Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 42 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So my attempts at Masuda breeding has turned me into a soulles husk of a man, I think it's about time I figured out how to get involved with TSV/ESV hatching so I don't spend so much time on it... I don't have powersaves or any thing like that so I'm wondering how to find out my TSV as well as how I'll find out my ESV's. Is it tough finding people for that / hatching eggs once you know the values? I'm just SO BORED of breeding lol, also bred too many shinies without their HA or missing crucial IVs...

So my attempts at Masuda breeding has turned me into a soulles husk of a man, I think it's about time I figured out how to get involved with TSV/ESV hatching so I don't spend so much time on it... I don't have powersaves or any thing like that so I'm wondering how to find out my TSV as well as how I'll find out my ESV's. Is it tough finding people for that / hatching eggs once you know the values? I'm just SO BORED of breeding lol, also bred too many shinies without their HA or missing crucial IVs...
Use KeyBV? It doesn't need Powersaves. Or ask someone else to help you check your ESVs. It's not hard, you can usually find someone on Reddit (they have a new thread for stuff like that every day) or here to help. Also, I believe we are in close timezones, if you don't want to set up KeyBV for yourself you can always ask me for help to check your eggs ;) I can help check your TSV right now too, it would help me out as well since I need to check some eggs myself.

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Is anyone here also on GameFAQs? I'd like to get an egg hatched with an SV match, but the only matches are on that site, and I lack an account there. I can breed a wide range of Pokemon in exchange for the help. :)

I'm additionally still looking for a HA Staryu. If you have one, PM me to negotiate an offer.

Is anyone here also on GameFAQs? I'd like to get an egg hatched with an SV match, but the only matches are on that site, and I lack an account there. I can breed a wide range of Pokemon in exchange for the help. :)

I'm additionally still looking for a HA Staryu. If you have one, PM me to negotiate an offer.
Why not just make an account there and ask the person yourself?

Use KeyBV? It doesn't need Powersaves. Or ask someone else to help you check your ESVs. It's not hard, you can usually find someone on Reddit (they have a new thread for stuff like that every day) or here to help. Also, I believe we are in close timezones, if you don't want to set up KeyBV for yourself you can always ask me for help to check your eggs ;) I can help check your TSV right now too, it would help me out as well since I need to check some eggs myself.
I can help assuming you only have a few to check.

I second Miltank, I love that thing, except Whitney's one, that one can go F*** itself.

Edit : And for natures Etc, the one I use is Impish with thick fat, the only Egg Move I use on it is Helping Hand but if you want four then go with Helping Hand, Hammer Arm, Punishment and Reversal, Or endure but that's only a personal choice because I love the move :)
I dont do double battles lol but I did go with impish as well but ive givven it 4 egg moves namely

curse hamer arm seismic toss and dizzy punch

I might breed other natures as wel though

and about whitneys yeah that realy is the only gymleader that gave me so much trouble in the past it was insane
Love Ball Miltank

Either go Curse set or Tank set:

Miltank@Leftovers
Scrappy | Careful
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Curse
Heal Bell
Milk Drink
Body Slam

Miltank@Leftovers
Thick Fat | Calm
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Thunder Wave
Heal Bell
Milk Drink
Seismic Toss
I might do more natures so i keep those in mind:) luckuliy miltank is 100% female

Aw, come on. The game practically throws you a free Onix to beat the damn cow with, and access to Rock Smash to have a good chance to continually weaken it even when it heals. And a female Machop to assist and shut out Attract shenanigans.

It's been awhile since I asked for this, but I'm on the lookout for a female Prankster Sableye. IV's, Nature, Egg Moves aren't important, I just want the ball and hidden ability. I've got a couple of female Safari Ball Aron spitbacks with Head Smash/Stealth Rock/Superpower/Iron Head I can offer, along with Lure Ball Marill with Superpower/Aqua Jet/Belly Drum and Dream Ball Gastly with Haze/Clear Smog/Disable/Perish Song. (thanks to EnGarde for the original Gastly parent)
I refuse to train pokes just for 1 gym I only use teammembers:P

I'd rather not make new accounts for a single purpose and never use them again afterwards. That feels messy to me.
I'm on GameFaqs :) Who do you need me to ask?

Nothing needed in return (My ESV match is hatching that Shiny Gible today, btw! HP Ice. If you still would want that!)

Guys, I have a question: If you hatch a shiny and soft reset, will the Pokémon still be shiny if you hatch the same egg again after soft resetting?

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Guys, I have a question: If you hatch a shiny and soft reset, will the Pokémon still be shiny if you hatch the same egg again after soft resetting?
If you already have the egg; then yes.

If you do not already have the egg, but the daycare man has it available; then only if you are using Masuda Method parents; have the Shiny Charm; or both (and this does not change between tests).

If the daycare man does not have the egg available; then only if you maintain the same parents (which are either Masuda method, you have the shiny charm or both), or you switch to similar parents (switch to other Masuda Method parents if the original ones were).

Last edited:
If you already have the egg; then yes.

If you do not already have the egg, but the daycare man has it available; then only if you are using Masuda Method parents; have the Shiny Charm; or both (and this does not change between tests).

If the daycare man does not have the egg available; then only if you maintain the same parents (which are either Masuda method, you have the shiny charm or both), and you switch to similar parents (switch to other Masuda Method parents if the original ones were).
Thanks for the info! :D I'm trying to hatch a shiny Charmander through Masuda breeding and wanted to hatch it in the Dragon chamber from the Pokémon League. This will help me a lot!

Oak's Letter and Member Card were available for download only in Platinum so any wild-caught Shaymin/Darkrai from Diamond/Pearl would be illegal.
http://www.serebii.net/events/oaksletter.shtml
http://www.serebii.net/events/membercard.shtml
Google "Tweaking glitch in 4th Gen". You can catch those two without getting the oaksletter or membercard if you can exploit that glitch. (Or atleast thats whats on Bulbapedia)

More on topic, best ball for

I'm thinking Dive, since every shiny ralts I've seen is in a moon ball.

EDIT:
Here is a link: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Tweaking
The Void Glitch is what is used to gain access to darkrai and Shaymin

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)