Simple Question, Simple Answer Thread Advance

if you fail to beat Damkim, then you'll lose the entei. and if you beat him and get entei then the next time he'll have a sub for entei
Actually, in Colosseum you get the Pokemon immediately after you snag it. But in a rematch there's no shadow Pokemon.

I know, I tried cheating the system to get more than one GSC starter. The second guy only had Grimer and Spoink.

Yes, I know I'm late for this.

Califer. the IVs/Nature are set once you beat the E4. basically, before you start the game. you can't SR them in any sense
So, they're set when I beat the E4, which is basically before I start the game? Dang dude, you must get through the main story awfully fast!

can someone please show me where to find a downloadable list of the emerald RNG frames up to 75000F? trying to find which frames im hitting and am unable to use emloop. going for the completely flawless spread.

Im using the "ever-lasting nugget trick" on leaf green, and i was woundering, what # of nuggets do you think i should stop at?

Well, what I've heard is basically you collect the nugget from the rocket guy, lose on purpose, and then you go back to him, and you can get another nugget. Repeat as many times as you like.

what is my secret id?
here is my shiny pokemon's information:
name=treecko
ID=03856
nature=adamant
iv: hp=1, atk=20. def=27, sp.atk=18, sp.def=15, speed=21

thanks in advance

Okay, so I'm trying to catch a Mewtwo with enough speed to always outrun base 125 speed Pokemon. After checking the stats, I figure that a wild Mewtwo at lv70 will need a speed stat of at least 222 (+speed nature, 22 speed IV) in order to accomplish this, so I grabbed an Electrode with 221 speed and have placed him in the front of my party as my one-under guy.

Assuming a 16% chance for a +speed nature and a 31% chance for a 22+ IV, it seems I should have a 5% chance of encountering a Mewtwo fast enough to meet this criteria. However, I have soft-resetted at least 500 times over the course of several weeks, and not once have I encountered a Mewtwo that could outspeed this Electrode.

So before I pick Fire Red back up to try again, I was wondering if anybody could answer the following:

1) Are my calculations/probabilities off?
2) Is there perhaps something screwy going on with the RNG that is diminishing my chances?
3) Or do I just have the worst luck ever?

I really hope somebody can answer these:

• Does the PRNG work on fake versions of Emerald? I bought Emerald but got a fake one. Will this mean the PRNG won't work?
  • Will this fake version be able to trade with FireRed/ Ruby?
  • Would it be worth playing through FireRed to trade with my Emerald? And how long would it take approximately?

Before EV training, is it ok to put my pokemon in the Day Care to level them up before training?
Would it affect the stats in any way?

So before I pick Fire Red back up to try again, I was wondering if anybody could answer the following:

1) Are my calculations/probabilities off?
2) Is there perhaps something screwy going on with the RNG that is diminishing my chances?
3) Or do I just have the worst luck ever?
You're not taking the 10% stat boost from badges into account. You should be using a Pokémon with 201 Speed.
I really hope somebody can answer these:

• Does the PRNG work on fake versions of Emerald? I bought Emerald but got a fake one. Will this mean the PRNG won't work?
  • Will this fake version be able to trade with FireRed/ Ruby?
  • Would it be worth playing through FireRed to trade with my Emerald? And how long would it take approximately?
1. It should so; I don't see why not.
2. Yes, I believe so.
3. If you have Ruby, you should use that. Otherwise, if FR is your only real game, then yes.
Before EV training, is it ok to put my pokemon in the Day Care to level them up before training?
Would it affect the stats in any way?
Since the Day Care doesn't affect EVs, it should be fine. Be aware that leaving them in the Day Care too long may cause them to forget egg moves or TMs.

1. It should so; I don't see why not.
2. Yes, I believe so.
3. If you have Ruby, you should use that. Otherwise, if FR is your only real game, then yes.
I don't have Ruby myself, my friend does. Thanks very much for the help Wichu! =]

Hi starting a new run on pokemon xd gale as i'm after a baton pass lunatune. But i'm also after an umbreon. Does anyone one know do you have to transform the eevee you get at the start of the game into umbreon or can you after you have completed the game transfer a good iv eevee and then transform it using the moon shard or even transfer the item onto another game ie emerald etc

I'm trying to get a Breloom with Spore, Focus Punch, Swords Dance and Hidden Power. This is for Ruby, but I have access to FireRed and Sapphire as well. What makes this challenging is that I want to use this pokemon for Battle Tower, level 50.

Spore means I need to breed two Shroomish w/ Spore, so the baby will have Spore. Swords Dance is from the Move Tutor. Hidden Power from TM, and the right IV's.

But Focus Punch is the problem. I can get it from a Vigoroth, but the problem that is blocking me is Shroomish doesn't learn Focus Punch. Am I sol from getting Focus Punch here? If that's the case, any suggestions on what to learn instead?

Does putting an Everstone on a female to transfer nature work in Emerald?
According to Bulbapedia, it does.

I'm trying to get a Breloom with Spore, Focus Punch, Swords Dance and Hidden Power. This is for Ruby, but I have access to FireRed and Sapphire as well. What makes this challenging is that I want to use this pokemon for Battle Tower, level 50.

Spore means I need to breed two Shroomish w/ Spore, so the baby will have Spore. Swords Dance is from the Move Tutor. Hidden Power from TM, and the right IV's.

But Focus Punch is the problem. I can get it from a Vigoroth, but the problem that is blocking me is Shroomish doesn't learn Focus Punch. Am I sol from getting Focus Punch here? If that's the case, any suggestions on what to learn instead?
Shroomish cannot have Focus Punch through any method, breeding included. However, Focus Punch is TM01, so just use that on your Breloom once it's evolved.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)