Other Silly Things You've Seen On The OU Ladder: V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Holy shit I've hit 500
"starts crying" I'd like to thank the academy, this thread, and maybe the Orange Islands forum.
Yeah I know I'm on 502 as of this post. So..
502 Bad Gateway bitches!
God I've wanted to do that for ages.
(Also, someone ragequit over my Spinda. Yay)

Holy shit I've hit 500
"starts crying" I'd like to thank the academy, this thread, and maybe the Orange Islands forum.
Yeah I know I'm on 502 as of this post. So..
502 Bad Gateway bitches!
God I've wanted to do that for ages.
(Also, someone ragequitnover my Spinda. Yay)
Edit: and now, back to your regularly scheduled commenting on shit.

Comments in Bold, you know the (Horn) Drill
Edit: had to re bold everything. Based god 502 Gateway
Seismitoad gets Ice Punch, and I'm 90% sure that it runs it.

Random Shit: Life Orb Whimsicott Edition
-When Vivillon does this to you in sun, you may want to fix your MONO FIRE team: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/frost-oumonotype-649628
-Sacred Sword Keldeo.
-Iron Defense Cloyster. Gotta be bulky.
-Double-Edge Aerodactyl.
-Shadow Ball M-Absol.
-Tailwind Suicune. With a Lum Berry that cured paralysis from Thunder. GGF.
-Protect+Meteor Mash+Bullet Punch+Giga Impact Metagross.
-Hydro Cannon+Blizzard Torrent Greninja.
-Umbreon using Protect while said Greninja was recharging from Hydro Cannon.
-Focus Blast Conkeldurr.
-Rawst Berry Aegislash. Add that to the list of odd things that work.
-Eeveelution team that apparently struggles to figure out what coverage is: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-134417705
-Scyther in OU.
-Gogoat in OU (not awful, but not great, either).
-Fake Out Sableye.
-Which was used on Inner Focus Bisharp.
-Krookodile using EQ on an Air Balloon Aegislash.
-Arcanine using Extreme Speed on the same Aegislash. Although, in his defense, he said he predicted KS, but Aegislash had a sub up at the time.
-Slaking.
-Magic Guard Clefable setting up on an obviously Unaware Clefable.
-Someone switching in Intimidate Mawile on an obviously Defiant Thundurus. And that guy was in the 1800s.
-Simisage.
-Crunch+Thunder non-mega Manectric.
-Vanilluxe.
-Emboar.
-Seismitoad managing to freeze both Garchomp and Porygon-Z on consecutive turns.
-Please stop using non-mega Charizard. Especially physical ones.
-Shedinja-induced forfeit #4560596: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oumonotype-134417732

And it actually kept the text after the 502 Bad Gateway, yay.
Double edge aerodactyl is viable with sash. They attack you, and bring you down to your sash. Next turn, you use double edge so you kill yourself if the opposing pokemon had defog/raid spin. If not, use another attacking move.

Hey, just because Aegislash has a Substitute up doesn't mean it's NOT going to King's Shield anyway. I'd know, 'cause I've done it. Using KS when someone really wants to get rid of your Sub is fun!

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-134446683
SOMEONE is trying to get past the Baton Pass ban.
I didn't know White Herb worked on stat drops that were Baton Passed though. That's actually pretty cool! Put up Reflect/Light Screen > switch to Smeargle > Spore > Shell Smash on the switch > Shell Smash and tank the hit with Screens (if you're lucky) > Baton Pass because you're definitely faster than they are by this point > White Herb > lol as they hit your tank-turned-sweeper for chip damage on the switch. Puts you at +4 offences with no Defence nerfs.
Also, "no more than 3 mons with Baton Pass" doesn't mean you only get to use 3 Pokémon if any of your team has Baton Pass, one of which DOESN'T have it.

Double edge aerodactyl is viable with sash. They attack you, and bring you down to your sash. Next turn, you use double edge so you kill yourself if the opposing pokemon had defog/raid spin. If not, use another attacking move.
That's... not a very good set, if you're giving one pokemon up to prevent their defog/rapid spin which they can use on other pokemon.

That's... not a very good set, if you're giving one pokemon up to prevent their defog/rapid spin which they can use on other pokemon.
It's not horrible if you have a VERY offensive team, and can pressure them properly to prevent them from defogging/spinning. It's along a similar idea to the rocks + Explosion lead Azelf that was somewhat popular in previous generations.

