Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 50 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
TASs (Tool Assisted Speedruns) of FR/LG abuse Metronome like crazy against the Elite Four for OHKOs. This Fire Red TAS is a pretty good example. (Skip to 1:33:23 for the Elite Four)
I clicked that link, clicked around for a bit, and found a brief explanation for how metronome works in gen 3. Do you have any idea how it works in other games?

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
I clicked that link, clicked around for a bit, and found a brief explanation for how metronome works in gen 3. Do you have any idea how it works in other games?
Sorry but no. I'd guess it works about the same way.

I doubt anyone looked into it too much because competitive players don't care about Metronome and people that make TASs only care about what can help them and the best Pokemon to use in other games can't learn Metronome. Speedrunners would care enough to learn how if it wasn't completely unpredictable without inhuman levels of RNG manipulation. There's not many people outside those groups that are interested in dissecting the game to see how random the most random thing is. Maybe try asking ROM hackers? There's some pretty impressive Pokemon hacks, so those guys have to know tons about how the games work. Then again, most of the impressive hacks are Gen 3, so...

Edit: Edited my post at the top of the page to ask for a Lure Ball Rotom, Dusk Ball Spiritomb, and a Defense Curl Pikachu. (lol)

Last edited:
Just wondering if anyone has any of the 5th gen Mythics, preferably Genesect and Meloetta. It would have to be through Ultra Sun because that's the only game that's set up. If someone does have one, that would be nice.

My IGN is Kainoa, in case someone wants to trade.

Just wondering if anyone has any of the 5th gen Mythics, preferably Genesect and Meloetta. It would have to be through Ultra Sun because that's the only game that's set up. If someone does have one, that would be nice.

My IGN is Kainoa, in case someone wants to trade.
I RNG'd a shiny Genesect a while back, i can give it to you if you're fine with receiving a clone

I RNG'd a shiny Genesect a while back, i can give it to you if you're fine with receiving a clone
That's fine. We would have to link trade. My IGN is Kainoa, so look for me on Ultra Sun.

Hello. I was wondering if anyone has either of the Vivillon event patterns: Pokeball or Fancy. I'm willing to trade something good for them. Also, if someone has an Own Tempo Rockruff. I'll trade them as well.

My IGN is Kainoa on Pokemon Ultra Sun.

Edit: The Vivillon and Dusk Form Lycanroc have been traded and recieved.

Mod edit : Please do not double post. If you forgot to add something, please edit your previous post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there.
I am currently looking for (Gen 7):
-Dream Ball Vullaby (preferably HA but not necessary)
-Dream Ball Skorupi
-Net Ball Tirtouga

Natures and EVs don't matter at all. Since these are pretty hard to come by nowadays, I would greatly appreciate any help.

In return I can offer a few somewhat fancy Ball/Mon combinations if someone's interested.
:Moon Ball: :Gligar: Gligar - Jolly
:Dream Ball: :Magby: Magby - Modest
:Safari Ball: :Aipom: Aipom - Jolly
:Dream Ball: :Gothita: Gothita - Sassy
:Dream Ball: :Mareep: Mareep - Quiet

Edit:
Thanks to HVT and BH for the quick correction. My bad, I looked at the wrong page.
Trade completed thanks to BlizzardHero.

Last edited:
Hi there.
-Dream Ball Skorupi
-Net Ball Tirtouga
Natures and EVs don't matter at all. Since these are pretty hard to come by nowadays, I would greatly appreciate any help.

In return I can offer a few somewhat fancy Ball/Mon combinations if someone's interested.
Just so you're aware but Vullaby isn't possible in a Dreamball prior to Gen 8 as it was never available in Gen 5's Dreamworld.

Hi there.
-Dream Ball Skorupi
-Net Ball Tirtouga

HVT beat me to it, but yeah, DB Vullaby is an illegal ball combination.

Regardless, I more or less have what you're looking for. I have DB Skorupi and NB Tirtouga, and if you want it, Heal Ball Vullaby (though it's not HA). I'll be available for a little while longer, otherwise I can give you them latter today. I only offer clones of my breedables atm, if that's okay with you. MSG me if you want them/when you're ready.

Haven't played in a while and been looking to get back into collecting a bit. Looks like rng in gen 8 is just for raid dens and tsv hatching no longer works the way it used to. Is the only way to breed shinys just by breeding hatching a bunch? Maybe use like masuda method to improve chances? Or is there a new gen 8 mechanic for this? Thanks in advance!

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
Haven't played in a while and been looking to get back into collecting a bit. Looks like rng in gen 8 is just for raid dens and tsv hatching no longer works the way it used to. Is the only way to breed shinys just by breeding hatching a bunch? Maybe use like masuda method to improve chances? Or is there a new gen 8 mechanic for this? Thanks in advance!
Masuda + shiny charm are your only options for breeding in G8.

