Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 47 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about this hoopa? Hasty 3iv -HP(24-25) -Attack(8-9) - defence(28-29).
If you get a mixed nature like Hasty etc, both attacking stats really need to be high. At least 30-31 for it to be worth it. It's an immediate toss if your Atk is that low.

Realistically, you'd want 30-31/30-31/28+/30-31/28+/31.

If you get a mixed nature like Hasty etc, both attacking stats really need to be high. At least 30-31 for it to be worth it. It's an immediate toss if your Atk is that low.

Realistically, you'd want 30-31/30-31/28+/30-31/28+/31.
;-; time to carry on soft resetting

What about this hoopa? Hasty 3iv -HP(24-25) -Attack(8-9) - defence(28-29).
You need to show the IV's properly.
Hasty 24-25/8-9/28-29/31/31/31.

It's a waste of time posting this. I am not trying to mini mod

Don't even look at anything that doesn't have 254 or 255 HP. That takes two seconds
Don't consider anything Lax, Gentle or a neutral nature. This takes another second or two to figure out.
This will rule out most of your resets but at least what you have left will be worth thinking about.

Figure out what is close to a maximum and toss anything with less than 25 in any stats.
For a mixed nature, you still need at least five 30/31's and a high remaining IV. For a physical or special nature, obviously the dropped stat is irrelevant but 30/31's are crucial.
Figure out what is close to a maximum and toss anything with less than 25 in any stats. It shouldn't take more than a few resets to figure out. Whatever stat is in red has to be perfect. Otherwise you will be told to toss by anyone here. Similarly anything less than 4x31's will be dismissed as a toss in my experience.

Just a couple of pointers.

You need to show the IV's properly.
Hasty 24-25/8-9/28-29/31/31/31.

It's a waste of time posting this. I am not trying to mini mod

Don't even look at anything that doesn't have 254 or 255 HP. That takes two seconds
Don't consider anything Lax, Gentle or a neutral nature. This takes another second or two to figure out.
This will rule out most of your resets but at least what you have left will be worth thinking about.

Figure out what is close to a maximum and toss anything with less than 25 in any stats.
For a mixed nature, you still need at least five 30/31's and a high remaining IV. For a physical or special nature, obviously the dropped stat is irrelevant but 30/31's are crucial.
Figure out what is close to a maximum and toss anything with less than 25 in any stats. It shouldn't take more than a few resets to figure out. Whatever stat is in red has to be perfect. Otherwise you will be told to toss by anyone here. Similarly anything less than 4x31's will be dismissed as a toss in my experience.

Just a couple of pointers.
Thanks for the tips :)

One more hoopa BTW to all. 31/31/28-29/31/31/28-29 Timid

That would be worth considering but going by what I said it's an instant toss because the perfect stat isnt a 31. That's close though.
I don't know whether I should toss it though because competitively that makes a difference of like 1-2 stat points iirc

I don't know whether I should toss it though because competitively that makes a difference of like 1-2 stat points iirc
However, the 1-2 stat points means that if you're up against something that's in the same speed tier, you will always be KO'd because the other will 100% outspeed you (unless Speed is not maxed, which it generally is). I'm sorry, but while the stats are very good, you NEED 31 Speed for it to be even considered for trade. ;)

Hi!
I'm looking for a VGC viable Bold Cresselia, can you help me? I can offer you one of these (but I can do any other Breeding Project if you don't see anything) or PP max two of your Pokémon.

ミュウ
(OT: A s t r o)(ID: 08981)

timid - synchronize
31 | 28 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31
soft boiled | mimic | defog | vacuum wave
warp code used for faraway island
emulator used, cloned via pokegen

so i think these are the moves i wanna put onto this lil guy. i know im missing the usual moves (seismic toss, etc), but with timid and a 28 atk i feel like i might as well just stay away from physical moves. should I do this one like this, and the upcoming shiny hexflawless timid one with some physical moves?

ミュウ

timid - synchronize

so i think these are the moves i wanna put onto this lil guy. i know im missing the usual moves (seismic toss, etc), but with timid and a 28 atk i feel like i might as well just stay away from physical moves. should I do this one like this, and the upcoming shiny hexflawless timid one with some physical moves?
I actually have some with Stealth rock and knock off, but I guess it all depends on preference and usage?

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
ミュウ

timid - synchronize

Softboiled and Defog are mandatory. Everything else is up to individual preference :)

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
But it can learn Roost...
It can indeed, but everyone wants Mew with Softboiled for some reason (talking from experience, trust me :P) The advice I am giving is that if you don't have Softboiled, people will ask you to teach it Softboiled, so it is better to have it (and Defog) from the beginning because 99% of people will want those two moves.

Why Softboiled? Who knows! Must be a psychological thing....

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
It can indeed, but everyone wants Mew with Softboiled for some reason (talking from experience, trust me :P) The advice I am giving is that if you don't have Softboiled, people will ask you to teach it Softboiled, so it is better to have it (and Defog) from the beginning because 99% of people will want those two moves.

Why Softboiled? Who knows! Must be a psychological thing....
The reasoning is that there are Pokémon that can learn Imprison and Roost, but not Imprison and Soft-boiled. Hence Soft-boiled has a slight (and incredibly situational) advantage in that there are instances that Roost can be blocked, but Soft-boiled not (obviously there are also instances where both can be blocked, but bleh).

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
The reasoning is that there are Pokémon that can learn Imprison and Roost, but not Imprison and Soft-boiled. Hence Soft-boiled has a slight (and incredibly situational) advantage in that there are instances that Roost can be blocked, but Soft-boiled not (obviously there are also instances where both can be blocked, but bleh).
That is a very interesting and very niche reason, thanks, I never even thought of that xD

ミュウ

timid - synchronize

Your attack doesn't matter when calculating seismic toss damage...so you may as well

Yeah if you were doing modest you want 31 in speed. Is there any niche in modest cress?
Ohh. I thought it was only obligatory to do 31 speed if we're talking of jolly/ timid/ hasty/ etc ones. I've been checking the VGC 2015 teams and most have been running modest, maybe since it deals more damage with a supporting icy wind?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)