Metagame Shared Power [Under Re-Construction!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted User 229847

Banned deucer.
If you mean passive stall or pp stall, ofc you are gonna lose. Don't use it. If not, Fairies + Intimidate are checks. They bypass Moldy. Try Clefable or Magearna with defense boosts. Pangoro is slow and if it uses Triage, Gunk Shot wouldn't be boosted, so you can Moonblast it. If you're scared of Contrary, carry Buzzwole, which should completely wall it.
the only reason i am playing this meta is because i love the stall playstyle so i think i'm gonna scrap my head 'till i find a decent answer to most mold breaker users (kyu-b and pangoro are the best ones i think).

Tapu Lele can check Pangoro really well since it doesn’t actually have to worry about Triage- Mold Breaker can’t go through Psychic Terrain. It also has the added benefit of being much, much better than Bruxish as a stand-alone Pokemon and can actually pull its own weigh on teams. I’m really surprised more people aren’t using it as it’s (in my opinion) one of the best Pokemon in this metagame. Adaptability Psychic in Psychic Terrain is something very few Pokemon would want to switch into, and Dark types just get nailed by Moonblast.

I agree that the meta is in a very decent spot right now, watching the ladder and playing myself I've seen both Offensive and Defensive team having success without a lot of "I just lose" cases, like when we had Weak Armor + Defiant + Endure vs Skill Link for example. But although I may see problem in Magic Guard + Sturdy/Multiscale, I simply can't get behing MG getting banned. The fact that this metagame does not revolve around hazard control is such a nice change of pace when compared to most other metagames, and banning Magic Guard would completely change that. Stealth Rock, Spikes, Toxic Spikes, Toxic, Burn, Rocky Helmet, Iron Barb, Rough Skin, etc. Anyway, this is not a meta where we usually find lots of free turns for hazard control, and Multiscale/Sturdy helps slower teams to have a chance against faster ones. If Magic Guard is banned, we'll probably start seeing dedicated rock (+spikes) leads + 5 other offensive mons to always keep the pressure, which is easy in this meta, as the main team archetype. I like the current state of the meta, and maybe we could suspect Magic Guard, but I hardly think it would be a nice idea banning it.

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
So this meta is surprisingly incredibly addicting despite how matchup based it can be at times and I wanted to leave some thoughts on the noticeably outdated Viability Rankings alongside leaving some general comments upon the direction of the meta:

A -> B
Magic Bounce is a great ability and Mega Diancie is a solid mon, but it really struggles in the meta right now with all the threats that can outspeed it such as Alakazam, Scarf Porygon-Z / Tapu Lele, Shell Smash Sweepers, etc... Not being able to hold an item also diminishes it's power slightly compared to other wallbreakers such as Kyurem-B and Tapu Koko and the niche of Magic Bounce is somewhat nulified due to the overbearing presence of Magic Guard which already deters the use of most entry hazards. Other mega options like Mega Beedrill and Mega Pinsir really give it stiff competition as well since it generally has a harder time finding a place on teams compared to them.

A -> B / B-
Personally believe that Blacephalon and Kartana are representable as better Beast Boost donors since they offer much more of an immediate offensive presence which is really important in an offensively inclined metagame we are in right now. Defensive sets often get outclassed by other Steels such as Magearna and Doublade, not to mention Skarmory's niche as an entry hazard Sturdy donor which also gives Celesteela some competition.

A- -> B-
Doublade is honestly so much better right now since it can actually pass a useful ability which thus makes it fit on a lot more teams. Doublade is just too awkward to abuse properly right now since offensive Swords Dance sets get punished by priority blocking and defensive sets being hard to justify on teams where teamslots are already so pressed. Very underwhelming mon imo.

B+ -> A
Skill Link is the new face of offense after the Unburden + Weak Armor ban and Cloyster is the main culprit. Coupled with abilities such as Dazzling, Hustle, Technician, Toxic Boost, and Guts, Cloyster can be an absolute menace to the majority of archetypes, with teams even relying on Unaware to bypass the potential check in Stamina. Not much can stomach a hit after a setup boost which means having a proper Cloyster check at all times is truly essential in order to not be swept by it.

