Sceptile [Singles] (GP 2/2)

[OVERVIEW]

With its blazing Speed and relatively high Special Attack that allows it to take out the likes of Suicune, Mega Salamence, Garchomp, and Rotom-W, Mega Sceptile makes for an efficient revenge killer and late-game cleaner in the Battle Spot Singles metagame. Lightning Rod gives Mega Sceptile immunity to Electric-type moves and a Special Attack boost if it switches into one. Additionally, Mega Sceptile's resulting immunity to Thunder Wave is a huge boon for it by completely removing one of the primary methods to lower its Speed, its greatest asset. Mega Sceptile's secondary typing in Dragon is a huge benefit, as it grants it a secondary STAB type to utilize, removes its weakness to Fire, and gives it a 4x resistance to Water, improving its matchup against the likes of Heatran and Rotom-H. However, Mega Sceptile's typing also gives it a 4x weakness to Ice and new weaknesses to Dragon and Fairy. Mega Sceptile is also quite frail, and the prevalence of priority in Battle Spot Singles gives it a disadvantage against common Pokemon such as Talonflame, Kangaskhan, and Mamoswine. Although Grass / Dragon has decent coverage on its own, Mega Sceptile's STAB moves are walled by Steel-types such as Aegislash, Mega Mawile, Ferrothorn, and Heatran, making its role at cleaning teams a lot more difficult. Even with a high base Special Attack of 145, Mega Sceptile fails to beat the common walls and bulky Pokemon of Battle Spot such as Cresselia, Porygon2, and specially defensive Thundurus.

[SET]
name: All-out Attacker
move 1: Leaf Storm
move 2: Dragon Pulse
move 3: Focus Blast / Hidden Power Fire
move 4: Protect / Substitute
item: Sceptilite
ability: Overgrow
nature: Timid
evs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Leaf Storm is Mega Sceptile's strongest STAB move and allows it to OHKO the likes of Suicune, Rotom-W, Azumarill, and Mamoswine. Dragon Pulse is Mega Sceptile’s secondary STAB attack, hitting many Pokemon that resist Grass for neutral or super effective damage such as Salamence, Gengar, Thundurus, and Hydreigon. Focus Blast allows Mega Sceptile to hit the Steel-types that its STAB moves fail to hit effectively, such as Heatran and Ferrothorn. It also OHKOes Mega Kangaskhan, which is quite noteworthy. Hidden Power Fire provides similar coverage, hitting Ferrothorn and Scizor very hard while also hitting Aegislash and Mega Mawile. Protect can be used for scouting and to get the Speed boost from Sceptile's Mega Evolution right away so it can outspeed threats to its base forme such as Greninja, Mega Gengar, and Mega Lopunny. When facing a Pokemon that cannot do much to Mega Sceptile, such as Rotom-W, Slowbro, or Suicune, Mega Sceptile can utilize Substitute when predicting a switch to give itself a shield against attacks and status moves.

Set Details
========

Sceptilite is mandatory for Sceptile, as it is really mediocre outside of its Mega forme and should not be used when going on the offensive. Overgrow is used over Unburden because Mega Sceptile cannot make use of Unburden at all while holding a Mega Stone. Maximum Special Attack and Speed with a Timid nature allows Mega Sceptile to hit fast and hard. Maximum Speed on this moveset greatly improves Mega Sceptile's matchup against Adamant Choice Scarf Landorus-T, letting it outspeed it by a small margin. If coverage is preferred on the team, Mega Sceptile can forgo both of the moves in the last slot for a coverage move such as Earthquake or Rock Slide. If it does, Mega Sceptile should utilize a Naive nature so as to not hinder its Attack stat. If Hidden Power Fire is used, an EV spread of 248 SpA / 12 SpD / 248 Spe should be used for maximum efficiency along with 30 Speed IVs. Note that Mega Sceptile then will not be able to Speed tie with opposing Mega Sceptile and Mega Beedrill, although they are uncommon, so the Speed loss does not put it at a great disadvantage.

Usage Tips
========

Once brought on the field, Sceptile should immediately Mega Evolve to get its new Speed tier the following turn and hit harder with its increased stats. Mega Sceptile is used best during the late-game when everything is softened up and weakened, using its Speed to clean up the remaining Pokemon on the opponent's team. Mega Sceptile is a great revenge killer and should be used as such whenever given the chance. It does not appreciate switching even into some attacks it resists such as Ground, as it is quite frail, so one should be cautious before switching it in into a resisted move. However, Mega Sceptile does not mind switching into types it resists extremely well, such as Scald from a bulky Water-type like Suicune. Mega Sceptile does not mind the potential burn if not running a physical move and can likely retaliate with a quick Leaf Storm for the OHKO. However, note that Mega Sceptile fails to OHKO Suicune with Leaf Storm after a Calm Mind boost, so proper scouting for Calm Mind on Suicune is greatly recommended before switching into it. Mega Sceptile loves to switch into Electric-type moves from the likes of Rotom-W, Raikou, Mega Manectric, and Thundurus. However, one should scout for Hidden Power Ice variants of Rotom-W before switching in and be wary of possible Hidden Power Ice on the switch from the latter three Pokemon.

Team Options
========

Talonflame appreciates having bulky Water-types moved from the battlefield, which Sceptile is capable of doing; in return, it takes out major threats to Mega Sceptile such as Blaziken and Mega Heracross. Heatran and Rotom-H both have great type synergy with Sceptile and take care of Talonflame and Steel-types like Aegislash and Mawile. Mega Sceptile checks a majority of the Pokemon that Azumarill dislikes such as Mega Salamence and Rotom-W, while Azumarill can set up and have an easier time sweeping weakened teams. Substitute + Toxic Aegislash defeats the Fairies and walls that Mega Sceptile hates such as Sylveon, Mega Gardevoir, Cresselia, and Porygon2. In return, Mega Sceptile handles the Ground-types that Aegislash has a disadvantage against. Mamoswine and Landorus-T help with the issues Mega Sceptile has against Thundurus and Aegislash and are also able to provide Stealth Rock to hinder threatening Pokemon to Mega Sceptile such as Talonflame and Dragonite. Landorus-T is also able to provide momentum for Mega Sceptile with a combination of U-turn and Intimidate. In return, Mega Sceptile deals with the bulky Water-types that Mamoswine and Landorus-T struggle with. Gyarados or Suicune is a nice teammate to have to deal with Mamoswine, Talonflame, Blaziken, and Kangaskhan with Rocky Helmet, while Mega Sceptile resists Grass and is immune to Electric with Lightning Rod. Zapdos helps check Flying-types like Talonflame for Mega Sceptile and provides momentum for it with Volt Switch. Sceptile does Zapdos some favors as well by helping check Pokemon like Hippowdon and Mega Tyranitar, both of which Zapdos has a disadvantage against. Tyranitar helps deal with Gengar by Pursuit trapping it and dealing with Flying-types such as Talonflame, Mega Charizard Y, and Zapdos, which all prove to be problems for Mega Sceptile. Tyranitar also appreciates having bulky Water-types removed from the match. Mega Sceptile often has unfavorable matchups in the Battle Spot Singles metagame, so running a second Mega Pokemon is a good idea. In particular, Mega Kangaskhan and Mega Mawile are good choice for when the team has an unfavorable matchup against Fairy-types. Meanwhile, Mega Sceptile can be brought into matches where it can dispose of the threats to Mega Kangaskhan and Mega Mawile, such as Hippowdon and Suicune.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Rock Slide can be used to OHKO Mega Charizard Y and Volcarona, both of which threaten Mega Sceptile otherwise, as well as OHKO Talonflame on the switch. The 30% flinch chance can be utilized to great effect as well with Mega Sceptile's impressive base 145 Speed. Earthquake can be used to hit Steel-types like Heatran, Aegislash, Mega Mawile, and Mega Lucario. Energy Ball or Giga Drain can be used for a more reliable Grass-type STAB move in the last moveslot, but these two moves generally do not see much use, as Mega Sceptile is meant to hit hard and fast. SubSeed Sceptile can be used to drain the opposing Pokemon’s HP to bring them into the KO range of one of its STAB moves. However, Mega Sceptile lacks the bulk to do this with great effectiveness. A physical moveset of Swords Dance / Leaf Blade / Earthquake with a filler move is a possibility, but Mega Sceptile lacks the bulk to set up and still lacks the wallbreaking power it wants after a boost.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Priority Moves**: Mega Sceptile's frailty and weakness to priority moves such as Talonflame's Brave Bird and Ice Shard from the likes of Mamoswine, Cloyster, and Weavile means that these Pokemon prove to be effective checks to it. Mega Sceptile fears strong priority from the likes of Lucario, Scizor, and Dragonite as well.

**Aegislash**: Aegislash resists both of Mega Sceptile's STAB types and takes little damage from Earthquake while in Shield forme. It can then either 2HKO with Shadow Ball or OHKO with Hidden Power Ice.

**Steel-types**: Steel-types have the benefit of resisting both of Mega Sceptile's STAB types, and most can take advantage of its frailty. Such Pokemon include Heatran, Scizor, and Ferrothorn.

**Bulky Pokemon**: Mega Heracross takes a hit from Mega Sceptile and OHKOes it with Pin Missile. Specially defensive Thundurus is capable of taking a few hits from Mega Sceptile and can 2HKO with Hidden Power Ice. Cresselia and Porygon2 both stomach hits from Mega Sceptile and can use Ice Beam to either 2HKO or OHKO, respectively. Volcarona and Mega Charizard Y can take a hit and KO Mega Sceptile or set up in Volcarona's case if Mega Sceptile lacks Rock Slide. Mega Venusaur is capable of taking a few hits from Mega Sceptile and OHKOes with Sludge Bomb.

