sundown
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
[TMS] Nails vs Frania [SHO]
[TER] Actuarily vs Spurrific [BRE]
[FOX] Memoric vs Mishimono [ISL]
[GIB] Paraplegic vs stax [SPA]
[PLA] Z Strats vs Qwello Lee [DYN]

Raiza

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender
[GIB] Paraplegic
vs stax [SPA]

• [TMS] Nails vs Frania [SHO]
  • [TER] Actuarily vs Spurrific [BRE]
  • [FOX] Memoric vs Mishimono [ISL]
  • [GIB] Paraplegic vs stax [SPA]
  • [PLA] Z Strats vs Qwello Lee [DYN]

freezai

Live for the Applause
is a Tiering Contributor
  • [TMS] Nails vs Frania [SHO]
  • [TER] Actuarily vs Spurrific [BRE]
  • [FOX] Memoric vs Mishimono [ISL]
  • [GIB] Paraplegic vs stax [SPA]
  • [PLA] Z Strats vs Qwello Lee [DYN]

Railgun

formerly luisin
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host

Kenix

World Defender

[GIB] Paraplegic
vs stax [SPA]

Mikaav

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

LNumbers

When it's all been said and done, I'm still my #1
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
[TER] Actuarily vs Spurrific [BRE] - go team

Spurrific

is a Community Leaderis a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
Community Leader
[PLA] Z Strats
vs Qwello Lee [DYN]

[TER] Actuarily
vs Spurrific [BRE]
Actuarily vs Spurrific already happened (Spurrific won) so no more predictions for this Week sorry :(

Last edited:

Z Strats

Banned deucer.
Going to go over all the DOU games except my own and give my thoughts on them because I thought it could be fun and might be an interesting read to some people. Don't expect these every week.

Spurrific vs Actuarily: The first DOU game of SCL starts off with a semi basically fullroom team from Spurrific against a Kingdra rain team from Actuarily. I don't really get the Kingdra rain pick at all especially since I was told they were expecting fat, if you're expecting fat at least make Kingdra an Urshifu which is way better anyway Kingdra rain was more of a fish for offense teams in Kartana meta and even still I think Urshifu was just better. Because of this poor matchup choice Justin on preview looks to have a good and simple matchup since there's not much that can be done to pressure p2. I think Justin plays this game relatively well all he had to do for the most part was make sure p2 wasn't too pressured so it could set up trick room. The one thing I disagree with is going Zygarde at the end of turn 4 I'd probably just go p2 myself as it threatens ohkos is faster under trick room and doesn't risk wide guard. It's hard to say Actuarily played bad since he didn't have much of a chance to play at all but I don't think freeze really mattered much (especially if he didn't get the crit burn) because he didn't wide guard t5 for some reason. Even if he didn't get frozen Genesect is quite chipped and can't really do anything when there's an Incineroar and mostly healthy p2 in the back and the game should've still been a straight forward win for Spurrific.

Memoric vs mishimono: Next up is Memo vs Mishi and on preview you could pass this off as a ladder game. We see a set up offense team with Magmar on it from Memo and a double fire tailwind offense team with Whimsicott on it from Mishi. On preview it definitely looks like Mishi has matchup with Lando-I + really any partner being able to apply a huge amount of pressure to all of Memos mons, but Memo definitely appears to have outs with his set up sweepers if he can keep Lando-I and Metagross from being too much of a problem. Mishi ends up leading the aforementioned Lando-I and Metagross against two ground weaks. Now from here I don't really agree with Mishi's plays at all but it worked out from him T1 he risks his most important mon Lando-I but Memo sets up rocks instead of taking advantage, T2 Mishi does a nice protect with Lando-I into Memo's double target which was a good play but I would've stomping tantrum'd the opposing metagross for sure to scout for shuca. T3 Mishi just earth powers the Metagross which worked out because it ended up not being shuca and switching out but if it was shuca (the most common set as of pre-scl) Memo would gladly have traded damage on Metagross for a Lando-I kill, and Mishi would've been in a much tougher position. Turn 4 we once again see Memo not capitalize on an oppurtunity to kill Lando-I and goes for a greedy dance which ends up costing him heavily after a Whimsicott encores the protect and Mishi's win is pretty straight forward and well done from there. Overall Mishi had matchup and ended up playing better and getting the win but I think the game could've been a lot different if it weren't for a few key things Memo didn't capitalize on.

Paraplegic vs stax: From Para we see a more balance team with a Torn randomly thrown on that looks to be built around CM Fini wincon, and from stax we see yet another trick room team this one featuring Stakataka. At first glance it definitely looks like stax has slight matchup again there's no real way to stop p2 from getting trick room up and Stakataka looks like it could be potentially deadly if it gets in. Para definitely has a decent chance though as CM fini does look to have a good matchup especially with the support Para can provide it. Turn one stax gets a nice surprise wisp off on Tsareena which is really good from him and from there pivots in p2 to get a trick room up. From here I think Para misplays quite a bit. Para gets in fini which is really nice but instead of calm minding and weakening the p2 that can actually touch it he focuses lando for some reason which does not seem like a threat. He ends up calm minding too late and his fini ends up dying (to a crit but still doesn't seem like it mattered much). Then when trick room goes down he thousands arrows instead of superpowering the p2 letting trick room go up again while letting p2 recover where he once again partings the lando over p2. From there on it is pretty hard to win and the nail in the coffin is defogging then tailwinding with the torn instead of just attacking stuff. Overall this felt more like stax just coasting on a decent matchup and misplays from his opponent I don't know if it was nerves or what but hopefully we see a better performance from Para next time.

frania vs Nails: Last game of the week is frania vs Nails. From frania we see a Chansey, Pex ,Steela team similar to the one SMB has built and from Nails we have a super bulky trick room team, on paper this match up is very dire for Nails especially with misty terrain as the only way to stop tspikes. Fran ended up misplaying quite a bit letting Diancie just control the board and not bringing in Rilla as much as he should've to get more things poisoned, it ended up becoming super bad when he activated diancies weakness policy. After Diancie got the attack boosts Diancie and attackers proved too much for Fran and after what seems like almost perfect play from Nails he is able to get the victory from a real bad looking matchup.

Week 2!
  • [TMS] Nails vs stax [SPA]
  • [ISL] Mishimono vs Qwello Lee [DYN]
  • [BRE] Spurrific vs Z Strats [PLA]
  • [SHO] Frania vs Paraplegic [GIB]
  • [TER] Actuarily vs Memoric [FOX]
Standings Sheet
[TMS] Nails vs stax [SPA]
[ISL] Mishimono vs Qwello Lee [DYN]
[BRE] Spurrific vs Z Strats [PLA]
[SHO] Frania vs Paraplegic [GIB]
[TER] Actuarily vs Memoric [FOX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)