Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 47 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking for a Chlorophyll Bulbasaur. I have a shiny Marill and shiny Jolly Salamence, if that sweetens the pot. I really need this for my team I'm building.

FC:3540-3039-2647
IGN: EJ

Breeding a smeargle - should I got for ~0 attack? Timid or Jolly?

Also, best ability for competative tauros?

Last edited:

n.n rattata

Banned deucer.
Breeding a smeargle - should I got for ~0 attack? Timid or Jolly?

Also, best ability for competative tauros?
Only speed matters for Smeargle, since it uses only status moves. Jolly/Timid are the same. Also, for Tauros, naive w/ fire blast and sheer force is the best set.

Doesn't matter. You are talking about 100 level stats. At level 50 which is 99.9% of WiFi battles, 30 HP with 252 EVs gives 207 HP. You don't even need full investment to give +50 HP Subs.

Think you should keep.
With over 7000 wi-fi battles logged between my X and OR, I believe I have only been asked for a lvl 50 battle 5-10 times.

Edit: Mew code is still up for trade.

Jolly is good for mono-physical attacking set. In NU, you'd need to hit stuff like Ferroseed and Vileplume (for no effect spore) and extra dmg. Mixed fire blast provides good coverage in general.
I thought the Tauros set would be for the classic RBY fight with the original 151 Pokémon (no legendaries) and no held items? If that's the case, you're not gonna get much mileage from a mixed Tauros that can't hold a Life Orb, plus Eviolite Tangela and bulky steels are non-existant, and Magneton can be KO'd with an EQ, so there's no need to run Fire Blast.
If it's actually for NU battles then yeah, run Naive.

Last edited:
I think the Tauros set would be for the classic RBY fight with the original 151 Pokémon (no legendaries) and no held items. If that's the case, you're not gonna get much mileage from a mixed Tauros that can't hold a Life Orb, plus Eviolite Tangela and bulky steels are non-existant, and Magneton can be KO'd with an EQ, so there's no need to run Fire Blast.
Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres can be used despite being legendary

I thought the Tauros set would be for the classic RBY fight with the original 151 Pokémon (no legendaries) and no held items? If that's the case, you're not gonna get much mileage from a mixed Tauros that can't hold a Life Orb, plus Eviolite Tangela and bulky steels are non-existant, and Magneton can be KO'd with an EQ, so there's no need to run Fire Blast.
So sheer force or intimidate?

So sheer force or intimidate?
I'm not entirely familiar with the ruleset? Is it pentagon-only?
Intimidate seems like the best option. Body Slam + Sheer Force is illegal and Tauros doesn't have much else going for it. Zen Headbutt, Iron Head and Rock Slide are about its only moves that benefit from Sheer Force.
Intimidate seems like your best bet.

Just to be sure, this is meant for the RBY cup, yeah?

Last edited:
*Stretches and Yawns*
Hey guys it's been a while, quick TL;DR is I'm looking for a flawless, non-European Ditto for Matsudo breeding on ORAS. (I'm UK)
Long Story: I'm at University now, and I recently got myself a 3DS and got started on AS - only I haven't played since about a year ago on OR, and I don't have any of my gear from back home with me, so I'm breeding from scratch.

It goes without saying that I won't be redistributing the Ditto, it'll purely be for personal breeding use. If you can help drop me an inbox, or feel free to push me in someone's direction! Thanks :>

Last edited:
Can someone RNG me a Hitmonlee with Sucker a Punch and Bullet Punch? Want it for Kanto Classic. You can have anything in my trade thread, or give me a breeding project. If someone could get me one with the aforementioned moves and Rapid Spin as well, that'd be great. Don't want Rapid Spin on the one I'm gonna use in the competition, but maybe later I'll want one with Rapid Spin.

Rock Climb is used over Body Slam.

Plus Fire Blast gets a Sheer Force boost.
Oh, Rock Climb. Yeah that seems pretty decent. Am not aware of Dream World stuff much.
But I think we're talking about that RBY tournament where no held items are allowed so Fire Blast would be quite gimmicky on a Tauros that can't hold LO. Especially since the very reason of using Fire Blast are steel types and bulky grass types are virtually non-existant in that cup.

Joseybird, can you clarify if this is for the RBY tournament or regular play?

*Stretches and Yawns*
Hey guys it's been a while, quick TL;DR is I'm looking for a flawless, non-European Ditto for Matsudo breeding on ORAS. (I'm UK)
Long Story: I'm at University now, and I recently got myself a 3DS and got started on AS - only I haven't played since about a year ago on OR, and I don't have any of my gear from back home with me, so I'm breeding from scratch.

It goes without saying that I won't be redistributing the Ditto, it'll purely be for personal breeding use. If you can help drop me an inbox, or feel free to push me in someone's direction! Thanks :>
There's a couple of Ditto giveaways from users Most & Buckert.

Oh, Rock Climb. Yeah that seems pretty decent. Am not aware of Dream World stuff much.
But I think we're talking about that RBY tournament where no held items are allowed so Fire Blast would be quite gimmicky on a Tauros that can't hold LO. Especially since the very reason of using Fire Blast are steel types and bulky grass types are virtually non-existant in that cup.

Joseybird, can you clarify if this is for the RBY tournament or regular play?
Sorry! For the tourney

n.n rattata

Banned deucer.
*Stretches and Yawns*

*Masuda method. Matsudo lol hillarious name..

Can someone RNG me a Hitmonlee with Sucker a Punch and Bullet Punch? Want it for Kanto Classic. You can have anything in my trade thread, or give me a breeding project. If someone could get me one with the aforementioned moves and Rapid Spin as well, that'd be great. Don't want Rapid Spin on the one I'm gonna use in the competition, but maybe later I'll want one with Rapid Spin.
I'll add it to my list of Kanto Classic RNGs to do this weekend.

Sorry! For the tourney
In that case, hmm. Come to think of it, I quickly wrote off Zen Headbutt but in a metagame where not much walls it it does sound pretty nice.
Rock Climb Sheer Force Tauros Jolly would be ideal but you'll have to scour to find it (or hack) since the method of obtaining it is entirely discontinued and there's no other way to get Rock Climb on a SF Tauros.
But yeah. Tauros can do some pretty funky damage with 175 BP Rock Climb, 104 BP Zen Headbutt.

Honestly, I can't decide. Intimidate has phasing prowess but SF has very nice damage and Tauros outspeeds or ties non-boosted everyone except Aerodactyl, Dugtrio, Alakazam, Jolteon, Persian and Starmie (and ties with Gengar and Raichu).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)