed statue. You enter it. It's a gruesome sight to behold. Bodies are strewn across the floor, but distinctly in two teams. One of the teams has one more dead body than the other. There's a question on the wall, and it seems that the wall has been written on quite a few times. It was a battle of wits: instead of throwing objects, these people threw out answers. The team who got an answer wrong had to eliminate someone. Only one person made it out alive, it seems. Luckily, it wasn't Turbo Mode. You wonder what this minigame was called...|Dodgeball
As you make your way through the ruins, you notice an odd grid filled with X's and O's and depictions of a Pokemon on the walls. Upon closer inspection, it seems to be telling the story of playing Tic-Tac-Toe with Pikachu on an island. The island's name seems to be in Japanese. Well, if you were a publishing company based in Singapore, how would you translate the island's name?|Salt Island
Salt... hm. You take out some smelling salts you have (just in case) and throw it at the wall. The wall immediately starts to dissolve. Behind the wall is a small, but familiar, device. Upon closer inspection, a platformer minigame has been loaded, and data for the maps has already been scanned. You just need to load some player data. You grab a Supporter card from your bag. The card is perfect for someone like you, and it has the best stats and the most Poke Balls in this minigame. You scan the long strip and prepare to play this minigame... what is it called?|Construction: Action
You beat the minigame with ease. Your prize drops from above. It's the rare Jerry Girl comic! Well, at least you think it's rare. Who drew this anyway?|Ken Sugimori
Your other prize is being able to progress. A door opens up, and you're met with a beautiful sight. All sorts of flowers and beautiful plants cover the ground. The sky is dominated by towering trees. The most peculiar part is the diverse amount of Pokemon living in this huge room. This seems to be the original Pokemon community, home to a wealth of information about Pokemon. News about this place would be a major topic on internet forums for a while. What should you call this place (full name)?|Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden
You think you've finally found what you're looking for. The center of the garden has a little pedestal with a book on it. Your pocket starts to warm up. The business card from earlier! You grab the other three Alph Lithographs from your backpack and place it on the book. The pedestal begins to glow. A vision comes to you. It's two Xerneas battling. They only have Outrage. Everything else is banned, no Luck-Based-Strategies allowed. What kind of battle is this?|Final Destination
The vision ends, and everything returns to normal. The book is now open. You begin to read. It tells the story of a person, a connoisseur of a certain Pokemon and also crucial to the making of the event you are participating in right now, taking care of a good friend who has fallen ill. It's perfect, but there were many sacrifices along the way, so much so that the story became hard to read. You don't know when these sacrifices were made, but you know one thing: the sacrifices are the key to solving this final puzzle.|Iroha

I'd like to provide some explanations for some of the questions people found more difficult and give some commentary on the questions and the hunt in general. Honestly, I didn't think it would go up to 5.5 hours, so I thank everyone who gave it a shot even if they couldn't earn points for UGO. I hope you had fun with this hunt, because it was a lot of fun writing it.
Q1. I didn't think this would be as hard as it was, but now that I realize it, it's a bit hard to search for the Alph Lithograph in general. If you look through Trainer cards, it stands out a bit with the weird name, but I guess that wasn't sufficient.
Q4. I thought I wasn't being subtle by capitalizing "Hope," but I guess I was.
Q5. Rei Sakuma voices both Daisy and Suzie in the anime, and she also voices My Melody. I thought that all alts were checked for (thank you Tapler for your extensive work), but I missed Babs Bunny for some reason (on reassessment, we did find this, we just didn't think it was very credible). Luckily, an addition of the word "titular" was good enough to cover the remaining alts (I think).
Q6. I like referencing the first Puzzle Hunt a lot, but I suppose new people have a harder time catching on to this and finding it. You can find the results and answers to it in a Smogon post.
Q7. Ctrl+F desert on Sigilyph's page
Q10. The robot moves second.
Q14. This was also mildly difficult for some people. You just have to notice that it's referencing Shadow Pokemon and that you can "deal" with them with the Time Flute. From there you find where you can get a Time Flute, and that should lead you to the Under and the Under Colosseum.
Q15. Various elements of this question were referencing Dynamax Crystals (the Space Noodles were a nod to this, but were more or less flavor text). The Bulbapedia page for Dynamax Crystals explains the rest.
Q19. I was saddened by the fact that people didn't know about Scavengers mascots.
Q22. Here, you were supposed to use the fact that Cobalt Coast (Cobalt Island) has the same Japanese name as Cerise Island, and then use the Chuang Yi (Singaporean company) translation. I suppose the first step is a bit abstruse to find and execute.
Meta. The meta required you to notice that the answers each started with an unique letter of the alphabet. The "sacrifices" referred to the fact that you can't make a coherent sentence without inserting letters, of which you should get AROHI. I should have been a bit more clear on the [h]ELD term in the sentence. I also should have said the answer was perfect, as you were supposed to notice that it was a perfect pangram, and the Iroha is a perfect pangram in Japanese.

Last edited:

aQrator

Have a good day!
is a Battle Simulator Moderator
The first March ladder cycle has concluded.
Congratz to Ninetales Alolan<3, CynicCyndaquil and Litt♥Eleven for making the top 3!

RankNamePoints
1Ninetales Alolan<3529
2CynicCyndaquil238
3Litt♥Eleven216
4NewsDan♣171
5adiass164
6dot Comfey163
7yestrday161
8TurtalKatThing138
9Dratios134
10Vertigo06133
11aQrator109
12Luca12379108
13111ace111106
13BubidaJeffery¿♥?106
15i pH102
16Merlee97
17Computerwizard880093
18Pepsi Man 285
19Cheese555 is bad84
20celesteeal76
20acluous ◑_◑76
22boredcollegekid72
23quigontheflygon68
24DJ Milotic66
25bro torterra ☯63
26WarriorGallade62
27Teutonic✠Squire61
28GrubbinTheGreat57
29DarkShinyGiratina56
30eblurb55
30PenguinD55
32ScorrchingTheaph53
33aegii52
34cheese55550
35runescape_boy_42047
35Spiderz47
37powergo45
38p^_^okemonvortex.44
39Jojosefixu42
40doc120341
41Bronzecrank40
42Eina Tulle~✽39
43cleo38
43heroictobias38
45Sheepgo◼_◼moo36
46estanislau7731
47Dreamcatcher UwU29
48Cheese555 sucks27
49Archangel Izra'il26
49one for my baby26
51PartMan25
51se CTON iaser VANT25
51Henka25
54mcp2x24
55Flying Pichu~!23
56VigilanteVigoroth22
57Shadow Sirens. ♪21
58ProfSapling20
59tenzhii19
59woe unto you19
61RespectPickles18
61OHKOff⁇18
61frozoid18
64yeet dab xd17
64sIang17
64tommy ege17
67wa/ll#ape16
68schaillop (15
69gallant's pear14
69CountDracula12014
71sceptorus13
71Hokatsuki 火影13
71guishark13
74dusoebaa12
74Rands House12
76PokeGuyCena11
76tidal otter11
76sananaskanana (11
76BoltSapphire *_*11
80Vrji❄10
80TpOi200610
80killerASCII10
83kanupaku9
83V sauce mikeV9
83omegaxl9
83AndrewThePenguin9
87Sir Tetris ⌐▭‿▭8
87Outer Wilds8
87Ocean098
87scoobydoobydrew8
91R2Cv1!7
91Alexander4897
91Discordual7
94Add234566
94Mystiphox6
94Soft Flex6
94Marshadow2026
94Gargoyle316
94someone might suck6
100Cargney Carnation5
100lfolfo5
100gregoris45
100Found. then? Lost!5
100zipzapadam²5
100Tapler ❀5
100crepuscular goomy5
100Vector55575
100baldrickroll5
100p0ip0le ∆5
100kalifguest22 (5
100mAdAmKiRa!UzUmAkI5
112pisxel ♥4
112Wan the Avatar4
112Parcly Taxel4
112T+L=The Legend4
112Lady Monita4
112mukachiki4
112Milo008 ⌐◼_◼4
112awa4
112mauby ✓ bark4
121YveltalNL3
121mgperson3
121Lyndon J Bohnson3
121zyg3
121WishMasterJirachi3
121Fmaj73
121galarianbldoof3
121Kiawe lol3
121Diee•Roook3
121articoo!!!3
121ScorrchlngTheaph3
121Jablinx3
121LJB143
121Joshua Plays3
121wape3
136SaltiestCactus432
136SergioRules2
136beware of poodle2
136Andrew2
136Fusionny12
136Jorge280552
136AGY6452
136Asxier2
136Wave ≡ Psycho2
136Edjeanerations➼2
136smartb122
136dawnash2
136mfsalvador2
136fear火fire火222
136Stealdude2
136Altinox2
152delphi riddle ❤1
152skiddo1
152Auroura_Wolf1
152K1TE✦1
152Spearit Shackle1
152PegoPlays135421
152RedBeaver5401
152TheIceDash1
152Mishlef1
152a123456789boy1
152WaterMaster7821
152AbuBatata1
152K!ngIndeedeedee1
152ruby1
152Mike the Entei1
152budgetbobbyfischer1
152KawaiiiiPotato✿1
152TheStarmanLord1
152xhiglocke1
152Midnightsecrets1
152100 gecs fan1
152anonymous1361
152NatDex is bad1
152Grimm✠Squire1
152s mi i1
152StTotteringhamsDay1
152Annaoceancat1
152clammer91
152Bipedalist Llamas1
152Keldeo♩Justified1
152socool231
152Felucia1
152Emboar021
152Claire the Sheep1
152Sword Legionis1
152Cyllage1
152vagabundo651
152The_Dropman1
152jjev1
152Deranged Cow1
152SpecterReaper1
152Hanzomain71
152Mega Eevee X1
152saltvik1
152Benjgbro1
The twist for March is (still) Stylish Weeks! This month, special game styles will be hosted more often, including Scavenger Games, Jump Starts, KO Games, Point Rallies, Incognito Hunts, and more!