+
B- -> B+
Put these two together since thy are commonly used in conjunction with eachother the majority of the time, Hustle + No Guard is nuts. Doublade by itself checks a bunch of threatening stuff like Cloyster, Cincinno, Dragonite, and Mega Pinsir whlile being an offensive threat on it's own thanks to its great coverage while Durant can be an annoying threat to offense with it's Scarf set. They also are used on one of the most common playstyles atm (Skill Link offense), but can also be placed on a bunch of other team archetypes as well.

C+ -> B
While Mega Bee is the best Adapt donor, Crawdaunt is still useful on certain team composition that need a slow yet immediate wallbreaker that can also pose a threat to offense thanks to it's priority. I think its a bit better compared to other stuff like Gumshoos.

Here are a few other UR mons that I would like to see added as well:
-> B+ / A-
-> B
-> B
-> B-
-> B-
-> C+

-> C
-> C-

Also agree with rises to Mega Beedrill, Pangoro, Tsareena, and Haxorus alongside a drop in Porygon-Z, Kyurem-B, and Dragonite.

Deleted User 229847

Banned deucer.
The team I am actually kinda spamming

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Protect
- Earthquake
- Roost

Clefable @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Moonblast
- Moonlight

Hawlucha @ Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Substitute
- Aerial Ace
- Swords Dance

Pyukumuku @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Unaware
Calm Nature
- Gastro Acid
- Block
- Toxic
- Recover

Milotic @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Marvel Scale
Careful Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Protect
- Recover
- Haze

Mudsdale @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Stamina
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Protect
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

I don't think it is necessarily good, but so far I kinda have had success with it.

Bunch of problems:

1) Didn't have space for pressure (but I noticed it's not that much needed);
2) Didn't have space for regenerator;
3) Had to sacrifice soak for gastro acid;
4) Suffers from merciless (found one merciless toxa and it was kinda close but not really, I think they pretty much just destroy me);
5) I am pretty sure unaware-skill link obliterates me;
6) Didn't run the calcs but adaph pory-z (probably specs?) is probably free win since i can't realistically stop him from triattacking his way to the victory;

I won most of the games against starf+cheek pouch etc. teams, it's kinda lazy ppstalling but it works and it's not endless.

Does Victory Star stack?
Shared Power Sample Teams
Welcome to the sample teams! This resource will be used for people wanting to get into the meta, but just don’t where to start with teambuilding. Building successful teams is a bit harder in Shared Power, since you have to account for all of your teams’ abilities benefitting others. The sample team archive will aim to cover a variety of viable playstyles. Keep in mind that we do accept submissions from the community! Without further ado, Sample Team Archive:

Trick Room Offense - Haaku.

Contrary Webs Offense - Haaku.[/QUOTE]

I'm surprised that this isn't ranked at all.
It might not be top-tier, but it can be really useful as I found out lately. Its STAB combination is quite good and interesing, and despite having a shallow movepoo it gets good STABs in Flamethrower/Fireblast and Air Slash/Hurricane, which can be used with Serene Grace or Sheer Force to hax through walls by flinch and confusion hax. Even univested it deals decent damage and thanks to No Guard being common, it often doesn't have to deal with Hurricane's shaky accuracy.
Moltres looks like a more offensive-orientated mon, but it might be more useful for Stall, because it not only has usable bulk - similar to Zapdos - and an interesting defensive typing, allowing it to check threats such as Kartana without fearing Magnet Pull; and because it donates Flame Body. Even with Stamina and Multiscale and thicc walls such as physically defensive Toxapex I still was struggling against Skill Link and other heavy-hitting physical teams, especially when they had Unaware or Breloom got lucky with Spore. Moltres helps me here because Flame Body provides me with a chance to burn Beedrill on its u-turns, tail-slapping Ambipom and other physical attackers without having to actually attack them.
I couldn't test it live as I haven't faced it since I added Moltres to my team, but it seems to check Pangoro, which is huge considering that it is probably the most dangerous mon for Stall out there:
0 SpA Moltres Air Slash vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Pangoro: 260-308 (78.3 - 92.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after poison damage
+3 252+ Atk Guts Pangoro Drain Punch vs. 248 HP / 4 Def Moltres: 264-312 (68.9 - 81.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery (Swords Dance + Toxic Boost)
With little investment, Air Slash becomes an OHKO and it doesn't have to rely on the shaky hurricane or the flinch chance. Zapdos can't do this because it neither gets Air Salsh nor Hurricane.

