Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 48 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
are the catchrate of the beasts on serebii accurate?

catchrate should be 45 yest ive thrown over 200 dive balls on an nihilego with 1 hp and paralyze yet stil didnt catch it

Mattapod

bad clarinet music
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
are the catchrate of the beasts on serebii accurate?

catchrate should be 45 yest ive thrown over 200 dive balls on an nihilego with 1 hp and paralyze yet stil didnt catch it
id assume so. nihilego usually took 5-20 dive balls for me. i recall one time it taking over 80 balls. youre just getting unlucky sadly.

Looking for adamant gible/ modest popplio/ adamant or careful rowlett/ timid corrosion salandit/ timid shield dust cutiefly (possibly with moonblast)/ timid snow warning alolan vulpix/ bold dewpider breedjects. Please pm if anyone has any they are willing to trade.

I currently have jolly riolu/ jolly mimikyu/ adamant bagon spitbacks, and I could breed some relaxed HA mareanies in a beast ball.

if it was just softresetting
lol bottle caps are easy to get just fish an bit and you get them so many ways to get them

even so getting a few bottle caps is way easier then breeding

this pretty much kileld the whole use of breeding asside from egg moves and nature

so tell me how does it reward effort then? you breed an pokemon without any max iv

I take the time to breed 1 with max ivs

I put in more effort but you have an pokemon thats just as good.

so no it doesnt reward effort and its my most hated competetive mechanic ever which sucks since this gen was my last one anyway and nintendo realy killed it fast for me this time which is realy sad:(
I see what you're saying but you're underestimating how time-consuming the requirements for Hyper Training are. Bottle Caps are a fairly rare find when fishing, but just for the sake of argument, let's say they aren't. Let's say you have a Bottle Cap on-hand, ready to go. You breed a Pokémon simply for the nature and Egg Moves. Even with the Bottle Cap, you still have to train that Pokémon to Level 100 - and unless I'm missing something, rebattling the Elite Four is the most "efficient" way to get EXP in this game - which is to say, not very efficient. But say you do the grind and get it up to Level 100. Even then, the Bottle Cap only maxes out one stat. You still need four more Bottle Caps to simulate having a 5IV Pokémon (or one Gold Bottle Cap but those are even rarer).

OR you could chain a couple 4IV Dittos, breed a 5IV 'mon in probably 30 mins to 2 hours (depending on what you have on hand), then train it up to Level 50, which is probably two-three runs through the Elite Four VS the dozens of runs you'd need to train something to 100.

If there's a way to train a Pokémon to Level 100 in less than 2-3 hours, then please, correct me. I, however, do not know of one, and as such, Hyper Training 100% does not obsolete breeding. They both have their uses - use Hyper Training for getting perfect unbreedable Pokémon, use breeding for everything else. Hyper Training is just far too time-consuming to be a viable replacement for simply breeding a perfect Pokémon.

Even if Hyper Training was far easier than breeding, nothing's stopping you from breeding if you enjoy it. Play the game how you want to - after all, it's a game - for entertainment. But if you don't enjoy breeding but still use it VS a significantly easier alternative, you're doing something wrong.

I see what you're saying but you're underestimating how time-consuming the requirements for Hyper Training are. Bottle Caps are a fairly rare find when fishing, but just for the sake of argument, let's say they aren't. Let's say you have a Bottle Cap on-hand, ready to go. You breed a Pokémon simply for the nature and Egg Moves. Even with the Bottle Cap, you still have to train that Pokémon to Level 100 - and unless I'm missing something, rebattling the Elite Four is the most "efficient" way to get EXP in this game - which is to say, not very efficient. But say you do the grind and get it up to Level 100. Even then, the Bottle Cap only maxes out one stat. You still need four more Bottle Caps to simulate having a 5IV Pokémon (or one Gold Bottle Cap but those are even rarer).

OR you could chain a couple 4IV Dittos, breed a 5IV 'mon in probably 30 mins to 2 hours (depending on what you have on hand), then train it up to Level 50, which is probably two-three runs through the Elite Four VS the dozens of runs you'd need to train something to 100.

If there's a way to train a Pokémon to Level 100 in less than 2-3 hours, then please, correct me. I, however, do not know of one, and as such, Hyper Training 100% does not obsolete breeding. They both have their uses - use Hyper Training for getting perfect unbreedable Pokémon, use breeding for everything else. Hyper Training is just far too time-consuming to be a viable replacement for simply breeding a perfect Pokémon.

Even if Hyper Training was far easier than breeding, nothing's stopping you from breeding if you enjoy it. Play the game how you want to - after all, it's a game - for entertainment. But if you don't enjoy breeding but still use it VS a significantly easier alternative, you're doing something wrong.
I dont enjoy it anymore because to me it has no use at all anymore and sure lvl 100 takes a while but still

I get an random 4 iv ditto and an 4 iv parrent breed 5 eggs hatch them take the best ad probatly need only 1 bottle cap for it and be done with it also I cna get them easy in festival plaza or in poke polega even afk just check poke pelago 2 times a day and unless you play pokemon like 5 or 6 hours an dya you get more bottle caps those ways then you would ever need

id assume so. nihilego usually took 5-20 dive balls for me. i recall one time it taking over 80 balls. youre just getting unlucky sadly.
seems so but im used to that I never forget the 1 time I needed an female gastly ivs where irrevelant where it took me 137 eggs to finaly get it.

I was so close to smashing my game you have no idea:P

gues I keep at it then the first one I just tossed

Nihilego - #793 (Timid)
HP: 30 - 31
Att: 31
Def: 30 - 31
SpA: 12 - 13
SpD: 31
Speed: 29 - 30

if onnly att and sa where switched:(

edit: decided to keep this one

Nihilego - #793 (Timid)
HP: 28 - 29
Att: 25 - 26
Def: 30 - 31
SpA: 30 - 31
SpD: 24 - 25
Speed: 31

Last edited:
Hey! A while ago I asked for a Jangmo-o with Overcoat; I actually managed to find one on my own.

However, I actually have a new request: Could I have a Female Alolan Vulpix with Snow Warning? I have Moon, so I can't chain for one myself.

Sorry to be a bother to the person who responded to me for Jangmo-o.

Hey! A while ago I asked for a Jangmo-o with Overcoat; I actually managed to find one on my own.

However, I actually have a new request: Could I have a Female Alolan Vulpix with Snow Warning? I have Moon, so I can't chain for one myself.

Sorry to be a bother to the person who responded to me for Jangmo-o.
I could breed you a spitback of the vulpix if you can breed me a spitback of the ha jangmo-o. PM me of you want to trade.

alright need some advice

Pheromosa dive ball and timid /modets nature are oblius but since I can get 4 of these any other ball suggestions or natures?

Mattapod

bad clarinet music
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
alright need some advice

Pheromosa dive ball and timid /modets nature are oblius but since I can get 4 of these any other ball suggestions or natures?
pheromosa wants a mixed nature usually. rash, naive or naughty are all viable. typically runs:

- u turn
- ice beam
- high jump kick
- lunge/poison jab/hidden power electric or ground

or a quiver dance set with bug buzz.

i personally like premier or luxury ball on it

GUUYS! I was hunting for a Jangmo-O and first one I ran into was SHINY!

What ball should I use? I think I have access to all except balls except friend ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)