Lastly, a big congratz to our newest room driver, TurtalKatThing! May you prosper in your new role.

Come back with a vengeance and start off the second mid-UGO March ladder right now!

aQrator

Have a good day!
Last night, the UGO team scavs were held, and true to the elite four fashion, it was a large challenge. I hope everyone enjoyed it!
Thank you to lovemathboy, LittEleven, PartMan and Dot Agumon for helping me create and QCs the respective questions.

The official scavenger hunt by partman, aQrator, lovemathboy, p^_^okemonvortex., and Litt♥Eleven was ended automatically.
1st place: yestrday [03:14:15].
(yestrday, luca12379 and grubbinthegreat)
2nd place: CynicCyndaquil [03:35:53]. (CynicCyndaquil, p0ip0le and devoxys)
3rd place: 111ace111 [04:01:59]. ( 111ace111, Mystiphox and jojosefixu)
4th place: cheese555 [04:10:38]. (cheese555, someonemightsuck and tpoi2006)
5th place: adiass [05:12:54]. (adiass, acluous and sheepgomoo)

1) The Scavengers Elite 4 and Champion welcome you to your final Scavengers UGO challenge. Hi, I am PartMan and with my trusty Partbot I have created a special puzzle. Presenting, Port: [non-Z, non-(G)Max Move that does not share a type with any others in this port] x18 xsciss originpul seedfla re stealth rocksma shadowpun chatt erupt iondelu gear up roarofti memen tox iciclespe aromaticmi stompingtantrum / You may continue. The next member is expecting your arrival.
2) I am aQrator, the second member of the elite 4. I brought 3 special puzzles for you to solve, some of which may be familiar to those that have witnessed my past hunts. Answer A, B, C in that order. Puzzle A: https://pastebin.com/BcyW75XM Puzzle B: https://imgur.com/a/t0wj8tE Puzzle C: https://pastebin.com/DmhpeJTY. ability: metang registeel, color: espeon gastly, gen: Articuno Venusaur, tier: Coalossal Gourgeist, type: Kabuto Sobble - 3CD, 3BC, 2CD - COD2013, FireExpert487, Knuckles72 / ability: metang registeel, color: espeon gastly, gen: Articuno Venusaur, tier: Coalossal Gourgeist, type: Kabuto Sobble - 2CD, 2AB, 4DE - COD2013, FireExpert487, Knuckles72 / ability: metang registeel, color: espeon gastly, gen: Articuno Venusaur, tier: Coalossal Gourgeist, type: Kabuto Sobble - 2CD, 4DE, 1AB - COD2013, FireExpert487, Knuckles72 / ability: metang registeel, color: espeon gastly, gen: Articuno Venusaur, tier: Coalossal Gourgeist, type: Kabuto Sobble - 3CD, 6BC, 2CD - COD2013, FireExpert487, Knuckles72 / Well done. You have completed my trial. The next Elite 4 member will continue the challenge
3) Hi there, I'm lovemathboy, resident puzzle lord (alongside Level 51) and third member of the Team Scavs Elite 4. I've got something special for you: http://spo.ink/TeamScavsE4. To answer this question, give the three 11 letter horizontal words from top to bottom. Future Sight, Melemele Sea, Malie Garden / You solved my cryptics :) (or did you just try and hangman it?) Pokemonvortex will be your next opponent. Good luck
4) My name is Pokemonvortex, the fourth and final Team Scavs Elite 4. I will not bother you with hard puzzles. Instead, I have some hard questions for you. Answer A, B, C in that order. A: Red was supposed to meet the player a lot earlier in a certain game. Additionally, the person who introduces him was supposed to give five of this item but instead gives five of this other item (singular, answer in order mentioned). B: This is the name of the award you get for catching 50 Pokemon in Pokemon Smile. C: In the debug build of Pokémon Red and Blue, the player can skip the rival battle at these two locations by holding down B. (Alphabetical order) Rare Candy, Great Ball - Brushing Champion - Cerulean City, Pokemon Tower / Well done getting past my questions. I have no further words for you, the champion awaits.
5) You walk up to the Champion, having beaten the Elite Four. You know you have one person left to face, and you know exactly who it is. All you have to do now, is say the right phrase. (http://spo.ink/TeamScavsFinalPuzzle) Soar On, Meicoo

Q1: pretty self explanatory, though the original question did not define the order of the types of the move. It has been edited as an extra hint to [bug type move] [water type move] [grass type move] [psychic type move] [rock type move] [fighting type move] [ghost type move] [flying type move] [fire type move] [electric type move] [steel type move] [normal type move] [dragon type move] [dark type move] [poison type move] [ice type move] [fairy type move] [ground type move]
Q2A: The only pairing possible with ability is metang and registeel.
There are only 2 tiering pairs: Gourgeist and Coalossal or Kabuto and Sobble. The only other way to pair up coalossal was with Kabuto by their type, or Sobble by their gen. So, the tiering must be Coalossal and Gourgeist.
The only way to pair Espeon was due to color with Gastly, so there is your third pair
This leaves Venusaur, Articuno, Kabuto and Sobble.
Sobble can only be paired with Kabuto by their type (since the color pairing can no longer be used)
This leaves Articuno and Venusaur as the final pair for gen.
Q2B: https://imgur.com/a/D5PvJtS (The intended answer. There were some others that also worked, but I don't have a recording of those)
Q2C: cod2013 was an impostor of doc1203, FireExpert487 was an impostor of WaterMaster782, and Knuckles72 was an impostor of Tails72
Q3: Be honest, how many of you did all 16 clues? Well if you want to know how they worked, here's an explanation of every clue:

AcrossAnswerExplanation
6Move unopened stitches in battle. (6,5)FUTURE SIGHTWordplay: Battle = FIGHT, Stitches = SUTURES, "unopened" implies without an opening: "_UTURES". UTURES inside FIGHT = F(_UTURES)IGHT | Defintion: "move"
7Check holding hand move (5)TRICKWordplay: Check = TICK, hand = R (an abbreviation for Right hand). TICK holding R is T(R)ICK | Definiton: "move"
8You can find this one by solving the others!MELEMELE SEA
14Mateless minuteman Pokémon (5)MINUNWordplay: Mateless (i.e. without "mate") minu(tema)n is MINUN | Definition: "Pokémon"
15Money move (5)POUNDDouble definition clue, pound is both a move and a type of money
16Engineer ideal German location (5,6)MALIE GARDENWordplay: "Engineer" is an anagram indicator, MALIE GARDEN is an anagram of "ideal German" | Definition: "location"

DownAnswerExplanation
1Pokémon first after whelp (6)CUBONEWordplay: first = ONE, whelp = CUB, ONE after CUB is CUBONE | Definition: "Pokémon"
2Ability of a deranged sleuth (6)HUSTLEWordplay: "deranged" is an anagram indicator. HUSTLE is an anagram of "sleuth" | Definition: "Ability"
3For example, ingrain Pokémon (6)REGICEWordplay: For example = E.G., grain = RICE, E.G. in RICE = R(E.G.)ICE | Definition: "Pokémon"
4Move flat rock containing Carracosta & Kabutops initially. (6)TICKLEWordplay: flat rock = TILE, "initially" is a wordplay indicator to take the first letter of Carracosta & Kabutops for C_ K_, TILE containing CK is TI(CK)LE | Definition: "move"
5Move change making knight rook (6)CHARGEWordplay: Knight = N, Rook = R (Chess abbreviations), replacing the N in "change" with R (as clued by "making") gives CHARGE | Definition: "Move"
8Sir Mike, one thousand English Pokémon (6)MRMIMESir = Mr., Mike = M (NATO phonetic alphabet), one = I, thousand = M (Roman numerals), English = E (Abbreviation for the subject) for MR + M + I + M + E | Definition: "move"
9Legendary Mexican moon above Los Angeles (6)LUNALAMexican moon = moon in spanish = LUNA, Los Angeles = L.A., LUNA above L.A. is LUNALA (since this is a down clue) | Definition: "Legendary"
10Pokemon found in Roman keyboard? (6)MANKEY"found in" is a hidden term wordplay indicator. Ro(man key)board for MANKEY | Definition: "Pokémon"
11Pokémon secretly slap rascals (6)LAPRAS"secretly" is a hidden term wordplay indicator. s(lap ras)cals for LAPRAS | Definition: "Pokémon"
12Firm ability (6)STURDYDouble definition. Sturdy is both an Ability and means to remain firm.
13Hearing about new Pokémon (6)AUDINOHearing = AUDIO, New = N, "about" is a containment indicator. AUDIO about N is AUDI(N)O | Definition: "Pokémon"

