Other Silly Things You've Seen On The OU Ladder: V2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, sorry for that then. Already editted my comment.

It's still as viable, I don't know where you got the idea that it isn't.

Ninetales is also still viable, as is Sun.

The only problem was that this guy was trying to run both Sun and Rain setters.
That's why i asked about Vaporeon. xD And Ninetales, i know it's viable in sun, but like i said, it isn't effective as it was before.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
It's still as viable, I don't know where you got the idea that it isn't.

Ninetales is also still viable, as is Sun.

The only problem was that this guy was trying to run both Sun and Rain setters.
Sun's viability died when weather was nerfed, Talonflame was introduced, and Nature Power was changed to be Tri Attack instead of Earthquake in WiFi matches.

Sun's viability died when weather was nerfed, Talonflame was introduced, and Nature Power was changed to be Tri Attack instead of Earthquake in WiFi matches.
But it also didn't die completely thanks to Mega-Charizard Y.

Though there aren't many effective pokemon that can make use of it anymore.

So, I guess, yeah, Sun is barely viable anymore, but it isn't exactly dead.

Karxrida

But it also didn't die completely thanks to Mega-Charizard Y.

Though there aren't many effective pokemon that can make use of it anymore.

So, I guess, yeah, Sun is barely viable anymore, but it isn't exactly dead.
Zard Y uses its Sun for itself; Sun teams like last Gen's are dead. Ninetails isn't on the Viability thread, last time I checked.

13ulbasaur

* It seems to be nervous about fighting.
is an Artist Alumnus
Well, most of the time it's 'lol Draining Kiss' or 'lol Moonblast'
Most people can't comprehend doing something right.
I used to use Draining Kiss Sylveon when I got my first one. And then I realised the sheer force of Hyper Voice was sooo much better than a little bit of recovering. I still kinda like draining kiss though.. I guess I'm some kind of a sucker for any form of recovery.

Anyway, I had a battle with someone who randomly challenged me. He was a nice enough guy, obviously new, so I won't post the replay because that would be mean, but I will still be highlighting some interesting choices:

Dragon Claw on Scrafty. Ice punch doesn't have enough coverage. (which also meant he didn't get to KO my Garchomp from half health)
Tried to Earthquake my Rotom. He seemed to be surprised by how it is immune so that tells me he's knew.
He tried using Counter on my Rotom. Obviously it failed.
SURPRISE WEAKNESS POLICY POLIWRATH
Tried to Earthquake Rotom AGAIN.
Is Hidden Power Terrakion a thing? Didn't know what type it was though except that it hit my Rotom-W normally.
DOUBLE KICK TERRAKION. And he KNEW Close Combat was a thing because two of his Pokemon I saw used it.
Trying to Bulk Up Infernape while Rotom-W is in.
Speaking of which, is Bulk Up Infernape even a thing?

I did of course try to teach him some things. Hopefully he changed Terrakion's Double Kick now.

Karxrida

I used to use Draining Kiss Sylveon when I got my first one. And then I realised the sheer force of Hyper Voice was sooo much better than a little bit of recovering. I still kinda like draining kiss though.. I guess I'm some kind of a sucker for any form of recovery.

Anyway, I had a battle with someone who randomly challenged me. He was a nice enough guy, obviously new, so I won't post the replay because that would be mean, but I will still be highlighting some interesting choices:

Dragon Claw on Scrafty. Ice punch doesn't have enough coverage. (which also meant he didn't get to KO my Garchomp from half health)
Tried to Earthquake my Rotom. He seemed to be surprised by how it is immune so that tells me he's knew.
He tried using Counter on my Rotom. Obviously it failed.
SURPRISE WEAKNESS POLICY POLIWRATH
Tried to Earthquake Rotom AGAIN.
Is Hidden Power Terrakion a thing? Didn't know what type it was though except that it hit my Rotom-W normally.
DOUBLE KICK TERRAKION. And he KNEW Close Combat was a thing because two of his Pokemon I saw used it.
Trying to Bulk Up Infernape while Rotom-W is in.
Speaking of which, is Bulk Up Infernape even a thing?

