Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 48 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's actually -20 since it's just too light. With base catchvalue of ~4.7 that theoretically boils down to -16 CatchValue (ie: impossible).
That said, there seems to be some evidence of it not allowing you to go below 0, but we don't know what value it caps at. Heavy Ball Beldum could be anywhere between 0.01% catchrate or lower.

I'm fairly sure abilities and held items don't affect the Heavy Ball's catch rate.
Beast ball doesn't actually make the CatchValue negative, though. Only Heavy Ball does this.
I used an (injected but legal post-Poké Bank) Skill Swap Harvest Exeggutor and an A-Marowak to keep the Beldum alive indefinitely. I caught the Beast Ball Beldum is ~75 balls. By comparison, I chucked 300 Heavy Ball and it didn't even shake once.
I've seen various values. All the online catchrate calculators actually give impossible values for the Heavy Ball.
But we do:

CatchValue = ((( 3 * Max HP - 2 * HP ) * (Catch Rate * Ball Modifier ) / (3 * Max HP) ) * Status Modifier
Catch = 1048560 / √(√(16711680 / CatchValue)) = (2^20 - 2^4) / √(√((2^24 - 2^16) / CatchValue))
Source

We're just not quite sure what happens when the CatchValue actually goes in the negative and what the floor would be.

----

Just ran some tests:

Lv.27 Beldum with 1/66 HP, Paralysed:

Beast Ball: CatchValue = (((3*66-2*1)*(3*0.1)/(3*66))*1,5) = 0.45
Heavy Ball: CatchValue = (((3*66-2*1)*(3*1)/(3*66))*1,5) -20 = -15.5
Hey for whatever it's worth, I was tracking this conversation with interest earlier. Tonight while rewatching Friends, I tried catching a Komala (43.9 lbs / 19.9 kg) in a Heavy Ball while I had the time to button mash. It didn't click for a few throws.
Back in RBY and GSC, my brother and I would often eagerly hold down or tap A while throwing poke balls on unlikely catches, hoping to eek out a good roll and nab our treasures more quickly. Tonight I happened to try holding or tapping some combination(s) of A, B, X, Y while throwing Heavy Balls. The fourth attempt or so clicked. Another clicked multiple times. I tried no tapping or superstitious holding = no clicks; I threw a few more with my superstitions gaining traction, however ridiculous.
Eventually I caught Komala. I looked at how many Heavy Balls I was missing -- it caught on exactly/only the 10th Heavy Ball toss.

For reference, Beldum weighs 209.9lbs or 95.2kg according to Bulbapedia. If I understand the earlier mathematical quandary, I want to just confirm that the catch rate doesn't seem to "go negative." If I've missed something key, my apologies!

I don't know if I believe that button mashing during an RNG roll can make the difference in something like a low catch rate ball / Pokemon combination. Nevertheless, I have a Heavy Ball Komala fresh from Route 11. Perhaps it's worth another go on Beldum?

Hey for whatever it's worth, I was tracking this conversation with interest earlier. Tonight while rewatching Friends, I tried catching a Komala (43.9 lbs / 19.9 kg) in a Heavy Ball while I had the time to button mash. It didn't click for a few throws.
Back in RBY and GSC, my brother and I would often eagerly hold down or tap A while throwing poke balls on unlikely catches, hoping to eek out a good roll and nab our treasures more quickly. Tonight I happened to try holding or tapping some combination(s) of A, B, X, Y while throwing Heavy Balls. The fourth attempt or so clicked. Another clicked multiple times. I tried no tapping or superstitious holding = no clicks; I threw a few more with my superstitions gaining traction, however ridiculous.
Eventually I caught Komala. I looked at how many Heavy Balls I was missing -- it caught on exactly/only the 10th Heavy Ball toss.

For reference, Beldum weighs 209.9lbs or 95.2kg according to Bulbapedia. If I understand the earlier mathematical quandary, I want to just confirm that the catch rate doesn't seem to "go negative." If I've missed something key, my apologies!

