Other Silly Things You've Seen On The OU Ladder: V2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before I saw the replay, I thought it would be a case of Power Trick Shuckle but... wow...

The guy who got swept made some truly baffling plays, like deciding to use Shadow Ball on Celebi before switching to Dazzling Gleam, as well as SWITCHING OUT AZUMARILL AFTER A BELLY DRUM INSTEAD OF SPAMMING AQUA JET AND LETTING SCOLIOPEDE SUB TO DEATH. HOW. WHY.
Yeah, I wanted to try special Shuckle for lulzs.

Lol, I think the Corsola might have been me trying to beat noobs with a crap team. Do you have a replay of it?
One of the players forfeited on turn 1. I don't generally save replays of that, so I don't remember the specifics about the teams and users.

Speaking of forfeiting on turn 1, there's...forfeiting on turn 1. Am I right in labeling that as "silly", or is it just me?

One of the players forfeited on turn 1. I don't generally save replays of that, so I don't remember the specifics about the teams and users.

Speaking of forfeiting on turn 1, there's...forfeiting on turn 1. Am I right in labeling that as "silly", or is it just me?
Depends. I've felt like doing it before, for instance when I derp out and do something like pick the wrong team. ("Oh, I built a Twitch Plays Pokemon team to troll my friends and accidentally searched for an OU match with it!")

I've also had people insta-forfeit when my Mega Absol Magic Bounces a Sticky Web from their Smeargle on turn 1. (One of the first signs that I was actually fighting better players was when I learned that I couldn't pull that with Galvantula leads, since a smart player would just 1HKO with Bug Buzz.)

I just had someone using Dragon claw on Aromatisse after he hit it with poison jab on the switch, though to be fair it was a random game.

Pseudo Stupid stuff 2.
Swellow: Really, a pokemon with STAB Facade(The same base power as Boomburst when statused is activated by the way) and an attack stat of 448 when Guts is activated AND with a base speed of 125 should be bad?
Hyper beam Sylveon: It has pixilate, so Hyper beam is a decent last resort move to heavily damage something that might give your team trouble.
Magical leaf Roserade: Roserade gets Technician.
Doom Desire Jirachi: There is this little set with Wish, Protect, Doom Desire, Bodyslam that can be frustrating to face.
Golem. Sturdy+Weakness Policy+Agility or clones is a decent combination.
Standart rotom. This thing is a decent Defog counter and spin blocker. Mandibuzz gets OHKOd by Life orb thunderbolt, Excadrill gets 2hkod by shadow ball.Donphan gets 2HKOd by Shadow ball and Mega Scizor gets 2HKOd by thunderbolt with Stealthrocks and even Ohkod with a 50% Chance after Stealth rocks from Hidden power fire. The Only Defog user who beats Rotom is Skuntank and even this thing gets heavily damaged if you cant predict.
Flygon. It takes only damage from Stealth rocks and resists them.
Tauros. Sheer Power + 110 Base speed + 100 Attack. This can do damage.(To be honest, the moves that tauros should that are affected by sheer force are Zen Headbutt, Fire Blast, Rock Slide, Rock Climb)

"I just saw a Kingler. Lord help me. It was okay tho, I OHKO'd it on the switch with Power Whip from my physical Venusaur." - some random on PS, in his mind.

I just...what. Are these people trying to be this bad? Please tell me they're trying. Please.

When the player using Normal Gem Body Slam Charizard with Seismic Toss is the better player of the two, you have problems.
I don't know if they were trying to be bad but found it and it was funny.
My favorite part was the absorb bulb sky attack Murkrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)