Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 50 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heyo, have a (hopefully easy) question that I'd like more brains to help on.

One of the big moveset changes in Gen 8 was the removal of Toxic from most Pokemon, making it a transfer-exclusive move. While it was probably a needed change, Toxic has played a major role in countless competitive sets and is still very useful - but is probably not going to be universally re-added anytime soon.

Which Pokemon need or desperately want Toxic in their sets (excluding those who can learn it in Gen 8, and regardless of tier)? A simple list is fine, would just like some smarter people to help.

I'm not planning on exclusively working on Toxic-set Pokemon, but it would be helpful to have a list of Pokemon to possibly prioritize in my schedule.

Thanks in advance!

Heyo, have a (hopefully easy) question that I'd like more brains to help on.

One of the big moveset changes in Gen 8 was the removal of Toxic from most Pokemon, making it a transfer-exclusive move. While it was probably a needed change, Toxic has played a major role in countless competitive sets and is still very useful - but is probably not going to be universally re-added anytime soon.

Which Pokemon need or desperately want Toxic in their sets (excluding those who can learn it in Gen 8, and regardless of tier)? A simple list is fine, would just like some smarter people to help.

I'm not planning on exclusively working on Toxic-set Pokemon, but it would be helpful to have a list of Pokemon to possibly prioritize in my schedule.

Thanks in advance!
How are you defining need/desperately want? When it's not slashed, for example?

How are you defining need/desperately want? When it's not slashed, for example?
I define need/want as either A: any Pokemon who's only viable competitive set uses toxic (is there any mon even like that?) or B: any Pokemon who has a non-niche competitive set that uses Toxic. This of course excludes any Pokemon who did not lose access to Toxic in Gen 8, as previously stated.

For example, Hitmontop often runs/ran Toxic on a Rapid Spin set in order to slow walls that might otherwise set up on it. Technically, Hitmontop can run a much more offensive set, but its primary set has usually been to fill the Rapid Spin niche. Thus, I would classify Hitmontop as a Pokemon that really wants access to Toxic.

An anti-example would be Scrafty. Scrafty can technically run a Toxic since it has strong bulk and good recovery if you wanted to stall. Realistically though, Scrafty has much more viable sets and you'd probably never build a Toxic-stall Scrafty other than for fun. Thus, Scrafty goes into the too niche category.

There are of course a lot of outliers and things obviously change. Escavalier, for example, used to only run Toxic as a niche set for a surprise. But, now there's an NU SpDef set that uses Toxic. There's a lot of room for interpretation and there's no definite line on what is applicable - which is why I'm seeking advice. Sorry if I can't be more clear than that.

I define need/want as either A: any Pokemon who's only viable competitive set uses toxic (is there any mon even like that?) or B: any Pokemon who has a non-niche competitive set that uses Toxic. This of course excludes any Pokemon who did not lose access to Toxic in Gen 8, as previously stated.

For example, Hitmontop often runs/ran Toxic on a Rapid Spin set in order to slow walls that might otherwise set up on it. Technically, Hitmontop can run a much more offensive set, but its primary set has usually been to fill the Rapid Spin niche. Thus, I would classify Hitmontop as a Pokemon that really wants access to Toxic.

An anti-example would be Scrafty. Scrafty can technically run a Toxic since it has strong bulk and good recovery if you wanted to stall. Realistically though, Scrafty has much more viable sets and you'd probably never build a Toxic-stall Scrafty other than for fun. Thus, Scrafty goes into the too niche category.

There are of course a lot of outliers and things obviously change. Escavalier, for example, used to only run Toxic as a niche set for a surprise. But, now there's an NU SpDef set that uses Toxic. There's a lot of room for interpretation and there's no definite line on what is applicable - which is why I'm seeking advice. Sorry if I can't be more clear than that.
No worries, I had just started going through all fully-evolved analyses and quite a few had Toxic listed

Does anyone have a Shadow Ball TM they can trade me? I've been having horrible luck with the sphere traders and don't have enough BP for one.

EDIT: Helped

Last edited:
Like hunter looking for a good iv ditto to breed in my brilliant diamond cartridge!

Lf bold cresselia to do the battle tower

Thanks

Mod edit : Please do not double post. If you forgot to add something, please edit your previous post.

Last edited by a moderator:
(Reading about Melmetal)

https://www.smogon.com/dex/ss/pokemon/melmetal/

https://www.serebii.net/pokedex-swsh/melmetal/

My Comment:
- Hmmmmm....... (Thinking)......

(Found out that the TM Toxic technique is a Transfer only move)

(Asking some questions)

Hmm..... I'm assuming that Meltan and Melmetal cannot learn Toxic unless it's from Pokemon Sun and Moon?

