Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 41 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is a different and unusual request (for once).

Anyone who knows me, or has at least conversed with me on the subject, will know that I nickname my 'mons. I can't stand the species name on my little guys and nickname everything (well, not any breeding spitbacks... anymore), not that they're bad, but because it creates a sense of uniqueness and, subsequently, sentimental value.

So, best nickname?

• Potpourri
  • Myrrh
  • Frankincense

I chose these three words because, besides being all scent-related, are all uncommon. Potpourri is, of course, French and fits well with the Kalos-France theme. It is a mixture of dried petals and such that smells awful nice. The other two, on the other hand, are aromatic plant resins (that sounds gross...). Myrrh was chosen simply for being short and sounding nice (mur flows with the lips nicely, but is now sounding like murder...). Frankincense was chosen because of how close it resembles Franken[stein] (remember, the monster was not named Frankenstein - that was the scientist) and the hideousness of Aromatisse's design.

What do you guys and gals think? Feel free to suggest any other nicknames as long as they don't suck.

I hope I'm allowed to do this. I figured it's not much different from all the "what ball matches this 'mon" and "does this ball match?"

Anyone who knows me, or has at least conversed with me on the subject, will know that I nickname my 'mons. I can't stand the species name on my little guys and nickname everything (well, not any breeding spitbacks... anymore), not that they're bad, but because it creates a sense of uniqueness and, subsequently, sentimental value.

So, best nickname?

• Potpourri
  • Myrrh
  • Frankincense

I chose these three words because, besides being all scent-related, are all uncommon. Potpourri is, of course, French and fits well with the Kalos-France theme. It is a mixture of dried petals and such that smells awful nice. The other two, on the other hand, are aromatic plant resins (that sounds gross...). Myrrh was chosen simply for being short and sounding nice (mur flows with the lips nicely, but is now sounding like murder...). Frankincense was chosen because of how close it resembles Franken[stein] (remember, the monster was not named Frankenstein - that was the scientist) and the hideousness of Aromatisse's design.

What do you guys and gals think? Feel free to suggest any other nicknames as long as they don't suck.

I hope I'm allowed to do this. I figured it's not much different from all the "what ball matches this 'mon" and "does this ball match?"
I say Potpourri, since it matches the best to me. I like Myrrh too, but it reminds me of the Fire Emblem character who Aromatisse doesn't really resemble.

So, best nickname?

• Potpourri
  • Myrrh
  • Frankincense

It's a simple question, so I'm pretty sure you're allowed to. Also no offense but those nicknames suck, especially Myrrh (what the freaking heck is that supposed to mean?). I'll go for Madame Scent, since Aromatisse is pretty much a walking cologne, a female one, so Madame because it's a female and Scent because Cologne is supposed to smell good; Scent because of Sweet Scent, which smells so good it brings 5 Pokémon at the same time to you upon using it.

Yeah it's silly but still less silly than Myrrh so yeah ♪

Esmeya

There's nothing left. Goodbye.
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
It's a simple question, so I'm pretty sure you're allowed to. Also no offense but those nicknames suck, especially Myrrh (what the freaking heck is that supposed to mean?). I'll go for Madame Scent, since Aromatisse is pretty much a walking cologne, a female one, so Madame because it's a female and Scent because Cologne is supposed to smell good; Scent because of Sweet Scent, which smells so good it brings 5 Pokémon at the same time to you upon using it.

Yeah it's silly but still less silly than Myrrh so yeah ♪
I'm sorry but "what the heck" can you read?

Reset on XD only, as there is virtually nothing to reset on Colo.

unless you want a cool Raikou (like me) or a Suicune, even if the later means facing the biggest bitch in the game.
Yo Esmeya, Venus just got her ass kicked and her Suicune stolen. Just thought I would let you know.

Also, in relevence to the quote, I just went and caught the Johto starters in rare balls, so that should get me some brownie points in my thread :)

Esmeya

Yo Esmeya, Venus just got her ass kicked and her Suicune stolen. Just thought I would let you know.

Also, in relevence to the quote, I just went and caught the Johto starters in rare balls, so that should get me some brownie points in my thread :)
Eh? I've stolen it a million times while SRing, not sure what you mean by this. Did you get a decent spread or something? If so, congratulations.

I named one of mine "Coumarin" and another "Burlesque".

So, best nickname?

• Potpourri
  • Myrrh
  • Frankincense

I think Myrrh is the best match, it is murder. Which Aromatisse's face expression express murder.

Eh? I've stolen it a million times while SRing, not sure what you mean by this. Did you get a decent spread or something? If so, congratulations.
I just meant that the bitch got what she deserved, since I knew you didn't like her. I was joking around bud :)

Esmeya

I just meant that the bitch got what she deserved, since I knew you didn't like her. I was joking around bud :)
Oh, I see. I don't do well with jokes. Screw Venus and her dance, good luck SRing; remember to get Gen 3 tutors for Colo/XD 'mons and ribbons from their respective games if you're in to doing ribbon projects.

Unfortunately not, unless you wanna try places like Serebii or Marriland. Your best bet is to rebreed or hold on to the eggs. I waited a month to hatch my Jolly Charmander.
irrelevant and late serebii does not allow anyone to check SV's and TSV's etc...

Looking around Wifi I have seen numerous Johto starters in different balls. I think I might give up is Colosseum run then ;_;

Does anyone have anything special they need me to do? I do better when someone gives me an objective to go for rather than coming up with ideas of my own.

Looking around Wifi I have seen numerous Johto starters in different balls. I think I might give up is Colosseum run then ;_;

Does anyone have anything special they need me to do? I do better when someone gives me an objective to go for rather than coming up with ideas of my own.
I'd love if you could get me a Timer Ball Quilava :)

Will work on that. I do see that most Cyndaquils are Repeat and Luxury balls. I assume Nest on Chikorita? Everyone has that. Unless I caught it in something that fits the shiny version, so a gold colored gen. 3 ball?

I can help you with that timer ball cyndaquil in the future
Will work on that. I do see that most Cyndaquils are Repeat and Luxury balls. I assume Nest on Chikorita? Everyone has that. Unless I caught it in something that fits the shiny version, so a gold colored gen. 3 ball?
premier on chikorita and great totadile.

edit: I have premier chikorita lol:/

Why don't you do Luxury Ball Chikorita or Totodile? I'd trade a lot for those :)

Edit: Don't do Premier Ball Chikorita, I'm giving away spitbacks of those soon so it would kind of be a waste.

Be like me and catch a Great Ball Bayleef, because I ran out of Premier balls.

Premier ball Quilava is also okay.
I think premier quilava actually is a good idea I myself own a premier chikorita timer cyndaquil repeat cyndaquil dive totadile.

Esmeya

I already have Premier Cyndaquil, be unique MixMence :p
-and I already have Premier/Timer/Luxury Cyndaquil, Dive/Net/Premier/Great Totodile, Premier/Nest/Great Ball (lol) Chikorita. Doesn't mean he can't mystically catch his own (plus I don't know what's common and what isn't when I have access).

Edit: Dive Ball Cynadquil for everyone then~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)