Programming Showdown Replay Scouter

The last two weeks, I was working on rebuilding the codebase, since my work from 4 years ago was really messy. (https://github.com/FullLifeGames/Showdown-Replay-Scouter/tree/distribution)

I simplified a lot into a library called "ShowdownReplayScouter.Core" where all functionality for replay scouting is extracted to and was abstracted. With this, I also cleaned the codebase a lot and made it more efficient. The best news is, this library can be used by anyone, if they want to scout for replays and usage examples can be found in "ShowdownReplayScouter.Tests", making it really easy to use in your software project.

The command line client is currently hosted under this Url: https://fulllifegames.com/Tools/ShowdownReplayScouter/
I would leave this site up for a week, so that people can go "bug hunting" and then move the old page to the new implementation.

Last edited:

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if my browser (Firefox) is not supported, but every time I try and search myself (Clone), everything is blank. I even tried your name doing exactly what I saw in the image in the OP with no luck. This seems like a really cool tool I'd like to use but it doesn't seem to be working. I've attached a screenshot to show what I'm seeing.

Attachments

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if my browser (Firefox) is not supported, but every time I try and search myself (Clone), everything is blank. I even tried your name doing exactly what I saw in the image in the OP with no luck. This seems like a really cool tool I'd like to use but it doesn't seem to be working. I've attached a screenshot to show what I'm seeing.
The search parameter of "ou" works when I searched your name but it looks like it pulls up stuff from gen6? My stuff pulled up fine when I search gen8ou, though I'm on Chrome btw so perhaps a browser thing. It'll pop up something like this if gen8works.
1619571980605.png

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The search parameter of "ou" works when I searched your name but it looks like it pulls up stuff from gen6? My stuff pulled up fine when I search gen8ou, though I'm on Chrome btw so perhaps a browser thing. It'll pop up something like this if gen8works.
View attachment 336287
Most of my replays from OU are from back in my XY/ORAS days but I still have some in gen 8. Maybe I don't have enough? idk but I tried on Chrome and it worked for Gen 6

edit @ below. no idea. i have public replays on my main account that do not show up

Last edited:

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Most of my replays from OU are from back in my XY/ORAS days but I still have some in gen 8. Maybe I don't have enough? idk but I tried on Chrome and it worked for Gen 6
This shouldnt be the case because I've done searches for other formats and sometimes only one or two replays may show up. Maybe they were unlisted or with a different name associated? Not sure honestly that seems strange.

So this was apparently linked to capitalizing "Gen8ou".
This is my bad and I implemented some logic, so that it doesn't care about the capitalization.
Your input was correct and it is now working again.

View attachment 336287
"ou" shows the replays from back when Showdown didn't differentiate really the main gen with any prefix, so that is why old teams are shown.

On an unrelated note, happy to see you both here, in like 2014 I loved reading your OU forum posts :P

esche

Frust kommt auf, denn der Bus kommt nicht
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
This is but a minor inconvenience but for no-preview tiers the lead slot shows up in the last slot instead of the first slot which is somewhat counter-intuitive. It used to display the lead slot in the first slot in the past if I recall correctly - not sure when this changed. Is there a reason for this or could this be reverted to how it was before?

Screenshot_2021-05-21-14-04-48-1.png

Thank you for all your work, I use this tool frequently and it's very convenient!

This is but a minor inconvenience but for no-preview tiers the lead slot shows up in the last slot instead of the first slot which is somewhat counter-intuitive. It used to display the lead slot in the first slot in the past if I recall correctly - not sure when this changed. Is there a reason for this or could this be reverted to how it was before?

View attachment 342277

Thank you for all your work, I use this tool frequently and it's very convenient!
I fixed the error with this commit: https://github.com/FullLifeGames/Sh...mmit/08e6b17794ef3afe1d78272697cf81acf2e3bbf4

Basically, I had to order the teams when they are being printed out.

The change is live!

hey
not sure whats up or if this is a problem thats persisted and cant be fixed that easy but while scoutubg my own replays i noticed that some abilities like contrary dont seem to get recognized which ig is understandable as it doesnt get shown on screen

but my ferroseeds for example often got the ability flame body assigned, once even simple, and same for my timburr. generally got many flame bodys.

also its rly cool that the tool lists all moves played and not just for, but could you implement smth similar for abilities and items? bc often the items and abilities seem to just have been recognized as the ones i tried first but later not updated.