Also, this might be a silly question to you guys, but what cheating device do you use to clone your pokemon on Pokemon Sword and Shield? It's called "Switch Up", isn't it? If yes, where do you get it from?

I haven't been active on Smogon for a while and I haven't played pokemon for a long time because I have been very occupied. So I might not be familiar with some of the changes and I trying to catch up with everyone on Pokemon Sword and Shield since I'm way behind.

Last edited:
Hmm..... I'm assuming that Meltan and Melmetal cannot learn Toxic unless it's from Pokemon Sun and Moon?
The Melmetal line cannot be transferred to SM/USUM. They were introduced in Pokemon Go, but Pokemon from that game can only be transferred to Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee (or straight to Home), where they could learn Toxic as a TM. If you scroll down to the bottom of Serebii dex pages, the transfer-exclusive move list will show you where they could last learn that move for each Pokemon.
Also, this might be a silly question to you guys, but what cheating device do you use to clone your pokemon on Pokemon Sword and Shield? It's called "Switch Up", isn't it? If yes, where do you get it from?
I'm not the best person to ask about cloning for Gen 8 since I haven't done any (or anything in Gen 8 for that matter). However, I haven't heard of anyone using any external devices to clone in Gen 8. You might be able to clone if you get CFW running on your switch, but it's complicated, risky, and I'm not sure if there are any homebrew tools for cloning regardless.

Predominantly, people have been cloning using Anubot on the Smogon WiFi Discord server (join here). It's a service run by Anubis, but you'll have to ask there for more details. Cloning in Gen 8 has a few more caveats than it did in Gen 7, but Anubot is currently the best way if that's a service you need.
I haven't been active on Smogon for a while and I haven't played pokemon for a long time because I have been very occupied. So I might not be familiar with some of the changes and I trying to catch up with everyone on Pokemon Sword and Shield since I'm way behind.
Glad to have you back!

The Melmetal line cannot be transferred to SM/USUM. They were introduced in Pokemon Go, but Pokemon from that game can only be transferred to Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee (or straight to Home), where they could learn Toxic as a TM. If you scroll down to the bottom of Serebii dex pages, the transfer-exclusive move list will show you where they could last learn that move for each Pokemon.

I'm not the best person to ask about cloning for Gen 8 since I haven't done any (or anything in Gen 8 for that matter). However, I haven't heard of anyone using any external devices to clone in Gen 8. You might be able to clone if you get CFW running on your switch, but it's complicated, risky, and I'm not sure if there are any homebrew tools for cloning regardless.

Predominantly, people have been cloning using Anubot on the Smogon WiFi Discord server (join here). It's a service run by Anubis, but you'll have to ask there for more details. Cloning in Gen 8 has a few more caveats than it did in Gen 7, but Anubot is currently the best way if that's a service you need.

Glad to have you back!
Thank you!

And Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. I really appreciate it.

I was thinking about asking Tatertot for Melmetal, but I really don't think I have any pokemon to trade him for something that rare and valuable. I mean he might have everything that I have on my trade thread already. lol

Looking for someone that can trade me a 3 IV+ ditto in BDSP to help me increase the egg drop rate in my breeding projects. I can offer the 3 IV ditto I'm using now (HP + Def + SpD) or any of the results of my projects (Starmie, Scizor, Jolteon, Pelipper, Kingdra, Tyranitar, Garchomp, and Dragonite).

Hey guys! I am currently desperate for a ditto for breeding purposes. Honestly the whole chain mechanic for a ditto with good IVs is frustrating. So I was willing to trade the mew they give you in the game (I might be dumb) for a ditto with 4-5 perfect IVs. Is this a good deal? Please let me know :(

Hello, i am looking for SPBD synchro pokes with these natures modest/adamant/rash any other details doesnt matter pm if you are willing to help me, thanks :)

Edit: Got them, thanks

Last edited:
I'm looking for someone who can trade some pokemon from my sun game up to SWSH and then send them over to my shield game, as I don't have paid pokemon home.

I additionally only have the trial of switch online as funds are tight ATM, so if this could be done in the next few days I'd be super grateful (I believe I have 5 days left) ;o;

I also need to tutor knock off onto my sandile and bug bite + knock off onto my scizor - I can do this myself as I have UM, but I'd have to use the GTS to send them to myself, so if it wouldn't be trouble that would also be wonderful (but not at all required, just let me know either way so I can do it myself before we trade if it's not possible).

--

If you'd like anything in return I have lots of breeding spitbacks in nice balls still in Sun, as well as some newly hatched pentaflalwess pokes I likely won't use.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)