Q4A: https://tcrf.net/Proto:Pokémon:_Let's_Go,_Pikachu!_and_Let's_Go,_Eevee!/Early_Maps#Pewter_City
Q4B: https://smile.pokemon.com/en-us
Q4C: https://github.com/pret/pokered/blob/master/wram.asm#L1852
Q5: 1. the only moves that work are Fury Cutter and Ice Ball. of the Pokémon that learn the move in Conquest, only sealeo fits the description
2. The item is called the Discount Coupon
3. Glacia, Dawn and N all work, but only Glacia is a type expert.
4. https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Lucky_Lucky
5. https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Choice_Band
6. The Mr. Mime from Fire Red is called Mimien.
Once again, thank you all for joining and we hope you had fun!

Last edited:
Fish on March 28th at 12:00 EDT/16:00 GMT. A fish made to celebrate my first year in Scavengers, but it couldn't be done on the exact day I joined.
QCed by aQrator and PartMan (host)

1st place: Ninetales Alolan<3 [05:30].
2nd place: TurtalKatThing [08:22].
3rd place: DarkShinyGiratina [08:52].
4th place: BubidaJeff ery? [09:30].
5th place: CynicCyndaquil [12:21].
Consolation Prize: iph [18:15], Luca12379 [27:33], adiass [30:11], estanislau77 [42:42], Vertigo [46:25], SectoniaServant [51:11], Jojosefixu [55:50], blackburn009 [01:18:15], 111ace111 [01:28:45]

1) In Pokemon Masters EX, a certain sync move has the highest base power among all sync moves that contain 2 main series moves in its name, both of which appear in only one sync move, with one of the moves not having its name contained in the other. Name the sync pair that can use this move. (format as Trainer & Pokemon) [Piers & Obstagoon]
2) Piers is one of the Galarian gym leaders that does not use Gigantamax in their gym battle. Name all Gigantamax Pokemon that have been used at any point by such trainers. (alphabetical order, don't include Gmax) [Appletun Drednaw Flapple]
3) Appletun, Drednaw, and Flapple all share the same BST. One of the Pokemon with that same value for BST also has a unique ability, and that Pokemon has a unique value for a base stat. This Pokemon also has the same value for a different base stat, and that base stat is unique as well. [Garbodor]

Last edited:
reservin official hunt on march26 at 3 pm utc
1st place: p0ip0le ∆ [02:08].
2nd place: TurtalKatThing [02:11].
3rd place: Ninetales Alolan<3 [02:54].
4th place: dot Comfey [04:26].
5th place: tommy ege [05:03].
Consolation Prize: DarkShinyGiratina [05:08], adiass [05:29], CynicCyndaquil [09:01], dratios [17:54], Bronzecrank [18:43], SergioRules [27:05]

1) This is the only non-legendary/mythical Pokemon mentioned in the books inside Dimensional Research Laboratory. [Bronzong]
2) In a certain Pokemon TCG promotional card's artwork, a Litten is sleeping on a chair while this Pokemon knocks over some books on its head. [Chespin]
3) In Pokemon TCG, This ability has the same effect as Conkeldurr's TCG ability but uses different type of energy. [Metal Skin]

thanks to PartMan and aQrator for qc

may the pyuks be with you

Last edited:

Tapler

Coral Bitch
is a Top Social Media Contributor
Hosted a Coral Odyssey for AFD on April 2nd at 3:00am GMT, QCed by DSG and Turt.

1st place: CynicCyndaquil [01:35:29]
2nd place: celesteeal [01:36:12]
3rd place: p^_^okemonvortex. [02:44:47]
4th place: Computerwizard8800 [03:34:04]
5th place: 111ace111 [03:43:49]
6th place: Litt♥Eleven [03:45:41]

Consolation Prize: toxic boosted [04:21:29], PartMan [04:22:22], Gargoyle31 [04:42:31]

(Honorable mentions to acluous ◐_◑ and Qui-Gon the Flygon for making it to the last q)

1) Welcome to the Coral Odyssey. Yes, this is real. No, I’m not kidding. In every question, you’ll receive an imgur link showing a species of coral alongside some information about the species to help you identify it. Answer each q with the coral’s binomial scientific name. Use “/scavenge corals are good” continue.
2) https://imgur.com/a/rlEFYXP This is a member of the most common genus of corals on reefs. It is one of the three members of that genus that can be found in the Caribbean.
3) https://imgur.com/a/GReStpI This is a member of the most common genus of corals in jewelry stores. It was the first species of its genus to be described.
4) https://imgur.com/a/DHJlRvX This coral is endangered due to its use in jewelry, and as such, its export has been banned in a number of countries. Its shape is highly indicative of its species, and its species name is highly indicative of its shape.
5) https://imgur.com/a/OBadjXE This coral grows exclusively on antipatharians in a parasitic relationship. It was one of three new species described in the 2017 article that this picture is taken from.
6) https://imgur.com/a/PmyZSSO This coral is known for the symbiotic relationships it forms. It allows certain organisms to live inside of a hole in its skeleton and move it around as they forage, helping the coral avoid becoming buried in sand.
7) https://imgur.com/a/LbIWj71 This coral is one of the most closely-related extant species to Heteropsammia, but it is found in much cooler waters. It can be found in the intertidal zone or up to 500 metres deep.
8) https://imgur.com/a/8fbW6kQ This coral can be found in Balanophyllia elegans’ northern range, but tends to occur in much deeper water. This species’ colouration is quite variable.
9) https://imgur.com/a/C5o77eD This coral is more closely related Primnoa pacifica and Corallium rubrum than it is to any other answers so far. Note its distinctive white skeleton.
10) https://imgur.com/a/eGHQEVL This coral was placed in a new genus less than a year before Heliopora hiberniana’s discovery.
11) https://imgur.com/a/f1jlGdD This is the last q. You’re not getting any hints. The coral in question is outlined in red. Good luck.
1) corals are good
2) Acropora cervicornis
3) Corallium rubrum
4) Cirrhipathes spiralis
5) Antipathozoanthus cavernus
6) Heteropsammia cochlea
7) Balanophyllia elegans
8) Primnoa pacifica
9) Heliopora hiberniana
10) Fimbriaphyllia yaeyamensis; Fimbriaphyllia yaeyamaensis
11) Turbinaria reniformis
#Litt♥Eleven: this doesn't seem too bad
(20 minutes later)
#Litt♥Eleven: this was fine till i got hard stuck on a random q

toxic boosted: i've mispelled and been linked to golden corral too many times

@celesteeal: can't remember the last time i spent this long on a scavs question
@celesteeal: just kidding i can it was tapler's mk odyssey

@111ace111: you ever wonder if scavengers is just an experiment about how far people will go down a particular rabbit hole?
+rxdb: no
+rxdb: because we know it is

@Computerwizard8800: tapler the shit i find keep getting weirder
@Computerwizard8800: cant believe fortnite coral was the tip of the iceberg

PartMan has finished the hunt in 8th place! (04:22:22)
%PartMan: Nice hunt!
%PartMan: My Google Ads are gonna be interesting for a bit.
I’m not sorry.

Last edited:

aQrator

Have a good day!
The second March ladder cycle has wrapped up.
Congratz to Ninetales Alolan<3, Adiass and Vertigo for making the top 3!

