Shiny Pokemon Experiences

Ever found a shiny Pokemon

• Total voters

Conni

katharsis
I've always been pretty impatient with catching shiny Pokemon although I have had my successes with chain fishing, although I've only actually tried in Pokemon XY with chain fishing where I was able to get two shinies from two insanely lucky points where the fishing area was surrounded by three non-water tiles (which increases your chance of finding a Pokemon if I'm not mistaken). The shiny Pokemon I got from chain fishing in XY were Corphish and Horsea via Good Rod. I haven't tried my luck with catching shiny Pokemon in (U)SM as I was more focused on finish the story and the post-game which I still haven't completed for Ultra Sun yet, but I have caught a random shiny in my Pokemon Moon run much to my bewilderment. The story goes that I was looking for a suitable Water-type in my team as I was lacking coverage against Pokemon Water-types do well against and therefore decided to catch any viable Water-types in the area of the Water-type trial and by amazing luck happened to run into a randomly shiny Wishiwashi with the star and everything, of course I caught it and used it for the entirety of my run.

To this day I still cannot imagine how I ever had the luck to find a random shiny as I'm usually super unlucky in these contexts. Once I finish USM I might start chain fishing if I'm feeling patient so I'll update whoever's interested if I do get a shiny, here's to my luck in advance.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
Once I finish USM I might start chain fishing if I'm feeling patient so I'll update whoever's interested if I do get a shiny, here's to my luck in advance.
Pretty sure chain fishing isn’t a thing anymore in Gen VII. You can SOS chain for shinies though

Conni

katharsis
Pretty sure chain fishing isn’t a thing anymore in Gen VII. You can SOS chain for shinies though
ah I completely forgot, but yeah SOS chaining is also something I might try, definitely heard of it before. Thanks.

LucarioOfLegends

Master Procraster
is a CAP Contributor
I believe it was in my second playthrough of X, but literally as soon as I got into Salutane Forest, boom. Shiny Weedle. Literally right there. Like the gods themselves wanted me to embrace it and use it. And so I did, and I actually remember the Beedrill being quite helpful in sections. I was unnaturally lucky in that run too, I think I got Pokerus from a random Gible there too.

I have found a few shinies in the past.
Back when I played my first pokemon game, Pokemon Emerald. I recall seeing a shroomish with red dots instead of green ones, with a sparkle animation. Unfortunately, as little me didn't know what shinies were and how rare they are, I killed it for exp for my Treecko. :(
Second was in Diamond, I was searching for a HM slave, and came upon this golden geodude. But, as I was still young and dumb back then, I caught it, but it ended up as a HM slave as I still didn't know why pokemon can be in different colors sometimes.
Third and recent one was a shiny fetchling in X. This time, I knew most of my pokemon knowledge, so I immediately caught it. Then I traded it to my brother as a gift.

If only that shiny shroomish could come back to me someday...

Last edited:
I’ve found a fair lot in my time playing Pokémon, not counting events, in order:
-Friend traded me shiny garbodor
-RE Shiny Exeggute in SM
-RE Shiny Rattata in USUM
-Zorua, Shiny Charm SOS, first sos shiny, USUM
-Rockruff, this morning, USUM

Currently doing Eevee and it’s a pain.

I've gotten a shiny through every generation. My first non-forced shiny was actually a shiny Magikarp in Gen 2, which I then evolved so I had two shiny Gyarados.
Shiny Gastly from Leaf Green and a shiny Electrike from Ruby (they went RIP when I lost my Pearl cart)
Shiny Bagon that I hatched in Platinum
Shiny Joltik when I was hunting for a Tynamo in White.
Shiny Graveler, Quagsire, and Chatot in X, and a shiny Sharpedo in Alpha Sapphire.
Shiny Gumshoos in Sun, and shiny Maranie in Ultra Moon.