**Faster Pokemon**: Pokemon such as Choice Scarf Garchomp, Mega Blaziken, Mega Gengar, and Greninja all outspeed Sceptile before it Mega Evolves and OHKO Mega Sceptile with relative ease. However, the use of Protect to safely get the Speed boost from Sceptile's Mega Evolution allows it to outspeed them and get the upper hand.

**Fairy-types**: Mega Mawile resists both of Mega Sceptile's STAB types and OHKOes it Play Rough. Sylveon and Mega Gardevoir can take a Leaf Storm and OHKO with Hyper Voice. Mega Sceptile gets walled hard by Mega Altaria if lacking Hidden Power Ice, and Mega Altaria can easily OHKO or set up on it. Albeit a little uncommon, Sap Sipper Azumarill is capable of walling Mega Sceptile's STAB moves completely.

Last edited:

bobochan

slow mo my bobo
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

-Substitutes can be put up when predicting switches, mostly against water types who can’t do much against Sceptile like bulky waters -> Such as Rotom-W, Suicune and Slowbro.

Set Details
========

-Max SpA and max spe to hit fast and hard, and to outspeed Adamant Choice Scarf Lando-t -> Don't forget to mention Timid Nature. To expand on this section, maybe state why Overgrow is preferred over Unburden.

Usage Tips
========

-Loves to switch into electric moves from Rotom-W and Thundurus, can beat the former with Leaf Storm and has a chance to beat the latter with Dragon Pulse if running an offensive variant
-> Note: I was looking at ethan06's Rotom-W analysis and saw HP Ice lol, might be worth noting that you should scout for potential HP Ice from the rare offensive Rotom-W that roam Battle Spot. Also switch into Thundurus with utmost care as Sceptile does not have Lightning Rod pre-mega, not to mention HP Ice = RIP.

Team Options
========

-Zapdos helps check flying types like Talonflame, it can also provide momentum for Sceptile with Volt Switch
Note: Although Toxic is common at 44% usage, if Zapdos doesn't have it, Sceptile can swiftly deal with Hippowdon which can also prevent Stealth Rock on the field which Zapdos/Talonflame don't appreciate. While also dealing with Tyranitar has enough speed to outrun Mega Tyranitar after 1 DD and threaten to OHKO with Focus Blast in sand.
-Tyranitar helps deal with Gengar and flying types, and also likes bulky waters removed from the match.
-> For Flying-types, perhaps note Charizard Y, Talonflame and Zapdos in particular, removes Sun from Charizard Y, and threatens Talonflame and Zapdos.
Note: You could move Mamoswine and Landorus-T closer together in this section, both are able to provide Stealth Rock support which can be useful against certain threats such as removing Multiscale from Dragonite (but both of these happens to deal with Dragonite anyway lol).

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

-Rock Slide to hit Zard Y and Talonflame on the switch, not all that useful otherwise
-> Volcarona as well. Separate Zard Y and Talonflame in the same sentence, because it sounds like you need to hit both these threats on the switch when Sceptile outspeeds Charizard and Volcarona even pre-Mega. (tl;dr 1. Talonflame on the switch 2. OHKO Mega Charizard Y + Volcarona)

Checks and Counters
===================

**Priority moves**: Other common Ice Shard users include Weavile and Cloyster, also mention CB Scizor's BP (especially when not running HP fire).

Comments
===================

Heya GateCreeper, are you still working on this by any chance?
The WIP looks good enough to move onto QC if you're interested/free on polishing things up a bit.
I've got a DT project and more assignments coming after this CNY break, so if you can fix some sections I can look over it before holidays are over so you can get this analysis in written stage!
No pressure though~

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

-Substitutes can be put up when predicting switches, mostly against water types who can’t do much against Sceptile like bulky waters -> Such as Rotom-W, Suicune and Slowbro.

Set Details
========

-Max SpA and max spe to hit fast and hard, and to outspeed Adamant Choice Scarf Lando-t -> Don't forget to mention Timid Nature. To expand on this section, maybe state why Overgrow is preferred over Unburden.

Usage Tips
========

-Loves to switch into electric moves from Rotom-W and Thundurus, can beat the former with Leaf Storm and has a chance to beat the latter with Dragon Pulse if running an offensive variant
-> Note: I was looking at ethan06's Rotom-W analysis and saw HP Ice lol, might be worth noting that you should scout for potential HP Ice from the rare offensive Rotom-W that roam Battle Spot. Also switch into Thundurus with utmost care as Sceptile does not have Lightning Rod pre-mega, not to mention HP Ice = RIP.

Team Options
========

-Zapdos helps check flying types like Talonflame, it can also provide momentum for Sceptile with Volt Switch
Note: Although Toxic is common at 44% usage, if Zapdos doesn't have it, Sceptile can swiftly deal with Hippowdon which can also prevent Stealth Rock on the field which Zapdos/Talonflame don't appreciate. While also dealing with Tyranitar has enough speed to outrun Mega Tyranitar after 1 DD and threaten to OHKO with Focus Blast in sand.
-Tyranitar helps deal with Gengar and flying types, and also likes bulky waters removed from the match.
-> For Flying-types, perhaps note Charizard Y, Talonflame and Zapdos in particular, removes Sun from Charizard Y, and threatens Talonflame and Zapdos.
Note: You could move Mamoswine and Landorus-T closer together in this section, both are able to provide Stealth Rock support which can be useful against certain threats such as removing Multiscale from Dragonite (but both of these happens to deal with Dragonite anyway lol).

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

-Rock Slide to hit Zard Y and Talonflame on the switch, not all that useful otherwise
-> Volcarona as well. Separate Zard Y and Talonflame in the same sentence, because it sounds like you need to hit both these threats on the switch when Sceptile outspeeds Charizard and Volcarona even pre-Mega. (tl;dr 1. Talonflame on the switch 2. OHKO Mega Charizard Y + Volcarona)

Checks and Counters
===================

**Priority moves**: Other common Ice Shard users include Weavile and Cloyster, also mention CB Scizor's BP (especially when not running HP fire).

Comments
===================

Heya GateCreeper, are you still working on this by any chance?
The WIP looks good enough to move onto QC if you're interested/free on polishing things up a bit.
I've got a DT project and more assignments coming after this CNY break, so if you can fix some sections I can look over it before holidays are over so you can get this analysis in written stage!
No pressure though~
Completely forgot that I was I doing this analysis, thanks for posting here and giving me an alert bobo :)

I still plan to continue working on this, although I don't feel like this is necessarily ready for the QC stage yet. I feel like I need to expand a bit more on the team options and C&C sections a bit, as there are team combinations I still need to test out ingame (Sceptile + Azumarill + Rotom-H is one that's currently on my mind, as well as Conk, Ferro and Excadrill) and there's a few more checks to Mega Sceptile that I haven't made a mention about (Dragonite, Lucario, Greninja, etc.). I am a bit busy with school at the moment, so it may take a week or two for me to get this onto QC.

Hopefully I can finish things this weekend since it'll be an extended one (Hooray for Canada and Family Day).

Implemented all your suggestions by the way.

EDIT: This is now ready for QC! After some testing there was a lot less than I thought that I needed to change.

Last edited:

bobochan

slow mo my bobo
[OVERVIEW]

-Lightning Rod is a useful ability for Mega Sceptile because it prevents its best asset (mention Speed?) from being hindered by Thunder Wave and it also benefits from the special attack boost should it be hit by an electric move
-Newfound dragon typing helps it a bit, giving it an effective offensive secondary STAB
-> Removing its Fire-type weakness and giving an additional 4x resistance to Water-types.
-Both of its STABs are walled by steel types such as Aegislash, Heatran, Mawile, Ferro and others, which puts a roadblock in its way when trying to clean up teams
-> Replace "others" with Mega Altaria.

[SET]
name: Standard
move 4: Protect / Substitute / Hidden Power Ice

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves

========

-Protect for scouting and to get the speed boost for its mega right away, so it can outspeed threats to its regular form such as Greninja
-> While also allowing it to safely mega evolve in front of Mega Gengar, Mega Lopunny and Mega Manectric.
-Hidden Power Ice for pokemon who are 4x weak to it, mainly Lando-T and Gliscor
Note: HP Ice doesn't deserve a slot in my opinion, only useful for hitting Mega Altaria on the switch. Grass STAB hits Ground-types STABs while you have Dragon STAB for Dragon-types. If you REALLY hate Ground/Flying just move to Other Options at the least.
Consider slashing Hidden Power Fire next to Focus Blast. As you've mentioned, Focus Blast is a powerful, albeit unreliable move that hits Heatran, Ferrothorn and Mega Kangaskhan, although leaving you walled by the likes of Aegislash.
HP Fire nails Ferrothorn, Scizor and can hit Mega Mawile, Aegislash and Mega Gengar, although do mention that running HP Fire results in losing Speed tie with Mega Beedrill (though very uncommon #131). I guess it's a preference on what you think is important for your team to cover.

Set Details
========

Perhaps mention here why Overgrow is preferred over Unburden (5%). As Earthquake and Rock Slide are both top 10 moves, maybe its worthwhile to forgo Sub/Protect and go straight for the coverage, as Earthquake + HP Fire covers most Steel-types and is unexpected. Make sure to Naive or Hasty nature when packing these physical attacks. And since HP Fire loses you Speed tie, you may even consider running some EVs in Attack (if using EQ/RS) or just allocating to bulk. Sceptile is quite flexible with its spread I think. As a late game cleaner, Sceptile could really use the extra coverage.