I did of course try to teach him some things. Hopefully he changed Terrakion's Double Kick now.
HP Ice Terrakion is legit since it can 2HKO Lando-T and Gliscor, its two biggest counters, with it when holding a Life Orb. It's listed in the first set of the analysis slashed with Swords Dance.

13ulbasaur

* It seems to be nervous about fighting.
is an Artist Alumnus
HP Ice Terrakion is legit since it can 2HKO Lando-T and Gliscor, its two biggest counters, with it when holding a Life Orb. It's listed in the first set of the analysis slashed with Swords Dance.
Ahh, that makes sense, but since the HP was normal effective against my Rotom-W, that must mean it wasn't HP Ice. Gasp :O
HP Ice almost seems like it's legit on everything that isn't Ice type/has access to ice moves though I swear. :'D

OU only please. It prevents too much thread inflation and bumping while also actually being true to the project and forum.
Lol

Atleast 50% of this thread isn't OU. Plus, the uber and UU versions of this thread are locked iirc, so we don't know where to put the non-OU replays. Shame, the uber ladder is so full of stupid goodness...

22nd Round of silly replays: µ's Edition

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-136431128
Team A:
  • Landorus-T using Earthquake against Air Balloon Ninetales. TWICE. (maybe Scarfed and he didn't notice that?)
  • FLAME BODY Talonflame.
  • Cinccino.
Team B: Level 50 team, with the following gems...
  • Hypnosis + Heat Wave Ninetales. Don't cry if these moves miss during crucial moments.
  • Sableye using Will-O-Wisp against Talonflame.
  • Defensive non-Mega Aggron without Leftovers. (Gyarados is better than Aggron as a non-Mega)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-136432592
Team A:
  • Ambipom, with both Fake Out and Power-Up Punch. It's no longer Gen 4, bro. At least Technician boosts both moves.
  • Hone Claws Sandslash. At least it's in a sand team.
  • Dragonair.
  • Aqua Tail Floatzel.
Team B:
  • Walrein, with Weakness Policy and paired with Klefki for extra protection.
  • Mega Venusaur using Giga Drain against Dragonair. (hint: it had 61% health)
  • Bouffalant.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-136437302
Team A:
  • Another Cinccino. Is this thing really popular nowadays in OU?
  • Solar Beam Talonflame. Second silly Talonflame of this round.
  • Swords Dance + Ancient Power + Energy Ball + Earthquake (only physical move) Rocky Helmet Meganium. Also, Meganium in OU.
  • Simipour. (not sent out)
Team B:
  • Physical Nidoking without Life Orb, moving after Breloom. (maybe bulky Choice Band?)
  • Malamar, stupidly sacced vs Breloom, when your Mega Pinsir could flawlessly revenge kill it.
  • X-Scissor + Brick Break Mega Pinsir.
  • Clawitzer.
  • Breloom using Spore TWICE on Meganium.
  • Gastrodon having apparently no other option than Ice Beam (fishing for the freeze?) vs Mega Gardevoir.

Last edited:
-a guy whose team was completely normal except for a basculin and a sawsbuck
-someone whose apparent intention was to continuously switch raikou in and out to spam volt switch (ended early by earthquake, since this was against a tyranitar)
-sunny day crobat
-whose job was to set up for magmortar
-quick claw altaria
-quick claw in general
-and somehow the guy still won
-http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-136435556 suicide cup might not be on the ladder but damned if that's gonna keep this guy from trying to play
-roar zapdos
-which also tried to thunder a lando-t
-dragon pulse heatran (yes it's listed on the analysis under 'noticeable moves.' no, that doesn't make it useful.)
4 SpA Heatran Dragon Pulse vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Latios: 142-168 (47 - 55.6%) -- 75% chance to 2HKO
4 SpA Heatran Dragon Pulse vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 176-208 (49.1 - 58.1%) -- 97.7% chance to 2HKO
252 Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 624-736 (161.6 - 190.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
-dragon pulse latios
-hmm, arcanine's unboosted extremespeed did almost 70% to greninja. better stay in and eat the second one. obviously it will outspeed on the second try.
-offensive quagsire
-offensive quagsire trying to EQ a ballooned forretress
-non-mega scizor's completely unboosted bullet punch OHKOs chandelure, right? it definitely won't live through it to KO back with flamethrower, right? ...right?
-sacred sword / focus blast keldeo
-random 5-mon team (that had apparently been put together with some attention paid, so there's no excuse.)
-getting your ass handed to you by a Red team is never not going to be embarrassing
-shadow sneak / dark pulse greninja
-mienshao's fake out, as it turns out, does not go through subs, and will get your kung fu weasel KO'd by the crow in the fancy hat
-hydro cannon greninja
-non-mega charizard manually charging solarbeam
-against another charizard
-that other charizard happened to be a toxic / dragon pulse / fireblast xzard
-which eventually tried to dragon pulse a clefable
-piloswine... which, actually, has a 100 / 120 / 90 spread after eviolite, so i guess it's not ineffectual, just funny to see