Conni

katharsis
Just got my first shiny from Ultra Worm-holing™
it was a 11% chance seeing that it was around 3000 - 3499 light years while going through a two ring portal.
The shiny ended up being a Drapion, although it was Modest. I was unaware if soft resetting was going to change the shiny but it doesn't, as it only resets the IVs and nature apparently, so I'll be sure to do that next time. This was a nice experience after accidentally going into no ring portals and almost rage quitting because I am horribly bad at the minigame, but I was really happy with this experience so I learnt and saw some cool stuff today. I'll be sure to post if I run into some cool shinies if anyone is interested. Good luck to all shiny hunters!
IMG_1284.JPG

Finally, after several thousands eggs, I got my shiny Pichu. He´s got the right nature thanks to Everstone, is male (I don´t like how female Pikachu and Raichu looks), has IVs of 31/31/31/31/31/14-16 (shame it´s speed it´s missing, but it´s nothing quick (hyper) training won´t fix), and most importantly has Lighting Rod as ability. So, quite happy with this one. Won´t be getting him all the ribbons like I did with my shiny Gengar, because it´s only for perfect pokemon :-D (and by perfect I mean perfect in all stats and shiny). Definitely gonna train this guy up tough (along with my shiny Aegislash, who has stats of 15/31/31/31/31/0).
My next project will be SRing shiny Zygarde, who is comming in a few days (luckily I live in Europe, so I won´t have problem getting him). If this guy won´t have set nature (like for example shiny Koko, who was locked to Timid - which is basically the best nature for it anyways, but still it tells your opponent what nature your Koko has), I would go for either Adamant or Carefull with good IVs. Or maybe I would go for both - one in my US and one in my UM. If it´s nature locked, then I would go for 5 IVs.

Finally, after several thousands eggs, I got my shiny Pichu. He´s got the right nature thanks to Everstone, is male (I don´t like how female Pikachu and Raichu looks), has IVs of 31/31/31/31/31/14-16 (shame it´s speed it´s missing, but it´s nothing quick (hyper) training won´t fix), and most importantly has Lighting Rod as ability. So, quite happy with this one. Won´t be getting him all the ribbons like I did with my shiny Gengar, because it´s only for perfect pokemon :-D (and by perfect I mean perfect in all stats and shiny). Definitely gonna train this guy up tough (along with my shiny Aegislash, who has stats of 15/31/31/31/31/0).
My next project will be SRing shiny Zygarde, who is comming in a few days (luckily I live in Europe, so I won´t have problem getting him). If this guy won´t have set nature (like for example shiny Koko, who was locked to Timid - which is basically the best nature for it anyways, but still it tells your opponent what nature your Koko has), I would go for either Adamant or Carefull with good IVs. Or maybe I would go for both - one in my US and one in my UM. If it´s nature locked, then I would go for 5 IVs.
None of the Year of the Legendary Pokemon events are nature locked, though Shiny Zygarde can be combined with 50 cells to give it Power Construct if you want. (just don't disassemble Shiny Zygarde) Obviously, Shiny Aura Break 10% Zygarde is currently impossible since it comes in its 50% forme.

I found a shiny Diglett in Pokémon Quest today. I wasn’t even trying for a shiny or anything, it was pure luck. I was completely shocked.

Its not a shiny but rarer So I'm trying to encounter a shiny to figure out my SID in emerald but my Starmie got infected with pokerus instead... this is the second time I get it (first time was on sapphire). I spread it to a random pikachu I caught so I can put it on a box and won't lose it, I nicknamed it "PIKARUS"

Attachments

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
After only approximately 30 soft-resets, I was able to encounter and catch this beauty:

I was originally aiming for a Jolly nature, but the Synchronizer failed and I ended up with a Bold nature.
I was close to resetting over it, but in the end I decided to keep it.

I hatched a Shiny Chespin recently. Well, I was trying to breed a perfect IVs one but one of the eggs turn out to be shiny so yeah.

My first shiny is the Red Gyradoes from Lake Of Rage from Gen 2.
My second is Zubat in FRLG in Mt Moon. That is the only shiny Pokemon I have found in the wild (excluding RNGs)
Then a bunch of shinies in Gen 6, I was breeding a lot at that time, it ranges from Chimchar to Froakie to Bagon and a lot more, about 10+, well I hatched thousands of eggs in Gen 6.
In Gen 7, I kind of cheated, I used RNG for most of them excluding that Chespin which is unexpected~

Well, just a little while ago, I managed to catch this beauty in my HeartGold:
20180707_172427.jpg

Ladies and gentleman, may I draw you attention to the Pokeball this Chansey is in and the place of catching? That´s right, I am now proud owner of shiny Safari zone Chansey! Can´t belive my luck!

