Shiny Charm and Masuda Method

Just got my shiny charm will hatch 100 eggs with the charm and Musauda Method

Batch 1- 100 eggs, 0 Shinies

Will pledge another 100

Last edited:
Hello, new here, and I want to help here. Currently Breeding SPA Ditto with ENG Gardevoir, and the results are:

330 eggs hatched 1 Shiny

The shiny was egg 211 (Good but not excellent). I have another batch of 100 waiting.

Update 1: 300 more eggs.
Total: 630 eggs with 1 shiny.

Last edited:
Well so far I have hatched 960 eggs and I got 2 shinies. Egg #119 5 IV -SpA Hawlucha with Unburden and Egg #925 a 4 IV -SpA &SpD Fletchling with Gale Wings.

I was getting very frustrated with not being able to get another shiny after Hawlucha. I was trying for a darn scatterbug but that damn thing just wouldn't come out shiny. So at 900 I switched to an English 5 IV Talonflame w/Gale Wings and a Japanese 6 IV ditto. 25 eggs later got myself another shiny.

I will be going for either a shiny skiddo next w/milk drink, binacle or a phantumb.

when I hit my 1k egg mark I will pledge another 500

Well, I promised myself I wasn't going to try to breed for a whole week, but I couldn't help myself and made two more batches with 150. The results? Meh. Still no shiny. I'm now with 1800 eggs without a single shiny in my game. I'm seriously starting to think that I'm only screwing the spreadsheet data with my worthless results. =/

In searching for the effects of the Shiny Charm on breeding, I promptly found this thread, so I finished up my national Pokedex and got the shiny charm just to participate =P

Currently gathering 120 Goomy eggs to start with; an American female Goodra with a Japanese Ditto. Will post back when they're hatched with my results and my next breeding round.

Last edited:
Well, I promised myself I wasn't going to try to breed for a whole week, but I couldn't help myself and made two more batches with 150. The results? Meh. Still no shiny. I'm now with 1800 eggs without a single shiny in my game. I'm seriously starting to think that I'm only screwing the spreadsheet data with my worthless results. =/
Add me, and trade me a pokemon you caught in game... lets figure out your TSV and Ill breed one for you too.

Just a quick update, i've hatched 1650 eggs now and still only one shiny.
Its been about 1300 since my last shiny, is 1800 the longest shiny drought we've had so far?

I finally got my charm, and I am willing to volunteer to help this study, I plan on hatching at least 500 eggs using a parent from my English game and a Japanese 6IV ditto

I received my shiny charm few days back started to hatch eggs with ditto i caught and a Japanese magikarp.
Got the shiny magikarp in 110 eggs. the charm and masuda method really works.

Edit* what also works is i did soft resets at the end and replace it with a spanish frogadier and it turned out shiny too.

*edit anyone have a 6iv ditto of another country willing to trade me? make my life so much better.

Last edited:
Ok so I contributed 810 to the other thread, but I finally unlocked shiny charm so Im going to start pledging eggs here. My intitial goal will be 3000 eggs, bred in batches of 300 eggs then hatched. I will use Kalos parents ONLY (pentagon). I usually hatch my eggs in random order, so I will state the box they are from but not the exact egg number. I will update shinies as they hatch here, and then enter my results in the doc once each batch is completed.

Batch #1 - 300 eggs
(Complete)
1 Shiny so far, box 7 (181-210)
Jap Goomy X Eng Goomy
No tipping.

Batch # 2- 300 eggs
(Complete)
1 Shiny Box 8
German Noibat X Eng Noibat
No tipping.

Batch # 3- 300 eggs
(Complete)
2 Shinys Box 5 and Box 7
Jap Skrelp X Eng Skrelp
No tipping.

Batch # 4- 300 eggs
(Complete)
1 Shiny Box 10
French M Charmander X Eng Kangaskhan
No tipping

Batch # 5- 300 eggs
(WIP-collecting)
French M Charmander X Eng F Charmander
No Tipping

UPDATED 3/10/14
Updated my original post (719) with my 5th batches details, but is still a WIP.

Let's just stop feeding this troll and he'll eventually go away

Edit: OOPS look like I came in a little late, I guess he's already gone :)

Last edited:
I received my shiny charm few days back started to hatch eggs with ditto i caught and a Japanese magikarp.
Got the shiny magikarp in 110 eggs. the charm and masuda method really works.

Edit* what also works is i did soft resets at the end and replace it with a spanish frogadier and it turned out shiny too.

*edit anyone have a 6iv ditto of another country willing to trade me? make my life so much better.
If you don't mind a B/W Ditto from Pokegen, I can help you out here, though it won't be until tonight. If you're okay with that, what nature do you want?

EDIT: First round of breeding is done. Results:

120 Pokemon hatched, 0 shinies.

Beginning another round of 120.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)