Shiny Charm and Masuda Method

Ok! Starting to hatch more eggs again! Did another batch of 30 eggs and no shiny. Using 6 iv jpn ditto and I keep switching out my swirlix HA till I got better ivs. But it's still the masuda method. Hopefully I'll land a 6 iv soon and breeding should be a breeze after XD Updated the spreadsheet.

Batch 1 (1-100) None
Batch 2 (101-200) None
Batch 3 (201-300) None
Batch 4 (301-400) None
Batch 5 (401-500) None
Going to start Batch 6 now.

I don't know if I said this before or not but I'm using a Japanese 6 IV Ditto and a 6 IV Koffing

Someone deleted me off the spreadsheet... is there a reason for that? 0.o

And everytime I add myself my results get deleted again... is someone screwing around?

Last edited:
Update to #727

Batch 1 (1-100): One shiny
Batch 2 (101-200): No shinies
Batch 3 (201-300): No shinies
Batch 4 (301-400): No shinies
Batch 5 (401-500): No shinies
Batch 6 (501-600): No shinies

Updating spreadsheet.

Just got the shiny charm two days ago! since im trying to get a shiny Goomy and a Diggersby I figured id contribute. so far Ive hatched about 150 eggs and Im finishing up the last batch to make it to 200 and ill update the spreadsheet when Im done.

Someone deleted me off the spreadsheet... is there a reason for that? 0.o

And everytime I add myself my results get deleted again... is someone screwing around?
Meh I was never added to the spreadsheet I just post my results in this thread and don't even really look at it.

Some stupid kids have been messing around with the sheet so birdonwheels5 locked it for abit and created a back up.

I'm making another 300 eggs tonight to finish up my current pledge then will update my post ;p

I'm going to volunteer to help. I was planning on doing a MM sometime soon anyway.

My first goal will be to hatch 500 eggs. I'll update at the milestones I guess.

Started writing this down when i got my shiny charm:
all breeding are done with 6iv jap ditto and 5/6iv english parent:
Batch 1 (001-100): Shiny Riolu
Batch 2 (101-200): no shinies
Batch 3 (201-300): no shinies
Batch 4 (301-400): no shinies
Batch 5 (401-500): no shinies
Batch 6 (501-600): in progress

Damn. I am well over 900 eggs now and still no shiny Abra. I think I have better chances with Gastly average 450 eggs before shiny than Abra.

Okay, I finished my initial pledge of 2500 eggs(1500 hatched at the time I made the pledge)
Eggs 1-1800, no shiny. parents: My 6iv Sceptile and 6iv Japanese Ditto
Eggs 1801-1834, 1 shiny. Parents: My 6iv Heracross and 6iv Japanese Ditto
Eggs 1835-2304, 1 shiny. Parents: My 6iv Feebas and 6iv Japanese Ditto
Eggs 2305-2500, no shiny. Parents: My 5iv Feraligatr and 6iv Japanese Ditto

Totals,
Eggs-2500
Shinies-2

Last edited:
Hi, I've been observing this thread for a while and about a week ago I got my shiny charm. I started to breed my own 6iv unburden Sceptile with a Japanese 6iv Ditto, I am currently at 1500 eggs and still nothing. I would like to pledge another 1000 eggs (updated in 6 batches of 150 & 1 batch of 100). I'll update this post as I hatch the eggs, hopefully one will be shiny
I'm almost caught up to you without any luck. Bac are you using 6iv jolly/shiny ditto? Jw.. I have another two friends with equally bad luck and we're all using that ditto. >.>

Granted its possibly all just coincidence.

Jameswilliams

formerly Vortiene
judging by last gen's values, it would make sense that the rate with shiny charm would be down from ~1/683 to 1/512

A 63.5% chance of getting a shiny in 512 eggs is pretty good. And an 85% chance within 1000 eggs is much more reasonable than last gen's crazy stuff.

updated post 719 and updating the doc now

Results from batch #1:
300 eggs all collected within a couple sittings, then hatched. Produced one shiny in box 7 of the 10.

Collected a second batch of 300 with different parents and starting hatching soon.

Note: It seems to be that people that are using NON-Kalos native foreign dittos are not producing shinies at anywhere near the rate that the doc currently has. To anyone that is using a ditto and has failed to produce a shiny in over 1000 eggs, try switching to a natively bred Pokemon and see if your luck changes. I started my 300 egg batch method and out of about 8 attempts, I only had one batch that did not produce a shiny- all parents have been Kalos native Pokemon.

Last edited:
Hello folks, I could join in the fun, but I have a question first as you guys seem to be aware of a lot of stuff regarding Masuda.

I read in different places that hatching eggs with parents being both from different nationalitys AND different nationality than the game itself increases further the odd of having a shiny.

Ex: JAP ditto x FRE pikachu on ANG game will be twice more likely to hatch shiny than JAP ditto x ANG pikachu on ANG game. Any comment on this ?

Hello folks, I could join in the fun, but I have a question first as you guys seem to be aware of a lot of stuff regarding Masuda.

I read in different places that hatching eggs with parents being both from different nationalitys AND different nationality than the game itself increases further the odd of having a shiny.

Ex: JAP ditto x FRE pikachu on ANG game will be twice more likely to hatch shiny than JAP ditto x ANG pikachu on ANG game. Any comment on this ?
Ive never heard of that but that'd be something new to try. :) There were people on here testing the kalos bred against non kalos, so why not try that 1 too

What about that Kalos thing ? My ditto ain't from Kalos, would be pissed to lower my odds.
There is a Theory saying that non-kalos pokemon do lower the odds. But some people were saying that calculated with the odds of hatching a shiny it could just be bad luck on the theorist part.

Crap just realized mines not from Kalos either. Well here's to hoping its not true lol

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)