Signature Moves [Submission Stage - (Mega) Charizard (X and Y)]

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhelmise

everything is embarrassing
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
approved by Eevee General
Welcome to Signature Moves!

What is this?
Signature Moves is a Pet Mod that allows every Pokemon to have their own signature move. Mega Evolutions do not count, as they are the same Pokedex number as their base forms.

How do Pokemon get their moves?
You, the community, submit them! We will be submitting moves for Pokemon in Pokedex order. The process happens in this order:

Announcement Stage
I announce the Pokemon we will be making a move for.
Submission Stage
You guys, the community, submit a move for said Pokemon, in this format:
Name: <PUT MOVE NAME HERE>
Type: <PUT MOVE TYPE HERE>
Base Power: <PUT BASE POWER HERE>
Accuracy: <PUT ACCURACY HERE>
PP: <PUT NORMAL PP HERE (The PP must be divisible by 5)>
Category: <PUT PHYSICAL/SPECIAL/STATUS HERE>
Secondary Effects: <PUT SECONDARY EFFECTS HERE (if there aren't any, put "none" here)>
Move it Replaces: <PUT MOVE IT REPLACES HERE (we have this because I'm not adding any moves, just replacing them.)>
Description: <PUT DESCRIPTION HERE>

Explanation: <PUT EXPLANATION HERE>
An example of this would look like:
Say we're discussing a move for... Gyarados

Name: Ferocious Chomp
Type: Dark
Base Power: 100
Accuracy: 90%
PP: 10
Category: Physical
Secondary Effects: 5% chance to flinch, 5% chance to paralyze (neither can happen at the same time)
Move it Replaces: Bite
Description: idk dont ask me

Explanation: bc i wanna
Obviously, the explanation and description are terrible, but that's just an example.

This stage will start the same day of the Announcement Stage and will continue for two days.
Voting Stage
I will make a post that said all of the submissions, and you guys will vote for two days and then voting stops.

This stage will happen right after the Announcement and Submission Stages and will continue for three days.
Cooldown/Discussion Stage
The community discusses the new move and suggests some ways to use it. This stage will last for two days.

Lather, rinse, repeat!

All Pre-Evolutions that share the same type as their Final Evolution will be using the same signature move.

Last edited:

dhelmise

is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
Archive
(Winning submission by Eevee General)
Name: Strange Seed
Type: Grass
Base Power: -
Accuracy: 95%
PP: 10 (16 max)
Category: Status
Secondary Effects: "Seeds" the target and regains an increasing amount of HP similar to the move Toxic but in reverse.
Move it Replaces: Leech Seed
Description: (Am I supposed to theorymon here or is this where I give it a fake dex entry?) Theorymon: This maintains the passive HP recovery the Bulbasaur family enjoys, especially Mega Venusaur which can't rely on Leftovers to heal between turns, and also frees up a slot that would go to Synthesis, though that still has use for its immediate recovery effect. It also puts a timer on the foe because it will eventually drain them of their HP while continuing to recover more and more for Bulbasaur/Ivysaur/Venusaur. I could see it causing far more switches than Leech Seed does already.
Dex entry: A seed is planted on the target. It steals incrementally more HP from the target every turn.

Explanation: Bulbasaur is the Seed Pokemon and according to the Pokedex a "strange seed" was planted on its back at birth, which grows with it. I can see this seed being usage in battle, assuming the bulb produces more seeds like it.
(Winning submission by Darkerones)
Name: Wildfire
Type: Fire
Base Power: 120
Accuracy: 50 %
PP: 5 (max 8)
Category: Special
Secondary Effects: Never misses in sunlight, 30% chance to confuse and/or burn.
Move it Replaces: Inferno
Description: This move is essentially a Fire type equivalent to Hurricane with 20% less accuracy outside of Sun and less PP in exchange for an additional possible secondary effect and more base power.

Explanation: This move makes Mega Charizard Y an even more incredible wallbreaker with the potential to cheese past typical checks in exchange for being incredibly unreliable once the Sun runs out or is taken away and abysmal PP. So you'll have to choose between long term consistency vs being ridiculous short term, and considering how SR weak Zard is there is definitely an opportunity cost to using this seemingly broken move which depends greatly on always having the sun up (implying you'll be forced to switch once it runs out) compared to something like Flamethrower.

Last edited:

dhelmise

Social Media Head
The First Announcement + Submission Phase

[Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, and] Venusaur!

Submit your moves! Find the format in the OP!

Ok I'll bite (PS you need to add a damage category to the template)

Name: Rainbow Bloom
Base Power: N/A
Accuracy: N/A
PP: 20 (32 max)
Secondary Effects: +1 priority. Changes Venusaur's primary type to a random type that resists or is immune to the opponent's primary type, and its secondary type to a random (other) type that resists or is immune to the opponent's secondary type (or erases its secondary type if the opponent lacks a secondary type.
Move it Replaces: Worry Seed
Description: A cool defensive move with some interesting gambles prediction-wise (Against a Charizard-Mega-Y? Better hope you don't pull Water/Rock when they use Solarbeam). Potentially useful because of its positive priority, which allows you to mindgame your opponent despite Venusaur's somewhat subpar speed.

Explanation: There are loads of Pokedex entries which refer to Venusaur blooming in lots of different colors, and typing seems like the best way to capture that.

