Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 48 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be cautioned, Guzzlord has Thrash and will likely KO itself from confusion before you get it in a non-Beast ball. Have a Ghost-type handy so it can't use it.
Would it be a good idea to have someone hold onto my team, then proceed to speedrun my game again now that i know how useful UB's can be and manage to keep my tapus to boot?

Would it be a good idea to have someone hold onto my team, then proceed to speedrun my game again now that i know how useful UB's can be and manage to keep my tapus to boot?
If you don't have pokebank or other cartridge, that'd be perhaps an option, I also didn't put a lot of effort into SR'ing them the first run I did on my Sun version but when I got my Moon version I spent a lot of time to get good natures/spreads even matching balls lol, now that I got powersaves I was thinking of starting additional files to speed run and try RNG but not sure if I got the time to do so

Nature and ball suggestions for Guzzlord?
I went Luxury ball and I like the looks tbh, was hard to get tho lol also went quiet nature, sadly no 0 IVs in speed

I assume you're not using 3rd party backup methods. But even if you're not, I don't think it's worth the amount of time it takes to get through the game just to get a few Pokemon. I respect people working towards good Pokemon, but don't reset a good file just for that.

I assume you're not using 3rd party backup methods. But even if you're not, I don't think it's worth the amount of time it takes to get through the game just to get a few Pokemon. I respect people working towards good Pokemon, but don't reset a good file just for that.
Well i was just talking about somebody holding on to my sweeper team until i have access to the festival plaza then Retrieving my team from said person to cut the grinding and some of the difficulty. But as you were saying just the sheer thought of sitting through the cutscenes is un-appealing.

Depends on if you think you can trade for the necessary UB's in the future. If you don't think you can, then it would perhaps be worth your time.

However, it would probably be easier if you just went and bought PokeBank if you wanted to keep your pokes for a reset. PokeBank is a storage app from the Nintendo store for Gen 6 and Gen 7 pokemon, that costs a yearly fee of 5 USD (or whatever the equivalent is in your nations currency). So you could easily offload all your pokes, then reset the game.

Depends on if you think you can trade for the necessary UB's in the future. If you don't think you can, then it would perhaps be worth your time.

However, it would probably be easier if you just went and bought PokeBank if you wanted to keep your pokes for a reset. PokeBank is a storage app from the Nintendo store for Gen 6 and Gen 7 pokemon, that costs a yearly fee of 5 USD (or whatever the equivalent is in your nations currency). So you could easily offload all your pokes, then reset the game.
Yea, i considered bank as i was also looking into buying X to bring me up to speed (The more i think about it the better this option fits). I guess it's more a matter of if i want to deal with the whole "Middle Man" deal or purchase a pokebank subscription.

Ok, I'll keep this short and sweet:
I need a pokemon for breeding. If you have the following, I have some breedjects for trade:
Love Ball, Adamant, Play Rough, Oblivious Bounsweet/Steene/Tsareena

Ok, that's all I need! Please pm me if interested, thanks :D

Thanks, I'll do that.

If anyone here is able to help, though, what I'm looking for is some way to understand what for lack of a better term I'm calling "UB-specific frame variance." Naturally, when targeting UBs you need to figure out how many frames to subtract to make exactly 192 units be subtracted from EonTimer, but there's also a number of frames that need to be subtracted according to whichever UB you're shooting for. For Celesteela in the zero-NPC part of Malie Garden, it's 40-41 frames.

...But evidently there's some other factor in there, because I've been SRing for Celesteela for at least 7 solid hours and I've yet to hit the target frame once. Sometimes it gets pretty close (2 frames, evidently due to sync-related confusion), but sometimes it's far enough away that I know the variance isn't due to me not hitting the right 1/30th of a second. Sometimes it's 5, 15, 40, even up to 100 frames off. This is after I've figured out my Temporary Target Frame and subtracted another 40-41 frames from it.

This weird-ass frame variance doesn't seem to exist for Tapus, but maybe it's just less noticeable because they're 100% encounters and thus it takes a lot less time to get them.

So I'll talk to r/pokemonRNG, but if anyone here has had any experience, I'm open to that too.
To hit 192, you need to subtract either 96 or 63. If neither of those work, you need to use a different target frame because rotomdex blinking is screwing you up. The frame error is different for every UB. Variance is caused by different numbers of NPCs in the encounter areas. Ghost NPCs are also a thing as well, as with Tapu Fini.

To hit 192, you need to subtract either 96 or 63. If neither of those work, you need to use a different target frame because rotomdex blinking is screwing you up. The frame error is different for every UB. Variance is caused by different numbers of NPCs in the encounter areas. Ghost NPCs are also a thing as well, as with Tapu Fini.
Right, I'm subtracting whatever is necessary to generate a difference of 192. Also, I'm using an area of Malie Garden where supposedly 0 NPCs exist, at least according to one guide (unless there are ghost NPCs, but I would imagine they'd throw my frame off more than 15 or 40 or whatever number it seems to be).

Komodo

Huff
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi, can anybody here help me find the secret ID from one of my Pokemon please, you can keep it afterwards. It's a male Sunkern, Modest, with Chlorophyll, ivs are 27/30/31/30/31/30.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)