Sex

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkullCandy

She Bangs The Drums
is a Contributor Alumnus
I know this is a mainly American site so I hope that no one gets offended by this. I know a lot of Americans find the topic of sex before marriage very touchy but this is in no way an attempt to offend anyone. (Also if anyone found the disclaimer offensive then just blame my European media-warped view on Americans!)

Some people, myself included, believe that sex before marriage is fine and that as long as your safe sex should be fine. It doesn't matter if the two people are married or even in love, sex is supposed to be fun!

Others (I presume mostly religious people) think that any kind of sexual contact has to be between two married people.

What do you think?

Don't restrict yourself to the two opinions above! Say what you really think.

Safe sex is good sex.

People are allowed to do whatever they want with somebody else in their private quarters as long as it's consensual. ^__^

Safe sex is good sex.

People are allowed to do whatever they want with somebody else in their private quarters as long as it's consensual. ^__^
This, definitely. This goes for all forms of sex, including all those weird fetishes you read about on the Internet. If it makes them happy, why not?

I know a lot of Americans find the topic of sex before marriage very touchy but this is in no way an attempt to offend anyone.

[snip]

Others (I presume mostly religious people) think that any kind of sexual contact has to be between two married people.
Most Americans don't think this, this is mainly religious people (as you noted), and not just religious people, but extremely religious people. I know a lot of religious people (Catholics even) that are having sex without being married. They just make sure that it's safe, especially because Catholics are pretty deadset against abortion.

I'm a Catholic and I don't care what goes on in other's bedrooms. As far as my own, I'm what would be a virgin-by-choice if a choice had presented itself. My views aren't fully developed, but I see myself saving myself for marriage or at the least a very committed relationship.

FlareBlitz

Relaxed nature. Loves to eat.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Here's a fun fact: In Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs, Sex is at the most fundamental, basic level (alongside food and water). There is never anything wrong with sex between two (or more...) consenting adults.

Here's a fun fact: In Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs, Sex is at the most fundamental, basic level (alongside food and water). There is never anything wrong with sex between two (or more...) consenting adults.
Sex's position is still debated on Maslow's hierarchy of Needs; some people question the presence of sex itself in the hierarchy while some other tend to put it in a higher spot that the basic, fundamental level.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
eh I don't think there is anything wrong with sex before marriage. Personally though I prefer to have a decent relationship with the girl though otherwise it gets awkward

I can't believe you guys are actually talking about Maslow's hierarchy of needs. I just had a class about this subject past morning. XD It's kinda creepy.

I find it interesting that you think Americans believe in sex after marriage. While that does hold true for some people, the majority actually have pre-marital sex. In middle school actually, almost everyone I knew had already lost their virginity. I don't think sex is that big of a deal these days because most yound people view it as a "fun experience" rather than "the art of making love" or some shit like that.

I assume that this is why we have many more sluts and man whores. =/ Which is kind of sad, but oh so true.

This, pretty much. All that you need for sex is consensus and humility (i.e. don't do it in public).

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
While I stand by my own creed of not having sex with someone unless I believe I'm in love with them or very well on my way of being so, I think that if you don't have sex with someone before you're married, it could be potentially risky! I mean, sure, sex isn't everything that two people can share with one another, but if you're incompatible in that area, unless you're one of those (rare) celibate people by nature, it's going to cause some disrupt in your relationship.

Also safe sex is the best sex, unless you are with someone you plan to be with forever, then you can get into the dirty animal stuff. Haha, I dunno. BE SAFE, WEAR A CONDOM.

Royal Flush

in brazil rain
is a Past WCoP Champion
Well, I don't really care about religions, but anyway, I think there isn't an ideal age for having sex, it's more about having maturity. If you trust your partner and feel prepared, go for it.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
If you honestly think talking about sex is some kind of massive deal that requires fucktons of disclaimers for the cautious introduction of the point that maybe non abstinence is okay, I don't really think you're the kind of person of an age / social function / maturity (or lack thereof?) to have sex...

Sex isn't a big deal for the vast, vast, vast majority of young adults to talk about. Everyone stays safe and makes their own choices as they see fit.