Her stats aren´t the best, as evidenced here:
20180707_172529.jpg

Tough it is nothing that little (hyper) trainig under the shining Alola sun wound´t cure. Also, she has Carefull nature (-Sp.Atk, +Sp.Def), which is definitely something I can work with. My question tough is: can I make this Chansey competetively viable? I am thinking of 252HP, 252Def and 4Sp. Def investment.

Oh, here are her Pokeathlon stats:
20180707_173244.jpg

And here is she just after the catch, walking with me :-)

20180707_172639.jpg

I am so proud of this catch! My plan is to put on her all ribbons (gen4-gen7) that I can get, and make her good battler for Battle Spot Doubles format. Which leaves me with question: which moveset woud be best? I am thinking of the (altough cheap, but I can´t use her in rated battles anyway, since she is a gen4 pokemon) minimize-guard split strat with Shuckle, moves Minimize, Softboiled, Flamethrower and Defense Curl/Toxic. Why Flamethrower? Well, I can´t get Seismic toss on her (tutor in gen3, then egg move), and Flamethrower has a) burn chance (halving attack+continuous damage), b) can hit even Gengar. So, what do you think? Yay or nay?

Oh, and I need some name suggestions, before I transfer her.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Ladies and gentleman, may I draw you attention to the Pokeball this Chansey is in and the place of catching? That´s right, I am now proud owner of shiny Safari zone Chansey! Can´t belive my luck!

Oh, and I need some name suggestions, before I transfer her.
We have another winner of Pokemon! I'd say Careful, although clearly not the best, is one of the best natures you could get even for Blissey because you only lose 19 points in a stat you barely use.

If you're not evolving her and praying for a Seismic Toss or Psywave Tutor or some way to learn Egg Moves in Gen VIII, then "Clover" seems like a good name for a Green Luck Pokemon. (I didn't mean Luck Pokemon as in Lucky to catch it, even though that applies so much. I meant Luck Pokemon as in it's luck themed to the point where it's Japanese name is "Lucky") For Blissey, all that comes to mind is "MEDIC!" or "Nurse Joy" I'm hit or miss with Nicknames...

Thanks, CTNC! I won´t be evolving her (shiny Blissey looks just "meh"), and with Eviolite, there is no need. Clover is very good name. As for the nature, yep, Careful is not half bad :-)

So I was at chargestone cave trying to fill my pokedex (was looking for a tynamo but funnily enough I already had one when I encountered one) but I stumbled across this while looking for it. My first gen 5 shiny and I have found a shiny on every game but gen 1 I think (no way to verify since shiny sprites don't exist on gen 1...)
20180712_134937.jpg

I've hatched plenty of shinies over the years, but the only one I've ever caught in the wild was a shiny zubat in Crystal. LMAO

Well, just a little while ago, I managed to catch this beauty in my HeartGold
Siria, that is truly an amazing catch. One of my all time favorite shinies. <3

My first shiny was combee. Because she wasn't yellow, i though it is a glitch pkmn and said goodbye to her :P (released)
Second: gravaler. I was afraid if gravaler explodes in my face and suicude (explosion). I didn't have a pokemon with damp/spore, so i threw my master ball at the true legendary, the true hero.
Third: it was a nincanda named ninja. It evolved to a shiny ninjask. Guess what happened?
I also got a shiny shedinja.

My favorite shiny would be my Amoonguss, it's 31/x/31/31/31/31 with HA and calm nature. Its parent was a 6 IV Ditto and a 4 IV Foongus. Too bad it doesn't have HP fire which is very important but oh well I guess I was extremely lucky and should be glad anyway :p
My 2nd favorite would be shiny Landorus, it synched at my 2nd attempt and had HP ice which was completely random xd

Last edited:
Update: Just got another Shiny Zorua and a Shiny Caterpie in the same 3 hour flight.

Also got a random shiny Popplio at the start of my USUM playthrough when I was SRing for a female. It wasn’t female, but I got it after 3 SRs, so that’s cool. This was about a month back.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
Soft-resetted a nice little bacon birb earlier today for the VGC season. Sync failed (was initially going for Timid), but the end result was Jolly, which is still a nice nature right now in the Sun Series.

image1.jpeg

What's really cool about it though is that not only was it a quick hunt (didn't keep tabs, but it was around 50ish SR's), but the IVs ended up being extremely good too. The IV spread ended up being 28/31/31/4/30/31, which is just one HP IV away from being essentially flawless at lv 50 w/ a Life Orb HP value. Definitely going into my trophy case.

image2.jpeg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)