1Ninetales Alolan<3440
2adiass237
3Vertigo208
4TurtalKatThing187
5LittEleven185
6DarkShinyGiratina162
7CynicCyndaquil159
8Computerwizard8800140
9NewsDan♣132
10dot Comfey120
11BubidaJeffery¿♥?106
12111ace111100
13acluous ◑_◑97
14DJ Milotic88
15Luca1237987
16iph82
16Bronzecrank82
18GrubbinTheGreat81
19Merlee79
20toxic boosted75
21someone might suck70
22Jojosefixu69
23boredcollegekid67
24Pepsi Man 261
25one for my baby60
26Qui-Gon the Flygon58
27aQrator57
28dratios53
29yestrday50
30bro torterra ☯42
31PartMan41
31estanislau7741
33p0ip0le35
34ProfSapling33
35cleo31
35SectoniaServant31
37aegii30
38mauby ✓ bark29
39RespectPickles28
40WarriorGallade26
40PenguinD26
42Dreamcatcher UwU23
42Flying Pichu~!23
44dOc1.2.0.320
44eblurb20
44tommy ege20
47Eina Tulle~✽16
48AndrewThePenguin15
48Discordual15
48cheese55515
48Shamrock Star15
52Shadow Sirens. ♪14
52OHKOff⁇14
54p^_^okemonvortex.13
54SaltiestCactus4313
56Sheep★go★moo12
57yeet dab xd11
57T+L=The Legend11
57powergo11
57gallant's pear11
61killerASCII10
61V sauce mikeV10
61Rand's House10
64BlackSupernova349
64Gargoyle319
64schaillop (9
67sananaskanana8
68Sir Tetris ⌐▭‿▭#7
68wallape7
68workingonthis7
71Jablinx6
71Jorge280556
71pants6
71Ugly God6
75Soft Flex5
75PokeGuyCena5
75Lamb★Of★Explosion5
75Altinox5
75BoltSapphire *_*5
75AGY6455
75GoomyGirl25
75You Will Repent5
83FakePart4
83A㋛Quails㋛Query4
83R2Cv1!4
83sIang4
83Joshua Plays4
83ScorrchingTheaph4
83SergioRules4
83Lady Monita4
83TpOi20064
83Marshadow2024
83zipzapadam²4
83mukachiki4
83Archangel Izra'il4
83Tapler ❀4
83Rory Mercury4
83OddenGaming4
83Hokatsuki火影~4
83FoolnGus & AmongUs4
101Steve4566643
101Ocean093
101LJB143
101WishMasterJirachi3
101aninterestingidea3
101smartb123
101blackburn0093
108The Alter2
108Add234562
108spellhole2
108Vrji❄2
108gregoris42
108guishark2
108Spiderz2
108The_Dropman2
108ezlaturbo2
108Juan13pro↝✞2
108smallworldz2
108BugBuzzing2
108Scanlation2
108negsan2
108An_Azurill \2
108scoobydoobydrew2
108Andrew2
108Yua9992
108estarossa2
127Auroura_Wolf1
127FlogameZ101
127alola71
127mgperson1
127kalifguest221
127Benjgbro1
127Cargney Carnation1
127Annaoceancat1
127COD20131
127tidal otter1
127sceptorus1
127micromorphic ‽1
127motogp²1
127smii1
127woe unto you1
127fear火fire火221
127SixPathsOfSpain1
127OwenRules1
127Mega Eevee X1
127FNRTJ1
127TheStarmanLord1
127daniel UX mur1
127YveltalNL1
127Raj 991
127xg118p8w1
127Shadecession1
127Qtierater1
127xhiglocke1
127Gwynt ^-^1
127Vector55571
127Lemmy ❄1
127Mystiphox1
127floooood1
127FourteenAlmonds1
127Talonswag1
127superpossible1
127Nightcore12731
127Grimmslee1
127rfaq bestpokemon1
127Fartios1
127am i lagging1
127Sir Kekris1
127JawJawBinks1

The twist for April is yes;yeet! All officials must have an alt called 'yeet' somewhere in the hunt.

The twist for April is Scavengers Any% Speedrun: 5 extra points are earnable for finishing a full official, minus one point for every two minutes it takes you to solve the hunt, capped at 10 minutes!

Lastly, a big congratz to our newest room driver, Iph! May you driving skill show itself well.

Good luck in the first April cycle!

Last edited:

aQrator

Have a good day!
Mini roundup:

The mini scavenger hunt by aQrator was ended automatically.
1st place: 111ace111 [02:37].
2nd place: Litt♥Eleven [07:29].
3rd place: PartMan [07:53].
Consolation Prize: Teutonic✠Squire [08:22], runescape_boy_420 [08:51], CynicCyndaquil [09:43], cheese555 [11:09], ProfSapling [12:00], adiass [14:50], BubidaJeffery¿? [16:22], yestrday [16:36], Penguin D [19:28], powergo [20:44], estanislau77 [28:11]

QC: Aegii

The mini scavenger hunt by LittEleven was ended automatically.
1st place: Ninetales Alolan<3 [06:39].
2nd place: WarriorGallade [18:20].
3rd place: mcp2x ⌐◼-◼ [18:56].
Consolation Prize: aegii [20:49], Pepsi Man 2 [27:19], adiass [29:05], Luca12379 [34:08], Discordual [42:15], articoo!!! [53:58], GrubbinTheGreat [55:54]

QC: Computerwizard8800

The mini scavenger hunt by aQrator was ended automatically.
1st place: aegii [09:32].
2nd place: Computerwizard8800 [16:28].
3rd place: Litt♥Eleven [26:50].
Consolation Prize: Ninetales Alolan<3 [30:05], Vertigo [30:40], adiass [31:53], Luca12379 [55:43]

QC: Andrew

The mini scavenger hunt by pants was ended automatically.
1st place: DarkShinyGiratina [02:22].
2nd place: acluous ◑_◑ [03:51].
3rd place: GrubbinTheGreat [04:38].
Consolation Prize: Computerwizard8800 [08:23], dot Comfey [10:16], BubidaJeffery¿♥? [10:27], Andrew [10:43], toxic boosted [12:24], TurtalKatThing [15:24], PenguinD [16:42], Merlee [18:10], mauby ✓ bark [37:41], estanislau77 [39:17], Dratios [39:27], SectoniaServant [46:57], Jojosefixu [56:02], CynicCyndaquil [01:00:29]

QCs: aQrator

Dear Pyuks, first official in April

20th at 3 PM UTC

1st place: Ninetales Alolan<3 [01:20].
2nd place: adiass [02:06].
3rd place: Luca12379 [02:41].
4th place: sIang [03:08].
5th place: DJ MILOTIC ) [03:17].
Consolation Prize: estanislau77 [04:38], WarriorGallade [04:53], Vertigo [05:24], onceinafoolmoon [06:05], Qui-Gon the Flygon [06:14], Devoxys [08:54]

Solution:
1) These Pokemon anime episodes first aired in the US on April 20th 2007 as a sneak peek. (alphabetically) [Following A Maiden's Voyage / Two Degrees of Separation / When Pokémon Worlds Collide]
2) This American professional wrestling event was held on April 20th 1986 and has a rap promotional music video similar to The Super Bowl Shuffle one year prior. [WrestleRock / WrestleRock 86 / AWA WrestleRock / AWA WrestleRock 86]
3) In the 42nd volume of Pokemon Adventures, Crystal uses this item to determine Arceus's strength. [level ball]

QC aQrator DarkShinyGiratina

Last edited:

aQrator

Have a good day!
The first April ladder cycle has concluded.
Congratz to Ninetales Alolan<3, Vertigo and Merlee for being this cycle's top 3!

1Ninetales Alolan<3207
2Vertigo191
3Merlee162
4adiass161
5Dratios140
6djmilotic138
7dot Comfey135
8Computerwizard8800134
9Litt♥Eleven132
10Bubida★Jeffery119
11TurtalKatThing107
12Luca12379100
13CynicCyndaquil86
14toxic boosted82
15Jojosefixu72
16111ace11171
17GrubbinTheGreat67
18estanislau7765
19Menace0261
20Qui-Gon the Flygon58
21WarriorGallade54
22acluous ⌐◐_◑53
23onceinafoolmoon52
24BroTorterra *_*49
25DarkShinyGiratina48
26aQrator45
27boredcollegekid36
28Pepsi Man 235
29celesteeal33
29p^_^okemonvortex.33
29NewsDan♣33
32PartMan30
33Bronzecrank29
34iph26
35AndrewThePenguin24
36Flying Pichu~!22
36schaillop )22
38one for my baby21
39yeet dab xd20
40RespectPickles18
40Kiawe lol18
40someone might suck18
43shadowsirens…17
44woe unto you16
45SectoniaServant13
46You Will Repent12
46LJB1412
46aegii12
49killerASCII11
49Hokatsuki火影~11
49ProfSapling11
52doc120310
52Sheep★go★moo10
52Soft Flex10
52aninterestingidea10
52pants10
57Sir Tetris#9
57gallant's pear9
57T+L=The Legend9
57sIang9
57wallape9
62mauby ✓ bark8
63AliasHallow7
63tidal otter7
63sananaskanana >_>7
66PenguinD6
66OHKOff⁇6
66YveltalNL6
66Altinox6
66V sauce mikeV6
66p0ip0le ∆6
66xhiglocke6
74smartb125
74Midnightsecrets5
74mukachiki5
74Dreamcatcher UwU5
74Steve4566645
74The_Dropman5
74Discordual5
74Sectonia5
82ASnomPlaysShowdown4
82The Concavenator4
82tommy ege4
82kanupaku4
86bcluous ◑_◐3
86guishark3
86Zacian-Crowned3
86FakePart3
86Jorge280553
86SergioRules3
86Jablinx3
86The Alter3
86PokeGuyCena3
86V sauce mike3
86Add234563
97bobabuddi2
97Gargoyle312
97FallingFalafel2
97TpOi20062
97crepuscular goomy2
97a123456789boy2
97LordThemberchaud2
97AGY6452
97KawaiiiiPotato✿2
97Helonium2
97SaltiestCactus432
97ezlaturbo2
97VibeUtonium2
97Benjgbro2
97Milo0082
97Rainbowbenja72
113Jeopard-GG1
113Jeopard-Z1
113s mi i1
113Rands House1
113Minyuki1
113shamrock star1
113ScorrchingTheaph1
113Ugly God1
113fearfire221
113Stealdude1
113Yua9991
113whah1
113k*I(ng)t/r-olLE$r1
113Alex1
113eblurb1
113Ban Hero1
113Dawn of Athena1
113dawnash1
113v-buster1
113AbuBatata1
113Saya Amanogawa1
113saltvik$1
113PrincessPika1021
113100 gecs fan1
113CURS0LA1
113regiyeeto1
113Okita1
113Sword Legionis1
113powergo1
113BrunoMars20201
113alola71
113FlogameZ101
113negsan1
113Showsni1
113Mega Eevee X1

