Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 48 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all. So I SR'd this Solgaleo: Adamant 31 / 30 / 31 / 19 / 31 / 30

I'm pretty sure I'm stopping with this (haven't saved yet), but is that extra 1 point really necessary for speed with its odd speed tier?
Remember, at level 50, 30 Ivs is the same as 31 Ivs. In most competitive play, all pokes above lvl 50 get rounded down. So really, your Solgaleo is pretty much perfect.

I'm pretty sure I'm stopping with this (haven't saved yet), but is that extra 1 point really necessary for speed with its odd speed tier?
Remember, at level 50, 30 Ivs is the same as 31 Ivs. In most competitive play, all pokes above lvl 50 get rounded down. So really, your Solgaleo is pretty much perfect.
Uninvested, yes. But not if you invest EV's into the stat, which you'll almost always do for Speed and especially Attack on an Adamant natured anything.

That said, getting the Solgaleo to level 100 and use Hyper Training to compensate for the less than perfect important stats is an option. If it's just for personal use, keep and Hyper Train it later. If you're looking to use it for trading, toss and make sure you also catch it in a pretty ball. These things can be important to some folks.

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus

If it's for non-Hyper Trained trade value, I'd say toss. 31 speed is necessary so you don't lose speed ties 100% of the time against other Solgaleo, and other collectors of non-Hyper trained legendaries will be very critical about the stat that's boosted by the nature being 31.

You can always HT it
That doesn't really mean anything in this situation, because you could always HT something like an Adamant 31/2/31/31/13/8 Solgaleo, and it'd be just as good.

Edit: Sorry if I wasn't clear on what I meant by that, I'll clarify. I would assume that a 31/30/31/17/31/30 Adamant Solgaleo would take a lot of time and effort to get. So settling on that just because you can Hyper train it would effectively make all that time they spent wasted, since in the first place, they could just settle on any random IVs, as long as it had an adamant nature.

Last edited:
If it's for non-Hyper Trained trade value, I'd say toss. 31 speed is necessary so you don't lose speed ties 100% of the time against other Solgaleo, and other collectors of non-Hyper trained legendaries will be very critical about the stat that's boosted by the nature being 31.

That doesn't really mean anything in this situation, because you could always HT something like an Adamant 31/2/31/31/13/8 Solgaleo, and it'd be just as good.

Edit: Sorry if I wasn't clear on what I meant by that, I'll clarify. I would assume that a 31/30/31/17/31/30 Adamant Solgaleo would take a lot of time and effort to get. So settling on that just because you can Hyper train it would effectively make all that time they spent wasted, since in the first place, they could just settle on any random IVs, as long as it had an adamant nature.
True

Ah, valid points Detective Barricade and Sondero.

I ended up keeping it, I suppose partly due to "fatigue", as I've been at it since the start of February more or less; so I suppose I'll relegate it to personal use. At least it's in a premiere ball though, so pretty ball - check, lol.

If I end up trying again with cosmog, which stats can I get away with being "less than perfect", and by how much?

Is Heavy Ball Beldum actually possible? I'm beginning to doubt it. Anyone know the exact rate so I know the odds?

Edit: Got a single shake once. Beginning to think that was a glitch. Lol

Ah, valid points Detective Barricade and Sondero.

I ended up keeping it, I suppose partly due to "fatigue", as I've been at it since the start of February more or less; so I suppose I'll relegate it to personal use. At least it's in a premiere ball though, so pretty ball - check, lol.

If I end up trying again with cosmog, which stats can I get away with being "less than perfect", and by how much?
If going for Adamant, I'd go for 30+/31/28+/x/28+/31. The Attack and Speed are vital, while the defensive stats can be sacrificed slightly. But then again, some will not tolerate anything less than flawless everything but Special Attack. It really depends on what you're willing to settle for, what's your threshold for "good enough".

I'm LF for some breedject of the following:
-Level Ball Stamina Mudbray with Close Combat & Double Edge
-Preimer Ball Iron Fist Crawbrawler (egg move optional)
-Dream/Heal Ball Aftermath Stunky with Egg Moves

IVs don't matter, just need female of those.

Edit: Love Ball is illegal on Stunky

Also I should explain that I need them female because I did some egg seed RNG and I have a backup file that has a seed with three frames that can produce Shiny Pokemon with 31/31/31/xx/31/31 in Ivs. For two of them, the 5 31 come from the father so the mother's IVs are irrelevant.

Last edited:
I'm LF for some breedject of the following:
-Level Ball Stamina Mudbray with Close Combat & Double Edge
-Preimer Ball Iron Fist Crawbrawler (egg move optional)
-Love Ball Aftermath Stunky with Egg Moves

IVs don't matter, just need female of those.
You're going to have to explain to me how you plan on getting a Love Ball Stunky, as you couldn't get one in HGSS nor can you get one in S&M (As much as it would look great in a love ball ;-;). I have my Heal Ball (I really need to get a Dream Ball one...) Stunky set in OR if you need it.

You're going to have to explain to me how you plan on getting a Love Ball Stunky, as you couldn't get one in HGSS nor can you get one in S&M (As much as it would look great in a love ball ;-;). I have my Heal Ball (I really need to get a Dream Ball one...) Stunky set in OR if you need it.
Oh shit, didn't think about it. I thought it was possible to have a Love Ball Stunky. I'll correct that mistake shorty.

If going for Adamant, I'd go for 30+/31/28+/x/28+/31. The Attack and Speed are vital, while the defensive stats can be sacrificed slightly. But then again, some will not tolerate anything less than flawless everything but Special Attack. It really depends on what you're willing to settle for, what's your threshold for "good enough".
I appreciate the info, and I'll keep it in mind "when that time comes".

Thank you and everyone else for your input.

How valuable are lucky eggs to people with multiple carts of the game? I'm in desperate need of a few for training. The grind to 100 is so tedious.

Why are people still soft resetting legendary Pokemon for IVs when there is hyper training? When I first heard of hyper training, I thought for sure that it would be the end of soft resetting in generation 7.

How valuable are lucky eggs to people with multiple carts of the game? I'm in desperate need of a few for training. The grind to 100 is so tedious.
If you request Ditto from Eisen's giveaway, he can give you any item.

Why are people still soft resetting legendary Pokemon for IVs when there is hyper training? When I first heard of hyper training, I thought for sure that it would be the end of soft resetting in generation 7.

They're still valuable to collectors, for mere battling purposes as you say anything does as we do have HT but some people likes them more as a collectable and so they look for the perfect spreads

I personally do it because I don't like lvl 100 pokémon. I prefer them with their original level.

Partly because the grind to level 100 is about as pleasant as getting stung by a swarm of Beedrill, and partly because there's still value in untouched legendary Pokemon. Mostly the latter.

Besides that, there's still value in SR'ing for 0 Attack or 0 Speed, as Hyper Training can't get you those. (you can also aim for weird IV's on certain Ultra Beasts to make their Beast Boost ability boost a different stat than usual)

Modest or Timid Autotomize Celesteela?

Power is great and all but I feel it's too slow at +2 Speed with Modest. Timid could work, especially after you get a boost from a kill.....

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 20)