Metagame SCL I Doubles OU Discussion [$50 + Discord Nitro Prize]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi

spo.ink/shadowtag
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 27 Championis a Past SPL Champion
[TMS] Nails vs stax [SPA]
[ISL] Mishimono vs Qwello Lee [DYN]
[BRE] Spurrific vs Z Strats [PLA]
[SHO] Frania
vs Paraplegic [GIB]
[TER] Actuarily vs Memoric [FOX]

[SHO] Frania
vs Paraplegic [GIB]

[SHO] Frania
vs Paraplegic [GIB]

[SHO] Frania vs Paraplegic [GIB]

LNumbers

When it's all been said and done, I'm still my #1
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
[ISL]
Mishimono vs Qwello Lee [DYN]
[TER] Actuarily
vs Memoric [FOX]

Lunar.

is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
DPL Champion
[TMS] Nails vs stax [SPA] - Goat
[ISL] Mishimono vs Qwello Lee [DYN] - I don't actually know why this feels like a risk. Qwello is great but Z Strats did what he does and brought a team with tricks that ended up catching Qwello off guard. This doesn't mean Qwello isn't capable of winning, he is very good and I do think he will do well. The issue is Mishi has this momentum now that I think they can ride to a positive record.
[BRE] Spurrific vs Z Strats [PLA] - Honestly I just feel like Justin is staying too comfortable. Z Strats will literally use whatever as long as it hits hard on something, and with Justin's teams being pretty exploitable I can see some new tech coming out to win for Z Strats. However, it will be cool to see if Justin changes it up a little and we see a new side to his already impressive play!
[SHO] Frania vs Paraplegic [GIB] - Another hard one. Frania definitely should have won last week, nothing against Nick he played great but that match up was so rough. I have seen many people discuss what he could've done so I wont go into detail, but it felt like it was more so Frania's game to lose. Para on the other hand brought a very funky team and piloted it oddly. A lot of plays felt less optimal and overall the match was a stomp. Because of that I'm going with Frania since his team choice seemed better and with first week nerves gone I'm sure he can take it.
[TER] Actuarily vs Memoric [FOX] - I don't have much to go off of here. Memoric played much worse than Actuarily, as there is a good chance Actuarily could have possibly won without the freeze so early. Memoric's game just felt like he was over predicting and letting Mishi do whatever he wanted. The Magmar didn't come out to follow me away certain moves that may have changed the outcome, the Lando just sat there for free, it was all just weird. Despite this I think its bounce back time for Memo, lets see if the curse is actually a thing.

Lunar.

is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
DPL Champion
Nails vs zeefable - I'm ngl the idea of getting lucked two weeks in a row and getting subbed out sucks. Zee is a good player though and this change is not a bad thing for them. Zee has had pretty good showings all around and definitely can win some games this tour. However, the person she gets put up against to start off with is Nails LOL. I have not been a big fan of Nick's teams tbh, but he has just been playing good and waiting for blunders. I do feel Nick has won more so on other player's blunders than team choice/play, but that's not to take away from how good he is. Hard first match for zee, lets see if she can pull the upset.
Memoric vs Frania - I'm going to be honest I just don't know. Frania got match up'd pretty hard, and outplayed himself with tailwind speeds. There was no real playing for him, and I feel bad because he is alone so there is no one to really give him motivated feedback. Memo on the other hand is coming off a win, but I mean we saw the game that was a mess. I don't feel very confident in either atm, but I'll bold Memo since at least he has support and won so far.
Paraplegic vs Spurrific - This may seem weird since I'm bolding a guy who lost last week compared to a guy who won, but I just believe in Justin more atm.. (and he told me to bold him so he better be motivated to win). Para won off a match up but that should honestly be where he wins with being known for his team building. Justin however proved he is willing to change his teams up a least a little bit, and overall played solid against Z Strats (even if the end game was VERY messy). I'll believe in the proven player to not get match up'd and maneuver around Para's teambuilding.
Z Strats vs Mishimono - Z Strats and emma are definitely very motivated this tournament. Z Strats has been building a lot of solid teams and playing very well with almost no signs of nerves. I'd argue besides the goat stax, Z Strats may be the best in the pool atm and I will probably be bolding him from this point on. As for Mishi, Qwello kind of just beat him down. The game was good but Mishi just felt like he got outplayed in both match up and play. I think Z Strats is great in the match up department, so unless Mishi changes his tendencies I think Z Strats will do what Qwello did last week.
Qwello Lee vs stax - Goat

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Nails vs zeefable
Memoric vs Frania
Paraplegic vs Spurrific
Z Strats vs Mishimono
Qwello Lee
vs stax

Week 3!
  • [TMS] Nails vs zeefable [TER]
  • [FOX] Memoric vs Frania [SHO]
  • [GIB] Paraplegic vs Spurrific [BRE]
  • [PLA] Z Strats vs Mishimono [ISL]
  • [DYN] Qwello Lee vs stax [SPA]
Standings Sheet
Week 1 Recap
Week 2 Recap
Congrats to our 5-0s -Tsunami-, Bouff, bunnyy, Expulso, and Nalorium and well as our lone 0-5 TDK.
16bit, daunt vs, Eisenherz, Lemurro, -Tsunami-, and Expulso are all tied for the lead with 9 points.
[TMS] Nails vs zeefable [TER]
[FOX] Memoric vs Frania [SHO]
[GIB] Paraplegic vs Spurrific [BRE]
[PLA] Z Strats vs Mishimono [ISL]
[DYN] Qwello Lee vs stax [SPA]

Last edited:

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
[FOX] Memoric
vs Frania [SHO]
[PLA] Z Strats
vs Mishimono [ISL]

[FOX] Memoric vs Frania [SHO]
[PLA] Z Strats
vs Mishimono [ISL]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)