Other Silly Things You've Seen On The OU Ladder: V2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pokémon not usable online till 2014+ something about sports unrelated to pokemon, a really disturbing post with a pic that was very inappropriate shall i continue?

I'm afraid they got the Physical Celebi set from me.

Celebi w/ Life Orb
220 HP / 252 Atk / 36 Spd
Adamant nature
- Swords Dance
- Zen Headbutt
- Seed Bomb
- Sucker Punch

Life Orb Sucker Punch can revenge kill various threats if they're already damaged, and Grass-typing affords her notable resistances that can allow her to set up Swords Dance with relative ease. She works especially well with Iron Defense Baton Pass Scolipede, who tends to lure Rotom-W. If my opponent has a Rotom-W on their team and doesn't have Heatran, I have a reasonable guess that they'll switch it in as soon as they find out what set Scoli is running. Baton Pass to Celebi on the switch and nuke 'em with Seed Bomb. Also, at +1 Celebi outspeeds Adamant Talonflame and can OHKO with +2 Sucker Punch when they go for Brave Bird. At +2 Def from Scoli, Celebi also walls Dragonite. Heck, she tanks him pretty decently anyway.

Also, I think that the pixie team is a ladder-trolling alt from someone else in this thread.

Oh, and by the way, Hydro Cannon/Blast Burn/Frenzy Plant/Hyper Beam/Giga Impact actually aren't all that bad in 1v1, as long as you make sure they KO the opponent. For instance, Mega Charizard Y Drought Blast Burn is terrifying, as is Mega Gardevoir's Pixilate Hyper Beam (especially at +1). Likewise, Mega Pinsir's Aerilate Giga Impact hits very hard.

Yeah some of us make alts and troll people in the lower levels.
Speed boost team in ubers! #GottaGoFast
- Special Scolipede
-Ninjask
-Special Blaziken
-Special Sharpedo
-Physical Yanmega
-

Last edited:
Yeah some of us make alts and troll people in the lower levels.
Speed boost team in ubers! #GottaGoFast
- Special Scolipede
-Ninjask
-Special Blaziken
-Special Sharpedo
-Physical Yanmega
-
There's nothing wrong with mixed or special Blaziken and Sharpedo.
Just did the funniest battle. The guy's name was you're pregnant. He used Celebrate.
Congratulations, you're pregnant!

Last edited:
Fossils are tied for the most powerful items for Fling other than Iron Ball, so they could use that to avoid the speed drop.
Still an odd choice on Sceptile, though a little less crazy than it sounds otherwise.

lab report ᐛ
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Fossils are tied for the most powerful items for Fling other than Iron Ball, so they could use that to avoid the speed drop.
Still an odd choice on Sceptile, though a little less crazy than it sounds otherwise.
I just checked and apparently fossils have 100 BP (30 less than an Iron Ball). Nonetheless, it's a pretty poor choice for Sceptile when you're losing out on an item slot and only have one shot to attack with it.

Fly Skarmory: It's ok.
Fly is a terrible move because it can be predicted and punished by anyone who isn't comatose.
Skarmory usually runs hazards. While noticing fly, Pokemon with flying weakness usually switch out. The pokemon that swithes into Fly will take Hazards damage AND fly damage.

Special Dragonite. There was a special Rain Absuing Dragonite in gen5. It can still work with rain support from Volbeat/Illumise/Murkrow

Rest Snore Jirachi. Snore has a 30% Flinch chance. Jirachi has Serence Grace.

Ninjask is pretty decent in ubers. It can always use a substitute against Darkrai, which is nice. Scolipede cant outspeed scarf darkrai.

I just checked and apparently fossils have 100 BP (30 less than an Iron Ball). Nonetheless, it's a pretty poor choice for Sceptile when you're losing out on an item slot and only have one shot to attack with it.
Probably trying to proc Unburden, tho Red Card or a berry would ofc be better

yes he does, he's at base 81 speed, which isn't very high, hitting those pokes faster than him with paralysis helps him greatly, it also helps in stalling

it scares away certain counters because they don't want to be paralyzed

for the record, gyarados also learns ice fang, which will out damage two bounces, so covering grass types is not the reason why he's using bounce
But ice fang lets gyarados get hit between the two turns. So bounce has an important advantage there.

i don't understand what's so bad about the espeon set, i mean it's not a good set but it's the only functional set out of all that you posted

that one is not that silly compared to the rest

i'm stupid, it's 1v1 and he's using baton pass

fling benefits from dread plate iirc so it's still not the best choice

now if only it was a helix fossil so i could make lord helix jokes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)