Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 49 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
LF: Porygon from G/S/C with Curse and Sassy nature. Low speed IV (<10) would be appreciated, but isn't essential.

FT: anything that can be RNG-bred/caught in White I guess, excluding legendaries and hard-to-RNG things (such as Entralink or swirling dust Pokemon).

Christian

Veni, vidi, vici
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
LF: Porygon from G/S/C with Curse and Sassy nature. Low speed IV (<10) would be appreciated, but isn't essential.

FT: anything that can be RNG-bred/caught in White I guess, excluding legendaries and hard-to-RNG things (such as Entralink or swirling dust Pokemon).
I can get you one, though I have no clue about which set to use :p Do you already have anything in mind?

Ma sei italiano xD

Last edited:
Anyone has a copy of Blueforce's shiny Adamant Zygarde?
Sadly, i was unable to participate in the Giveaway. I can offer a ton of breedjects for it.
Bump.

Also looking for UM/Moon exclusive Fortune tents/clothes, a Level or Fast ball Chansey, Love ball Shellder and an HA female Bergmite in a Premier ball (all four mons in gen 6).

Last edited:

Smuckem

Resident Facility Bot Wannabe
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I have a lot of your secondary targets, but my time to trade is limited (mostly because I'm trying to complete the set of legendaries from US) - take a look at the sheet in my sig if interested.
Definitely would be interested in the Adamant Landorus and the Timid Latios. As it turns out, someone else may have one of my primary targets ready, so I'll give it until the end of this week to see if anyone else bites. Otherwise, I'll go with that other Breeder's offer (unless he suddenly has to pull out for any reason). Many thanks for reminding me of your sheets, though!

Christian

Veni, vidi, vici
I’m looking for somebody who can get the Earth Ribbon on my Shiny Latias (I don’t have easy access to XD or Colo now). She has already all Emerald contest ribbons and battle ribbons. I can offer anything in my thread in return.

In USUM, will Clefable pass down softboiled? If so, LF Clefable line with softboiled.

If not, what is the preferred alternative healing move for Clefable: moonlight or wish?

pilica12

Buriallusion: Phantomic Killer in Night Mist
In USUM, will Clefable pass down softboiled? If so, LF Clefable line with softboiled.

If not, what is the preferred alternative healing move for Clefable: moonlight or wish?
It won't. Softboiled is a Gen III-exclusive tutor move.

Both Moonlight and Wish are usable, I would say the second is preferred since it doesn't get nerfed by weather and can provide utility by healing teammates.

It won't. Softboiled is a Gen III-exclusive tutor move.

Both Moonlight and Wish are usable, I would say the second is preferred since it doesn't get nerfed by weather and can provide utility by healing teammates.
That’s what I feared about softboiled. Thanks for the feedback!

Hi, I was about to start ultra moon in French, but I don’t know if people matter about the pokemon ig names when it comes to trade ? Like if people don’t want my mons because they have French names, I can still rename them right ? Not sure if my question is clear but I hope someone will understand/answer. Thank you :)

Edit : basically, if it has drawback, trade wise, to play in a language other than English.

Hi, I was about to start ultra moon in French, but I don’t know if people matter about the pokemon ig names when it comes to trade ? Like if people don’t want my mons because they have French names, I can still rename them right ? Not sure if my question is clear but I hope someone will understand/answer. Thank you :)

Edit : basically, if it has drawback, trade wise, to play in a language other than English.
I can't think of any symbol the English version would have that the French would lack, so you should be good.

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus

I'd say it's a benefit to play in non-English languages, since your Pokemon would make Masuda Method breeding easier. I can see some people wanting some good IV bred Pokemon from you so they could more easily Masuda Method breed some Pokemon. For example, if I wanted to breed for a Shiny Shroomish, I'd want to breed a Shroomish from my own English game with a Shroomish of a non-English game for the highest rate of egg production and the fact that the offspring can have Shroomish-specific Level-up moves like Spore as an Egg Move, meaning that the Shroomish would hatch with Spore and be able to relearn Spore even if it evolves and forgets the move.

In case you're not aware, Masuda Method breeding is where 2 Pokemon with different language tags, like French and English, breed. This will result in the offspring having a higher chance of hatching shiny.

Edit: Plus, some people just seem to find French names of Pokemon more "exotic". So if they for example got a non-nicknamed Charmander/Charmeleon from someone else and wanted it to be named after Charizard's french name when it fully evolves, they could request you to evolve the Charmeleon on your file, so it'd be named Dracaufeu without the need of seeking out the original owner, in case they're hard to get in touch with.