Switching pisses people off, it should not be encouraged in a healthy metagame, imo.
People say that to me all the time when I play stall on ladder.

I had one guy last night. "Your team is so gay all you do is stall"

- Golem, Muk, Hypno, Klinger, Non Mega Blastoise, Primeape in OU. And in the same team.
- Said Golem using Attract on a Galvantula it could have OHKO (Sash broken)
- Said Blastoise trying to Rapid Spin a Sticky Web that Galvantula hasn't set up yet.
- By the same token, yet another Avalanche Blastoise (mixed non mega Blastoise new meta)
- Gyarados setting up some DDance against Haze+Scald Blastoise
- Belly Drum+Wish Hypno. Could work on paper, but it was eventually forced to switch right after using Wish : in a nutshell, it did nothing.
- Stockpile Non Unaware Quagsire

all in the very same battle. Quagsire set sup to +3/+3 and "swept" with Scald.

Fair enough. Although I would think that noobs wouldn't be on the suspect ladder in the first place...
You're on internet, noobs are everywhere

You know what else is silly?
My Ttar missing Stone edge on a charizard Y and he hits me with Focus Blast 2 FUCKING TIMES. Also M-Venu uses sludge bomb, it crits and poisons me, next turn he crits again(i'm pissed off with hax today)

And not to get too off topic:
Random Shit: Life Orb Whimsicott Edition
-When Vivillon does this to you in sun, you may want to fix your MONO FIRE team: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/frost-oumonotype-649628 No comments on this shit
-Sacred Sword Keldeo. Gotta abuse that 70 attack
-Iron Defense Cloyster. Gotta be bulky. Gotta fix SS debuffs White Herb?
-Double-Edge Aerodactyl. Normal coverage ftw
-Shadow Ball M-Absol. Gotta kill those pesky ghosts
-Tailwind Suicune. With a Lum Berry that cured paralysis from Thunder. GGF. What does a suicune does with tailwind, or even better why did he stayed on a Thunder?
-Protect+Meteor Mash+Bullet Punch+Giga Impact Metagross. you don't know that the higher the power the better the attack is???
-Hydro Cannon+Blizzard Torrent Greninja. ^
-Umbreon using Protect while said Greninja was recharging from Hydro Cannon. No comments
-Focus Blast Conkeldurr. Duuhhh, if you Focus Blast you should use Machamp, it doesn't miss
-Rawst Berry Aegislash. Add that to the list of odd things that work. I have to try this one day
-Eeveelution team that apparently struggles to figure out what coverage is: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-134417705
-Scyther in OU.
-Gogoat in OU (not awful, but not great, either).
-Fake Out Sableye.
-Which was used on Inner Focus Bisharp. Defiant is too mainstream
-Krookodile using EQ on an Air Balloon Aegislash.
-Arcanine using Extreme Speed on the same Aegislash. Although, in his defense, he said he predicted KS, but Aegislash had a sub up at the time. I spam KS with subs up, srsly
-Slaking. It hits hard as shit with CB and then you can just retreat... gimmicky but still
-Magic Guard Clefable setting up on an obviously Unaware Clefable.
-Someone switching in Intimidate Mawile on an obviously Defiant Thundurus. And that guy was in the 1800s.
-Simisage.
-Crunch+Thunder non-mega Manectric.
-Vanilluxe.
-Emboar.
-Seismitoad managing to freeze both Garchomp and Porygon-Z on consecutive turns. Please, no more hax today
-Please stop using non-mega Charizard. Especially physical ones.
-Shedinja-induced forfeit #4560596: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oumonotype-134417732 Try that on Ubers, it's so easy

And it actually kept the text after the 502 Bad Gateway, yay.
Replies in bold

Okay... wat? http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-134555726
Arceus Poison, why poison? it also had Jugdement AND SLUDGE BOMB
Non-sash Galvantula
Ttar spamming Pursuit against Arceus Poison
Keeping Ttar in on M-Hera
M-Garch using Stone Edge on M-Hera
M-Hera responding by using Bullet Seed
You have 2 flying types on your team which mon you send on a M-Garch? Arceus Poison, and then forfeits before even trying to kill him with Crobat and Shaymin Sky
Many things that don't belong on Ubers, but they're OU viable at least

Last edited:
Doing "very good" apparently means quitting within ten turns.
Doing very good has no correlation with quitting at all, for many reasons, including "Not every good player is super chill and will play no matter what, even if it's obvious they'll lose", and "Not everybody quits for ragequitting"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)