Usage Tips
========

-Great revenge killer due to its speed, and rather high special attack -> Good idea to mention somewhere to mega evolve as soon as possible.
-Like to switch into bulky waters when a scald is coming, as it doesn’t mind burns much and can likely OHKO with Leaf Storm in return.
Worth noting: Coming in on a Calm Mind from Suicune can be risky, as Leaf Storm will fail to 2OHKO while getting the sharp Special Attack drop (sometimes even miss), while Suicune then can rest up and things can get out of hand quickly. Sceptile's next reliable STAB Energy Ball, has less than 50% to 2OHKO after 1 CM boost.
Also note: Mention somewhere that despite its useful resistances to Ground-types, Earthquake from Scarf Landorus-T is almost a 2HKO, therefore beware switching into attacks or don't switch in at all.

Team Options
========

-Heatran has great type synergy with Sceptile and takes care of Talonflame and steels like Aegislash and Mawile
You can also add here: Rotom-H does pretty much the same job as well (#8 most common seen with Sceptile).

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options

=============

-Rock Slide to hit Zard Y and Volcarona relatively hard, and also hits Talonflame on the switch. Not all that useful otherwise
Note: Actually, Rock Slide is a clean OHKO on all three of these mons, and having that clutch 30% to flinch (along with Mega Sceptile's superb Speed), is pretty damn useful.
-Earthquake hits more threats than just Aegislash (see Set Comments/Details).

Checks and Counters
===================

**Bulky Pokemon**: Mention Mega Venusaur.

**Fairy Types**: Mention Mega Altaria.

Comments
===================

Good job GC! Things are looking pretty sweet, comments in purple. Carefully implement these changes and I'll go over it again right away.

Changes have been made. Although I'm sort of confused on what Earthquake hits that Hidden Power Fire/Focus Blast doesn't already cover besides Aegi and Heatran. Earthquake only 2HKOs Mega Gengar and Dragon Pulse 2HKOs it as well, so I don't think that's worth mentioning imo.

bobochan

slow mo my bobo
Set Details
========

-If Hidden Power Fire is used, some speed EVs can be allocated into bulk or attack if a physical move is being run since Sceptile no longer wins speed ties against opposing Sceptile and Mega Beedrill.
Maybe provide one sample spread when using HP Fire or Naive nature (maybe to outspeed Raikou or something before Mega, not sure).

Team Options
========

-Aegislash defeats fairies that Sceptile hates, while Scpetile handles the grounds that Aegi has a disadvantage against
Add: SubToxic variants of Aegislash does well against Cresselia and Porygon2, both of which Mega Sceptile really struggles with.
(Mega Sceptile won't be coming into every battle, as some match ups may prove difficult, such as fly spam, steel spam or stall, perhaps add a Mega or two as backup):
-Mega Kangaskhan is bulky and does relatively well against Fairy-types and can threaten certain Steel-types with Parental Bond EQ. In turn, Sceptile does well against some of Kangaskhan's defensive checks that it struggles with, such as Suicune and Hippowdon.
-Suicune is a nice partner for Sceptile, as it also appreciates bulky Water-types removed such as opposing Suicune, Rotom-W and of course Mega Slowbro (in the case of CM war). In turn, Suicune fares very well against Mega Sableye and stall teams in general, something both Mega Sceptile and Kangaskhan struggles with. Suicune is also a good answer to Flying-types such as Talonflame and Mega Salamence. In case things get out of hand (DD), has the bulk to ROAR (35% usage).
EDIT: Missed the part with Suicune where you mentioned Gyarados sorry, lol. You can still make some modifications if you want I guess.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options

=============

-Rock Slide to OHKO Zard Y and Volcarona, and also OHKO Talonflame on the switch. 30% flinch chance can be useful as well due to Sceptile's superb Speed.
-Earthquake to hit steel types like Heatran and Aegi. (Add a few more here: like Mega Lucario and Mega Mawile?)

Checks and Counters
===================

**Steel Types**: No need to mention Aegislash twice (I believe) since you already have a separate entry for it above.

**Fairy Types**: Although relatively uncommon at 8%, worth a mention as Sap Sipper Azumarill is a Fairy-type that completely walls Mega Sceptile.

Comments
===================

Really nice work GC! You've pretty much implemented all of the things from my previous post c:
Just a few minor nitpicks before you write this up, otherwise I'll leave da rest to second QC~

1/2

Last edited:
So life has been busy for me for the past few months and I never got to writing this even when I had free time (Fire Emblem Fates and Pokken distracted me so much >_<). I also took a bit of a break from Pokemon as a whole so I wasn't really convinced to play or write anything about it. I've been slowly bringing myself back into the community ever since last week so I apologize for any inactivity that I may have had. I plan to do another analysis as soon as I get this one done.

With that said, this analysis is now ready for its second QC!

[OVERVIEW]

With a useful ability in Lightning Rod, Mega Sceptile gains immunity to Electric-type moves and benefits from the special attack boost that Lightning Rod offers, once it switches into an Electric-type move.(make a mention of being immune to TWave, that's huge for something really fast) Mega Secptile’s newfound secondary typing in Dragon is a huge boon, as it now has a secondary STAB to utilize and grants a removal of a weakness to Fire-types and and a 4x resistance to Water-types, improving its matchup with the likes of Charizard(slight nitpick, the charizard matchup is a little iffy imo), Heatran and Rotom-Heat.

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves

========

Some primary targets of Dragon Pulse include Salamence, Gengar, Talonflame, Thundurus, and Blaziken(i don't really like the mention of Talon and Blaz cause its kinda unlikely Scep will survive against them).

Checks and Counters
===================

**Faster Pokemon** Pokemon such as Choice Scarf Garchomp, Mega Blaziken, Mega Gengar and Greninja all outspeed Mega Sceptile before the speed boost gained from its Mega form and OHKO Mega Sceptile with relative ease. (I would mention that Protect helps out against some of these, particularly Greninja and a weakened mega gengar)
A few comments in bold, not much to say. Really nice job man

2/2

Sobi

Banned deucer.
make sure you post this in the GP queue
hi this is an amcheck
ADD / FIX REMOVE COMMENTS
in future, please make sure nothing is bolded here, not the headers nor the c&c tags. also, make sure you use ['] not [’]. finally, if you are talking about mega sceptile, always use mega not just sceptile. thank you :)
[OVERVIEW]

With its blazing fast Speed and relatively high Special Attack which that allows it to take out the likes of Suicune, Mega Salamence, Garchomp, and Rotom-Wash, Mega Sceptile makes for an efficient revenge killer and late-game cleaner in the Battle Spot Singles I think? metagame. With a useful ability in Lightning Rod, Mega Sceptile gains an immunity to Electric-type moves and benefits from the Special Attack boost that Lightning Rod offers, once it switches into an Electric-type move. Additionally, Mega Sceptile's immunity to Thunder Wave is a huge boon for it by completely removing one of the primary methods to lower its Speed, which is Mega Sceptile's greatest asset. Mega Sceptile's Secptile’s newfound no time references please secondary typing in Dragon is a huge benefit boon, as it now has a secondary STAB to utilize and grants a removal of a weakness to Fire-types and and a 4x resistance to Water-types, improving its matchup against with the likes of Heatran and Rotom-Heat. However, Mega Sceptile's newly introduced Grass / Dragon (space) typing also gives it a 4x weakness to Ice and new weaknesses to Dragon- and Fairy-types. Mega Sceptile is quite frail to while priority in Battle Spot Singles, which is is quite common, so it has a disadvantage against common priority users such as Talonflame, Kangaskhan, (AC) and Mamoswine. Although its Grass / Dragon (space) typing has decent coverage on its own, Mega Sceptile's STAB moves are walled by Steel-types such as Aegislash, Mega Mawile, Ferrothorn, and Heatran, making its role at of cleaning teams a lot more difficult. Even with Despite having a high Special Attack stat of 145, Mega Sceptile fails to beat the common walls and bulky Pokemon of Battle Spot such as Cresselia, Porygon2, and specially defensive Thundurus.

[SET]
name: Standard (spoke to QC about this, currently it provides no insight; change it to "All-out Attacker" or something)

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Leaf Storm is Mega Sceptile's strongest STAB move on this moveset. Leaf Storm and allows it Mega Secptile to OHKO Pokemon from the likes of such as Suicune, Rotom-W, Azumarill, and Mamoswine. Dragon Pulse is Mega Sceptile's secondary STAB attack, hitting many of the things that grass gets resisted by Pokemon that resist Grass, such as Salamence, Gengar, Thundurus, and Hydreigon, for neutral or super effective damage. Some primary targets of Dragon Pulse include Salamence, Gengar, Thundurus and Hydreigon. Focus Blast allows Mega Sceptile to hit the Steel-types that its STAB moves fail to hit effectively, such as Heatran and Ferrothorn. Steel-types like Heatran and Ferrothorn are hit for super effective damage with Focus Blast. Focus Blast also OHKOes Mega Kangaskhan, which is quite noteworthy. Hidden Power Fire hits Steel-types that Mega Sceptile cannot normally hit well with its STAB moves. In particular, it hits Ferrothorn and Scizor very hard in particular while also hitting Aegislash and Mega Mawile as well. If running Hidden Power Fire, 30 Speed IVs need to be used which means speed ties against the likes of opposing Mega Sceptile and Mega Beedrill will be lost. <- Put this in SD Both of these Pokemon are uncommon in the Battle Spot Single metagame, so the speed loss does not put Mega Sceptile in any particular disadvantage. Protect can be used for scouting and to get the Speed boost for its mega Mega Evolution right away, so it can outspeed threats to its regular form such as Greninja, Mega Gengar, and Mega Lopunny. When facing a Pokemon who that cannot do much to Mega Sceptile, such as Rotom-Wash, Slowbro, and Suicune, Mega Sceptile can utilize Substitute when predicting a switch to give it a shield of some sorts against to prevent itself from attacks and status moves.

