SEO-ART v2.0

I'm not coming off as a jerk, YOU ARE but you're honestly coming off that way to me. HE'S REALLY NOT You make it seem like that because you're drawing a non-realistic animal that it gives you an excuse to not have objects properly interact with each other, which is /honestly/ the impression you're giving me from these posts. No. He's just saying it doesn't need to be TOTALLY PERFECT. It looks fine. He wasn't going for total realism. Read his posts.
He doesn't want it to look liek that. And you may think your posts are helping, but they're really not. You don't have to "kiss his bum" or "sugarcoat" your posts, but if you're going to pester him that much over something he has said HE DOESN'T CARE ABOUT and HE'S NOT GOING TO CHANGE then just back off. Seriously.

Soz SEO for polluting your thread with arguments, but I couldn't ignore him

Please stop posting in here, it is not a thread for arguing whether or not my art is up to your standards. Keep posting if you have nice things to say, if you have anything else to say send a pm. I don't appreciate some jerk coming in here and filling the thread with harsh criticism time and time again.

Okey-dokey. I think its pretty obvious that I liek your art (sorry for the arguing) There's lots of character and expression, and I have to say, that Wynaut is one of the cutest things I have EVER seen. So, can you pretty plz draw me a cute Purugly? Thx in advance

I wasn't talking to you RitterCat, I was talking to that jerk who doesn't get the hint. Kind of sucks that my art thread is filled with all that junk now...

As for you Cshadow, you may have been trying to help but you are coming of as a complete know it all. I am not here to please anyone but the people who request things. I love critiques, yeah there is no way to get better without them. But you nit picking the hell out of everyone, and I am sorry if it ruins my good mood. I said it once and I will say it again, if you have nothing nice to say (or at least in a way that doesn't make you seem like a jerk) then either don't post or send it in a PM. I won't have you filling up my thread (which you already have) with nitpicks and arguments. I do want to get better, I honestly do, but posting a picture of a fedora isn't going to make me any better. I know that there are pictures all over the internet that I could use, but guess what; I didn't. You know why? Because I didn't want to. Simple as that. I am fully aware that I can make realistic fedora, but I didn't.

And RitterCat, I'd be happy to make you a cute Purugly. It might not be a realistic masterpiece, but I will try my best to make it cute.

Danmire

its okay.
is an Artist Alumnus
.............................................................Hello!
May I request a Smeargle doing something funny? Maybe like changing his Ink/Paint on it's tail because it ran out, xD.

Honestly, SEO, you kind of brought it on yourself. He was going out of his way to be kind and only really focused on two things that bugged him, two things that he felt should be known and addressed so that - even if you didn't want to address in that picture - you could press on in the future with the added perspective. That's how constructive criticism works, and you did say you asked for it. Honestly, if he wanted to be as nitpicky as you're making him out to be he would have addressed a lot other things, like the weird head proportions, occasionally confused perspective, weird coloring and a few other things. But he didn't. I can't fathom how you can see his post as negatively as you do.

What kind of behavior is it to get mad or annoyed with someone who bothers to put in his time to comment on your work? Yes, he critiqued it, but he also praised it as well. To be blunt, you were acting like kind of a child; and yes, perhaps Cshad shouldn't have pursued the matter so vehemently, but that doesn't excuse your initial behavior, either.

I'll be honest and say I didn't really like your pikachu picture (I find it a little baffling honestly, the lugia one in the first post and a few others are much better). Just keep in mind that CShad did; don't just focus on the negatives, and don't over-react to critique as if it is some kind of horrible nitpick. It's not, and it doesn't change the fact that he had good things to say as well.

That's all I really wanted to say. Not trying to pressure you into anything or attack you or anything like that, there are just some things I really felt needed to be said. And unless you really, really give me a reason too, I probably won't press the matter any further.