Last edited:

dhelmise

Social Media Head

Base Power: N/A (Status)
Secondary Effects: +1 priority. Changes Venusaur's primary type to a random type that resists or is immune to the opponent's primary type, and its secondary type to a random (other) type that resists or is immune to the opponent's secondary type (or erases its secondary type if the opponent lacks a secondary type.
Move it Replaces: Solarbeam
Description: A cool defensive move with some interesting gambles prediction-wise (Against a Charizard-Mega-Y? Better hope you don't pull Water/Rock when they use Solarbeam). Potentially useful because of its positive priority, which allows you to mindgame your opponent despite Venusaur's somewhat subpar speed.

Explanation: There are loads of Pokedex entries which refer to Venusaur blooming in lots of different colors, and typing seems like the best way to capture that.
Name: Special Reaction
Base Power: 60 (special)
Accuracy: 100%
Secondary Effects: Gains 40 base power for each status and volatile status affecting the target.
Move it Replaces: Sweet Scent
Description: It can nuke things after setting up leech seed/sleep/etc.
Explanation: http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-tcg/pokemon-cards/platinum-series/pl3/13/
There is a "Category" category for a reason

EV

Banned deucer.
"Move it Replaces" as in, the animation it uses on the server, or it replaces the move entirely in its learnset?

Secondary Effects: "Seeds" the target and regains an increasing amount of HP similar to the move Toxic but in reverse.
Description: (Am I supposed to theorymon here or is this where I give it a fake dex entry?) Theorymon: This maintains the passive HP recovery the Bulbasaur family enjoys, especially Mega Venusaur which can't rely on Leftovers to heal between turns, and also frees up a slot that would go to Synthesis, though that still has use for its immediate recovery effect. It also puts a timer on the foe because it will eventually drain them of their HP while continuing to recover more and more for Bulbasaur/Ivysaur/Venusaur. I could see it causing far more switches than Leech Seed does already.
Dex entry: A seed is planted on the target. It steals incrementally more HP from the target every turn.

Explanation: Bulbasaur is the Seed Pokemon and according to the Pokedex a "strange seed" was planted on its back at birth, which grows with it. I can see this seed being usage in battle, assuming the bulb produces more seeds like it.

Last edited:

Lord Wallace

Hentai Connoiseur
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Name: Vine Barrage
Type: Poison
Base Power: 85
Accuracy: 100 %
Secondary Effects: Ignores the target's stat changes, 10% chance to flinch or poison
Move it Replaces: Vine Whip
Description: Cool option over Sludge Bomb to take down a Clefable or Slowbro that has set up CMs while also having other nifty secondary effects that can activate.

Explanation: The Bulbasaur family is often seen using vines to attack in the anime as well as in Smash Bros, would be nice to have a less underwhelming "Vine" attack since Vine Whip is trash.

Last edited:

dhelmise

Social Media Head
"Move it Replaces" as in, the animation it uses on the server, or it replaces the move entirely in its learnset?

The move in its learnset

canno

formerly The Reptile
Name: Seed Frenzy
Base Power: 25
Accuracy: 100
PP: 20 (32 with Max PP)
Secondary Effects: Hits 2-5 times. Seeds the target, stealing HP from it every turn.
Move it Replaces: Bullet Seed
Description: The user shoots seeds at the foe that drain the targets health. Two to five seeds are shot at once.

Explanation: This lets it combine Leech Seed with its attacking move. It hits kind of weak to decently strong, but the main effect of the move is obviously for the seeds, which it does out beat Leech Seed due to more accuracy. Also I thought a Seed-based move would make more sense, since all 3 of them are "the seed pokemon".

Also you forgot a section for PP :p (unless it just gets the PP of the move replaced)

dhelmise

Social Media Head
Secondary Effects: Hits 2-5 times. Seeds the target, stealing HP from it every turn.
Description: The user shoots seeds at the foe that drain the targets health. Two to five seeds are shot at once.

Explanation: This lets it combine Leech Seed with its attacking move. It hits kind of weak to decently strong, but the main effect of the move is obviously for the seeds, which it does out beat Leech Seed due to more accuracy. Also I thought a Seed-based move would make more sense, since all 3 of them are "the seed pokemon".

Also you forgot a section for PP :p (unless it just gets the PP of the move replaced)
Added the PP section.
Secondary Effects: Ignores the target's stat changes, 10% chance to flinch or poison
Description: Cool option over Sludge Bomb to take down a Clefable or Slowbro that has set up CMs while also having other nifty secondary effects that can activate.

Explanation: The Bulbasaur family is often seen using vines to attack in the anime as well as in Smash Bros, would be nice to have a less underwhelming "Vine" attack since Vine Whip is trash.

Base Power: 60 (special)
Secondary Effects: Gains 40 base power for each status and volatile status affecting the target.
Explanation: http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-tcg/pokemon-cards/platinum-series/pl3/13/

please update your submissions with the PP and Category sections if you haven't already.

dhelmise

Social Media Head
VOTING TIME
PP: 20 (32 max)

Base Power: 60

The possible options are above. Vote away!

Eevee General

Out of curiousity, why must moves be replaced? If you want to know how to add new ones I could easily explain it to you.

dhelmise

Social Media Head
Voting Closed!

Eevee General is the first winner!

We are now in the Cooldown/Discussion Stage. See the OP to see what you need to do.

Code:
Eevee General: 4
The Reptile: 3
jackm: 2
Darkerones: 1
FireArrow: 0

Reactions: EV
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)