Set Details
========

Sceptilite is mandatory for Mega Sceptile as it is really mediocre outside of its mega form and should not be used when going on the offensive. Overgrow is used over Unburden because Mega Sceptile cannot make use of Unburden at all while holding a Mega Stone, which is the only item Mega Sceptile can use viably. Maximum Special Attack and maximum Speed with a Timid nature allows Mega Sceptile to hit fast and hard. Maximum Speed on this moveset greatly improves Mega Sceptile's matchup against Adamant Choice Scarf Landorus-Therian as it marginally outspeeds it by a little margin. If coverage is preferred on the team, Mega Sceptile can forego both of the moves in the last slot for a coverage move such as Earthquake or Rock Slide. If any of the two moves mentioned earlier are used, Mega Sceptile should utilize a Naive nature so as to not hinder its Attack stat. If Hidden Power Fire is used, an EV spread of 248 SpA / 12 SpD / 248 Spe should be used for maximum efficiency,(comma).(period) and 30 Speed IVs need to be used, meaning Mega Sceptile will not be able to Speed tie with opposing Mega Sceptile and Mega Beedrill.

Usage Tips
========

Once brought onto the field, Sceptile should be mega evolved immediately Mega Evolve at all times to get its new Speed tier the following turn and hit harder with its increased stats. Mega Sceptile is used best used during late-game when everything its checks are is softened up and weakened, using its speed to cleaning up the remaining Pokemon on the opponent's team with its increased Speed. Mega Sceptile is a great revenge killer and should be used as such whenever given the chance. Mega Sceptile does not appreciate switching into some resisted types attacks it resists such as Ground-type attacks, (comma) as it is quite frail so, (comma) one you should be cautious before switching it in into a resisted move. However, Mega Sceptile does not mind switching into types it resists extremely well, such as Scald from a bulky Water-type like Suicune. Mega Sceptile does not mind the potential burn if not using a physical move and can likely retaliate with a quick Leaf Storm for the OHKO. Although Mega Sceptile can safely switch into Suicune's Scald, it can't OHKO it after a Calm Mind boost. Although Suicune is a prime example of this, Mega Sceptile fails to OHKO with Leaf Storm after a Calm Mind boost. Proper scouting for Calm Mind on Suicune is greatly recommended before switching into it. Mega Sceptile loves to switch into Electric-type moves from the likes of Rotom-W, Raikou, Mega Manectric, and Thundurus when Mega it has Mega Evolved. However, one should scout for Hidden Power Ice variants of Rotom-W before switching in, and be wary of possible Hidden Power Ices on the switch from the latter three Pokemon.
(add space)
Team Options
========

Talonflame appreciates having bulky waters Water-types removed from the battlefield which Mega Sceptile is capable of doing. In return, Talonflame takes out major threats to Mega Sceptile, (comma) such as Blaziken and Mega Heracross. Heatran and Rotom-H both have great type synergy with Mega Sceptile and take care of Talonflame and steels Steel-types like Aegislash and Mawile, all big threats to Mega Sceptile. Mega Sceptile checks a majority of the Pokemon that Azumarill dislikes such as Mega Salamence and Rotom-W, while Azumarill can set up and have an easier time to sweep decimated weakened teams. SubToxic Aegislash defeats the Fairies and walls that Mega Sceptile hates such as Sylveon, Mega Gardevoir, Cresselia, and Porygon2. In return, Mega Sceptile handles the Ground-types that Aegislash has a disadvantage against. Mamoswine and Landorus-Therian help with the issues Sceptile has by handling against Thundurus and Aegislash. Both are also able to provide rocks Stealth Rock on the field to hinder threatening Pokemon to Mega Sceptile upon switching in, (comma) such as Talonflame and Dragonite. Landorus-T is also able to provide momentum for Mega Sceptile with a combination of U-turn and Intimidate. In return, (comma) Mega Sceptile deals with the bulky waters Water-types that Mamoswine and Landorus-Therian struggle with on. One of Gyarados and Suicune are nice to have able to deal with Mamoswine, Talonflame, Blaziken, and Kangaskhan with Rocky Helmet, while Mega Sceptile resists Grass and is immune to Electric-types with Lightning Rod. Zapdos helps check Flying-types like Talonflame for Mega Sceptile. It also provides momentum for Mega Sceptile with Volt Switch. Mega Sceptile does Zapdos some favors as well by helping check Pokemon like Hippowdon and Mega Tyranitar, both of which Zapdos has a disadvantage against. Tyranitar helps deal with Gengar by Pursuit trapping it and Flying-types such as Talonflame, Mega Charizard Y, and Zapdos which all of which prove to be problems for Mega Sceptile. Tyranitar also appreciates bulky Water-types waters removed from the match. Mega Sceptile often has unfavorable matchups in the current Battle Spot Singles metagame, so a second Mega Pokemon is a good way to mitigate this idea to use to compensate for this. In particular, Mega Kangaskhan and Mega Mawile are good megas Mega Evolutions to bring to for unfavorable matchups against Fairy-types ????. In return, Mega Sceptile can be brought into matches where it can dispose of the threats to Mega Kangaskhan and Mega Mawile, such as Hippowdon and Suicune.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Rock Slide can be used to OHKO Mega Charizard Y and Volcarona, both of which who threaten Mega Sceptile otherwise. Rock Slide also OHKOes Talonflame on the switch. The 30% flinch chance on Rock Slide can be utilized with great effect as well with Mega Sceptile's impressive base 145 Speed stat. Earthquake can be used to hit Steel-types like Heatran, Aegislash, Mega Mawile, and Mega Lucario. Energy Ball or Giga Drain can be used for a more reliable Grass-type STAB move in the last moveslot, but these two moves generally do not see much use, (AC) as Mega Sceptile is meant to hit hard and fast. SubSeed Mega? Sceptile can be used to drain the opposing Pokemon's HP to so that Mega Sceptile can then bring them into KO range with one of its STAB moves. However, Mega Sceptile lacks the bulk to do this with great effectiveness. A physical moveset of Swords Dance / Leaf Blade / Earthquake / Filler is a possibility for Mega Sceptile, but Mega Sceptile lacks the bulk to set up and still lacks the wallbreaking power it wants after a boost.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Priority Moves**: Mega Sceptile's frailty and weakness to priority moves such as Talonflame's Brave Bird and Ice Shard from the likes of Mamoswine, Cloyster, and Weavile means that these Pokemon prove to be an effective check to it. Mega Sceptile also fears strong priority from the likes of Lucario, Scizor, (comma) and Dragonite. (period)

**Aegislash**: (colon) Aegislash resists both of its Mega Sceptile's STAB moves and takes little damage from Earthquake while in Shield Form. It can then proceed to either either 2HKO with Shadow Ball or OHKO with Hidden Power Ice.

**Steel-types**: Steel-types like Heatran, Scizor, and Ferrothorn have the benefit of resisting both of Mega Sceptile's STABs STAB moves and most take advantage of Mega Sceptile's frailty. Such pokemon include Heatran, Scizor and Ferrothorn.

**Bulky Pokemon**: Mega Heracross takes a hit from Mega Sceptile and OHKOes it with Pin Missile. Specially defensive Thundurus is capable of taking a few hits from Mega Sceptile, and can 2HKO with Hidden Power Ice. Cresselia and Porygon2 both stomach hits from Mega Sceptile and can use Ice Beam to either 2HKO or OHKO, respectively. Volcarona and Mega Charizard Y can take a hit and KO Mega Sceptile or set up in Volcarona's case if lacking Rock Slide. Mega Venusaur is capable of taking a few hits from Mega Sceptile and OHKOes with Sludge Bomb. (period)

**Faster Pokemon** Pokemon such as Choice Scarf Garchomp, Mega Blaziken, Mega Gengar, (comma) and Greninja all outspeed Mega Sceptile before the Speed boost gained it gains from its Mega Evolution form and OHKO Mega Sceptile with relative ease. However, the use of Protect to get the Speed boost from Sceptile's Mega Evolution allows it to outspeed the likes of Greninja and Gengar and get the upper hand of on them.