Edit: here is my current team as a sample team, a stall team featuring Moltres and the cancerous Serene Grace Scald.
Unbreakable Egg (Chansey) @ Eviolite
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Impish Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Counter
- Seismic Toss
- Wish / Aromatherapy / Rocks / Filler

Rocks? I don't care. (Moltres) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body
Serious Nature
- Hurricane / Whirlwind
- Roost
- Flamethrower
- Air Slash

Donkey Kong (Mudsdale) @ Leftovers
Ability: Stamina
Careful Nature
- Substitute / Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Low Kick
- Heavy Slam

Just sitting there... (Toxapex) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Gastro Acid / Haze
- Recover
- Scald
- Knock Off

Magic Guardian (Clefable) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stored Power
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind

Yoshi's Pre-Evo (Dragonite) @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 244 HP / 12 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Toxic / Substitute / Filler
- Roost
- Dragon Claw / Dragon Tail
- Power-Up Punch / Filler

Last edited:

Mintly

formerly Spook
is an Artist
Time to write up some more VRs!

UR -> A
This thing is fast. and powerful. Capable of outspeeding most of the Metagame after Protecting with a Speed Boost non-mega, It appreciates Dazzling/Queenly Majesty, Technician, and whatever Immunity it can get. Strong Jaw and Technician give it a 120 Base Power Bite, which can tear through most non-bulky Pokemon who lack Multiscale. Its real threats are Pokemon that can survive a hit, and can hit back hard enough to kill it.

C+ -> B-/B
Poison Heal/Toxic Boost/Guts Blocker, But a good wall too.

UR -> C+
Excellent Special Attacker, who just loves a good Magic Guard Life Orb, capable out outspeeding too, so its a good revenge kill and donor of an Electric Immunity that gives a beneficial HP Boost to unsuspecting players who use an Electric Type move.

Last edited:
OK. Call me crazy, but I think the current meta is fine now, bar maybe Magic Guard + Sturdy or Magic Guard + Multiscale.

With that said, there can be things that can be managed to make the meta better without banning a million things, though with current situation, you would need to ban 2 things at once because once one leaves, the other have to. As we know MG + Multiscale and MG + Sturdy are issues now. So, Would you prefer banning Magic Guard + Innards Out (it HAS to go with MG) or Multiscale + Sturdy?
I think you're overlooking the presence of many Skill Link teams that easily power through Multiscale and Sturdy.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I thinl Cloyster deserves A+ rank. It is THE FACE of one of the best, if not the best, offensive playstyle in TechLink spam. So many different builds exist, with Guts, Hustle + No Guard, and Beast Boost all being prominent. It greatly thrusted Stamina into dominance with its presence and still managed to adapt with Unaware. It simply cannot stay in A.

I have some difficulties dealing with Skill Link (in combination with QM/ Dazzling). If I use Stamina, it is countered by Unaware. Multyscale/ Sturdy doesn't do anything either.

Defensively, I didn't find anything to counter it. And offensively, only Mold Breaker/ Priority (Triage) help. Do some of you have any ideas on how to deal with this?

Note: I primarily use offensive teams (with Dnite/ Pinsir/ Crawdaunt/ Barbaracle + 1 Mon for Unaware and 1 Mon to deal with whatever counters me at the moment.

I have some difficulties dealing with Skill Link (in combination with QM/ Dazzling). If I use Stamina, it is countered by Unaware. Multyscale/ Sturdy doesn't do anything either.

Defensively, I didn't find anything to counter it. And offensively, only Mold Breaker/ Priority (Triage) help. Do some of you have any ideas on how to deal with this?

Note: I primarily use offensive teams (with Dnite/ Pinsir/ Crawdaunt/ Barbaracle + 1 Mon for Unaware and 1 Mon to deal with whatever counters me at the moment.
Try using something to outspeed and break things like cloyster and mega beedrill. Since you have unaware on the team, simply adding a bulky steel will also help as you resist every common multihit move and the users tend to be very frail. The latter option is likely better as it doesn't have to worry about sturdy.

it is pretty difficult to counter, even when you have abilities such as Stamina. Toxapex in general is a good check to Beedrill and Cloyster, but Breloom'
s Bullet Seed and Ambipoom's Tail Slap hit it very hard. Gastro Acid, especially with Prankster, is very helpful. So is Flame Body from Moltres too, as it allows me to spread burns just by getting hit. While most multihit moves don't make contact, Tail Slap does and of course non-multihit moves such as U-turn from Beedrill or Drain Pumch/Mach Punch from Breloom, which you can lure in by switching to a steel type.