I don't know if I believe that button mashing during an RNG roll can make the difference in something like a low catch rate ball / Pokemon combination. Nevertheless, I have a Heavy Ball Komala fresh from Route 11. Perhaps it's worth another go on Beldum?
Komala doesn't have a catch-rate of 3 like Beldum, it's 45. So Komala's CatchValue won't loop into the negative.
If you wanna test something that's similar, try catching any of the Tapus in the Heavy Ball. They all have catch rate of 3 and also weigh <95.2kg.

Komala doesn't have a catch-rate of 3 like Beldum, it's 45. So Komala's CatchValue won't loop into the negative.
If you wanna test something that's similar, try catching any of the Tapus in the Heavy Ball. They all have catch rate of 3 and also weigh <95.2kg.
My mistake. If I recover from the embarrassment of that derp, I'll just go straight for the Beldum. ;-)

How long are you gonna be online? If you can wait 2 hours, I might be able to trade fast if I get lucky with my breeds. I'm getting a lot crappy breeds.
I can stay online as long as needed, but I might be a little sleepy in a few hours. Getting any spread with HP fire tonight would be fantastic, though I understand if RNG decides to spit in your face!

I can stay online as long as needed, but I might be a little sleepy in a few hours. Getting any spread with HP fire tonight would be fantastic, though I understand if RNG decides to spit in your face!
Got a decent one w/ Magnet Pull: 31/16-25/31/30/31/30. "Decent" as in high atk IVs. Seems to be a common theme among the viable HP Fire Mags I'm getting. I'm a serious breeder and tend to throw these breeds into the release bin to save PC space. Though in Mags case, I keep any viable ones considering that they are harder to breed than most Pokemon.

This one should be good enough for your taste and many people unless your pretty anal like myself when it comes to breeding. It's yours if you have the Marill I specified, should be pretty easy to get.

Got a decent one w/ Magnet Pull: 31/16-25/31/30/31/30. "Decent" as in high atk IVs. Seems to be a common theme among the viable HP Fire Mags I'm getting. I'm a serious breeder and tend to throw these breeds into the release bin to save PC space. Though in Mags case, I keep any viable ones considering that they are harder to breed than most Pokemon.

This one should be good enough for your taste and many people unless your pretty anal like myself when it comes to breeding. It's yours if you have the Marill I specified, should be pretty easy to get.
Yes!! That will work wonderfully. Didn't you want a specific gender marill or does it not matter much?
They have perfect IVs except in HP which is actually kinda low? I'll throw in a bottle cap too because I have more of those than I'll ever need. What's your friend code?

Last edited:
Yes!! That will work wonderfully. Didn't you want a specific gender marill or does it not matter much?
They have perfect IVs except in HP which looks to be about 29? I'll throw in a bottle cap too because I have more of those than I'll ever need. What's your friend code?
It's mentioned in my signature. Do I need to say it to you? 29 in HP is irrelevant, I only care about the Egg Moves. Cap would be nice considering I don't have many.

What's your FC?

FC: 0576-5827-7581 I suppose it's a problem when viewing the Forum via Mobile Phone.
I was only recently told, if you turn your phone on to landscape when on forms you can see signatures, also could I get Hp fire magnemite aswell for something?

I was only recently told, if you turn your phone on to landscape when on forms you can see signatures, also could I get Hp fire magnemite aswell for something?
Sure why not? Mag is annoying to breed though so it can take me a lot of eggs just to get a decent one. I'm looking for at least half decent breedable mons with good Egg Moves. You are free to make a list of the mons you currently have. I have already received via trade many of the good commonly sought ones like Bagon, HA Dratini, HA Geodude, HA Gible etc. So, I don't need these for anything.

Going backwards a bit but I need a friend

Friend Safari Rock to be precise for my PokeX

I need to catch myself a Pupitar in a luxury ball, PM me if you can help

Thank you in advance

LF: A cloner (gen 7)
FT: A copy of the pokemon I need cloned (fully redis)

Edit: Also, what do you think is a good ball for Mimikyu?

Last edited:
Is there a list somewhere that shows all Pokémon that are available in S/M? If yes, could somebody link me to it?

If no one can help me with friend safari
(Looking for Pupitar)

Does anyone have a female Larvitar/Pupitar/Tyranitar in Luxury ball?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)