I'm not sure if I agree with its place on the hierarchy there next to food and water, but there's something primal about sex. Maybe it's just the hormones, but people get funny without it. I agree with the thought in the OP that was implied where much of America kinda takes the whole sex thing too seriously. I don't understand how afraid of our bodies we are in this country. Hell, the fact we here in America poop is still very hush hush, you can only imagine sex and being naked with OTHER PEOPLE...

As you guys can imagine, I'm pretty liberal about this sort of thing. Whatever consenting individuals want to do is none of my damn business. Though as has been mentioned... use the damn condoms.

Individually, though, I'm a little more conservative about it than many of my brethren. Never really got off on the random hook-up thing. I'm not really the type of guy who'll go to the bar and try to get laid... but I'm not the type of guy who'll only go down with someone I'm in a relationship either. Just has to be with some I care about for it to be fun... don't need a "relationship" for that.

SkullCandy

She Bangs The Drums
is a Contributor Alumnus
If you honestly think talking about sex is some kind of massive deal that requires fucktons of disclaimers for the cautious introduction of the point that maybe non abstinence is okay, I don't really think you're the kind of person of an age / social function / maturity (or lack thereof?) to have sex...

Sex isn't a big deal for the vast, vast, vast majority of young adults to talk about. Everyone stays safe and makes their own choices as they see fit.
I know that I might have gone a litlle OTT with all the disclaimers but as I said, I don't really know many American people so it's just the view that I've got (undoubtedly influenced by other people, media etc) For me I think that sex is fine outside marriage, as long asI at least know the person I'm doing it with to a certain extent.

I just lost my virginity (a week ago) to a friend of my ex in the toilets at a club. I felt embarrassed to tell her I was a virgin so I just said that I had done it with my ex.

So I guess what I'm saying is that sex has been a bit of a letdown (emotionally) to what I expected.

I just lost my virginity (a week ago) to a friend of my ex in the toilets at a club. I felt embarrassed to tell her I was a virgin so I just said that I had done it with my ex.
Lol, way to cover your bases with that one.

SkullCandy said:
So I guess what I'm saying is that sex has been a bit of a letdown (emotionally) to what I expected.
Double lol. I think you found the root of your own problem here:

in the toilets at a club

\I just lost my virginity (a week ago) to a friend of my ex in the toilets at a club. I felt embarrassed to tell her I was a virgin so I just said that I had done it with my ex.
Did she ask if you were a virgin?

You should have responded with "Hell yeah, I'm a Catholic priest!". When she looked confused, you should have said "So it depends on your definition, lol." Distasteful jokes ftw.

As for the OP, you'll find that a lot of Americans who are the stuffy "wait till marriage" type, or better yet are just using that excuse to rationalize why they fail to secure sex.

Some people (including myself) prefer sex before marriage just to experience it for the first time, and to see what it feels like, and imo, thats how its meant to be.

I see nothing wrong with sex before marriage. If you want to wait until your married, by all means go for it, I'm not here to tell you what's best for you. I'm here to say that I am okay with people having sex before marriage, whether it's me, you, or some kid in either of our schools. Everyone has a right to do what they want, and if they want to have sex before marriage, let them.

If i had a dollar for every "sex" thread on smogon i'd be a rich man....

I just don't understand whatever happened to the specialness of sex between married couples... If you want to feel good, why not get a message or sit in a hot tub or get your room clean.....

No, i don't believe in "safe sex" nor do i approve of it (though that doesn't mean i can't live with it...)

Also, whats the legitimacy behind this? http://www.aprillorier.com/2010/03/research-shows-premarital-sex-damaging.html

I just don't understand whatever happened to the specialness of sex between married couples... If you want to feel good, why not get a message or sit in a hot tub or get your room clean.....
I'm going to have to assert this: you haven't had sex before.

No, i don't believe in "safe sex" nor do i approve of it (though that doesn't mean i can't live with it...)

Also, whats the legitimacy behind this? http://www.aprillorier.com/2010/03/research-shows-premarital-sex-damaging.html
Between this and the bible verse in your signature I'm starting to see a pattern here, and besides why is having one partner for a lifetime seen as some kind of higher goal - if anything it's the goal of a genetic lemming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)