The twist for April is still Scavengers Any% Speedrun: 5 extra points are earnable for finishing a full official, minus one point for every two minutes it takes you to solve the hunt, capped at 10 minutes!

Finally, PartMan has risen up to become our newest room moderator, and our room owner pants has become a Global moderator! A big hand for the both of them!

The second cycle of April has begun. Will you come out on top? Show your prowess now on the newest ladder!

aQrator

Have a good day!
I am hosting an official together with PartMan, TurtalKatThing and Dot Comfey, celebrating our 1 year voice anniversaries. This will be hosted Friday, April 30th at 15:00 GMT (8:00 PDT, 11:00 EDT, 17:00 CEDT, 20:30 IST)

Thank you LittEleven and DarkShinyGiratina for the QCs!

The official scavenger hunt by aQrator, PartMan, TurtalKatThing, and dot Comfey was ended automatically.
1st place: Ninetales Alolan<3 [01:00:44].
2nd place: adiass [01:30:18].
3rd place: WarriorGallade [01:41:44].
4th place: 111ace111 [01:42:03].
5th place: boredcollegekid [01:42:04].
Consolation Prize: CynicCyndaquil [01:42:25], Luca12379 [02:18:11]

Thank you to all who showed up! I had to dip before the end sadly but I hope everyone enjoyed.

The full hunt can be found here: https://pastebin.com/HNyCfjNz

Last edited:

LittEleven

A wanderer above the sea of fog
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The second ladder cycle of April has concluded.
Congratulations to adiass, Ninetales Alolan<3 and Vertigo for making the top 3!

Rank Name Points
1 adiass 287
2 Ninetales Alolan<3 254
3 Vertigo 114
4 boredcollegekid 113
5 Litt♥Eleven 108
6 Computerwizard8800 95
7 DJ Milotic 92
8 dot Comfey 80
9 TurtalKatThing 76
10 Luca12379 75
11 BubidaJeffery! 74
12 Menace02 67
13 CynicCyndaquil 66
14 onceinafoolmoon 65
15 DarkShinyGiratina 59
15 WarriorGallade 59
17 Pepsi Man 2 52
17 estanislau77 52
17 Qui-Gon the Flygon 52
20 aQrator 46
21 GrubbinTheGreat 45
22 111ace111 44
23 toxic boosted 43
23 schaillop 43
25 Merlee 40
26 acluous ⌐◐_◑ 39
27 NewsDan ^-^ 37
28 Dratios 31
29 PartMan 30
30 woe unto you 23
31 wallape 21
31 iph 21
31 sIang 21
34 Kiawe lol火 19
34 whah 19
36 RespectPickles 18
37 yeet dab xd 15
37 pants 15
39 aegii 14
40 Soft Flex 13
41 sananaskanana 11
41 Bro•Torterra 11
43 smartb12 10
44 p^_^okemonvortex. 9
44 killerASCII 9
44 ProfSapling 9
47 gallant's pear 8
47 leaf smoker 8
47 pisxel ♥ 8
50 Jablinx 7
50 baldrickroll 7
50 Jojosefixu 7
53 Steve456664 6
53 Shubname彡 6
53 doc1203 6
56 Devoxys 5
56 GC and 129 more 5
56 AndrewThePenguin 5
56 Nightcore1273 5
56 Altinox 5
56 Discordual 5
62 JollyTreecko 4
62 Milo008 4
62 SergioRules 4
62 V sauce mike 4
62 PenguinD 4
62 Lady Monita 4
62 celesteeal 4
69 KawaiiiiPotato✿ 3
69 Tapler ❀ 3
69 Jorge28055 3
69 BoltSapphire *_* 3
69 Add23456 3
69 LJB14 3
69 kanupaku 3
69 eight armed menace 3
69 Rainbowbenja7 3
69 ch&elure 3
69 Ugly God 3
69 VibeUtonium 3
69 TheStarmanLord 3
69 oneformybaby 3
69 aninterestingidea 3
69 mauby ✓ bark 3
69 Sectonia! 3
86 Arby? 2
86 Benjgbro 2
86 AliasHallow 2
86 icouldmakeyoucare 2
86 Saya Amanogawa 2
86 minasion 2
86 Bronzecrank 2
86 will of ark 2
86 OHKOff⁇ 2
86 testboio 2
86 Ing Pichu 2
86 Gargoyle31 2
86 p0ip0le 2
86 Kesamokki 2
86 hart vortex 2
86 SRBpika 2
102 An_Azurill \ 1
102 Dawn of Athena 1
102 PrincessPika102 1
102 cheese555 1
102 guishark 1
102 kvell 1
102 Sheep★Go★Moo~ 1
102 TpOi2006 1
102 BrunoMars2020 1
102 rxdb 1
102 Mystiphox 1
102 CreamyKitty ( 1
102 shamrockstar 1
102 Outer Wilds 1
102 Vector5557 1
102 jjev 1
102 Rands House 1
102 zipzapadam² 1
102 terrapieseven 1
102 Wan the Avatar 1
102 derpeddeath 1
102 SupernovaBright 1
102 AGY645 1
102 PokeGuyCena 1
102 100 gecs fan 1
102 OUTK Ray for OU 1
102 Joshua Plays 1
102 a fairly large bee 1
102 Cernuvid 1
102 SlurmyDurguns 1
102 fear火fire火22 1
102 Mega Eevee X 1
102 1vLTMV Vertigo 1
102 s mi i 1
102 Mike the Entei 1
102 scoobydoobydrew 1
102 negsan '✗') 1
102 shadowsirens… 1
102 deftinwolf 1
102 xomdlo 1

Minifish MAYhem: For the month of May, the Blitz rule will now apply for mini-official hunts! Finishing a mini-official within 1 minute of its starting time allows a top 3 finisher to gain 5 extra BLITZ points for their speed!

And congratulations to Toshinden (Soft Flex) for becoming Scavengers' newest voice!

Make more hunts and amass more points through good solving, to reach the top of the first ladder cycle of May!

Last edited:
apparently there was no reservation
official on may 6th at 2pm utc
1st place: Ninetales Alolan<3 [11:05].
2nd place: adiass [26:04].
3rd place: aQrator [30:14].
4th place: onceinafoolmoon [49:53].
5th place: BubidaJeffery! [51:43].
Consolation Prize: whah [01:06:55], CynicCyndaquil [01:09:33]

1) In this Bulbapedia page, there's a Gen 5 main game screenshot of a Purrloin hitting a Lillipup using a certain move. [game move errors]
2) In Pokemon TCG (GBC), the player uses this attack to win the tutorial battle against Sam. [Star Freeze]
3) These Pokemon TCG attacks can use the effect of a Supporter Card in the opponent's hand without discarding it. (alphabetically) [Stunning Likeness / Supernatural]

thanks to PartMan and LittEleven for qc

may the pyuks be with you

Reserving an official for May 8th at 1 pm EDT. QCs by aQrator and turtalkatthing.