I'm looking for a brave stakataka flawless 0ivs speed, ditto 5ivs 31, 0ivs atk for breeding and some Pokémon events of the period legends 2018 in gen7. For the trade i have competitive Pokémon, two ditto one 6ivs and one with 0ivs speed and some event of gen7. If u can help me contact me in private

Last edited:
Let's say I used PKHeX to fill the Pokedex. I then go and talk to the NPC that gives the shiny charm to obtain it instead of hacking it in directly. Am I allowed to trade shinies I've caught on the save I've altered? I only did this because 1. I'm impatient and 2. These are older games.

Tatertot

always the poet, never the poem
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Let's say I used PKHeX to fill the Pokedex. I then go and talk to the NPC that gives the shiny charm to obtain it instead of hacking it in directly. Am I allowed to trade shinies I've caught on the save I've altered? I only did this because 1. I'm impatient and 2. These are older games.
Check out the section of the rules under "On Cloning, Hacking, and Glitches", it covers cases such as this.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
If it isn't crossed out, I still need help.

I need help transferring 10 Pokemon from Gen 7 to Gen 8. (I'd trade them to your game, you'd transfer them, then you'd trade them to me on Home)

Asking for the following Pokemon in these Balls in Gen 7.

:Dusk Ball: :Spiritomb: Spiritomb
:Lure Ball: :Rotom: Rotom
:Dive Ball: :Spheal: Spheal (I finally remembered to use Island Scan on the right day.)
:Quick Ball: :Gligar: Gligar with Immunity
:Dive Ball: :Nidoran-F: Nidoran-F
:Dive Ball: :Tympole: Tympole

I can offer these Pokemon. I only have a 31/0/31/31/31/31 Dittos in Ultra Moon, but I'll make sure the Pokemon I give you have at least 4 31s. (or 3 31s and 0 Speed) I can also offer Gold Bottlecaps if you want them. (I know Eisen is giving away 6 IV Dittos but I don't want one. That giveaway is how I got the Ditto I'm using.)
:Beast Ball: :Beldum: Beldum - Jolly
:Great Ball: :Bagon: Bagon - Adamant Moxie
:Dusk Ball: :Skrelp: Skrelp - Modest Adaptability
:Poke Ball: :Snivy: Snivy - Modest Contrary
:Lure Ball: :Corphish: Corphish - Brave Adaptability 0 Speed
:Luxury Ball: :Mimikyu: Mimikyu - Brave 0 Speed
:Heal Ball: :Slowpoke: Slowpoke - Calm Regenerator
:Dusk Ball: :Charmander: Charmander - Adamant
:Dusk Ball: :Oranguru: Oranguru - Relaxed 0 Speed or Calm
:Dream Ball: :Swablu: Swablu - Careful or Calm
:Heal Ball: :Chansey: Chansey - Bold or Calm
:Poke Ball: :Porygon: Porygon - Bold, Calm, or Modest
:Safari Ball: :Pinsir: Pinsir - Jolly
:Dusk Ball: :Houndour: Houndour - Timid
:Beast Ball: :Mareanie: Mareanie - Calm Regenerator
:Dusk Ball: :Pyukumuku: Pyukumuku - Calm Unaware 0 Attack
:Level Ball: :Sandygast: Sandygast - Bold/Calm
:Fast Ball: :Magnemite: Magnemite - Calm (Sorry for a "bad" nature)

I'm also looking for a few Pokemon that can't be breed for in Gen 7. Shinies aren't special to me unless I find them, so please don't offer shinies. I don't care about the Nature because Mints can fix those and Bottlecaps can fix most IVs, but I want Atk to suck because of confusion and Foul Play, so a 0 IV in Atk would be really nice if possible.
I can offer a clone of a Luxury Ball Softboiled Clefairy with a 0 Atk IV and Neutral Nature. Speaking of, if anyone wants to clone and share it, please ask. I'd like such an annoying to get Pokemon to be given away to anyone that wants one. I also have an Adamant Master Ball Sword Dance Shedinja named Shed Soul if anyone wants a clone of it.
Edit: If I haven't had help transferring them yet, I can have a 0 IV Atk Ultra Ball Zapdos or 0 IV Atk Dive Ball Regice cloned. The other IVs suck because I just wanted the 0 Atk.

:Quick Ball: :Tornadus: Tornadus
:Cherish Ball: :Fennekin: Fenniken (Injected Wondercards are okay. It's only from a one week Japanese only Gen 6 Event and is locked into a Neutral Nature, so I don't expect many people to have one laying around.)
:Ultra Ball:/:Safari Ball:/:Poke Ball: :Pikachu: Pikachu with Defense Curl (Gen 2 TM and Emerald Tutor. I'll gladly take any Pokeball because of how unlikely this is, but please give me a Safari Ball one if you have only Emerald. It's more special than Normal Pokeballs)

Honestly, I have no hope for the Pikachu, especially an Ultra Ball one because you have to catch it in FR/LG then trade it to Emerald. I'm just hoping that someone laughs at a request that stupid. Defense Curl/Charge/Rest/Recycle Leppa Berry Alolan Riachu is a terrible idea and I know it. I'd be better off being forced to "settle" for Magnezone, which can't boost its SpD.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)