**Fairy-types** Mega Mawile resists both of its Mega Sceptile's STAB moves STABs and OHKOes with Play Rough. Sylveon and Mega Gardevoir can take a Leaf Storm hit and OHKO with Hyper Voice. Mega Sceptile gets walled hard by Mega Altaria if lacking Hidden Power Ice and Mega Altaria can easily OHKO or set up on it, depending on the moveset the Mega Altaria runs moves. Albeit Although a little (wouldn't call ~7% compared to ~92% [Huge Power] a "little uncommon") uncommon, Sap Sipper Azumarill is capable of walling Mega Sceptile's STAB moves completely.
wow this took me a long time :>

P Squared

a great unrecorded history
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
GP 1/2 since it looks like you implemented only some of Sobi's stuff it was kind of hard to go through, so I just started a new one but used a lot of Sobi's edits... I will also edit my post in a bit going through the amcheck in more detail. but yeah OP can implement now. ALSO MAKE SURE ALL APOSTROPHES LOOK LIKE THIS: '
[OVERVIEW]

With its blazing fast Speed and relatively high Special Attack that which allows it to take out the likes of Suicune, Mega Salamence, Garchomp, and Rotom-W, Mega Sceptile makes for an efficient revenge killer and late-game cleaner in the Battle Spot Singles metagame. With a useful ability in Lightning Rod, (RC) gives Mega Sceptile gains immunity to Electric-type moves and benefits from the a Special Attack boost if it switches into one that Lightning Rod offers,. (AP) Additionally, Mega Sceptile's immunity to Thunder Wave is a huge boon for it, (AC) by completely removing one of the primary methods to lower its Speed, its greatest asset. Mega Sceptile's secondary typing in Dragon is a huge benefit, as it now has a secondary STAB to utilize and grants it a secondary STAB type to utilize, removes its a removal of a weakness to Fire-types, (AC) and gives it and a 4x resistance to Water-types, improving its matchup against the likes of Heatran and Rotom-Heat. However, Mega Sceptile's newly introduced Grass / Dragon typing also gives it a 4x weakness to Ice and new weaknesses to Dragon and Fairy-type. Mega Sceptile is also quite frail, and while priority in Battle Spot Singles is quite common, so it has a disadvantage against common priority users such as Talonflame, Kangaskhan, (AC) and Mamoswine. Although Grass / Dragon typing has decent coverage on its own, Mega Sceptile's STAB moves are walled by Steel-types such as Aegislash, Mega Mawile, Ferrothorn, and Heatran, making its role at cleaning teams a lot more difficult. Even with a high base Special Attack stat of 145, Mega Sceptile fails to beat the common walls and bulky Pokemon of Battle Spot such as Cresselia, Porygon2, and specially defensive Thundurus.

[SET]
name: Standard (see Sobi's note: "spoke to QC about this, currently it provides no insight; change it to "All-out Attacker" or something")

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Leaf Storm is Mega Sceptile's strongest STAB move on this moveset. Leaf Storm and allows Mega Secptile it to OHKO pokemon from the likes of Suicune, Rotom-W, Azumarill, and Mamoswine. Dragon Pulse is Sceptile's secondary STAB attack, hitting many of the things that resist Grass gets resisted by for neutral or super effective damage. Some primary targets of Dragon Pulse include, such as Salamence, Gengar, Thundurus, (AC) and Hydreigon. Focus Blast allows Mega Sceptile to hit the Steel-types that its STAB moves fail to hit effectively, such as. Steel-types like Heatran and Ferrothorn are hit for super effective damage with Focus Blast. Focus Blast also OHKOes Mega Kangaskhan, which is quite noteworthy. Hidden Power Fire provides similar coverage, hitting hits Steel-types that Sceptile cannot normally hit well with its STABs. It hits Ferrothorn and Scizor very hard in particular while also hitting Aegislash and Mega Mawile as well. If running Hidden Power Fire, 30 Speed IVs need to be used which means speed ties against the likes of opposing Mega Sceptile and Mega Beedrill will be lost. Both of these pokemon are uncommon in the Battle Spot Single metagame, so the speed loss does not put Mega Sceptile in any particular disadvantage. (probably should go in Set Details) Protect can be used for scouting and to get the speed boost for its mega from Sceptile's Mega Evolution right away, (RC) so it can outspeed threats to its regular form base forme such as Greninja, Mega Gengar, and Mega Lopunny. When facing a Pokemon who that cannot do much to Mega Sceptile, such as Rotom-Wash, Slowbro, or Suicune, Mega Sceptile can utilize Substitute when predicting a switch to give itself a shield of some sorts against attacks and status moves.

Set Details
========

Sceptilite is mandatory for Mega Sceptile, (AC) as it is really mediocre outside of its Mega forme and should not be used when going on the offensive. Overgrow is used over Unburden because Mega Sceptile cannot make use of Unburden at all while holding a Mega Stone, which is the only item Mega Sceptile can use viably. Maximum Special Attack and max Speed with a Timid nature allows Mega Sceptile to hit fast and hard. Maximum Speed on this moveset greatly improves Mega Sceptile's matchup against Adamant Choice Scarf Landorus-Therian, letting it as it outspeeds it by a little small margin. If coverage is preferred on the team, Sceptile can forgo both of the moves in the last slot for a coverage move such as Earthquake or Rock Slide. If it does any of the two moves mentioned earlier are used, Mega Sceptile should utilize a Naive nature so as to not hinder its Attack stat. If Hidden Power Fire is used, an EV spread of 248 SpA / 12 SpD / 248 Spe should be used for maximum efficiency along with 30 Speed IVs. Note that Mega Sceptile then will not be able to Speed tie with opposing Mega Sceptile and Mega Beedrill, although they are uncommon, so the Speed loss does not put it at a great disadvantage.

Usage Tips
========

Once brought on the field, Sceptile should be mega evolved immediately Mega Evolve at all times to get its new Speed tier the following turn and hit harder with its increased stats. Mega Sceptile is used best during the late-game when everything is softened up and weakened, using its Speed to clean up the remaining Pokemon on the opponent's team. Mega Sceptile is a great revenge killer and should be used as such whenever given the chance. It Mega Sceptile does not appreciate switching into some resisted types such as Ground, (AC) as it is quite frail, (AC) so one should be cautious before switching it in into a resisted move. However, Mega Sceptile does not mind switching into types it resists extremely well, such as Scald from a bulky Water-type like Suicune. Mega Sceptile does not mind the potential burn if not using running a physical move and can likely retaliate with a quick Leaf Storm for the OHKO. However, note that Although Suicune is a prime example of this, Mega Sceptile fails to OHKO Suicune with Leaf Storm after a Calm Mind boost, so proper scouting for Calm Mind on Suicune is greatly recommended before switching into it. Mega Sceptile loves to switch into Electric-type moves from the likes of Rotom-W, Raikou, Mega Manectric, and Thundurus when Mega evolved. However, one should scout for Hidden Power Ice variants of Rotom-W before switching in, (RC) and be wary of possible Hidden Power Ices on the switch from the latter three Pokemon.
(space)
Team Options
========

Talonflame appreciates having bulky Water-types removed from the battlefield, (AC) which Sceptile is capable of doing; in return, it Talonflame takes out major threats to Mega Sceptile such as Blaziken and Mega Heracross. Heatran and Rotom-H both have great type synergy with Sceptile and take care of Talonflame and Steel-types like Aegislash and Mawile, all big threats to Mega Sceptile. Mega Sceptile checks a majority of the Pokemon that Azumarill dislikes such as Mega Salamence and Rotom-W, while Azumarill can set up and have an easier time to sweep decimated sweeping weakened teams. Substitute + Toxic Aegislash defeats the Fairies and walls that Mega Sceptile hates such as Sylveon, Mega Gardevoir, Cresselia, and Porygon2. In return, Mega Sceptile handles the Ground-types that Aegislash has a disadvantage against. Mamoswine and Landorus-Therian help with the issues Sceptile has against Thundurus and Aegislash. Both and are also able to provide Stealth Rock on the field to hinder threatening Pokemon to Sceptile such as Talonflame and Dragonite. Landorus-T is also able to provide momentum for Sceptile with a combination of U-turn and Intimidate. In return, (AC) Sceptile deals with the bulky Water-types that Mamoswine and Landorus-Therian struggle with on. One of Gyarados and or Suicune are is a nice teammate to have to deal with Mamoswine, Talonflame, Blaziken, and Kangaskhan with Rocky Helmet, while Mega Sceptile resists Grass and is immune to Electric-types with Lightning Rod. Zapdos helps check Flying-types like Talonflame for Mega Sceptile. It also and provides momentum for it Sceptile with Volt Switch. Sceptile does Zapdos some favors as well by helping check Pokemon like Hippowdon and Mega Tyranitar, both of which Zapdos has a disadvantage against. Tyranitar helps deal with Gengar by Pursuit trapping it and dealing with and Flying-types such as Talonflame, Mega Charizard Y, and Zapdos, (AC) which all prove to be problems for Sceptile. Tyranitar also appreciates having bulky Water-types removed from the match. Mega Sceptile often has unfavorable matchups in the current Battle Spot Singles metagame, so running a second Mega Pokemon is a good idea as a backup to use to compensate for this. In particular, Mega Kangaskhan and Mega Mawile are good megas to bring to for choices for when the team has an unfavorable matchups against Fairy-types. In return, Meanwhile, Mega Sceptile can be brought into matches where it can dispose of the threats to Mega Kangaskhan and Mega Mawile, such as Hippowdon and Suicune.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Rock Slide can be used to OHKO Mega Charizard Y and Volcarona, both of which who threaten Mega Sceptile otherwise. Rock Slide also OHKOes Talonflame on the switch. The 30% flinch chance on Rock Slide can be utilized with to great effect as well with Mega Sceptile's impressive base 145 Speed stat. Earthquake can be used to hit Steel-types like Heatran, Aegislash, Mega Mawile, and Mega Lucario. Energy Ball or Giga Drain can be used for a more reliable Grass-type STAB move in the last moveslot, but these two moves generally do not see much use, (AC) as Mega Sceptile is meant to hit hard and fast. SubSeed Sceptile can be used to drain the opposing Pokemon's HP to bring them into the KO range of with one of its STAB moves. However, Mega Sceptile lacks the bulk to do this with great effectiveness. A physical moveset of Swords Dance / Leaf Blade / Earthquake/Filler with a filler move is a possiblity for Mega Sceptile, but Sceptile lacks the bulk to set up and still lacks the wallbreaking power it wants after a boost.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Priority Moves**: Mega Sceptile's frailty and weakness to priority moves such as Talonflame's Brave Bird and Ice Shard from the likes of Mamoswine, Cloyster, and Weavile mean that these Pokemon prove to be an effective checks to it. Mega Sceptile fears strong priority from the likes of Lucario, Scizor, (AC) and Dragonite as well.