1st place: DarkShinyGiratina [04:49].
2nd place: Pepsi Man 2 [09:13].
3rd place: GrubbinTheGreat [19:34].
4th place: PartMan [21:36].
5th place: acluous [26:36].
Consolation Prize: whah [26:47], Menace02 [30:13], Computerwizard8800 [30:44], BubidaJeffery! [31:54], adiass [34:19], Luca12379 [43:54], p^_^okemonvortex. [47:18]

Solution:

1) Bulbapedia ('s parent site) is named after an episode of the Pokemon anime. The name of this episode of the Pokemon anime is also named after that episode. (english name). [Ivysaur's Mysterious Tower]
2) In Pokemon X and Y, this non-Berry item can only be obtained by using a certain moves (excluding Thief or Covet) in battle in certain locations, and does not share a similar effect with any other items that can only be obtained the same way. [Float Stone]
3) Assume there are no Pokemon-GX in in play, in the discard pile, in the Lost Zone, in either player's hand, or in either player's deck (essentially, assume all Pokemon-GX are banned). This Pokemon can use 2 different GX attacks. (do not include expansion and number) [Yanmega]

Congrats to all finishers! Thanks again to aQrator and turtalkatthing for QCing!

Last edited:

aQrator

Have a good day!
I'm hosting an official on Sunday, May 16th at 14:00 UTC (7:00 AM PDT, 10AM EST, 16:00 CEDT, 19:30 IST)

Thank you to Aegii and DSG for their QCs!

The official scavenger hunt by aQrator was ended automatically.
1st place: Ninetales Alolan<3 [48:28].
2nd place: Pepsi Man 2 [01:29:18].
3rd place: adiass [01:48:10].
4th place: PartMan [01:54:56].
5th place: LittEleven [02:03:38].

Thank you all for playing! I hope you didn't have your mind melted too much by the TCG puzzle.
The hunt can be seen here: https://pastebin.com/3AeVxKhN

alternatively,

Q1. In the original Pokémon TCG base set, this trainer card had the exact same effect and usage as a main-game item with the same name. | Potion; Potion (Base Set 94); Potion 94 |
Q2. In the Sword and Shield TCG set, Hyper Potion heals the same amount of HP as it does in the mainline games. Two other TCG trainer cards are capable of healing exactly 120 damage, even if the Pokémon it is used on has more than 12 damage counters on it. Alphabetically list those two. | Last Chance Potion, Mallow & Lana; Last Chance Potion (Celestial Storm 135), Mallow & Lana (Cosmic Eclipse 198); Last Chance Potion 135, Mallow & Lana 198 | This trainer card can heal the highest amount of HP with one use. Also list the amount of HP that it can heal. You can use all Pokemon TCG cards, but must adhere to normal Pokemon TCG rules. | Pokemon center, 5330 ; Pokemon center (Base Set 85), 5330 ; Pokemon center 85, 5330
So first off, some ground rules that apply to the TCG (and are relevant to this puzzle)
  1. A deck consists of 60 cards.
  2. Aside from basic energy cards, you can only include up to 4 copies of a card in your deck.
  3. In order to still be playing the game, you must have at least 1 prize card.
  4. Usually, you have 1 active Pokémon and up to 5 bench Pokémon.
With that out of the way, let's get to the solution:
There are 9 different cards relevant.
  1. Sky Field, which allows you to have up to 8 Pokémon on your bench (9 in total.)
  2. 3 different Pokémon cards: 4 Zoroark and Legendary Pokémon, 4 Tornadus, Thundurus & Landorus and 1 Galarian Stunfisk V.
  3. 3 different tool cards: 4 Cape of Toughness, 4 Buff Padding and 1 Fighting Fury Belt.
  4. The final item that heals all Pokémon: 1 Pokémon Center
  5. 39 Metal Energy.
  6. (1 prize card. Doesn't really matter what this card is.)
First, play Sky Field and then place all 9 Pokémon in play. (500*8+200=4200hp)
Distribute the Buff Padding between the Zoroark and Stunfisk cards. Give the remaining 5 Pokémon the remaining tool cards. (50*8+40=440hp)
Then, every turn, give a metal energy to the Galarian Stunfisk V to buff up the HP. (39*20 = 780hp)
In total, there is 4200+440+780=5420 hp among all the Pokémon. However, we can only heal them if there is some HP left on each of them (which is 10 at mininum).
So, once you play the Pokémon Center with your deck empty and all cards attached to your Pokémon where needed, you can heal a total of 5420-90=5330 HP.

Last edited:

aQrator

Have a good day!
I'm hosting an official on Thursday, May 20th at 18:00 UTC (11:00 AM PDT, 2:00PM EDT, 20:00 CEDT, 23:30 IST)

Thank you to PartMan and LittEleven for their QCs!

EDIT: Due to work being a lot this week, this official is postponed by 3 hours

1st place: p^_^okemonvortex. [01:47].
2nd place: Ninetales Alolan<3 [09:27].
3rd place: TurtalKatThing [12:24].
4th place: adiass [13:30].
5th place: 111ace111 [35:36].
Consolation Prize: DarkShinyGiratina [39:21], Pepsi Man 2 [43:18], Dratios [43:39], Menace02 [45:35], BubidaJeffery! [55:50], acluous ⌐◐_◑ [01:15:35]

Thank you all for being there. Special props to acluous for finding an error in Q2 both I and the QCers missed.
The hunt can be found here: https://pastebin.com/FhU7qTeW

alternatively,
Q1. This is the only Pokémon to have an anime cry, though it was never used in the anime or movies. | Porygon-Z |
Q2. In Poképark Wii, the game the cry originates from, Porygon-Z is one of 5 Pokémon you befriend exclusively by completing their quiz. Alphabetically list the other 4. | Corsola, Delibird, Meowth, Sableye |
This is the only interactable Pokemon that can be found in every Poképark zone (ignoring Sky Garden). | Drifblim |

Last edited:

aQrator

Have a good day!
I'm hosting (yet) an(other) official on Sunday, May 23rd at 19:00 UTC (12:00 PM PDT, 3:00PM EDT, 21:00 CEDT, Monday, 00:30 IST)

Thank you to PartMan and LittEleven for their QCs!

1st place: 111ace111 [10:48].
2nd place: woe unto you [12:14].
3rd place: scoobydoobydrew [18:10].
4th place: Menace02 [20:05].
5th place: p^_^okemonvortex. [20:51].
Consolation Prize: adiass [24:37], BubidaJeffery! [28:52], Computerwizard8800 [32:04]

Thank you for playing the final of the triplet of officials! I hope you enjoyed them all.
The hunt can be found here: https://pastebin.com/FhU7qTeW

Alternatively,
Q1. In Pokémon Master Trainer, you can find 10 different Pokémon illustrated on the board. These Pokémon illustrated are not a starter Pokémon in Pokémon Master Trainer. List alphabetically. | Ekans, Jigglypuff, Koffing, Mewtwo |
Q2. This is the highest amount of damage a rival can deal to you in Pokémon Master Trainer. Also list the Pokémon that deals that much damage. | 28, Arcanine / Arcanine, 28 |
Q3. This is the highest amount of damage a player can deal with one of their Pokémon in Pokémon Master Trainer. Also list the four Pokémon that can deal that much damage alphabetically. | 29, Blastoise, Charizard, Machamp, Venusaur ; Blastoise, Charizard, Machamp, Venusaur, 29 |
Q3 explanation: Use a fully evolved Pokémon with an 8 power attack while also owning both of its pre-evolutions (Blastoise, Charizard, Machamp, Venusaur) to get 13 damage. From there, roll a 6 and add 2 +5 damage boosters. This totals to 29 damage.

Last edited:

LittEleven

A wanderer above the sea of fog
The first ladder cycle of May has concluded.
Congratulations to adiass, Ninetales Alolan<3 and Vertigo for making the top 3 positions at the end of the cycle! (Déjà vu?)

RankNamePoints
1adiass298
2Ninetales Alolan<3257
3Vertigo182
4Menace02151
5Computerwizard8800140
6GrubbinTheGreat137
6BubidaJeffery!137
8LittEleven129
9Pepsi Man 2124
10TurtalKatThing123
11Merlee119
12estanislau77118
13PartMan105
14dot Comfey104
15DarkShinyGiratina103
16boredcollegekid94
17onceinafoolmoon85
17aQrator85
19toxic boosted81
20whah62
21schaillop55
22WarriorGallade53
23111ace11152
24woe unto you51
25CynicCyndaquil47
26Luca1237945
27deftinwolf44
28DJ Milotic43
29Dratios40
30p^_^okemonvortex.35
30acluous ⌐◐_◑35
32ProfSapling33
33PenguinD30
34lph27
35yeet dab xd23
36RespectPickles20
37doc120317
38Qui-Gon the Flygon16
38Kiawe lol16
40pants15
41aegii14
41one for my baby14
43NewsDan ^-^13
43Discordual13
43imnewhelppls13
46Soft Flex12
46AndrewThePenguin12
48Milo00810
49p0ip0le ∆9
49gallant's pear9
51Bixia8
51Jablinx8
51kanupaku8
51smartb128
55Benjgbro7
55Steve4566647
57Jorge280556
57R2Cv1!6
57Ing Pichu6
57sananaskanana6
57stiglord6
62Bro. Torterra!5
62Tapler ❀5
62Ugly God5
62killerASCII5
62PsineWave5
62ShrimpChip5
62Yuuma Tokogaya5
69Midnightsecrets4
69fear火fire火224
69pisxel ♥4
69Mega Eevee X4
69Saya Amanogawa4
69jinlong884
69Gwynt ^-^4
69arby4
69SRBpika4
69Gw1124
79Pear_Pearz3
79aninterestingidea3
79Hades' Child ツ3
79PokeGuyCena3
79powergo3
79Ayia3
79AUDlNO3
86theaura2
86crepuscular goomy2
86TheStarmanLord2
86YveltalNL2
86SergioRules2
86LJB142
86Incineroar2
86Add234562
86Shamrock Star2
86Super Magnum2
96Jojosefixu1
96minasion1
96SupernovaBright1
96jjev1
96smii1
96westerdayz1
96ciphercameras1
96T+L=The Legend1
96Emboar021
96ch&elure1
96shimatha1
96Dawn of Athena1
96blissfultundra!❥1
96testboio1
96ElsAnna Worshipper1
96Mike the Entei1
96jl88-mt-fun1
96jl884538581
96xomdlo1
96VibeUtonium1
96Ocean091
96A㋛Quails㋛Query1
96andrew1
96SolarMistletoe1
96Cynder4541
96N (egsan)1
96BoltSapphire *_*1
96Devoxys1
96Elgino ❄1
96Achlas1
96cheese5551
96four and twenty1
96V sauce mike1
96Bronzecrank1
96ShinyTurtlez ツ1
96gregoris41