@MiguThePigo the problem is that steel types don't have that great abilities, especially for stall teams. Fire moves are pretty rare in this meta in general, so Flash Fire has almost no use, Sturdy is useless when no mon on the team can be OHKOed thanks to Multiscale, Iron Barbs is useless because of Magic Guard, only Filter from Aggron-Mega and Clear Body from Registeel can be somewhat useful. Also steels are vulnerable to Magnet Pull unless they carry a Shed Shell.

it is pretty difficult to counter, even when you have abilities such as Stamina. Toxapex in general is a good check to Beedrill and Cloyster, but Breloom'
s Bullet Seed and Ambipoom's Tail Slap hit it very hard. Gastro Acid, especially with Prankster, is very helpful. So is Flame Body from Moltres too, as it allows me to spread burns just by getting hit. While most multihit moves don't make contact, Tail Slap does and of course non-multihit moves such as U-turn from Beedrill or Drain Pumch/Mach Punch from Breloom, which you can lure in by switching to a steel type.

@MiguThePigo the problem is that steel types don't have that great abilities, especially for stall teams. Fire moves are pretty rare in this meta in general, so Flash Fire has almost no use, Sturdy is useless when no mon on the team can be OHKOed thanks to Multiscale, Iron Barbs is useless because of Magic Guard, only Filter from Aggron-Mega and Clear Body from Registeel can be somewhat useful. Also steels are vulnerable to Magnet Pull unless they carry a Shed Shell.
I think its worth it to run a mon even with a subpar ability if it means not auto-losing to skill link + unaware. Also worth noting that klefki and celesteela actually pass decent abilities.

Last edited:
Hey,

I am new to this meta and just played my second game. I do have mold breaker on my team. I used stealth rock which got bounced back by magic bounce and I used earth power which got blocked by levitate. Both should have been countered by mold breaker. Do I miss something?

Here is the replay: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7sharedpower-699700880

And here is the team:

Xurkitree @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 12 HP / 248 SpA / 248 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Signal Beam
- Energy Ball
- Volt Switch

Porygon-Z @ Normalium Z
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Recover
- Conversion

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 24 SpA
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 12 HP / 248 SpA / 248 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam

Basculin @ Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 8 Atk / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Crunch
- Zen Headbutt

Mimikyu @ Fairium Z
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Play Rough
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance

To those who want to ban Unaware: Unaware is currently necessary to check setup, Beast Boost/Moxie, and Stamina. While you could use Prankster+Haze, it's a lot easier just to slap an Unaware mon on the team. So don't ban that. Bruxish and Tsareena check Espeed, Gale Wings, and Triage spam. As has been stated earlier, I don't want to see this turn into Espeed spam. People have been boasting about the laureates of Aerilate Espeed Dragonite, so imagine that without anti priority checks. Talonflame would allow teams to use a 120 power move as priority, usually without recoil due to Mguard. And Pangoro is already annoying with Triage, so imagine a Buzzwole or Conkeldurr smashing your team.

Also, I might suggest banning Regenerator. We all agree stall vs stall is a horrible matchup. Now, the abilities that make that matchup disastrous are Magic Guard, Magic Bounce, and Regenerator. While Magic Guard is necessary to allow physical offense to exist (imagine taking 42% damage every time you attack from Iron Barbs + Rough Skin + Rocky Helmet, and Magic Bounce is basically the same as Magic Guard in this metagame, Regenerator is only really used on Stall teams, and allows players to just switch constantly without any skill. It creates endless PP stall games and makes the game awful. So by banning Regenerator from sharing you would not destroy stall but instead help stop the mindless switching that stall can create.

As for unbanning Fluffy/Fur Coat, in a metagame where physical offense dominates those are the defensive equivalent of Huge or Pure Power. While Fluffy is worse, you get to run Bewear instead of Persian or Furfrou, which are worse. And while there are some non contact physical moves, most of the ones actually used are multihit, which would make a Stamina+Fluffy combo, while being overkill, even better. After all, you can run a Special wall with those abilities to stop all attackers.

Also Chilllllow, Mold Breaker doesn't share.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)