**Aegislash**: (add colon) Aegislash resists both of its STABs Mega Sceptile's STAB types and takes little damage from Earthquake while in Shield forme. It can then proceed to either either 2HKO with Shadow Ball or OHKO with Hidden Power Ice.

**Steel-types**: Steel-types have the benefit of resisting both of Mega Sceptile's STAB types, and most can take advantage of Mega Sceptile's its frailty. Such Pokemon include Heatran, Scizor, (AC) and Ferrothorn.

**Bulky Pokemon**: Mega Heracross takes a hit from Sceptile and OHKOes it with Pin Missile. Specially defensive Thundurus is capable of taking a few hits from Mega Sceptile, (RC) and can 2HKO with Hidden Power Ice. Cresselia and Porygon2 both stomach hits from Sceptile and can use Ice Beam to either 2HKO or OHKO, respectively. Volcarona and Mega Charizard Y can take a hit and KO Sceptile or set up in Volcarona's case if Sceptile lacks lacking Rock Slide. Mega Venusaur is capable of taking a few hits from Sceptile and OHKOes with Sludge Bomb. (AP)

**Faster Pokemon**: (add colon) Pokemon such as Choice Scarf Garchomp, Mega Blaziken, Mega Gengar, (AC) and Greninja all outspeed Mega Sceptile before and while it Mega Evolves the speed boost gained from its Mega form and OHKO Mega Sceptile with relative ease. However, the use of Protect to safely get the speed boost from Sceptile's Mega Evolution allows it to outspeed them likes of Greninja and Gengar and get the upper hand of them.

**Fairy-types**: (add colon) Mega Mawile resists both of its STABs Mega Sceptile's STAB types and OHKOes it with Play Rough. Sylveon and Mega Gardevoir can take a Leaf Storm hit and OHKO with Hyper Voice. Sceptile gets walled hard by Mega Altaria if lacking Hidden Power Ice, (AC) and Mega Altaria can easily OHKO or set up on it, depending on the moveset the Mega Altaria moves. Albeit a little uncommon, Sap Sipper Azumarill is capable of walling Mega Sceptile's STAB moves completely.

Sobi
[OVERVIEW]

With its (1) blazing fast Speed and relatively high Special Attack (2) which that allows it to take out the likes of Suicune, Mega Salamence, Garchomp, and Rotom-Wash, Mega Sceptile makes for an efficient revenge killer and late-game cleaner in the Battle Spot Singles I think? metagame.
(1) a Speed isn't fast or slow, the Pokemon is; similarly, an Attack stat isn't strong or weak, the Pokemon is. you can use stuff like "high" / "great" / "subpar" / "low" to describe stats, but not "fast" / "strong" etc. so no "fast Speed" here.
(2) I'd say "that" was better here; also, if you are going to change it to "which", it has to be preceded by a comma. this is to do with nonrestrictive / restrictive clauses, which (yo check out that comma) you can read about here.
(3) With a useful ability in Lightning Rod, Mega Sceptile gains an immunity to Electric-type moves (4) and benefits from the Special Attack boost that Lightning Rod offers, once it switches into an Electric-type move.
(3) this sentence starts the same way as the previous sentence, so it could be good to rephrase it to avoid that repetition of sentence structure.
(4) if you ignore the immunity to Electric-types moves stuff, this sentence says "With a useful ability in Lightning Rod, Mega Sceptile benefits from the Special Attack boost that Lightning Rod offers." kind of weird sounding with the unnecessary extra Lightning Rod mention at the end.
Additionally, Mega Sceptile's immunity to Thunder Wave is a huge boon for it by completely removing one of the primary methods to lower its Speed (5), which is Mega Sceptile's greatest asset.
(5) this seemed like helpful information, so I would've kept it!
Mega Sceptile's Secptile’s newfound no time references please secondary typing in Dragon is a huge benefit boon, as (6) it now has a secondary STAB to utilize and grants a removal of a weakness to Fire-types and and a 4x resistance to Water-types, improving its matchup against with the likes of Heatran and Rotom-Heat.
(6) let's zero in on this: "it now has a secondary STAB [...] and grants a removal [...]". "it" has to be the thing doing both of the having and the granting, according to the sentence. but what's the thing that has the secondary STAB? it's Mega Sceptile... whereas the thing that grants a removal (of a weakness) is not Sceptile, it's the typing.
However, Mega Sceptile's newly introduced Grass / Dragon (space) typing also gives it a 4x weakness to Ice and new weaknesses to Dragon- and Fairy-types. Mega Sceptile (7) is quite frail to while priority in Battle Spot Singles, which is is quite common, so it has a disadvantage against common priority users such as Talonflame, Kangaskhan, (AC) and Mamoswine.
(7) Mega Sceptile is frail in general, but the edit changes the meaning to say it's frail to priority in particular. i'd try to avoid changing meaning
Although its Grass / Dragon (space) typing has decent coverage on its own, Mega Sceptile's STAB moves are walled by Steel-types such as Aegislash, Mega Mawile, Ferrothorn, and Heatran, making its role at of cleaning teams a lot more difficult. (8) Even with Despite having a high Special Attack stat of 145, Mega Sceptile fails to beat the common walls and bulky Pokemon of Battle Spot such as Cresselia, Porygon2, and specially defensive Thundurus.
(8) "Even with" seems fine to me
Leaf Storm is Mega Sceptile's strongest STAB move on this moveset. Leaf Storm and allows it Mega Secptile to OHKO Pokemon from the likes of such as Suicune, Rotom-W, Azumarill, and Mamoswine. Dragon Pulse is Mega Sceptile's secondary STAB attack, hitting many of the things that grass gets resisted by Pokemon that resist Grass, such as Salamence, Gengar, Thundurus, and Hydreigon, for neutral or super effective damage. Some primary targets of Dragon Pulse include Salamence, Gengar, Thundurus and Hydreigon. Focus Blast allows Mega Sceptile to hit the Steel-types that its STAB moves fail to hit effectively, such as Heatran and Ferrothorn. Steel-types like Heatran and Ferrothorn are hit for super effective damage with Focus Blast. Focus Blast also OHKOes Mega Kangaskhan, which is quite noteworthy. (9) Hidden Power Fire hits Steel-types that Mega Sceptile cannot normally hit well with its STAB moves. In particular, it hits Ferrothorn and Scizor very hard in particular while also hitting Aegislash and Mega Mawile as well.
(9) great work in this section; the only note i have is that having basically "Focus Blast lets it hit the Steel-types that its STAB moves can't. Hidden Power Fire lets it hit the Steel-types that its STAB moves can't." isn't the best, which is why i changed up the sentence structure of the Hidden Power sentence in my check.
If running Hidden Power Fire, 30 Speed IVs need to be used which means speed ties against the likes of opposing Mega Sceptile and Mega Beedrill will be lost. <- Put this in SD Both of these Pokemon are uncommon in the Battle Spot Single metagame, so the speed loss does not put Mega Sceptile in any particular disadvantage. Protect can be used for scouting and to get the Speed boost for its mega Mega Evolution right away, so it can outspeed threats to its regular (10) form such as Greninja, Mega Gengar, and Mega Lopunny. When facing a Pokemon who that cannot do much to Mega Sceptile, such as Rotom-Wash, Slowbro, and Suicune, Mega Sceptile can utilize Substitute when predicting a switch to give it a shield of some sorts against (11) to prevent itself from attacks and status moves.
(10) minor thing but when it comes to Mega Pokemon, it's forme with an e at the end. basically if the Pokemon changes stats between its formes, it's formes with an e (Therian forme, non-Mega forme, Giratina's Origin forme, Shaymin's Land forme). if it's just cosmetic, it's forms with no e (Cherrim's overcast form, Sawsbuck's summer form, Unown's forms). the difference is more apparent in the Japanese: すがた (form) and フォルム (forme). Bulbapedia has a decent page on this
(11) probably just you rushing, i assume you meant "protect" rather than "prevent"
Sceptilite is mandatory for Mega Sceptile as it is really mediocre outside of its mega form and should not be used when going on the offensive. Overgrow is used over Unburden because Mega Sceptile cannot make use of Unburden at all while holding a Mega Stone, which is the only item Mega Sceptile can use viably. Maximum Special Attack and maximum Speed with a Timid nature allows Mega Sceptile to hit fast and hard. Maximum Speed on this moveset greatly improves Mega Sceptile's matchup against Adamant Choice Scarf Landorus-Therian (12) as it marginally outspeeds it by a little margin.
(12) good stuff here again, only note is that we need a comma before "as" when it means "because"
If coverage is preferred on the team, Mega Sceptile can forego both of the moves in the last slot for a coverage move such as Earthquake or Rock Slide. If any of the two moves (13) mentioned earlier are used, Mega Sceptile should utilize a Naive nature so as to not hinder its Attack stat. If Hidden Power Fire is used, an EV spread of 248 SpA / 12 SpD / 248 Spe should be used for maximum efficiency,(comma).(period) and 30 Speed IVs need to be used, meaning Mega Sceptile will not be able to Speed tie with opposing Mega Sceptile and Mega Beedrill.
(13) said moves were mentioned right in the end of the previous sentence, but "mentioned earlier" sorta implies that they were said ... maybe a couple sentences ago
Once brought onto the field, Sceptile should be mega evolved immediately Mega Evolve at all times to get its new Speed tier the following turn and hit harder with its increased stats. Mega Sceptile is used best used during late-game when everything its checks are is softened up and weakened, using its speed to cleaning up the remaining Pokemon on the opponent's team with its increased Speed. Mega Sceptile is a great revenge killer and should be used as such whenever given the chance. Mega Sceptile does not appreciate switching into some resisted types attacks it resists such as Ground-type attacks, (comma) as it is quite frail so, (comma) one you should be cautious before switching it in into a resisted move. However, Mega Sceptile does not mind switching into types it resists extremely well, such as Scald from a bulky Water-type like Suicune. Mega Sceptile does not mind the potential burn if not using a physical move and can likely retaliate with a quick Leaf Storm for the OHKO. Although Mega Sceptile can safely switch into Suicune's Scald, it can't OHKO it after a Calm Mind boost. Although Suicune is a prime example of this, Mega Sceptile fails to OHKO with Leaf Storm after a Calm Mind boost. Proper scouting for Calm Mind on Suicune is greatly recommended before switching into it. Mega Sceptile loves to switch into Electric-type moves from the likes of Rotom-W, Raikou, Mega Manectric, and Thundurus (14) when Mega it has Mega Evolved.
(14) great, only thing to note is that Mega Sceptile by definition is always Mega Evolved. so those few words at the end are redundant.
However, one should scout for Hidden Power Ice variants of Rotom-W before switching in, and be wary of possible Hidden Power Ices on the switch from the latter three Pokemon.
(add space)
Team Options
========