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-136436552
two solo teams face off
(again with the volcarona)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-136436350
volcarona sweep courtesy of:
-focus blast terrakion
-body slam / focus punch xzard

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-136445145
-shedinja is, unfortunately, not very pro in the face of sand

I saw someone using just Castform. That was it, just Castform. Poison Barb Hawlucha is another I've seen, but it wasn't ridiculous as it was for fling/acro/unburden combo. (70 BP and 100% poison chance if you're wondering.)

Karxrida

I saw someone using just Castform. That was it, just Castform. Poison Barb Hawlucha is another I've seen, but it wasn't ridiculous as it was for fling/acro/unburden combo. (70 BP and 100% poison chance if you're wondering.)
If you're going to run Fling, at least use a Dark Plate so you can do something to Aegislash.

I was around 1500s with my alt and this happened:
Landorus-Therian used Toxic!
The opposing Sylveon was badly poisoned!

The opposing Sylveon used Heal Bell!
A bell chimed!

Landorus-Therian was hurt by its burn!

Landorus-Therian fainted!

Go! Aegislash!
Pointed stones dug into Aegislash!
Turn 24

Bykenzo withdrew Sylveon!

Bykenzo sent out Hippowdon!
Pointed stones dug into the opposing Hippowdon!

Aegislash used Swords Dance!
Aegislash's Attack sharply rose!

The opposing Hippowdon restored HP using its Leftovers!
Turn 25

Aegislash used Swords Dance!
Aegislash's Attack sharply rose!

The opposing Hippowdon used Earthquake!
It's super effective! Aegislash lost 57.0% of its health!
Aegislash's Weakness Policy activated!
The Weakness Policy sharply raised Aegislash's Attack!
The Weakness Policy sharply raised Aegislash's Special Attack!

Turn 26

Aegislash used Shadow Ball!
The opposing Hippowdon lost 57.0% of its health!

The opposing Hippowdon used Earthquake!
It's super effective! Aegislash lost 37% of its health!

Aegislash fainted!

WTF the guy goes +6 on attack and uses Shadow Ball

I have a gardevoir with Frisk so I can tell what the opponent has. well. this person had an Eviolite Garchomp like what. Then, he whips out this Talonflame with an air balloon. my question is why? I sat there and laughed for a good 10 minutes but then he swept me because I made the stupid mistake of using my Mono Grass UU team. I regret laughing.

Karxrida

I have a gardevoir with Frisk so I can tell what the opponent has. well. this person had an Eviolite Garchomp like what. Then, he whips out this Talonflame with an air balloon. my question is why? I sat there and laughed for a good 10 minutes but then he swept me because I made the stupid mistake of using my Mono Grass UU team. I regret laughing.
How does your Gardevoir have Frisk?

uhhh-huh. gardevoir on a mono-grass uu team?

also, in response to the latios thing: i swear to god it was stupider in context than it was on paper.

- SolarBeam Synthesis Ludicolo in a rain team (and it wasn't at the bottom of the ladder, it was around 1500)
- http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-136528104 Okay... Yawn is love, Yawn is life

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-136528289 Featuring :
- Shedinja without hazard control
- "Shedinja used Shadow Sneak!
It's super effective! The opposing Cofagrigus lost 70.2% of its health!
Shedinja's Ability was suppressed!"
- Cofragrigus using Pain Split against Shedinja.
- Someone not knowing about Focus Sash
- Pangoro in OU
- Slaking
- Manectric forgetting to M evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)