i can send you a doc with the paste or parts of it that are relevant ifd you want

have a great day and thanks for your work

hey
not sure whats up or if this is a problem thats persisted and cant be fixed that easy but while scoutubg my own replays i noticed that some abilities like contrary dont seem to get recognized which ig is understandable as it doesnt get shown on screen

but my ferroseeds for example often got the ability flame body assigned, once even simple, and same for my timburr. generally got many flame bodys.

also its rly cool that the tool lists all moves played and not just for, but could you implement smth similar for abilities and items? bc often the items and abilities seem to just have been recognized as the ones i tried first but later not updated.

i can send you a doc with the paste or parts of it that are relevant ifd you want

have a great day and thanks for your work
Hey, it would be great if you could send me the issues in a format like (can also be in a DM):

Replay Url / User Input: {Replay Url / User Input}
Problem Description: {Problem Description}

I will look at it then!

Reactions: eu
I worked again on the Replay Scouter and this time made the website a bit more flexible.

Here you can see the new front page.

1640013581780.png

NEW FEATURES:

* You now don't have to provide a tier and can search for a user on their own (note that single tiers are still a lot faster)
* You can instead of searching for a user, analyze replays for a specific user or even just provide a list of replays and see all the results these replays provide

How this could look like:

1640013772122.png

1640013789371.png

Last edited:
I got a suggestion by DEG which I quite liked, so I implemented it: Multiple user or tier inputs.

What does this mean? => You can now enter multiple user or tier definitions, and it will query it automatically.

Small Example Input:

1641676207573.png

Small Example Result:

1641676277169.png

Release: https://fulllifegames.com/Tools/ReplayScouter/
New version of ShowdownReplayScouter.Core: https://www.nuget.org/packages/ShowdownReplayScouter.Core/1.2.0
Updated ShowdownReplayScouter.Forms: https://github.com/FullLifeGames/Showdown-Replay-Scouter/releases/tag/v2.1

Last edited:
Just as a small note, the server was down since Saturday, because there was apparently a maintenance by my hosting provider which screwed up the DNS entry. Since I'm paying for everything myself, I'm quite limited in options in such a case (also in the amount of memory and CPU I can use), so I had to sit this one out, unfortunately.

The website should now be up and running again, please tell me, if there are still any issues!

If there is some interest, I might put up a donation button or something for these costs which would allow me to be more flexible and maybe upgrade the hardware at some point.

Maxouille

Gastrodon east sea <3
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hello and dw, just wanted to say that DEG's suggestion reminded me something that I wanted to ask for a long time, can you do a X player vs Y player filter pls it could be fun just to see the old battles with your friends when you have too much replays! gn

Hello and dw, just wanted to say that DEG's suggestion reminded me something that I wanted to ask for a long time, can you do a X player vs Y player filter pls it could be fun just to see the old battles with your friends when you have too much replays! gn
Actually, a good point for reminding me! I actually implemented such a feature a while back, but for some reason it never made it to the website.

Anyway, you can now specify the opponents the battles should have been fought against on the website!

Just as a small note, the server was down since Saturday, because there was apparently a maintenance by my hosting provider which screwed up the DNS entry. Since I'm paying for everything myself, I'm quite limited in options in such a case (also in the amount of memory and CPU I can use), so I had to sit this one out, unfortunately.

The website should now be up and running again, please tell me, if there are still any issues!

If there is some interest, I might put up a donation button or something for these costs which would allow me to be more flexible and maybe upgrade the hardware at some point.
I used your replay scouters for many years, i am willing to donate to support you. Thanks for the work.

Lasen

smiling through it all
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Hello I come with a request/suggestion:
Often times, I manually scout some opponents because hidden replays and all that. But when I copy paste the list of 10-50 replays in, the usage stats show both players! Would it be possible to get an option to ONLY show usage stats for one player? For multiple usernames you could just have a button for the user to press that then compiles only the teams of the usernames/teams selected.

Fantastic tool btw!

Hello I come with a request/suggestion:
Often times, I manually scout some opponents because hidden replays and all that. But when I copy paste the list of 10-50 replays in, the usage stats show both players! Would it be possible to get an option to ONLY show usage stats for one player? For multiple usernames you could just have a button for the user to press that then compiles only the teams of the usernames/teams selected.

Fantastic tool btw!
So from what I get is that you want a feature, which can filter afterwards for the resulting user?
e.g. I only want replays from "fulllifegames" when providing a list of replays
I'll think about on how to implement this, since the output might not contain enough information for this right now.

Theoretically, you can at least filter this beforehand.
After you put in the list of replays, also specify the Showdown User.
(Example, using the replay "http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1097769250" and the user "fulllifegames" only one team gets printed)

Thank you very much!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 1)