Talonflame appreciates having bulky waters Water-types removed from the battlefield (15) which Mega Sceptile is capable of doing.
(16) comma before which cuz nonrestrictive
In return, Talonflame takes out major threats to Mega Sceptile, (comma) such as Blaziken and Mega Heracross. Heatran and Rotom-H both have great type synergy with Mega Sceptile and take care of Talonflame and steels Steel-types like Aegislash and Mawile, all big threats to Mega Sceptile. Mega Sceptile checks a majority of the Pokemon that Azumarill dislikes such as Mega Salamence and Rotom-W, while Azumarill can set up and have an easier time to sweep decimated weakened teams. SubToxic Aegislash defeats the Fairies and walls that Mega Sceptile hates such as Sylveon, Mega Gardevoir, Cresselia, and Porygon2. In return, Mega Sceptile handles the Ground-types that Aegislash has a disadvantage against. Mamoswine and Landorus-Therian help with the issues Sceptile has by handling against Thundurus and Aegislash. Both are also able to provide rocks Stealth Rock on the field to hinder threatening Pokemon to Mega Sceptile upon switching in, (comma) such as Talonflame and Dragonite. Landorus-T is also able to provide momentum for Mega Sceptile with a combination of U-turn and Intimidate. In return, (comma) Mega Sceptile deals with the bulky waters Water-types that Mamoswine and Landorus-Therian struggle with on. One of Gyarados and Suicune are nice to have able to deal with Mamoswine, Talonflame, Blaziken, and Kangaskhan with Rocky Helmet, while Mega Sceptile resists Grass and is immune to Electric-types with Lightning Rod. Zapdos helps check Flying-types like Talonflame for Mega Sceptile. It also provides momentum for Mega Sceptile with Volt Switch. Mega Sceptile does Zapdos some favors as well by helping check Pokemon like Hippowdon and Mega Tyranitar, both of which Zapdos has a disadvantage against. Tyranitar helps deal with Gengar by Pursuit trapping it and Flying-types such as Talonflame, Mega Charizard Y, and Zapdos (17) which all of which prove to be problems for Mega Sceptile. Tyranitar also appreciates bulky Water-types waters removed from the match. Mega Sceptile often has unfavorable matchups in the current Battle Spot Singles metagame, so a second Mega Pokemon is a good way to mitigate this idea to use to compensate for this. In particular, Mega Kangaskhan and Mega Mawile are good megas Mega Evolutions to bring to for unfavorable matchups against Fairy-types ????. In return, Mega Sceptile can be brought into matches where it can dispose of the threats to Mega Kangaskhan and Mega Mawile, such as Hippowdon and Suicune.
(17) good good, just remember that comma before which. also this isn't really necessary but i think it's good to put two short, related sentences together. so like "Landorus-T does x. It also does y." can just be turned into "Landorus-T does x and y".
Rock Slide can be used to OHKO Mega Charizard Y and Volcarona, both of which who threaten Mega Sceptile otherwise. Rock Slide also OHKOes Talonflame on the switch. The 30% flinch chance on Rock Slide can be utilized with great effect as well with Mega Sceptile's impressive base 145 Speed stat. Earthquake can be used to hit Steel-types like Heatran, Aegislash, Mega Mawile, and Mega Lucario. Energy Ball or Giga Drain can be used for a more reliable Grass-type STAB move in the last moveslot, but these two moves generally do not see much use, (AC) as Mega Sceptile is meant to hit hard and fast. SubSeed Mega? Sceptile can be used to drain the opposing Pokemon's HP to so that Mega Sceptile can then bring them into KO range with one of its STAB moves. However, Mega Sceptile lacks the bulk to do this with great effectiveness. A physical moveset of Swords Dance / Leaf Blade / Earthquake / Filler is a possibility for Mega Sceptile, but Mega Sceptile lacks the bulk to set up and still lacks the wallbreaking power it wants after a boost.
-thumbs up-
**Priority Moves**: Mega Sceptile's frailty and weakness to priority moves such as Talonflame's Brave Bird and Ice Shard from the likes of Mamoswine, Cloyster, and Weavile means that these Pokemon prove to be an effective check to it. Mega Sceptile also fears strong priority from the likes of Lucario, Scizor, (comma) and Dragonite. (period)

**Aegislash**: (colon) Aegislash resists both of its Mega Sceptile's STAB moves and takes little damage from Earthquake while in (18) Shield Form. It can then proceed to either either 2HKO with Shadow Ball or OHKO with Hidden Power Ice.
(18) Shield forme :>
**Steel-types**: Steel-types like Heatran, Scizor, and Ferrothorn have the benefit of resisting both of Mega Sceptile's STABs STAB moves and most take advantage of Mega Sceptile's frailty. Such pokemon include Heatran, Scizor and Ferrothorn.

**Bulky Pokemon**: Mega Heracross (19) takes a hit from Mega Sceptile and OHKOes it with Pin Missile. Specially defensive Thundurus is capable of taking a few hits from Mega Sceptile (20), and can 2HKO with Hidden Power Ice. Cresselia and Porygon2 both stomach hits from Mega Sceptile and can use Ice Beam to either 2HKO or OHKO, respectively. Volcarona and Mega Charizard Y can take a hit and KO Mega Sceptile or set up in Volcarona's case (21) if lacking Rock Slide. Mega Venusaur is capable of taking a few hits from Mega Sceptile and OHKOes with Sludge Bomb. (period)

**Faster Pokemon** Pokemon such as Choice Scarf Garchomp, Mega Blaziken, Mega Gengar, (comma) and Greninja all outspeed Mega Sceptile before the Speed boost gained it gains from its Mega Evolution form and OHKO Mega Sceptile with relative ease. However, the use of Protect to get the Speed boost from Sceptile's Mega Evolution allows it to outspeed the likes of Greninja and Gengar and get the upper hand of on them.

**Fairy-types** Mega Mawile resists both of its Mega Sceptile's STAB moves STABs and OHKOes with Play Rough. Sylveon and Mega Gardevoir can take a Leaf Storm hit and OHKO with Hyper Voice. Mega Sceptile gets walled hard by Mega Altaria if lacking Hidden Power Ice and Mega Altaria can easily OHKO or set up on it, depending on the moveset the Mega Altaria runs moves. Albeit Although a little (wouldn't call ~7% compared to ~92% [Huge Power] a "little uncommon") uncommon, Sap Sipper Azumarill is capable of walling Mega Sceptile's STAB moves completely.
(19) i'm guessing this is a coloring error?
(20) "Thundurus takes a few hits and can 2HKO" is fine; "Thundurus takes a few hits, and it can 2HKO" is fine; "Thundurus takes a few hits, and can 2HKO" is not
(21) it currently sounds like Volcarona is the one lacking Rock Slide, so this needs rewording to make it clear that Mega Sceptile is the one lacking Rock Slide.

Last edited:

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
remove add / fix (comments); (AC=add comma; RC=remove comma; SC=semicolon)
GP 2/2
[OVERVIEW]

With its blazing Speed and relatively high Special Attack that allows it to take out the likes of Suicune, Mega Salamence, Garchomp, and Rotom-W, Mega Sceptile makes for an efficient revenge killer and late-game cleaner in the Battle Spot Singles metagame. Lightning Rod gives Mega Sceptile immunity to Electric-type moves and a Special Attack boost if it switches into one. Additionally, Mega Sceptile's resulting immunity to Thunder Wave is a huge boon for it by completely removing one of the primary methods to lower its Speed, its greatest asset. Mega Sceptile's secondary typing in Dragon is a huge benefit, (AC) as it grants it a secondary STAB type to utilize, removes its weakness to Fire, and gives it a 4x resistance to Water, improving its matchup against the likes of Heatran and Rotom-H. However, Mega Sceptile's Grass / Dragon typing also gives it a 4x weakness to Ice and new weaknesses to Dragon and Fairy. Mega Sceptile is also quite frail, and priority the prevalence of priority in Battle Spot Singles is quite common, so gives it has (optional up to here honestly, but could do with fewer clauses) a disadvantage against common priority users Pokemon (repetition) such as Talonflame, Kangaskhan, and Mamoswine. Although Grass / Dragon typing has decent coverage on its own, Mega Sceptile's STAB moves are walled by Steel-types such as Aegislash, Mega Mawile, Ferrothorn, and Heatran, making its role at cleaning teams a lot more difficult. Even with a high base Special Attack of 145, Mega Sceptile fails to beat the common walls and bulky Pokemon of Battle Spot such as Cresselia, Porygon2, and specially defensive Thundurus.