The twist for the second cycle of May is still Minifish MAYhem: For the month of May, the Blitz rule will now apply for mini-official hunts! Finishing a mini-official within 1 minute of its starting time allows a top 3 finisher to gain 5 extra BLITZ points for their speed!

Hope you're enjoying the pace and will continue getting the blitzes in the next cycle of May!

pants

*dies inconveniently*
Reserving an official for Tuesday, June 1st at 2PM EST

QCs by DarkShinyGiratina and Tapler

1st place: 111ace111 [05:33].
2nd place: Rory Mercury [06:29].
3rd place: GrubbinTheGreat [06:40].
4th place: TurtalKatThing [09:23].
5th place: Luca12379 [11:10].
Consolation Prize: BubidaJeffery! [21:25], LittEleven [21:35], estanislau77 [22:06], boredcollegegrad [24:25], Computerwizard8800 [24:25], adiass [28:30], Menace02 [49:29]

1) These Pokemon went from uniquely typed to having a signature type, and subsequently having neither a unique nor a signature type (alphabetical order). [gligar jynx murkrow]
2) Alphabetically list every formerly uniquely typed Pokemon that lost its status as uniquely typed midway through a later generation than the generation in which they were introduced (not counting Pokémon released later through events as being released midway through a generation). Use PS! formatting for formes. [dragalge hawlucha meloetta pirouette]
3) Name the first and last non-forme fully evolved Pokemon by national dex order that have caused other Pokemon from a previous generation to lose status as uniquely typed, in that order. [meganium dragapult]

pants

*dies inconveniently*
The second Ladder Cycle of May has now concluded. Congratulations to the top three placers: adiass in first place with 309 points, LittEleven in second place with 197 points, and 111ace111 in third place with 188 points!

1adiass309
2LittEleven197
3111ace111188
4Menace02184
5Pepsi Man 2159
6BubidaJeffery!143
6Merlee143
8Computerwizard8800126
9estanislau77105
9Ninetales Alolan<3105
11TurtalKatThing93
11schaillop93
13PartMan83
14woe unto you72
15DarkShinyGiratina68
15whah68
17deftinwolf67
18aQrator61
19toxic boosted60
20WarriorGallade57
21Vertigo55
22p^_^okemonvortex.52
23scoobydoobydrew47
24AndrewThePenguin43
25ProfSapling39
26boredcollegekid33
26CynicCyndaquil33
28GrubbinTheGreat31
29dot Comfey30
29boredcollegegrad30
31Dratios28
31Qui-Gon the Flygon28
33RespectPickles25
33lph25
35Yuuma Tokogaya24
35yeet dab xd24
37acluous ⌐◐_◑19
38Soft Flex17
38bulbasaurbuddy!17
40Gw11216
40Archangel Izra'il16
42a123456789boy15
42celesteeal15
44PenguinD14
44Ki%awe lol14
46Luca1237913
46imnewhelppls13
48articoo!!!12
49gallant's pear11
50aegii10
50bro torterra10
52killerASCII9
52R2Cv19
52pants9
52SpaceCraft049
56Ing Pichu8
56SRBpika8
56OHKOff⁇8
56Wan the Avatar8
56Hokatsuki 火影8
61Discordual7
61LJB147
61baldrickroll7
64p0ip0le ∆6
64Shubname彡6
64powergo6
64Zimmy D6
68smartb125
68NewsDan ^-^5
68wallape5
68Leave of Absence5
72onceinafoolmoon4
72gregoris44
72Bronzecrank4
72adfgarbe4
72fear火fire火224
72WeepingDevil4
72peashooter1234
72Lucario•15824
80Mega Eevee X3
80Ayia3
80ShrimpChip3
80Vrji3
80Pear Experience3
85YveltalNL2
85Altinox2
85Add234562
85Qtierater2
85mighty ✘ cannon2
85Jorge280552
85comicallybigspoon2
85FrenchFryFan2
85minasion2
85TpOi20062
85Gargoyle312
85SergioRules2
85Christmas2
85ApeHat2
85T+L=The Legend2
85Milo0082
85ezlaturbo2
85shadowsirens…2
85AGY6452
85CURS0LA2
85Midnightsecrets2
85im addicted to you2
85GrindDon't2
85100 gecs fan2
85Guidarma2
85SalamM12
111doc12031
111kanupaku1
111tidal otter1
111indissoluble1
111Ocean091
111Sheep‼Go‼Moo1
111lindauna1
111Low-Key-G-Mazing1
111DmBrOs1
111Steve4566641
111someone might suck1
111negsan1
111V sauce mike1
111Jablinx1
111sananaskanana1
111BrunoMars20201
111Diee•Roook1
111Elgino ❄1
111Tapler ❀1
111KingChandelure1
111SixPathsOfSpain1
111ScorrchingTheaph1
111ShinyTurtlez ツ1
111hurl¤1
111Devoxys1
111Zero Fan1
111Patatchod1
111A㋛Quails㋛Query1
111jegoro1
111nekoramen '◡'1
111frozoid ❤1
111Spellhole1
111Super Magnum1
111WeepingDevil21
111Obi-Wan the Avatar1
111cheese5551
111wa gang1
111GhastlyChandelure1
111golbatbestmon1
111floooood BREAK1
111SupernovaBright1
1111sect nurse1
111CreativelyRenamed1
111tenzhii1
111EpicCreeper90021
111An_Azurill >_<1
111Fuck Florges1
111Auroura_Wolf1

The ladder twist chosen by staff for the month of June is: Future Sight: Throughout the month, Incognito officials will be held (primarily on weekends) that offer 5 bonus points each to any user who can correctly predict their placing (must be top 6) in the official, prior to its start. (This twist does not apply to mini officials. Our official twists last for both cycles of a month before being replaced.)

Lastly, welcome back c.kilgannon to roomvoice!

Take the lead on the first June Ladder!

Last edited:

aQrator

Have a good day!
Mini roundup!
1st place: dot Comfey [01:00].
2nd place: Merlee [01:04].
3rd place: GrubbinTheGreat [01:23].
Consolation Prize: TurtalKatThing [01:37], toxic boosted [01:41], BubidaJeffery! [02:07], Menace02 [02:19], Vertigo [03:05], crepuscular goomy [03:14], p^_^okemonvortex. [04:38], pants [06:24], estanislau77 [15:13]

1st place: dot Comfey [00:42].
2nd place: Pepsi Man 2 [01:07].
3rd place: toxic boosted [01:12].
Consolation Prize: 111ace111 [01:17], Qui-Gon the Flygon [01:27], adiass [01:28], TurtalKatThing [01:37], estanislau77 [01:48], Computerwizard8800 [02:03], doc1203 [02:05], WarriorGallade [02:06], GrubbinTheGreat [02:26], R2Cv1! [03:43], PenguinD [04:02], Bixia [05:02], Emboar02 [06:38], Jorge28055 [09:16], Vertigo [10:08], Litt♥Eleven [10:55], Milo008 [14:03]

QC: PartMan
1st place: Pepsi Man 2 [01:23].
2nd place: boredcollegekid [01:51].
3rd place: Ninetales Alolan<3 [02:01].
Consolation Prize: Computerwizard8800 [02:03], adiass [02:14], Qui-Gon the Flygon [02:28], WarriorGallade [02:43], lph [03:01], aninterestingidea [04:15], yeet dab xd [06:18], Mega Eevee X [06:51], Jorge28055 [07:40], R2Cv1! [08:09], blissfultundra!❥ [08:25], Vertigo [35:13], Tapler ❀ [45:43]

