Other Silly Things You've Seen On The OU Ladder: V2

Status
Not open for further replies.
-clefable is CMing its way to immortality. you have all your pokemon, including a mawile (potentially mega, even!). what do you send out to try and stop this? how about espeon?
-honedge. not doublade. honedge.
-wartortle
-trying to put a poisoned clefable to sleep
-paralyzing a chansey the turn after using yawn on it, before it could fall asleep
-fly (non-mega) charizard
-which was enough to cause the opponent (who had brought an RU mono-grass team to OU) to forfeit

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-137705225
this is only funny because of the name of the person who gets stalled to death by a snorlax

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-137695033
going 14 turns is apparently not enough for this guy
To be fair, he was probably assuming you'd switch out to avoid having Chansey put to sleep, and was hoping to cripple something coming in.

Also, I'm surprised he is running rocky helmet chomp without rough skin. I suppose taking advantage of enemy sand may be nice but if you're running rock helm I'd assume you'd want that damage stacking.

Edit: woops my bad didn't realize which side was which.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-137682130

This match is not staged.

MiguelDC98:
uses a Metagross in OU for Duel Screens AND Chestorest

Gallade boy 44:
uses a Claydol in OU with a bad moveset
uses a Jolteon with in OU with a bad moveset
uses a Walrein in OU with a bad moveset
uses a Zangoose in OU with a bad moveset
uses a Dodrio in OU with a bad moveset

Ok, I don't have a problem with seeing Pokemon in OU from lower tiers, just when they don't stand out in their respective tiers and have gen 3 movesets!
I think the best part here is the fact that not only did he use a team from one of Chuggaaconroy's LPs, and not only was it a team from a game known for severely restricting teambuilding, but he didn't even bother updating the movesets on any of them to accommodate for the physical special split, nor did he bother replacing weaker moves with stronger alternatives, hence things like Shadow Ball Zangoose and Water Pulse Walrein.

Last edited:
Brick break fucking salamence? Ohko ttar for the "if I get rocks I win" fail...won by trevenant beating megabsol with sucker punch and shadow ball as SE. My life...

Alao drain punch blissey. Luckily adamant 252/252 blissey drain punch does % 34 to 252/252 carvanah. Soooo niche. The ladder is fucked. Lets suspect im tired of losing to this.

Uses a zangoose in OU with a bad moveset
Ok, I don't have a problem with seeing Pokemon in OU from lower tiers, just when they don't stand out in their respective tiers and have gen 3 movesets!
Zangoose is great in NU last I heard. agree on the rest though.

Leftovers Gliscor. Im so proud of whoever came up with that. Faced one and laughed so hard.
Amnesia Azumarill. And I am pretty sure it had Belly Drum. So, set up defense buffs and take out half your own health.

Anyway, back to topic.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-137816129
themichaelgaming10: you are strong
kuchkaminey: thank you! <3
themichaelgaming10: you are girl are boy
kuchkaminey: Why does that matter? xD
themichaelgaming10: xD
themichaelgaming10: fuck you
themichaelgaming10 forfeited.

The dude goes for +4 DD gyarados (which can't do anything anyway because it's getting stalled to death)... and then uses flamethrower.
Also Non mega charizard, I think.

Last edited:
Gallade boy 44:
uses a Claydol in OU with a bad moveset
uses a Jolteon with in OU with a bad moveset
uses a Walrein in OU with a bad moveset
uses a Zangoose in OU with a bad moveset
uses a Dodrio in OU with a bad moveset
Fuck I got beat to using Chuggas XD Pokemon
Also, you haven't seen me use Chuggas CRYSTAL team have you? (Dragonbreath Pulse Dragonite, Rollout Donphan, Flame Wheel Arcanine, Surf Feraligator, DIG Arcanine... List goes on)
Edit: Found the sets!
Odairu (Feraligatr) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SAtk
Naughty Nature
- Ice Punch
- Surf
- Slash
- Earthquake

Darmani (Donphan) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Flail
- Rollout
- Strength

Roary (Arcanine) (M) @ Aggronite
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Iron Tail
- Flame Wheel
- Extremespeed
- Dig

Weezing (M) @ Normal Gem
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Lax Nature
- Explosion
- Destiny Bond
- Toxic
- Sludge Bomb

Vui (Espeon) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature
- Bite
- Shadow Ball
- Morning Sun
- Psychic

Volvagia (Dragonite) (F) @ Dragon Fang
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SAtk
Lonely Nature
- Dragonbreath
- Dragon Claw
- Extremespeed
- Ice Beam

Last edited:
Fuck I got beat to using Chuggas XD Pokemon
Also, you haven't seen me use Chuggas CRYSTAL team have you? (Dragon Pulse Dragonite, Rollout Donphan, Flame Wheel Arcanine, Surf Feraligator, DIG Arcanine... List goes on)
Yeah it's silly but keep in mind generation 2 had less moves so smaller movepools. Dragon Pulse didn't even exist in generation 2, Donphan had like no other moves back then, Flame Wheel was Arcanine his best STAB without trying to find move tutor moves, Surf was also Feraligatr's best STAB since Hydro Pump is learned at such a late level and Dig ins't exactly bad in game.

The sillier thing is the person bringing said Pokemon into a generation 6 battle.

Yeah it's silly but keep in mind generation 2 had less moves so smaller movepools. Dragon Pulse didn't even exist in generation 2, Donphan had like no other moves back then, Flame Wheel was Arcanine his best STAB without trying to find move tutor moves, Surf was also Feraligatr's best STAB since Hydro Pump is learned at such a late level and Dig ins't exactly bad in game.
Fixed the Dragon Piulse thing
Also, it's an in-game team, its NOT COMPETETIVE at all. So I think I have the right to shit all over it especially if you're an idiot like me and USED it on SHOWDOWN
Credit where credit is due, Explosion is a great move. And apparantly I put Aggronite on Arcanine... LOGIC "Facepalm"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)