Please stop posting in here, it is not a thread for arguing whether or not my art is up to your standards. Keep posting if you have nice things to say, if you have anything else to say send a pm. I don't appreciate some jerk coming in here and filling the thread with harsh criticism time and time again.
For gizchim

guys seriously keep the arguing for congregation

Not literally, but really, keep arguing to PM/nothing. Smeargle's Studio is for art, not...arguments.

sorry for mini-mod again

Artguments. :)

But no, i'm not really arguing anymore. I just had to get that pun off of my chest. I probaby won't reply either, unless SEO wants to specifically address me.

Apparently this guy doesn't know how to read.

Smeargle's Studio is for art

It guess it just makes me sad that more than half of the entire thread is dedicated to this stupid argument, while those pieces that I worked on have gone largely unnoticed. I guess the lesson here boys and girls is that it is okay to critique artwork, it is not okay to shove that same critique down the artists throat. That is not the critics job.

So from now on, please play nice. If you don't like the fact that I don't like your critique, don't take it personally. If you like something, please feel free to leave a response. If you don't particularly like something, same thing. If you want to argue, take it to a PM.

Back to art.

I have three requests. First is a Jolteon, second is a Purugly, and third is a Smeargle. I'll try and get these done as soon as I can. I work kind of slow =]

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Looking at your art, I think it is incredibly awesome. May I request a Gligar using X-Scissor, please?

EDIT: Yes I do, Gligar isn't my favourite Pokemon for nothing...

Alright, quadrupeds are indeed difficult to draw...but I think I have a good pose for that Jolteon that was requested.

I will still clean up the line art before I continue with coloring, but I wanted to get some opinions about it. Quadrupeds, as I found out, were not my specialty...

Man, those people were srsly hatin' on that Pikachu :-/

Jolteon looks cool and majestic though! THANK U <3

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus

god i love this ^ soooo much. all of this stuff is awesome, and i really love your style! you're a great artist, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise :)

Dear SEO,

I have to say I really like your pikachu and was a cute answer to the challenge i gave you. Plus, despite all the hating that has sadly invaded your thread, I shall award you the badge of Praxiteles. Congratulations!!!

I lol'd at all the pointless arguments that were being picked
Anyways, I don't see why you think your earlier art is sloppy. It's wonderful and the lines are really clean. I really dig the colorless scizor!

Can I request a typhlosion doing eruption?

Dude, what do you use to draw?
I use photoshop CS5 now, although I used GIMP for most of my previous stuff. For the stuff done out of the computer, I usually use regular computer paper, ball point pen or pencil, some of those heavy bleeding ink pens, and sharpies.

apologizing for the bickerers.
glad to see your back! i loved your shit.
Requesting something eating a magikarp
Thank you, I am glad to be back too! It feels awesome to be drawing again. I will add that request to the list of requests. I'll try to be creative!

Man, those people were srsly hatin' on that Pikachu :-/

Jolteon looks cool and majestic though! THANK U <3
I know, I actually liked the Pikachu, but I guess you can't please everyone...

Jolteon though is not done yet! It was just a sketch I posted up to see if you guys thought the anatomy was okay, I am terrible at quadrupeds.

god i love this ^ soooo much. all of this stuff is awesome, and i really love your style! you're a great artist, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise :)
Thank you for believing in me =] I try my best!

Dear SEO,

I have to say I really like your pikachu and was a cute answer to the challenge i gave you. Plus, despite all the hating that has sadly invaded your thread, I shall award you the badge of Praxiteles. Congratulations!!!
Thank you, I am really glad that you enjoyed the Pikachu that you requested, despite all the haters! If you ever want anything else, feel free to post again!

I lol'd at all the pointless arguments that were being picked
Anyways, I don't see why you think your earlier art is sloppy. It's wonderful and the lines are really clean. I really dig the colorless scizor!

Can I request a typhlosion doing eruption?
What I meant by my earlier stuff being sloppy was that my digital art was terrible before I got my tablet. And of course you can request a typhlosion! I'll add it to the queue.

Finished the Jolteon that was requested by Tamama Black. I really hope you like the final product!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)