QC: aQrator
1st place: Pepsi Man 2 [01:40].
2nd place: Ninetales Alolan<3 [02:11].
3rd place: schaillop [04:32].
Consolation Prize: Vertigo [05:05], adiass [06:15], DJ Milotic [23:14], CynicCyndaquil [23:32], doc1203 [27:50], WarriorGallade [32:52]
1st place: Vertigo [00:49].
2nd place: Ninetales Alolan<3 [00:59].
3rd place: BubidaJeffery! [01:29].
Consolation Prize: adiass [01:52], sananaskanana [02:31], doc1203 [03:27], WarriorGallade [05:06], deftinwolf [05:13], DJ MILOTIC ) [08:13], whah [18:45], CynicCyndaquil [23:26], estanislau77 [35:01]

1st place: adiass [01:30].
2nd place: Luca12379 [02:16].
3rd place: boredcollegekid [03:57].
Consolation Prize: whah [08:24], 111ace111 [10:08], Gwynt ^-^ [10:45], schaillop [14:46], imnewhelppls [15:40]

1st place: onceinafoolmoon [01:11].
2nd place: Menace02 [02:21].
3rd place: CynicCyndaquil [05:00].
Consolation Prize: whah [05:35], PenguinD [06:34], boredcollegekid [13:51], Dr. Atios [14:50], dot Comfey [15:55]

QC: DarkShinyGiratina
1st place: Ninetales Alolan<3 [02:57].
2nd place: adiass [03:54].
3rd place: Menace02 [06:32].
Consolation Prize: Vertigo [07:29], PartMan [09:04], lph [12:31], imnewhelppls [18:08], Luca12379 [23:45], schaillop [28:18]

1st place: woe unto you [01:18].
2nd place: BubidaJeffery(^) [03:14].
3rd place: DarkShinyGiratina [03:34].
Consolation Prize: Computerwizard8800 [03:53], Dratios [04:26], aegii [04:34], yeet dab xd [04:49], estanislau77 [04:55], pants [05:10], c.kilgannon [05:28], dot Comfey [15:03], CynicCyndaquil [20:05], Menace02 [26:53]

QC: TurtalKatThing
1st place: p^_^okemonvortex. [03:20].
2nd place: GrubbinTheGreat [04:13].
3rd place: Computerwizard8800 [05:25].
Consolation Prize: BubidaJeffery! [06:35], p0ip0le ∆ [08:39], TurtalKatThing [09:18], Menace02 [13:53], dot Comfey [17:30]

1st place: adiass [02:23].
2nd place: Vertigo [03:23].
3rd place: dot Comfey [04:51].
Consolation Prize: LittEleven [05:05], WarriorGallade [05:36], BubidaJeffery! [08:12], Pepsi Man 2 [08:45], deftinwolf [09:45], TurtalKatThing [10:36], schaillop [14:51]

QC: Devoxys
1st place: Pepsi Man 2 [01:38].
2nd place: Ein and Zwei [01:59].
3rd place: PartMan [03:19].
Consolation Prize: lph [05:11], schaillop [06:05], adiass [06:07], Yuuma Tokogaya [12:30]

1st place: DarkShinyGiratina [03:36].
2nd place: scoobydoobydrew [04:15].
3rd place: adiass [04:48].
Consolation Prize: p^_^okemonvortex. [04:58], CynicCyndaquil [04:58], BubidaJeffery! [05:12], TurtalKatThing [06:52], aQrator [07:08], acluous ⌐◐_◑ [07:55], Computerwizard8800 [08:43], 111ace111 [10:45], toxic boosted [23:52], T+L=The Legend [24:40], estanislau77 [25:09], killerASCII [38:28]

QC: pants
1st place: 111ace111 [01:20].
2nd place: Qui-Gon the Flygon [01:23].
3rd place: Merlee [01:24].
Consolation Prize: woe unto you [01:48], LittEleven [02:01], CynicCyndaquil [02:08], boredcollegegrad [03:10], PartMan [03:13], Menace02 [06:39], WeepingDevil [09:14], schaillop [11:28], deftinwolf [24:35], imnewhelppls [36:32], RespectPickles [42:01], Computerwizard8800 [42:09]

1st place: 111ace111 [01:14].
2nd place: ProfSapling [01:17].
3rd place: BubidaJeffery! [02:08].
Consolation Prize: Merlee [02:10], Menace02 [02:25], bulbasaurbuddy! [20:02]

QC: TurtalKatThing
1st place: Archangel Izra'il [01:55].
2nd place: WarriorGallade [02:45].
3rd place: Gw112 [04:40].
Consolation Prize: Hokatsuki 火影 [05:05], BubidaJeffery! [06:08], Lucario•1582 [06:56], adiass [08:10], schaillop [08:30], lph [10:26], PartMan [13:27], articoo!!! [24:19], wallape [32:30], SalamM1 [39:50], whah [58:18], Luca12379 [01:20:33], estanislau77 [01:45:04]

Last edited:

aQrator

Have a good day!
I'm hosting a Incognito Future Sight (Twist) official on Sunday, June 6th at 19:00 UTC (12:00 PM PDT, 3:00PM EDT, 21:00 CEDT, Monday, 00:30 IST)

Thank you to Tapler and TurtalKatThing for QCing!

The results are in!

1st place: Menace02 [20:27].
2nd place: Litt♥Eleven [24:49].
3rd place: 111ace111 [30:12].
4th place: BubidaJeffery! [31:00].
5th place: Computerwizard8800 [36:20].
Consolation Prize: p^_^okemonvortex. [41:03], adiass [45:20], GrubbinTheGreat [45:32], NewsDan ^-^ [51:47], SalamM1 [55:22], estanislau77 [01:06:14], Bekama [01:15:36], AndrewThePenguin [01:22:55], killerASCII [01:31:16]

Litt♥Eleven also managed to correctly predict their placement and got an additional 5 points!
Thank you all for playing! The hunt can be seen here: https://pastebin.com/uKsZNq0r

Alternatively,
Q1. Of the Pokémon that yield 1 EV, this one has the highest BST. Exclude formes. | Scyther |
Q2. Of the Pokémon that yield 3 EVs, this one has the lowest BST. Exclude formes. | Dustox |
Q3. Of the Pokémon that yield 2 EVs, these do not yield any EVs in any of their highest stats. List alphabetically, exclude Pokémon with formes. | Barbaracle, Hawlucha, Mandibuzz, Shedinja, Yanmega |

Last edited:
i made a fish and im hosting it on saturday, 12th june at 9am UTC, thanks to spear and aQrator for qcing!

edit: thanks for playing!

1st place: Computerwizard8800 [04:44].
2nd place: adiass [14:31].
3rd place: Desktop Stapler ❀ [25:12].
4th place: imnewhelppls [36:50].
5th place: Qui-Gon the Flygon [39:57].

1) This is the HuntMakingScavenger, and what I have for you today is a hunt themed on a certain YouTube channel clued by the phrasing of this hunt. This channel once posted a video featuring a product for a tub of ice cream. What flavour was the ice cream? [Vanilla Caramel Fudge]
2) Another video posted featured a puzzle made by Sashko in the Czech Republic. The puzzle was made out of another product that was previously featured in another video on the same channel. Which Pokemon's Pokedex number corresponds to the number in the video's title? [Clamperl]
3) Click out of two... The last part of this puzzle refers to a video where two locks mounted on one door were sent to him by Shane. Approximately how many people asked Shane to send his lock to the Lock Picking Lawyer? [999,999,998]

Computerwizard8800 2nd
Qui-Gon the Flygon 4th
Tapler 4th
adiass 3rd
Merlee 2nd
PartMan 1st

[18:10:36] %aegii: so
[18:10:45] %aegii: because PartMan didn't get 1st
[18:11:14] %aegii: cwiz guessed 2nd, finished 1st, adiass guessed 3rd, finished 2nd and tapler guessed 4th, finished 3rd
[18:11:31] %aegii: oh and Qui-Gon the Flygon guessed 4th and came 5th

Last edited:
official hunt on june 13th at 3 2 pm utc

1st place: adiass [03:27].
2nd place: PartMan [07:19].
3rd place: aegii [08:46]. (bonus for twist)
4th place: GrubbinTheGreat [09:02].
5th place: dot Comfey [14:40].
Consolation Prize: Qui-Gon the Flygon [20:42], schaillop [24:15]

1) Using the current typing, these moves are the only TM moves in their types among all gen 2 TM. (alphabetically) [dragonbreath fury cutter rain dance thief]
2) This item held by the most opponent's pokemon in Kanto Leaders Tournament in PWT. [salac berry]
3) Ash's pokemon debuted this move in a movie. [Bubble beam]

Thanks to computerwizard8800 and Tapler

May the Pyuks be with you

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)