[SET]
name: All-out Attacker (RH)

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Leaf Storm is Mega Sceptile's strongest STAB move and allows it to OHKO the likes of Suicune, Rotom-W, Azumarill, and Mamoswine. Dragon Pulse is Mega Sceptile’s secondary STAB attack, hitting many Pokemon that resist Grass for neutral or super effective damage such as Salamence, Gengar, Thundurus, and Hydreigon. Focus Blast allows Mega Sceptile to hit the Steel-types that its STAB moves fail to hit effectively, such as Heatran and Ferrothorn. Focus Blast It also OHKOes Mega Kangaskhan, which is quite noteworthy. Hidden Power Fire provides similar coverage, hitting Ferrothorn and Scizor very hard while also hitting Aegislash and Mega Mawile. Protect can be used for scouting and to get the Speed boost from Sceptile's Mega Evolution right away so it can outspeed threats to its base forme such as Greninja, Mega Gengar, and Mega Lopunny. When facing a Pokemon that cannot do much to Mega Sceptile, such as Rotom-W, Slowbro, or Suicune, Mega Sceptile can utilize Substitute when predicting a switch to give itself a shield against attacks and status moves.

Set Details
========

Sceptilite is mandatory for Sceptile, as it is really mediocre outside of its Mega forme and should not be used when going on the offensive. Overgrow is used over Unburden because Mega Sceptile cannot make use of Unburden at all while holding a Mega Stone. Maximum Special Attack and Speed with a Timid nature allows Mega Sceptile to hit fast and hard. Maximum Speed on this moveset greatly improves Mega Sceptile's matchup against Adamant Choice Scarf Landorus-T, letting it outspeed it by a small margin. If coverage is preferred on the team, Mega Sceptile can forgo both of the moves in the last slot for a coverage move such as Earthquake or Rock Slide. If it does, Mega Sceptile should utilize a Naive nature so as to not hinder its Attack stat. If running Hidden Power Fire, 30 Speed IVs need to be used which means Speed ties against the likes of opposing Mega Sceptile and Mega Beedrill will be lost. If Hidden Power Fire is used, an EV spread of 248 SpA / 12 SpD / 248 Spe should be used for maximum efficiency along with 30 Speed IVs. Note that Mega Sceptile then will not be able to Speed tie with opposing Mega Sceptile and Mega Beedrill, although they are uncommon, so the Speed loss does not put it at a great disadvantage.

Usage Tips
========

Once brought on the field, Sceptile should immediately Mega Evolve to get its new Speed tier the following turn and hit harder with its increased stats. Mega Sceptile is used best during the late-game when everything is softened up and weakened, using its Speed to clean up the remaining Pokemon on the opponent's team. Mega Sceptile is a great revenge killer and should be used as such whenever given the chance. It does not appreciate switching even into some attacks it resists such as Ground, as it is quite frail, so one should be cautious before switching it in into a resisted move. However, Mega Sceptile does not mind switching into types it resists extremely well, such as Scald from a bulky Water-type like Suicune. Mega Sceptile does not mind the potential burn if not running a physical move and can likely retaliate with a quick Leaf Storm for the OHKO. However, note that Mega Sceptile fails to OHKO Suicune with Leaf Storm after a Calm Mind boost, so proper scouting for Calm Mind on Suicune is greatly recommended before switching into it. Mega Sceptile loves to switch into Electric-type moves from the likes of Rotom-W, Raikou, Mega Manectric, and Thundurus. However, one should scout for Hidden Power Ice variants of Rotom-W before switching in and be wary of possible Hidden Power Ice on the switch from the latter three Pokemon.

Team Options
========

Talonflame appreciates having bulky Water-types moved from the battlefield, which Sceptile is capable of doing; in return, it takes out major threats to Mega Sceptile such as Blaziken and Mega Heracross. Heatran and Rotom-H both have great type synergy with Sceptile and take care of Talonflame and Steel-types like Aegislash and Mawile, all big threats to Mega Sceptile. (implied + repetitive) Mega Sceptile checks a majority of the Pokemon that Azumarill dislikes such as Mega Salamence and Rotom-W, while Azumarill can set up and have an easier time sweeping weakened teams. Substitute + Toxic Aegislash defeats the Fairies and walls that Mega Sceptile hates such as Sylveon, Mega Gardevoir, Cresselia, and Porygon2. In return, Mega Sceptile handles the Ground-types that Aegislash has a disadvantage against. Mamoswine and Landorus-T help with the issues Mega Sceptile has against Thundurus and Aegislash and are also able to provide Stealth Rock to hinder threatening Pokemon to Mega Sceptile such as Talonflame and Dragonite. Landorus-T is also able to provide momentum for Mega Sceptile with a combination of U-turn and Intimidate. In return, Mega Sceptile deals with the bulky Water-types that Mamoswine and Landorus-T struggle with. Gyarados or Suicune is a nice teammate to have to deal with Mamoswine, Talonflame, Blaziken, and Kangaskhan with Rocky Helmet, while Mega Sceptile resists Grass and is immune to Electric-types with Lightning Rod. Zapdos helps check Flying-types like Talonflame for Mega Sceptile and provides momentum for it with Volt Switch. Sceptile does Zapdos some favors as well by helping check Pokemon like Hippowdon and Mega Tyranitar, both of which Zapdos has a disadvantage against. Tyranitar helps deal with Gengar by Pursuit trapping it and dealing with Flying-types such as Talonflame, Mega Charizard Y, and Zapdos, which all prove to be problems for Mega Sceptile. Tyranitar also appreciates having bulky Water-types removed from the match. Mega Sceptile often has unfavorable matchups in the Battle Spot Singles metagame, so running a second Mega Pokemon is a good idea. In particular, Mega Kangaskhan and Mega Mawile are good choice for when the team has an unfavorable matchup against Fairy-types. Meanwhile, Mega Sceptile can be brought into matches where it can dispose of the threats to Mega Kangaskhan and Mega Mawile, such as Hippowdon and Suicune.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Rock Slide can be used to OHKO Mega Charizard Y and Volcarona, both of which threaten Mega Sceptile otherwise, (comma) Rock Slide also OHKOes as well as OHKO Talonflame on the switch. The 30% flinch chance on Rock Slide can be utilized to great effect as well with Mega Sceptile's impressive base 145 Speed. Earthquake can be used to hit Steel-types like Heatran, Aegislash, Mega Mawile, and Mega Lucario. Energy Ball or Giga Drain can be used for a more reliable Grass-type STAB move in the last moveslot, but these two moves generally do not see much use, as Mega Sceptile is meant to hit hard and fast. SubSeed Sceptile can be used to drain the opposing Pokemon’s HP to bring them into the KO range of one of its STAB moves. However, Mega Sceptile lacks the bulk to do this with great effectiveness. A physical moveset of Swords Dance / Leaf Blade / Earthquake with a filler move is a possibility, but Mega Sceptile lacks the bulk to set up and still lacks the wallbreaking power it wants after a boost.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Priority Moves**: Mega Sceptile's (apostrophe) frailty and weakness to priority moves such as Talonflame's (same) Brave Bird and Ice Shard from the likes of Mamoswine, Cloyster, and Weavile means that these Pokemon prove to be effective checks to it. Mega Sceptile fears strong priority from the likes of Lucario, Scizor, and Dragonite as well.

**Aegislash**: Aegislash resists both of Mega Sceptile's STAB types and takes little damage from Earthquake while in Shield forme. It can then either 2HKO with Shadow Ball or OHKO with Hidden Power Ice.

**Steel-types**: Steel-types have the benefit of resisting both of Mega Sceptile's (apo) STAB types, (AC) and most can take advantage of its frailty. Such Pokemon include Heatran, Scizor, and Ferrothorn.

**Bulky Pokemon**: Mega Heracross takes a hit from Mega Sceptile and OHKOes it with Pin Missile. Specially defensive Thundurus is capable of taking a few hits from Mega Sceptile and can 2HKO with Hidden Power Ice. Cresselia and Porygon2 both stomach hits from Mega Sceptile and can use Ice Beam to either 2HKO or OHKO, respectively. Volcarona and Mega Charizard Y can take a hit and KO Mega Sceptile or set up in Volcarona's case if Mega Sceptile lacks Rock Slide. Mega Venusaur is capable of taking a few hits from Mega Sceptile and OHKOes with Sludge Bomb.

**Faster Pokemon**: Pokemon such as Choice Scarf Garchomp, Mega Blaziken, Mega Gengar, and Greninja all outspeed Sceptile before and while (implied) it Mega Evolves and OHKO Mega Sceptile with relative ease. However, the use of Protect to safely get the Speed boost from Sceptile's Mega Evolution allows it to outspeed them and get the upper hand.

**Fairy-types**: Mega Mawile resists both of Mega Sceptile's STAB types and OHKOes it Play Rough. Sylveon and Mega Gardevoir can take a Leaf Storm and OHKO with Hyper Voice. Mega Sceptile gets walled hard by Mega Altaria if lacking Hidden Power Ice, and Mega Altaria can easily OHKO or set up on it. Albeit a little uncommon, Sap Sipper Azumarill is capable of walling Mega Sceptile's STAB moves completely.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)