Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 46 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been soft resetting kyurem for the past couple days and I just got this -

Timid (31/15/31/31/29/31)
Should I keep going for a completely flawless one or should I keep this one with the 29 spedef?

Esmeya

There's nothing left. Goodbye.
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Right, but people at reddit use custom shinies as a value system for events even if they have no intention of trading events for them. I was trying to give an understandable figure of how much they'd be worth.

Yeah, I'd really not like to deal with getting a bunch of codes redeemed by someone who might just keep it anyways. It would probably better to wait a bit until there are some actually in circulation.
Having to listen to the blather for about..10 hours now. They're not using it for Arceus, they're using Game Darkrai and Scrap Codes for scale (you're right though, they do use custom shinies for literally every other event) though once more codes start filtering in from the preorders it'll go down. It doesn't fit the custom scale at the moment but I'd wager a shiny one is ~200 until the hype dies down, it's worth quite a few Game Darkrai (unless they're SR'd to fantastic spreads).

Personally, I'd hold on to the events you've got stocked up already. I helped passed some info to the crazies who have extra money on how to preorder the tickets, so expect some "decent" trades available for at least a normal Arceus redeem. If you're looking to get one for your collection, but not have to pay outrageous prices give it roughly ~3 days.

I'm slightly confused in regards to the Shiny version of the new Arceus. When is the Plate/Shininess determined? Is it on Code Redemption or pickup at the PokeCenter?
It is set once you redeem the WC (from the code).

1/18 for normal Arceus + plate, ??? for shiny Arceus. Whatever you get when you first pick it up/see it in-game is what you'll get from that specific Wondercard each and every time you go to pick it up. You can use multiple codes, so for those who get multiple codes you'll have a higher chance than normal at receiving a shiny. It's not a "stacking" 1/19 chance to receive the Shiny Arceus and it's highly doubtful that the percentages are equal for receiving a normal + plate or shiny one. When you have a shiny Arceus WC it does change to show you that you received a shiny one and doesn't appear the standard color on the WC screen.

tl;dr: it's a lottery, you got one shot per code.

Having to listen to the blather for about..10 hours now. They're not using it for Arceus, they're using Game Darkrai and Scrap Codes for scale (you're right though, they do use custom shinies for literally every other event) though once more codes start filtering in from the preorders it'll go down. It doesn't fit the custom scale at the moment but I'd wager a shiny one is ~200 until the hype dies down, it's worth quite a few Game Darkrai (unless they're SR'd to fantastic spreads).

Personally, I'd hold on to the events you've got stocked up already. I helped passed some info to the crazies who have extra money on how to preorder the tickets, so expect some "decent" trades available for at least a normal Arceus redeem. If you're looking to get one for your collection, but not have to pay outrageous prices give it roughly ~3 days.

It is set once you redeem the WC (from the code).

1/18 for normal Arceus + plate, ??? for shiny Arceus. Whatever you get when you first pick it up/see it in-game is what you'll get from that specific Wondercard each and every time you go to pick it up. You can use multiple codes, so for those who get multiple codes you'll have a higher chance than normal at receiving a shiny. It's not a "stacking" 1/19 chance to receive the Shiny Arceus and it's highly doubtful that the percentages are equal for receiving a normal + plate or shiny one. When you have a shiny Arceus WC it does change to show you that you received a shiny one and doesn't appear the standard color on the WC screen.

tl;dr: it's a lottery, you got one shot per code.
Huh, that's weird/interesting. How hard would it be to get a code (or multiples)? And from where (ebay?)?

I have a Japanese version of X and would be willing to redeem codes to try and get a shiny one, but: 1) I need to borrow my friends JAP 3DS to use it; and 2) I don't have a JAP Powersaves so I can't do backups on that cartridge (though I do have one for my ENG games).

Huh, that's weird/interesting. How hard would it be to get a code (or multiples)? And from where (ebay?)?

I have a Japanese version of X and would be willing to redeem codes to try and get a shiny one, but: 1) I need to borrow my friends JAP 3DS to use it; and 2) I don't have a JAP Powersaves so I can't do backups on that cartridge (though I do have one for my ENG games).
Backups don't matter..you can redeem as many codes as you can get
edit: This is one of gamefreaks better money making ploys

Esmeya

There's nothing left. Goodbye.
is a Community Contributor Alumnus

1) You can get preorder codes yourself if you're fluent in Japanese via ticket distrib.

2) Not allowed to randomly tell you where to buy codes except through standard means.

3) Codes aren't cheap from ENG speaking redeemers unless you have a friend.

Powersaves wouldn't matter much for this. You can't SR for a shiny Wondercard, unless you meant SRing for different spreads/IV's depending on what Arceus form you got. Like Game Darkrai you can redeem multiple codes on one save file.

1) You can get preorder codes yourself if you're fluent in Japanese via ticket distrib.

2) Not allowed to randomly tell you where to buy codes except through standard means.

3) Codes aren't cheap from ENG speaking redeemers unless you have a friend.

Powersaves wouldn't matter much for this. You can't SR for a shiny Wondercard, unless you meant SRing for different spreads/IV's depending on what Arceus form you got. Like Game Darkrai you can redeem multiple codes on one save file.
Yeah, I mentioned Powersaves because of SRing different spreads (like how people SR for legends and take a good (but not amazing) one and then restore and keep trying for perfect.)

1) I really need to learn Japanese then. lol

2) Understandable.

3) That sucks.

If anyone gets a code/s and wants someone to redeem it I'd give it a shot; though, like I said, I'd have to borrow my friends Jap 3DS to do it. :P

Female, level 67 @ Lum Berry
Adamant. 31/31/31/x/31/31
252 Atk, 238 Speed, 20 HP
Ability: Multiscale
---------------------------------------------------------
Fire Punch
Earthquake
Dragon Dance
Outrage

Looking for offers!

Bred by me, SV Hatched by "Alex" ID: 23924

Art Vandelay

Banned deucer.
Looking for someone willing to help me do some one-by-one egg transfers to my other cart with a changed SV (via YABD, before my PokeBank expires, which by then I must update my 2DS to reload its subscription, and after updating I won't be able to use YABD anymore)
I'll be free in an hour to help you

So it seems that everyone is looking for a shiny arceus. I understand it is going to be hard to get one and I'm interested in finding one myself. If anyone would like me to help and pitch in to bring a shiny arceus to smogon let me know. Also if someone can link me to someone preferably on reddit that has a shiny arceus.

I did...? That doesn't sound like something I'd say.
Yes, when I asked the same question in this post (it was Mark 44/45 though). This was back in July/August anyways, so that's probably why you don't remember

ANYWAYS, my question is still not answered. What is the best natures for SRing an HP Fire Xerneas? I'm gonna have about 3 and a half weeks to SR it until my friend has to go and takes his Pokemon X with him, so I need an answer right now. Also I said natures because I'm taking the first one with 31/x/30/31/30/31/30 and a good nature. Modest and Timid come to mind, but perhaps a mixed nature is good as well?

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Need a cloner for three Pokemon. 5 each plus original. Cloner may keep a copy of the three Pokemon if they so wish. PM if willing to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)