I can't think of any symbol the English version would have that the French would lack, so you should be good.
I'd say it's a benefit to play in non-English languages, since your Pokemon would make Masuda Method breeding easier. I can see some people wanting some good IV bred Pokemon from you so they could more easily Masuda Method breed some Pokemon. For example, if I wanted to breed for a Shiny Shroomish, I'd want to breed a Shroomish from my own English game with a Shroomish of a non-English game for the highest rate of egg production and the fact that the offspring can have Shroomish-specific Level-up moves like Spore as an Egg Move, meaning that the Shroomish would hatch with Spore and be able to relearn Spore even if it evolves and forgets the move.

In case you're not aware, Masuda Method breeding is where 2 Pokemon with different language tags, like French and English, breed. This will result in the offspring having a higher chance of hatching shiny.

Edit: Plus, some people just seem to find French names of Pokemon more "exotic". So if they for example got a non-nicknamed Charmander/Charmeleon from someone else and wanted it to be named after Charizard's french name when it fully evolves, they could request you to evolve the Charmeleon on your file, so it'd be named Dracaufeu without the need of seeking out the original owner, in case they're hard to get in touch with.
Thanks guys, I’ll just keep going on then, started a French game :)

Thanks guys, I’ll just keep going on then, started a French game :)
There's also the fact that foreign language monster level up 20% faster (in addition to the 50% from having a different OT) . While this is bad for the story (it's already easy enough without your team's level spiraling out of control), leveling mons to lv 100 in G7 to hyper-train them is so mind-boggingly tedious every shortcut counts.

Is Burn Up even remotely viable on Ho-Oh? Second guessing my decision to go for Adamant or Impish when Regenerator isn’t currently obtainable in Gen VII.

Is Burn Up even remotely viable on Ho-Oh? Second guessing my decision to go for Adamant or Impish when Regenerator isn’t currently obtainable in Gen VII.
I tried to form an opinion, but I'm getting jerked around by the facts:
  • Stealth Rock without Regenerator. This is Bad
  • Burn Up + Roost leaves Ho-oh with no weaknesses. This is Good
    • Burn Up + Roost leaves Ho-oh with no resistances. This is Bad
    • You are still vulnerable to Stone Edge if they're fast enough. Or if you switch into it. Or doubly if you switch into it and they're fast enough. This is Bad
  • Ho-oh's speed might not be enough to abuse Roost's lack of weakness. This is Bad-ish
  • No Regenerator even without Stealth Rocks. This is Awful
    • But yes Pressure. This is Good, insofar no ability would technically be neutral
  • Burn Up is powerful. This is Good
    • ...but to abuse it offensively, you need to switch after use. This averages to Bad-ish
      • Also no Sacred Fire. This is Bad.
  • If you use Burn Up and then switch, the jig is up.
  • Ho-oh is bulky and has reliable recovery, so with Pressure it can PP stall. This is Good
  • Ho-oh can't raise its Defense. This is Bad
  • Ho-oh can raise its Sp. Def with Calm Mind. This is Good.
    • If you go mixed, the Sp Attack boosts are meaningless. Also no Regenerator to offset Brave Bird recoil. This is Bad-ish
    • If you don't go mixed, and want to avoid getting completely shut down, you have to run HP Ice or HP Flying. Also you waste 130 base Attack. This is Bad-ish
  • Toxic + Whirlwind. This is Good
    • This Ho-oh can't Burn. WTF
  • Can't go Assault Vest, because no Regenerator. This is Bad
  • Three attacks + Roost is actually Two attacks + Roost. You can actually get things done, so long as the things don't involve stalling. This is Bad-ish
My first veredict was: "Maybe, if you manage to set up a late-game where you can send Ho-oh out and reliably keep it there, then yes, it can work"
But now I'm leaning towards: "If Pressure Ho-oh doesn't really do anthing for anyone, Burn Up isn't really going to make a difference"

So run it together with Hurricane Lugia.

Last edited:
Hello! working on completing a Live dex, and missing only 4 Pokemon. If anyone is willing to trade to help me finish this 5-year (started with X&Y) process I'd be ecstatic, so please let me know!

I'm looking for a Naganadel (or poipole that I can evolve), Genesect, Marshadow and Kyogre(traded to get something else and Having troubles finding it in the Ultra wormholes. DX)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)